Far Away Reality

By 24azentner

I don't own BBC Merlin or any of their characters. I only own any added storylines and my OC's. Arthur Pendra... More

Cast of: "Far Away Reality"
Prologue
Chapter One: Ealdor
Chapter Two: Welcome to Camelot
Chapter Three: The First Meeting(s)
Chapter Four: The Dragon's Call
Chapter Five: Tournament
Chapter Seven: Talks with a Dragon
Chapter Eight: Morgana
Chapter Nine: The 'Plague'
Chapter Ten: The Afanc and Nimueh
Chapter Eleven: Arthur and Carly
Sneak peak at chapter twelve
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen (Part One)
Chapter Seventeen (Part two)
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Question...

Chapter Six: Snakes

263 9 0
By 24azentner

Warning: Non-canon violence as well as deviation from original episode.

Arthur POV:

Merlin came rushing in with the armor, seemingly worried. As he tries to set it down, pieces fall all over the floors of my chambers. After a moment I finally came to a realization.

"Merlin... where's Scarlett?" I asked, trying my best not to show I was beginning to worry for the serving girl I had only met a few days ago. Merlin remained silent. "Where is she? Not skipping her duties, is she?" I asked in hopes of further covering up my emotions. I cannot be seen to be worrying about my servant.

"She's still in the armory," he answered hesitantly. Why, on Earth, would she still be there? All my armor is here. Merlin spilt it everywhere, afterall.

"Why's she there? You've got everything, haven't you?"

"Yes, but we had an incident. Scarlett's handling it" Merlin added, rather quickly for my liking.

"What kind of incident" I pushed, feeling the worry inside me increase by the moment. When he didn't answer me, I decided to go and see for myself.

"Sire! Where are you going?" Merlin suddenly shouted as he tried to step in my way. Now, I really know that something is amiss.

"I am going to see what is happening, for myself. Get out of my way" I said strongly and began to walk around him. I stormed down the hall to the armory. When I arrived at the entry I could hear the sounds of struggling.

"You would never get away with it, even if you're a knight" I heard Scarlett as fiercely, the sound of someone spitting, and then gasping. I stormed in with my sworded aimed at whoever was in front of Scarlett with their hand on her throat.

"Get away from her!" I commanded as I touched my sword to the knights back and he tensed. Scarlett stared at me in shock, realizing it was me. She started to look almost relieved. "Remove your hand from her neck. Drop your sword on the ground and turn around slowly as you back away from the woman" I ordered as calmly and intimidating as I could muster.

"Sire" the voice of Valiant said as he followed my orders. Why would Valiant attack MY servant? Then again, when we first met, he did seem to be a creep. "I was merely demonstrating to this lovely girl, what happens when you disrespect and threaten a knight" he added with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. I glanced at Scarlett, who was grasping her throat, wide eyed, and panting.

"Sir, no matter what she said... you never lay a hand on a woman. Never" I stated. "Now get out of here before I report you to my father".

"Why would the King do anything about a knight, simply disciplining a servant?" he replied with an over confident smirk.

"He would if it were an assault, which goes against the knight's code, and was witnessed by The Prince of Camelot. Besides, even if he didn't do anything... I still could'' I threatened. "Now, go! Before I changed my mind about not reporting this" he walked out, not before sending one more sinister glance at Scarlett. I turned to her as I sheath my sword, "Are you alright? Did he harm you?" I asked worriedly, completely forgetting about status or how I should feel, for the moment. I was just simply concerned for her well being.

After a few deep breaths, she answered quietly," I will be, sire and he probably would have, had you not come along?... How did you know I was in here?"

"Merlin"

"Did he tell you?"

"Yes... if you don't mind me asking, what happened here? Why did he do this to you?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Ummm..." she seemed wary about telling me the full situation.

"You don't have to tell me," I quickly added. "He shouldn't have done it. Regardless of circumstance. Please let me know if he tries anything again" I said while putting a hand on her shoulder but then quickly removing it.

Carly POV:

"Thank you, sire" I said slowly and then bowed.

"Uhmm...we should head back to my room. I still need to get my armor on and Merlin is probably very worried about you"

"Yeah. We should go" I said, staring into his eyes. Scarlett! Stop it, he is the prince. Plus remember about Gwen and him in the future. Just... go and help Merlin with the armor. Once we were back, Merls was able to get Arthur into his armor. Much to the royal party's surprise. Out on the tournament grounds, we stood at the entrance and began to enjoy ourselves.

"Is it my imagination, or are you beginning to enjoy yourself?" Gaius asked Merli, while walking up to stand beside us.

"It...it isn't totally horrible all the time" Oh geesh! He is still in denial, causing me to laugh under my breath. We watched as Arthur continued to win his 'battles' as did Valiant. Then, he was up against Sir Ewan. I tensed up, there was nothing I could do to stop him from using the shield on him. I had no magic, so I couldn't make the snakes reveal themselves too soon. All I could do was watch and then in the future, try and prevent the second strike that ended Ewan's life in the show.

"Merlin, the shield!" I whispered.

"What about it?" he asked, I looked at Arthur and the decided I would tell Merlin later in private about the shield.

"I'll tell you later"

"Okay??" He gave me a concerned look. I sent a small smile back in hopes of reassuring him.

"I think he's badly injured," Merlin stated to Arthur while we took off his armor. On our walk back to the rooms, Merlin re-inquired about the shield and what I was trying to say before. I hushly explained the snakes and how I knew as we walked.

Just as we got to the door, Merl asked,"So, that's what you were talking to Valiant about when he attacked you?". He raised his eyebrows at me and stopped me just before we entered the room.

"Yes... Well, sort of. I had told him that I knew what he was planning and that I would stop him. Which I sort of failed, but, I can still prevent the death of Ewan"

"You shouldn't have done that. He's a knight and you have no physical proof!"

"I was having a brave moment and I couldn't just stand by and do nothing"

"We could have figured it out together!"

"Okay, sorry next time I will fill you in" he looked confused at my words. I rolled my eyes and said,"I will tell you first".

"Good. Now what did you mean about preventing Ewan's death?"

"I can just simply not leave his side until he is fully healed. Then I could stop Valiant's snakes from finishing him off" I explained.

"Just be careful," and with that Merlin opened the door. Where we found Gaius to be grinding some herbs.

"How is he?" Merlin asked in respect to Ewan. Who was in fact lying on a cot in the very room we stood.

"It's most odd. Look at this" Gaius pointed to the two puncture marks on the knight's neck. "See these two small wounds? It looks like a snake bite"

"How could he have been bitten by a snake, he was injured in a sword fight?"

"I know. Valiant's shield has snakes on it. In the show, he uses the shield to kill Ewan and then to attempt to kill Arthur" I stated with hesitance.

"How can you be sure? You said that your presence here alone could have changed things" Gaius inquired.

"I confronted Valiant in the armory when he raised his sword at Merlin and I. Based off his reaction to my vague comments... things are consistent to when I know"

"Then we must proceed with caution and try to find some physical evidence. Not only so we can stop Valiant, but so we can create an antidote for Ewan. If this truly is a snake bite poisoning, then we'll need the head of that snake or at least venum from it" Gaius continued.

The following day, Merlin and I were with Arthur out on the tournament grounds. We made sure his armor was ready and correctly put on him. Merlin caught sight of the rather large, bulky knight that the Prince was to compete against next.

"You've got to fight that??" he stated in what almost sounded like concern. Causing a small smile to grow on my face, which I tried to conceal.

"Yes, he's as strong as a bear but he's slow"

"And you're fast"

"Exactly" Arthur tried to appear sure of himself. I knew all too well that he was nervous but I wasn't going to bring that up again. We all know how that went last time. As we walked to watch the fight, Gaius passed us. Not before asking how we were getting on.

"Fine, you know. Just doing our jobs" I nodded in agreement with what Merl had said. Even if in truth, I was concerned for Arthur. Not only for this fight, regardless if I knew he would win, but for the fight against Valiant at the end of the tournament. Arthur won his fight against the Bear knight, as expected, and Valiant also won his fight. Which meant the final fight would actually happen, much to my dismay. After completing our duties, Merlin headed to check on Ewan and I decided to check up on Arthur and complete a few extra chores just to clear my head.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 56.6K 99
No young man or woman, no matter how great, can know their destiny. They cannot glimpse their part in the great story that is about to unfold. Like e...
1.4K 59 8
๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ young princess of a long forgotten kingdom sets off in search of answers after finding an old Prophecy. Arthur Pendragon x OC Merlin BBC Sea...
10.5K 268 39
Follow Alexandra on her journey in Camelot along with her brother, the great wizard, Merlin. Everyone has a destiny, so what is hers? With powers so...
159K 4.5K 40
Harry Potter x BBC Merlin crossover ----- In which Arthur is the fool in love and Elizabeth is the oblivious protagonist extended summary inside Aut...