Silver

By Siekyou

Why did i live? For what purpose? Why me? More

1. Dead
2. Tara
3. Seedling
4. Star
5. Strong
6. Spear
7. Hide
8. Sweet
9. Warmth
10. Home
11. Read
12. Magus
13. Gulp
14. Girl
15. Charm
16. Mother
17.Her
18. Origin
19. Transition
20. See you soon
21. Arrived
22. Find
23. Agnes
24. Monica
Author's note
26. Train
27. Respect
28. Hero
29. Bow
30. Deos
31. Fly
32. Dog
33. Visitors
34. Fabian
35. Airplanes

25. Handsome

321 33 2
By Siekyou

Silver's point of view

The dark path leading towards the main mansion is coming into view. We were walking for a almost a quarter of an hour now, that's how big this place is.

The girl on my back is already asleep, she probably got tired because of crying.

When i continued to walk for some more, i heard shouting from the distance, coming from left and right. The people shouting have torches and lamps with them, they're probably looking for this girl on my back.

Someone came up to us, he's a butler holding a torch. The torch he is holding made me squint my eyes.

"Miss, it's dark now, you should go back to yo-ah! Miss Monica! Here! Young Miss is here!" He shouted as he noticed the girl on my back.

A bunch of people came including Mother Duchess, she was frowning when she came but the worry turned into surprise when she saw me with Monica on my back.

"Monica! Silver, what happened to her, is she alright? Why is she unconscious?" She asked as she held the sleeping child's face, still sleeping on my back. She motioned for a butler to get the child from my back. The girl felt her being pulled away and held my neck tighter, but she eventually loosened her hold.

"She's fine Mother, she just fell asleep, i saw her crying when i was walking around the area." I answered, making sure that she is comfortable, while giving her to the man. The man bowed to Mother and turn his back and brought the girl towards the direction of the main mansion.

"Thank goodness," she said as she pulled me for a hug.

"I see, how about you, are you hurt, are you tired?" Mother asked me these questions while holding both the sides of my face.

I smiled at her and answered, "no, Mother, i'm fine."

"I'm not the one who you should be concerned about, Mother. Monica... i saw her earlier with a hand print on her cheek and a busted lip. She said that her big brother hit her because he got annoyed by her." I said, not hiding anything.

Mother's brows furrowed and asked me seriously, "whose big brother is it?"

"Howard," i said.

I think i saw mother's vein on her forehead popped. She frowned as she sighed, trying to calm herself down. I can't help but to gulp as i see this side of her again. This is the side of her that even mother Tara gets frightened of.

"I need to do something my daughter, will you be fine?" She asked, now looking less angry.

I nodded my head as an answer. She kissed my forehead and go on her way without forgetting to order someone to escort me back.

I looked at mother's back as i feel a storm brewing somewhere, a very strong storm.

I got back to my room and just decided to sleep away all my thoughts.

The next day, i heard that the high and mighty young master Howard, is locked inside his room. He needs to copy five thick books as a punishment. I'm not really surprised that he got punished, but what i am surprised is when Monica, came into my mansion with a gift in hand. I thought it was a one time thing, but oh boy was i wrong.

It's been a week since i came into this Estate, but i've never met the other children at all. Only Monica who always visits me everyday is the only one i see. The one week that i've been with her, i came to know that she's a very kind girl. Whenever one of her servants make a mistake, she will just laugh it off and forgive them. I also learned that she's interested in music, an interest we both share. Whenever we are talking about music, her eyes would shine like a cat seeing tuna. She's a very cute kid, the big sister in me is kicking in whenever she's around.

"Sister Silver, how's your day?!" And speaking of, here she comes.

She's wearing a yellow dress today, and she looks cute in it. I'm taking back what i said that yellow dresses are horrendous, it's obviously not true.

I can't help but to smile at her, making her smile even bigger. "What are you doing here today? Do you need anything?"

"Not really, i'm just here to visit you and have tea with you." She said happily.

"I see, do you want to drink inside or outside." I asked her, as i held the top of her head.

"Inside!" She exclaimed, she pulled me down. "I want to drink inside, i want to see magic," she whispered. I only smiled at her cuteness, i held her hand and pulled her inside.

I am showing her a new magic i learned, a smaller version of fireworks but without the loud explosions. I was about to pull another trick when we heard a knock on the door.

"Miss, the clothes you ordered are here now." A maid shouted from the outside.

I looked at Monica to ask about her opinion, she only nod. "Let them in," i shouted back.

The door opened and the dress maker along with her other dress makers came in, now without the mannequin, but with boxes on hands.

"Good day Miss, the clothes you ordered are here." The dress maker said so happily. "The special order are also there," she added.

"May i see?"

"Of course, Miss," she said as she motioned for the workers to show the clothes.

Everything is of my preference, there are a bunch of formal and semi formal outfits, all are made with exquisite details. But when they brought out the ones i asked for, i was so happy i almost jumped the boxes just to see them all. Those clothes is what i'm familiar with, the clothes i am comfortable in. I smiled at them showing my satisfaction, i don't know how i could pay them though.

"How much is all of this worth?" I asked the dress maker that i still don't know the name of. "What's your name again, i don't recall you telling me?" I asked.

"My name is Janet, Miss. About the outfits, the Duchess already paid for them and about the special orders, i would like to talk to you about it." She said, looking serious.

As i've expected, a fashion enthusiast like her will see a potential in those simple clothes i drew.

Before they left, Janet told me that the clothes i drew are going to create a profit. She told me that she wish to become my business partner, the specialty of the business is the comfortable clothes. Not everything, but the ones that are acceptable with today's society.

I only thought about it for a bit but i decided to go for it. There's no harm in trying something new, so i agreed with her proposal.

"What do you think about those, Monica?" I asked the girl who is busy looking at the clothes i ordered, she's holding a piece of clothe and turning it around.

"I want to see you in them, sister, i'm sure you'll look good in them." She hugged the clothing she's holding and gave me a set of outfit.

"All right, i'll try them on, but first, i need to take a bath to not get them dirty." I took the outfit and made my way towards the bathroom. "Wait for me here, alright?" I added.

After taking a bath and drying myself with magus, i tied my hair up and wore the outfit i chose. It's a white, long sleeved shirt, with a black vest on top of it, for the upper wear. I was wearing a black fitted jeans, the fit is like an equestrian's pants, with a high cut shoes that almost reach my knees. If i were to be honest, i look good and this kind of clothes really suit me. But of course the design suited for a child.

I walked out of the bathroom and walked towards Monica who is sitting on a chair reading something. She's still young but as she is a child of a higher noble, she was tutored a lot earlier than ordinary children.

I tap her back making her flinch, when she turned towards me, her eyes widen as her jaw drop. "Wow, sister! You look handsome!" She exclaimed.

I laughed at her reaction as i sat on the bed, "do i?" I asked her with a smirk.

She sat down beside me and held my left hand. "You should always dress like this, sister. I'm sure a lot of noble young ladies will like you!" She said, now with her hands up gesturing big. Noble ladies, if only this kid knew.

"Hahahahaha, it's good to know that you think that way." I pinched her cheek because why not? She's so cute right now.

She puffed her cheeks while pouting because of it. I chuckled at her behavior and stood up from the bed.

"You want to go out sister?" She asked, standing up also. "Let's go," she held my hand and pulled me out of the room, without waiting for an answer.

When we go out of my room, i don't know what's happening but the staffs are looking at me weirdly. I didn't care about them as i believe in the saying that other people's opinion of me is none of my business.

"Sister, did you see that? Everyone is looking at you because you look good right now." She said as she looked back at me, smiling from ear to ear, looking very proud, for whatever reason. "I know! I will introduce you to my friends, so you'll have friends too. I don't always see you around and when i do, you are always alone reading books somewhere." She added. She shook my arms and squealed a little.

Pfft. She's such a cute child, i can't help but to pat her head. "You know what, why don't you just stay a child forever?" I teased.

"I don't want to be small forever, i want to grow up and become the best musician in the empire." She said with a big smile.

"It's good to know that you already have a goal in mind." I nodded, smiling at the thought of her dreams becoming a reality.

"What about you sister? What's your dream?" She asked as we now walking in the halls of her own mansion. We walked that far, but i didn't even notice.

"I will be a traveller, i will travel the world and know different kinds of things," i answered.

We are now in the garden at the back of her mansion.

She looked down on the ground and had a sad look on her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm just sad because i want to go with you too, i want to travel the world too. But i'm sure i can't." She said as tears well up in her eyes. I understand what she means, most noble daughters can't even get out of their houses, let alone her who's a daughter of none other than Douglas.

"Hmm, then if you can't travel with me, i'll just write all about my journey and let you read them so you'll know the things i got to see." I smiled at her and pat head.

What i said made her look up with a bright smile on her face. "Really?"

I only nod as an answer.

"Wow, i would like to read your books sister!" She said as she pulled me towards further inside the garden where a table is located with a bunch of young ladies sitting on the chairs surrounding it.

It's really easy to make her happy. I smiled with that thought.

We stopped just a couple of steps away from them and she greeted them.

"Good morning everyone, i would like you all to meet my big sister, Silver." Everyone looked our way when she announced our arrival.

The young ladies smiled her way and when their eyes landed on mine, their cheeks turned pink, making me confused. This kids needs more sunlight in them

"Hello young ladies, my name is Silver." I greeted as i smiled their way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98 10 12
What's wrong with me? That's the question I have been asking myself. Why did I stand out? My unnatural abilities. My crave to fire. That's why I stoo...
129K 3.1K 27
In my life it was always, "You're the older sister be more mature." or, "Your sister is sick, you have to take care of her!" When it was my graduati...
2.4K 114 17
I was the accountant in my father's gang, always getting caught up in his shady business. When the feud between his and another gang finally ended, m...
16.9K 1.2K 34
have you ever wondered whats the view beyond the lenses? although im singing my heart out to someone who could save me from myself, i find it rather...