Alphas Mrs. Right

By The_Nasty_Gal

When a werewolf prince comes of age the royal family must hold a ceremony at which 30 girls will go to the ca... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30

25

400 9 2
By The_Nasty_Gal

Ava's POV xxxxxxxxxxxx

I stood there with my arms crossed as Damian had a mental breakdown. I mean I understand why he kissed his future brother-in-law's mate and insulted him afterward. What a great family reunion this is all going to be in the future. He's been staring at her for about ten minutes now. His jaw is practically on the floor and he keeps looking between us.

"This can't be right." He runs his hand through his now messy hair. "Just an hour ago I had the strongest feelings for you and now you're not even in my mind because she keeps running through it." Ok ouch, But that's alright.

"That's how the whole mate thing works." I sigh looking around for a waiter, I need another drink.

'And why haven't I found her before I mean she is the princess and I work in the castle I should've smelled her a year ago." His eyebrows scrunch together.

"She went to study abroad, spent a while in Spain then to London. She hasn't been home in two years." I say remembering one of the conversations we had in the closet.

"How come she can't she smell me? Is it possible to be someone's mate, but they aren't yours?" Yea he's definitely freaking out. I've never seen him like this. He's normally put together and calm but now he plays with the buttons on his sleeve. I clear my throat ready to give the best motivational speech of the year.

"She probably thinks it's the food, she hasn't seen you yet. She hasn't made the connection, so go over there and help her." I push him slightly, but he just shakes his head. Yep nailed the speech.

"What if she rejects me because I'm a low class, or because I'm not good enough?" I can see the worry and hurt clear in his eyes. I put both my hands on his shoulders stepping in front of him, forcing him to look at me.

"Mason didn't. And you are a great guy who can love and protect her. The youngest guy to ever be crowned knight, and never lost a battle." I give him a reassuring smile. "Annnnnd you owe me a favor remember." I silently thank Alex for making us play truth or dare. I hear a groan come out of him making me laugh. I start to fix his hair and move out of the way so he can walk up to her. He slowly starts going, he looks like he's about to turn a different way. I walk up right behind Damian, hiding behind him.

"Lex!" I yell forcing her to turn around and look for the voice. I'm still behind him, did it work? did she see him? Damian's back is all of a sudden pushing against me. I lose my footing about to fall when a hand wraps around my waist pulling me up while warmth and tingles exploded across my back. I look to see what made me fall and notice Lex hugging Damian. I guess I'll suck it up this one time.

"What the hell." I turn to see mason, staring at his sister and Damian. Oh no. I turned him around so he was facing the other way.

"Your sister and Damian are mates ha ha." A strained smile forced its way onto my lips. I saw his jaw clench and his hands turn to fists.

"First my mate than my sister. Does he have a death wish?" He cranes his neck to look at the couple who is drawing in a crowd of people congratulating them. I slap his arm making him look at me with a wild expression.

"I'm not joking about the sexual harassment lawsuit. You just keep giving me more material to put into it." He joked.

"Why didn't you tell me Ashley was gay and already found her mate?" Now my arms were crossed. A smirk grew on his face.

"I love to see you jealous, I knew you wanted me." He lifted his head high.

"Did the slap on the arm tell you that?" I asked. He pulled me close to him his mouth just above my ear.

"No you on the closet floor did." My cheeks got hot as he pulled away chuckling. Then it stopped, I looked up and saw him staring at Lex. I put my hands on his head and lean up to kiss his cheek.

"He's not after me anymore, and you're sister has been waiting for this. He can protect her, care for her, don't take this away from her." I say into his ear. I lean back down onto my feet only to be met with a glare.

"Ok but I'm not calling him brother-in-law." I laugh and shake my head when I feel an arm wrap around my shoulder. I turn to see Alex with a stupid smile plastered on his face.

"Good evening love birds." He drawled out.

"Hands off" Mason growled. Alex put his hands up in surrender taking a few steps back.

"How can you talk to me like that on my birthday?" Alex wined, and a sudden feeling of guilt came over me.

"I didn't know it was your birthday," I said trying to sound natural. Why did no one mention it?

"It's not your birthday, February fifth is" I look over to see masons arms crossed a confused look on his face.

"Yes, it is." Alex demanded

"Alex I've known you for fifteen years, today is not your birthday." Mason signed rubbing his temples.

"No you've always had it wrong, I just didn't have the heart to tell you." He faked a sad look, hand over his chest.

"Wow you're so kind," I say gently placing a hand on his shoulder.

"The sacrifices I make to keep him happy." Alex wipes away a fake tear.

"You've done well, happy birthday," I say with a smile.

"It's not his birthday," Mason grumbled as he walked away. I guess the whole Damian and Lex situation really got to him. My thoughts were interrupted by Alex.

"Did you get my little present?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows up and down. I rolled my eyes and moved the strap on my dress reviling part of the lacy bralette. Alex smiled and raised his hand in the air, I raised my own smacking his.

"Atta girl, hopefully, that little giddup will get the sick out of Mason's ass. He's been in a mood ever since we got here." So it wasn't just his sister's love interest that bothered him.

"what's Wrong wi-" I was cut off by a tall middle-aged man. He stepped in front of me like I wasn't even here and took Alex's hand.

"Hello beta, I and a couple of my friends were wondering if the future king would be announcing his future queen today." Wow, the guts this guy has to just ask something so personal. Alex didn't bat an eye, the sly smile never wavering.

"I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you. His royal highness has kept his love life a secret from everyone including me." Yea right I thought taking another sip of my champagne.

"It's usually a tradition to do it at the ball, and we are a little worried there are still fourteen girls left." He took a quick glance at me. "Thirteen really" he finished. My heart fell. A look of shock crossed Alex's face. I knew this was going to happen, this is their reaction.

"What do you mean thirteen?" He asked coming to stand next to me. It felt nice having him by my side.

"Oh, you don't really think this girl has a chance. Don't get me wrong you look good tonight even I would think you're someone important if I didn't know who you really were. I would even consider taking you to bed, but let's be honest here. The other girls have way more experience, he can't choose a low-ranked wolf with no power and no intelligence. He would be choosing the downfall of our country if he picked this girl and we all know it. She has nothing to offer and everything to gain, a dangerous mix." Tears welled up in my eyes. I tried to blink them away, I wouldn't let him see me cry. He didn't deserve to know he hurt me.

"Don't talk about her like that," Alex growled, I noticed the room had gotten eerily quiet.

"Seriously the only way she would ever be queen is if she slept her way into it." He laughed, he thought it was funny. Comical that I could ever be a decent queen. "She just using hi-" a growl irrupted so low and dangerous the ground shook. Next thing I know the man was up in the air, Mason holding him by his neck.

"I'm going to kill you. If you say another word if you even think an ill thought towards her I will kill everyone you hold dear and take everything you have. You have insulted the women that I love, and for that, I'm going to kill you." He snarled. Everyone gasped looking at me. the only thing that runs through my mind was that he loved me. Tears dropped down my cheeks hitting the floor, even though no one wants me as queen I couldn't help but feel happy. People ran towards him trying to pry his hand away from the guy's neck, mason didn't budge. People started yelling at him telling him to let go, but he didn't move an inch

"Mason." I barely whispered, his head snapped in my direction. His face softened and he let go instantly and starts walking toward me, ignoring the protests of everyone. He took my head in his hands wiping my tears with his thumbs then pulled me close to him. My head was buried in his chest blocking me from the world.

"I'm so sorry Ava, you told me this would happen and I didn't listen. I was just hoping for the best, but I promise if you choose me that will never happen again." I pulled away from him, looking into the eyes that held so much adoration.

"It was never a choice." I pulled down his neck and kissed him so deep my toes felt the warmth of our lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 4.6K 30
Daphne is the first born Luna Queen, as her coronation draws closer and closer, with no mate in sight her parents fear managing the Kingdom may prove...
197K 5.5K 36
WARNING: UNDER EXTREME EDITING An Alpha King A Human Girl Alpha King Luca Mason, 23, known to be the greatest Alpha of all time. The only thing is he...
168 12 6
Sloane McKenna, the Alpha's daughter, has always had high standards to live up to. When her parents announce that other packs will be arriving soon w...
1.5M 78.5K 45
(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silently falling for her childhood best friend...