Unknown Hero (A Amphibia AU)

By NotSimpleFangirl

Anne didn't have a choice. She didn't get to live. She was forced to move on. She can't go back. What are the... More

Chapter 2: Blame
Chapter 3: Aching
Chapter 4 Scars

Chapter 1: Faults

292 10 9
By NotSimpleFangirl

NOTICE: If you have not read the original fic by rubberduckiezzz I would recommend you go and do that now, its pretty darn good. 

But, if you don't I have the beginning of it rewritten here. (There is some changes, somethings excluded or things added.)

Drew the cover myself, hope ya'll like it~!

It's been a week since her family moved. It's been two since Andrias' invasions, two weeks since Anne's sacrifice, Anne's death.

Nobody knows what happened in LA two weeks ago, what happened in Amphibia shortly after.

------

She'll have to go to school again.

It'll be hard, But she'll make it, she always does. But this time?

It's for Anne.

------

Marcy's eyes flutter open to the sound of her alarm.

She turns, staring at it warily. Its just sitting there.

Beeping.

She finally stands up and turns it off.

She zones out as she brushes her hair, subconsciously staring at the empty space where her green hair clip should be.

The hair clip Anne gave her.

Anne.

------

She makes her way to school.

She's staring at the ground as she trudges along the sidewalk, Masked face hiding her thoughts.

She thinks of her friends, the ones she'll never see again, Sasha. Anne. She chased them away, she was being so selfish, why hadn't she just used her head, for once.

They were right to think of her as a monster.

------

She takes a sit as the teacher starts to talk, "Today we will be writing about a hero in the real world. It can be anyone whos made a difference in this world." She immediately thinks of Anne. She died saving worlds. She's a hero. Marcy's hero. The teacher sets a paper on her desk, on the top it's labeled 'Hero'. Soon a newspaper flops onto her desk. "You'll be using the newspaper to find a hero. And yes, you can trade them out. Now let's get to work!" the teacher lets out a small sigh.

Marcy flips straight to an article labeled, "Girl saves LA" Only five sentences, nobody wants to know what happened, nobody can know what happened.

------

Some of you readers already have heard about the events in LA, it has recently been known as 'Frogvasion'. The Alien leader, Andrias, as an anonymous eyewitness has supplied, fought with a young girl. Anne Boonchuy. Surprisingly, but undoubtedly, the young teen beat the tyrant. She went missing shortly after, she hasn't been spotted since.

------

The FBI really covered this one up.

------

A few minutes had passed when the teacher stood up. "Okay, we will take turns reading out essays aloud!" The teacher nods at the ravine haired girl. "Marcy, your up first."

Marcy bits her lip, fiddling with the edge of her paper as she walks to the front of the class. She glances at the teacher, the teacher just smiles, with a small tilt of their head.

She swallows nervously.

"My essay is about Anne Boonchuy." A couple whispers float through the crowd, quickly silenced by the teacher's deadly glare. "She was a friend of min-" She's caught off by a snobby voice.

The student has dirty blond hair with hard gray eyes.

Cassie.

Ugh, she's mean.

Cassie glares at Marcy as she begins, "So like, is she really a hero, or did she just make the newspaper for being friends with a dork." Riley sneers, wrinkling up her nose as if 'dork' was a smell.

Marcy winces.

The class laughs.

"I never knew it was that bad to befriend a wonk!" someone yells, causing the class to erupt with laughter.

After the laughter dies down the teacher speaks up. "Continue, Marcy." there's a edge to their voice. It was meant for the class, but it didn't help the poor girl's anxiety, at all.

There's a small pause before she continues. "Anne saved many lives, and she changed more. Anne was also credited for fighting the tyrant Andrias in the events of Frogvasion, after that, she disappeared, no one... no one knows what happened to her." she hesitates,

That's a lie.

She knows exactly what happened to her.

To Anne.

"In the events of Frogvasion." Someone echoes

"Wasn't that fake?" Another askes.

"That Anne Boonchuy?"

Murmurs ripple through the crowd.

"Marcy," The teacher speaks up, silencing the audience. "Is this even real?"

Is this even real?

The question echoes through the girl's head.

Is this even real?

Is it?

"Of course." Marcy states, as if it's obvious, because to her, it is.

"Right"

The class bursts into giggles.

Will Cassie ever shut up?

------

Marcy sprints, all the way home.

She has to get out of there. She has to get home.

------

Marcy closes the door to her bedroom behind her, she drops her bag to the side and slides to the floor, shaking.

Why did she pick Anne?

Because it was her fault she was dead.

It was her fault she was gone.

Forgotten.

It's all her fault.

No one else you could blame.

------

Marcy buries her face in her hand with a heavy sigh.

There's video evidence of Frogvasion, so why? Why did no one believe her?

Her head snaps up.

Of course! That makes so much more sense now, the FBI!

Sure, FBI agents were helping fight the frobots, but there gotta be some blocking the new broadcast from getting farther than LA right? So nobody outside of California, at most, got access to it. So almost nobody knows about it!

Oh.

Right.

Nobody knows.

Her head falls back into her hands with a muffled groan.

Nobody is going to let her hear the end of it. Not a single person.

------

Sooner or later Marcy had gotten up and flopped onto her bed, pulling out her switch to get absorbed it Vagabondia Chronicles. Her favorite game.

Mr. B tried to get her into playing Vagabondia Chronicles Online, but to her it just wasn't the same.

Especially after Anne died.

------

"Come on, Anna-banana!" Marcy yelps, dragging the Thai girl through her own house straight into her dad's office.

Anne slows down as they enter the room, hesitant to touch anything. "Were not supposed to be in here, Marcy." she whispers her eyes dart to the now closed door.

Marcy traces Anne's gaze back to the door, her grin shrinks as she puts a hand on her friend's shoulder. "Don't worry Anne, I won't let nothing' happen to ya!" She tilts her head to the side, putting on her bravest smile, causing Anne to giggle at her missing tooth. "Is that a yes I hear?" Marcy teases, poking Anne gently.

Anne smacks at her hand playfully with another round of giggles. "You gotta promise Marcy, you gotta promise." She looks into Marcy's hazel eyes, her chestnut brown eyes full of all her unspoken worries.

The shorter girl grabs Anne's hands into her own with a cheerful smile. "I promise, I promise I won't let anything happen to you." Marcy's childish voice is filled with innocence and sincerity, causing Anne's doubts to disappear without a trace.

The two girls then race to the game set up and scramble onto the chair and Marcy turns the many electronics on.

It must have been sleeping because it immediately went to a screen labeled 'team states' which Marcy quickly exited. "Alright!" Marcy cheered. "Lets play!" Marcy pumps her fist repeatedly.

"Shush!" Anne hisses, elbowing the Chinese girl in the ribs.

A moment passes before Marcy realizes what she did wrong, "Sorry, sorry, a lot of pent up energy" She apologizes.

The Thai girl smiles at her friend, "It's okay," she turns towards the glowing computer, "there's two of us, its a one player game, how are we gonna play?" she looks at her friend questioning their plan of action.

Marcy grins again, "Oh that's easy," she begins "There's different levels you can go one to help level your characters up, we can do that, you do one level, I do the next!" she explains excitedly, her eyes lighting up.

"Marbles!" Anne warns, Marcy had gotten loud again.

"Sorry!" the glossy haired girl whispers.

The girls managed to to play for an hour or two, before being caught that is.

The door opened on to reveal to girls leaning close to a bright screen, in a dark room, Marcy was playing and Anne was silently cheering when the Boonchuys walked in.

Anne was the first to notice. "Um, Mar-mar?" she asked quietly, poking her friend's shoulder.

"Gimme a sec, I'm almost finished wit-Done!" She leans back into the chair, causing it to go spinning.

By the time it stops Marcy's already fallen off in a dizzy fit of giggle, Anne lasted till the end, gripping fearfully to the armrests.

Anne peaks out from the back of the chair, staring warily at her parents.

Marcy still hasn't noticed.

"Anne." Mrs. Boonchuy starts, not noticing her daughter shaking, and Marcy's swerving her head to look at them. "You know your father doesn't like you in her without supervision." Anne shrinks farther behind the chair.

Mr. Boonchuy shakes his head, "You even brought Marcy along with your shenanigans, that's not very good a very good habit to be getting into." he scolds.

Marcy turns to look at her friend, she seems so vulnerable, so scared.

"You gotta promise Marcy, you gotta promise.'

'I promise, I promise I won't let anything happen to you."

She promised.

Marcy glances back to the adults before walking to Anne and giving her a weak smile. She gently grabs one of Anne's hands and turns to the grown ups. "I did it." she states. Such a simple truth, such an innocent answer.

Mrs. and Mr. B. look at each other, confused. "What..?" Mr. B, Bee, asked.

"I did it," Marcy repeats. "I talked Anne into playing with me. I also completed your goal of getting your party leader to level 15." Marcy said all that with a straight face, and a blank tone. Not a hint of the struggle under the surface.

Mrs. B, Oum, turns to leave, as she exits she pats her husband on the shoulder and whispers into his ear, "This ones on you, love."

Bee just stares at Marcy, dumbfounded.

Marcy and Anne stare back.

Anne grips Marcy's hand a little hard.

Marcy glances up to look her in the eye. Marcy can practically hear Anne say 'you promised'

She turns back to the silhouette in the doorway, "Mr. B..." Marcy honestly had no idea what to say, good thing Bee spoke up.

"I'm gonna let you kids off the hook. But, um, next time, just ask, kay?" he's leaning down the their level and has a hand on Marcy's shoulder, "Now shoo, I have work to do." Marcy turns to Anne, dragging her out the door.

They make it to Anne's room before Marcy speaks up "Let's never do that again!"

Anne watches as Marcy collapses onto the floor, bringing her knees to her chest and begins to rock. She scoots over to sit by her best friend and looks her in the eye, "Why not? Your really good at the game!" Marcy turns to her, and she sees the stress that was left from standing up to her parents. It shouldn't have been that hard. It's not that hard for Sasha.

Marcy gives Anne a smile, then pulls out her switch "I have a better game to play."

The two friends scoot closer, ready to play Marcy's favorite game til the day they die.

If they need to, that is.

--------

Tears fill Marcy's eyes as the memory drifts from her mind.

That promise was broken now.

It broke when Marcy trapped them in Amphibia.

It was shattered when Anne died.

And it was Marcy's fault.

And nobody knew.

------

She places her Switch on its charger, and turns to face her blank wall.

She hadn't put anything away since she moved in. She couldn't.

It would make it permanent.

A constant reminder for all her mistakes.

A reminder that even though it worked for a little while, it ended off worse than it would because she's gone.

And she can't come back. Ever.

(Word Count: 1966) 

Alright, first chapter done!

If there's any typos please let me know, feel free to leave a comment and a vote.

(For rubberduckiezzz, if you want anything to be added or changed, let me know and I will do my best to fix it. You can also request anything, like a something you'd like to see or flashback.

I'd like to think of it as a thank you for allowing me to continue your AU.)

If you like this story so far, go follow rubberduckiezzz, their the creator of this fabulous AU.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 224 21
This is an AU of Season 3 that I wrote before Season 3 came out. After her death, Marcy finds a notebook in the castle and begins to write down her t...
4.6K 65 17
hay I know this is my first book so I do hope you enjoy I love all of the characters from amphibia they have a special place in my heart and also all...
3.6K 68 28
Set after the events of my previous Amphibia fanfiction, Amphibia The Calamity Gods (If you haven't read it yet then you should). The people of Earth...
17.5K 381 26
Just a bunch of One-Shots about Amphibia! Including~ Marcanne Sashanne Sasharcy Sashannarcy Character Angst Horror Gore I hope you enjoy!!