𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐮𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐢𝐬...

By thattwatwaffle

When Ryder; a seventeen year old boy tries to retrieve the stolen jewel from the Barkingburg castle with his... More

P R O L O G U E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
A. N.
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
EVERYONE LISTEN UP
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N - P R I D E U P D A T E
I'm a bad writer lmao
S I X T E E N

F I F T E E N

76 1 0
By thattwatwaffle

"You might be wondering why you're here all of the sudden..." The young prince, Callum announced as he paced around the secret bunker. Fixing his robes. "My friend, Darius' coronation is coming up and I want to bring him down. He can't be crowned king before met yet! I have to be the first!" He exclaimed.

Callum really thought that crowning to be king is some sort of competition to him. Sure, winning everything is everything to a person with pride but, Harrold despised it. He's not getting anything from his and that angers him.

"I will distract everyone from Darius until you capture him for me. We want his precious little boyfriend to see it." Callum explained, fixing his tie. "I'm sure he'll follow us afterwards to come rescue him."

Harrold looked at the young prince with confusion in his face. "And what do I get in return after helping you?" The mayor asked as he crossed his arms.

Callum snickered. "A huge reward of course! The PAW Patrol will never bother you with you again!" He says, placing a smug look on his face.

"If the plan goes smoothly, of course~"

Harrold liked the idea. Those pesky little pups and their leader not sabotaging all of his plans sounds excellent.

"Alright. I'm in." Harrold announced as he reached out his hand for a shake. Callum smiled evily.

"Excellent. Let us evaluate the plan."

×

Darius was in his bedroom, pacing nervously as the servant who is trying desperately to put on his robes, runs along with the young duke, getting quite frustrated.

"Your Highness, as much as I want you to roam around your room worrying, I must pin your brooch on your chest!" The maid said.

Darius stopped. "I'm really sorry. It's just that... My friend promised that he's coming to my coronation and a lot of things are swarming in my head." He explained. "I'm sure Ryder will arrive soon. The way to Flappington is not easy but, the Air Patroller should manage."

Darius doesn't buy it. The winds gets  stronger at this time of year. It gets difficult for airships to fly pass the atmospheric boarders of their kingdom. And that made the young duke worry even more.

"I-I guess... I really hope they'll be okay getting pass the boarders..." Darius spoke softly while waiting for the maid to finish placing all of the garments for his attire.

×

"We're almost at the Flappington castle, pups!" Ryder announced as he watched the radar on the screen, making the pups howl in excitement. "I can't believe Darius invited us for his coronation!" Rubble piped up. "Of course we're invited! Ryder is the duke's boyfriend after all!" Skye added, making the younger boy blush brightly just by someone mentioning his lover's name.

The pups noticed their owner's reddening cheeks, making them chuckle.

"Looks like he's daydreaming about how handsome Darius would look like in his fancy clothes!" Skye teased and they all laughed, including Ryder. He finds it quite humourous.

Once the Air Patroller had ladded on the docks, everyone's eyes were averted on them, specifically on Ryder. The younger boy looks like a rich aristocratic prince at first glance.

The male pups all wear bowties and suits while Skye was wearing a pink and blue mixed dress. She thought it would be nice to represent other colors too other than the stereotypical one.

The boy was a sight to see for the commoners of the kingdom, making him slightly chuckle. He didn't overdress for the occasion, did he?

He was wearing a flashy black suit with poofy sleeves and frills on one end of the sleeves, completely laced with golden trimmings and decor.

He then wears a dark sea blue jacket that only covers the half of his suit, with a somewhat cape flowing behind him; also littered with golden trimmings and decor.

He wears a pair of white poofy shorts, white ankle boots and thights to match his whole aesthetic.

He dusted himself off and leads his pups to a carriage that will take them to the castle. They all got on the vehicle, sitting on the seats the vehicle provided.

Once they all got in the castle, Darius happily walked out of the building with a big smile on his face. "I can't believe you all made it to this splendid occasion!" He announced to his just arrived guests. Ryder got out of the carriage after the pups, Darius' eyes were darted towards him; seem to be awestruck, frozen in place because of how beautiful his lover is.

He is quite an eye-catching view, it almost took his breath away.

Darius cleared his throat and he flashed a smile at his dear lover and his pups. "I'm really glad you came, my dear~" he greeted, gently kissing the younger boy's hand. Leaving Ryder a blushing mess.

Darius chuckled. "You're too cute~"

"And how are you guys? Hope the trip isn't too far~" the young duke kneeled down and pet every single one of them; making the pups bark and pant in excitement. "It was so wowth the wait!" Zuma happy barked. Darius chuckled. "I'm really glad. Come on, let's head on inside. The coronation is about to start."

They all went inside the palace, entering the building with excitement. What they don't know is their joy will be demolished once the coronation starts.

Callum watched them from a tower afar from the entrance and he frowns. "Ugh. They're here. This better work..." He muttered. "I want to dethrone him out of being king. I need to be the king first..." He muttered under his breath and Harrold nodded his head and began their plan in action.

×

Before the ceremony could start, Ryder and Darius went towards the palace gardens, just beside the castle walls. They left the pups with Darius' sister to accompany them around the palace. They walked the stoned path, chilly air flowing through them. It was peaceful.

The older boy looked at his lover lovingly as he admired the great work the gardener's done with the place. Ryder can tell it was well maintained and kept clean. Darius let out his hand, making Ryder look at him with confusion. He chuckled.

"What is this up about?"

"Would you like to have a dance with me, my love~?"

That sentence took Ryder aback. That was so sudden, and he liked it. He blushed deeply and he giggled. "You really don't have to do that~ of course I would love to have a dance with you, my sweetheart~" he replied happily.

Darius smiled. He placed one hand on Ryder's waist and the other holding the youger boy's hand. They both danced in the moonlight together, the soft faint music from the ballroom making it more romantic.

Ryder stumbled at his steps and he giggled. "I'm really sorry... I don't know how to dance..." He apologized. The older boy shook his head. "That's okay. It's alright to take it slow." He added. They continued dancing until they were tired and out of breath.

They both sat down on a bench, admiring the stars that shine brightly up in the sky. The atmosphere getting chilly by the minute but, they don't mind. Darius pulled out something from behind his back and he looks at the younger boy.

"Hey... I know this is a little bit rushed but I want to give this to you, as a promise..." He uttered. Ryder turned his head to look at the older boy and gasped at what he saw.

It was a small crimson box with a silver ring in it. Small emeral leaves engraved on the material. It was shining brightly under the moonlight and the younger boy had small tears in his eyes.

"This is not a proposal ring. We'll get onto that soon. So to keep my word, take this ring, please~?"

Ryder smiled happily and he nods his head. Darius placed the ring on his finger carefully. Once it was done, the younger boy admired the ring with full passion in his eyes. "It's perfect... Thank you~" he smiles. Ryder gave Darius a small kiss and he blushed brightly when looking away.

Darius was frozen for a moment then he giggled. "Alright. Let's get inside, it's getting cold and the ceremony is about to start..."

×

Ryder and the pups were having a wonderful time at the celebration so far. Darius had to leave them sadly due to his father telling him to go get ready for the ceremony. Of course, the younger boy didn't mind it at all. It was a very important matter after all. He don't want to cause trouble for his lover.

"Awe you excited, Wyder? Dawius is going to be cwowned king!" Zuma yips happily as he runs around his owner. The younger boy laughed. "Of course he is." Chase replied. "But, we must not put our guard down... I can feel something is going to happen..." The German Shepherd added as he looks around the ballroom.

"I know you're looking out for us, Chase but, let loose for just a little bit. It's a celebration after all..." Marshall softly told the German Shepherd as he nuzzled him gently. The touch made the tough looking German Shepherd soften his eyes.

He really can't stay mad at Marshall...

"Alright... I'll loosen up... But, remain vigilant..." Chase replied. Marshall nods his head, meaning that he understood his partner's wishes. Ryder smiles. He fixed his attire to look presentable for the people around then and he heard the trumpets play loudly to alert the guests.

"Everyone, please gather around for the upcoming heir to the throne, the young duke; Arnold Darius Vladimir the Third!" The host announced with pure joy as the crowd clapped their hands for the young duke and the royal family. Ryder smiled as the pups barked in happiness for their human friend.

But, what everyone didn't know, the mayor dressed in purple and a young prince were planning to overthrow the new heir.

"You got the plan in your head right?" Callum whispered to the old man and Harold rolled his eyes. "Yes. Yes. I got it under control." He whispered back and they put their plan into action.

The priest brought a septer and a goblet then let the young duke hold them with each of his hands. They both faced the audience to prepare the ceremony.

"From this day forth, we can now accept our new ruler and leader of this fine land..."

"Ready?"

"Let the Eagles and the Sun guide you on your journey..."

"3..."

"As the waves and the cliffs collided with pride and joy~"

"2..."

"I hereby now dubbed thee.."

"1..."

"King Arnold Darius Vladimir the Third of Flappington!"

"Now!"

All of the lights had went out and a big cloud of smoke has been set off in the ballroom and everyone started coughing. The German Shepherd had his senses kicked in and he took out his heat vision goggles to see anyone from the ballroom at who would've done it.

He spotted someone... A man, holding the young king hostage, with a... Young boy along with him? Chase wondered and he followed the guy. Ryder noticed that Chase wasn't with them and he followed the German Shepherd quickly.

All of them followed Chase and all of gasped when they saw who was the culprit behind all of this.

Darius was struggling to breathe under the influence of Mayor Humdinger's hand in his mouth and nose. Harold groans in annoyance. "Stop squirming, boy!" He yelled and got on the railing of the balcony.

"Mayor! Stop!" Ryder yelled, making Harold turn his head towards them.

Darius got Harold's hand away from his lips and he gasped. "Ryder! Help!" He cried out. "Try stepping any further, brat. Or your petty boyfriend gets it..." He threatened as he holds Darius from the neck and let him dangle from the balcony.

Ryder had to think fast, trying his best not to escalate the situation any further. Before he could think anything, a group of royal guards rushed towards them, charging at the mayor. Harold had no choice but to jump down the balcony, dropping at a flying chopper brought by the young prince; Callum.

The prince cackled loudly. "The game is afoot, Ryder! Try defeating me or your precious Darius gets executed!" He laughed. The young king had his eyes wide as a dinner plate after hearing that. "Ryder! Please!" Darius cried out as the chopper flew away from the castle; Mayor Humdinger and Callum laughing evily.

Ryder was frustrated, disappointed in himself that he didn't save the king in time. He looks at the pups with stern eyes. "Pups, get on your jets and follow me. We're going to save his majesty." He announced and they all nod their head in command.

Ryder got on the balcony railings and jumped off the tall building. Before he could fall, his formal attire activated and turned into an aviator suit. He made this new contraption in case of emergencies, and it worked perfectly. 

Ryder soared through the air as the pups with their jets followed behind him. Ryder looked at the ring his lover gave him, feeling more determined than ever. They're going to save the newly crowned king, even if it they have to take risks.

That's a promise.

AAAAAAAA IM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED THIS BOOK IN LIKE,,, A MONTH IM SUPER BUSY WITH STUFF HOPE THIS CHAPTER MAKES UP FOR IT :) my modules are coming in as well so updates might be a bit slower than usual. I'm really glad some of you are enjoying this book. I actually thought no one would take interest in this bcus these two characters never even interacted with each other (besides being on the opposite sides y'know???) But I'm really glad y'all are enjoying it so far :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 56 12
Truths, clumsiness, and a Risk that's worth taking... One certain pup feels this way. Feeling clumsiness and make things even worse for the dally. A...
23K 503 17
A mid-age german shepherd named chase, worked at a police station for about 10 years after he and his friends decided since they were old to work for...
28.9K 861 28
"𝘒𝘪𝘥𝘴, 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥, 𝘠/𝘕!!" " 𝘏𝘐 𝘠/𝘕!!" ╰┈➤ ✧.*𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Y/n comes back to the old Playtime Co. to find her...
123K 3.4K 33
Nathan's life: school, work, secrets, and survival. Ryder's life: soccer, friends, awesomeness, and his mom's annoying attempts to set him up. Nathan...