Abandoned At Birth

By KittyKat_1605

Catalia Del Campo is a 16 year old from Spain. She lives with her adopted Grandmother. Her Grandmother found... More

Characters ( Catalia and her adopted family)
Chapter 1
Nana Rosie's House ( Exterior and Interior)
Chapter 2
Rossi Family Characters
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Interior and Exterior of Mansion
Chapter 10
List of cousins:
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author's Note:
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
CHAPTER 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
A/N's Note: (not an update)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
New Characters
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 45

3.5K 113 5
By KittyKat_1605

CATALIA'S POV:
We went back to where they all were, some looked shocked and others confused as to why I was with father but decided to avoid questions. The only one different was Nana, I only saw understanding when she looked at me and thankfulness to father.

"What are we gonna do now?" mom asked as me and father sat down.

"Lia?" Savier called me as I looked at him. "I know this isn't the right time to say this but both the french and italian mafia are in trouble." he said which made my eyebrows scrunch.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Without both Dons the Mafia can't opperate. We need a temporary leader to lead us while the Dons are kidnapped." he said slowly.

"What are you implying?" I asked again resting my chin on my palm.

"As the direct relative of Blake you have to temporary fill in his position while he is still gone." He continued that only further confused me.

"But shouldn't there be a ceremony to happen as the passing down of the title is very important in a mafia community?" I asked.

"As per tradition, if something happens to the current Don like died, get kidnapped or such if there isn't a proper ceremony made it will temporarily passed down to the direct descendant, if none or if the descendant is too young then it will be passed on the sibling. Since none of your brothers are here, you will automatically be the temporary Donna of the Italian Mafia." Savier explained as I looked at Grandpa and Uncles to confirm and they nodded.

"Why can't grandpa or one of the uncles do it? Why can't you do it?" I asked pointing at them with an open palm.

"Your Uncle Dan will take over the French Mafia temporarily as between all four of us, he was the one that never led any of the two family mafia. As why we can't, we have already ruled the mafia once in our life and it has already passed on to a different generation, a don can only rule a mafia once in their life. That is a strict rule, it doesn't matter how long, you only have one chance to become a don and that's it, once your reign is done, it's done." Grandpa explained this time

I looked down as problems, priorities and responsibilities were piling up on my plate that I am not ready for.

"I'm not ready for this, it's all too much." I mumbled my head falling on my hands.

"We don't have to do it all at once Lia, we can take it one step at a time." Uncle Franco said.

"That's the point, we don't have time. As time ticks our family is in more danger. As time ticks our family gets more and more tortured and we don't even know where to start at this point! We don't have any clues or... Or evidences or anything! Nothing!" I said bursting out, I stood up and started walking back and forth while tapping my lip with my fingers repeatedly.

"Lia? Lia! Calm down, just sit down and let's talk." Uncle Nick said.

"How can I calm down?! Our family was kidnapped with no evidence as where they are, they were and are still most likely being completely and brutally tortured, both Vespine and Virago are in the ICU, I was given the task to lead a whole mafia without any knowledge on how to, and to top it all off I just found out that I was a hired killer/assassin that killed hundreds of people in my past that I just recently remember a few minutes ago!" I burst out still walking back and forth, stress visible in my voice. The people there were shocked at what they heard, especially the last one.

I sighed and sat down on the bench looking down ashamed. "I'm sorry, it's all just too much and I needed to let it all out. I knew I was going to burst anytime soon, I've been holding it back too long that I couldn't help but burst it out!" I ranted still looking down afraid that they will get angry with my out burst.

"You were a what?" Papa asked in shock.

"A killer, by the name Satan's daughter." I said embarrassed. 

"You were satan's daughter?!" Sergeant Aquino asked in shock. "You were the one that helped us decrease the criminal rate of our country?! As well as some parts of the world?" he asked in surprise.

Father told me that in the past I would usually take jobs that involved killing high profile criminals and mob bosses that the police and legal officials can't handle. Once they know that they can't, they pass it on to me and I'll handle it. All legal departments know about me so I took mostly jobs that they couldn't handle and took care of it for them.

"My daughter is the masked daughter of satan that the world was terrified of?" Mama asked in shock with her mouth still hanging open.

"Uhh.. Nana? Why don't you seem shocked about Lia's news?" Liza asked. We all looked at her who smiled before looking at me.

"Because your Dada told me about it before he passed away. He told me to keep it a secret as his last wish, and I did." she explained.

So that explains why Nana was so over protective of me when going out, she was afraid that someone might attack mr while I'm out because of my reputation.

"Wait you said you just remembered a few minutes ago, what do you mean by that bambina?" Uncle Dan asked. I sighed and gave them a brief explanation of what happened in my past so that they can better understand.

"So is that why you were so good in fighting in the first place?" Tae asked. I almost forgot that him and his brothers were also here with us.

"I guess so, maybe my body remembered what it was like to fight and it was like going through a deja vu." I answered as something clicked inside my head.

"What are you both even doing here?" I asked Mr. Chang Wook and Mr. Min Ho. "Why are you in your enemies territory willingly?" I asked narrowing my eyes at them.

"First of all our brother is here and we will not leave him anytime soon. Second we might be able to help you in finding your family." Mr. Chang Wook said looking down on the floor.

"In what price?" I asked.

"No price, think of it as a thank you gift to your mafia that protected our brother willingly even though he was connected to their enemy." Mr. Min Ho said patting Tae's head.

"How can we be sure?" Grandpa asked.

"Because Wright traitored us as well, we made a deal that both of us broke that led to the situation a while ago." Chang Wook said his jaw locking and unlocking in anger and regret.

I can't take any chances, we have limited moves. But they were also part of Wright's inner circle, they could give us information that anyone couldn't. I looked at Grandpa and Uncles, they were also apprehensive of their proposal.

"So what do you guys say?" Tae asked looking at all of us.

I looked at Grandpa, Uncles and father for help but they only had one thing in their eyes... It's my choice to make.

I considered the pros and cons of the proposal, if I agree then that means I am also agreeing to be the temporary Donna of the mafia, and if I don't that that will make our family look weak and that is what our rivals want to see. Our family in a weakened state because of the loss of the strongest pillars of the family.

I promised myself that I will be stronger... That I will fight for my family to get back to us even if I have to die to do it.

"I agree, but that doesn't mean that neither I nor my family trusts you, I'm sorry Tae but that includes you as well." I said and looked at him. He smiled and nodded understandingly.

"Now, how can you help us find our family?" I asked in a business tone.

"We know several spots that Wright can take them, he has hiding spots all around the world that we have been to because of partnership. But he has more hiding spots in country that are under him, more specifically Asia aside from China as they are your ally." Min Ho said as we all listened.

"If only we had intel that could give us a hint on which continent or country Wright and his men have been going to most frequently then it would be easier to cross out other countries and we have a more specific place to search and work on." Chang Wook said.

"Let's not start with those, what if we start with the people that work for Wright?" I suggested that made them confused.

"How? I got word that Wright and his men have fled the country and are nowhere to be tracked." Mr. Armani asked as Luce nodded.

"He came here with a few people, who was he seen arriving here with that he wasn't found leaving with?" I asked them with a slight smirk.

"Lara." Luce said in realization. I nodded as everyome's eyes widened as well.

"How come we forgot about her?" mom exclaimed.

"She's the prime suspect for the happenings in the mall and to mom right?" I asked Sergeant Aquino whom nodded.

"She is, we couldn't find anyone else who had a motive aside from her. She is currently being man-hunted down by my men." he said.

"Man hunt?" father said and smirked. "Well there is no one better in doing that than my daughter. Just give her the information and the last seen location of that witch and leave it in her capable hands." father said smugly which caused me to slap his arm hardly. "OUCH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" He asked looking at me.

"You are the king of the underworld yet a simple slap on the arm pains you?" I asked back incredulously.

"I'm human too you know! I also have a semse of touch and a sense of pain you little midget." he reasoned back as he was about to hit me back.

"PAPA!"
"VON!!!"
"OH COME ON!!! I NEVER GET MY REVENGE ON THIS SO CALLED DAUGHTER OF MINE!!!"

We snickered, the mood seemed to lighten a little. I looked at Sergent Aquino. "Send the documents that you currently have regarding my egg donor, I'll handle the rest." I said. He nodded and stood up.

"I'll have that processed right away. I might be able to give it to you by tomorrow afternoon." he said before all three of them saluted and left.

"Why don't we all go back to the mansion and have some rest, we are going to need it as by tomorrow we won't be getting too much of it." Uncle Nico said and stood up.

"But who's going to stand watch of the twins?"

"Me and your mama will tesoro. Don't worry, go get some rest with everyone else." papa said comfortingly so I just nodded.

"I will call up some bodyguards to keep guard with you as well. We can't take anymore chances." Father said so we all nodded and left them both. I first went to mom's old room to get the box that father gave me and went with them outside.

"What's that?" Luce asked.

"From father, it was what I used to use in the past." I said as he opened his car door for me. My car was damagrd from the explosion that happpened in the building thankfully Luce's wasn't as it was parked in a distance from the building.

We started driving back to the house that we haven't been in in the past few days because of what was happening. I looked down on my phone on guilt seeing all of the notifications from our friends in Italy.

"Have you talked to them?" Luce asked.

"I haven't, and I feel guilty for it. Have you?" I asked back.

"To Angelica, told her a brief summary of what happened at the mall. But I haven't told them what happened to you and your family." he answered as we came to a stop at the stoplight.

"I don't want them to worry about it. But I know they still are and will as they are our friends." I said looking outside watching snow falling down from the sky.

"You know we have to tell them sooner or later, they will find out about it eventually. Especially Riccardo, Javier and Aquinas as they work for both our mafias." he said waiting for the red light to turn green.

"I completely forgot about those three being part of it actually, they don't look like they are the types of people to fit in it." I said slightly smiling as Luce let out a breathy laugh and started driving as the lights switched to green.

"When do you plan on telling them? They could be a great help." Luce said.

"Let's not involve others in our problems Luce, they don't deserve it. Riccardo, Javier and Aquinas are already part of it as they are mafias but the others aren't. Problems in the mafia world stays in the mafia world." I said determined.

I will not let another of my loved ones get hurt because of a power hungry fool.

"We have to atleast infrom them Lia. They are worried for both of us, mostly you as you aren't answering any of their calls or messages from anyone, not even from Rebecka. The most that we can do for them is infrom them so that their worries would hopefully lessen." Luce explained calmly. I closed my eyes and leaned my head om the headrest.

"I don't know Luce, the more they know, the more likely they could be prone to danger." I said.

"And the less they know, the more desperate they would be and do anything just to hear from you again." He said back as we parked at the front of the house the rest already there inside with lights on. "Just ring them up and answer all of their questions and accept their worries, they're our friends Lia, they are the second people that can understand you better than yourself aside from your family." he said as he stopped the car but still engine on.

I thought about it and knew that he was right. We do owe them an explanation, I owe them an explanation. I took out my phone and unlocked it. Hundreds of notifications popped up but I just went to our gc and tapped the video call button.

No turning back now

One by one they all answered the videocall and af first it was silent they were all looking at me angrily as I just pursed my lips in awkwardness.

"Do you know how fucking worried we were for you young lady?" Namjoom said through the phone after a few minutes of awkward and embarassed silence.

"No texts, no calls, you weren't answering anyone's messages and calls. We almost had a heart attack if we haven't known from Lica and Luciano were communicating and he assured that you were ok." Angelico said as he crossed his arms and leaned back to his chair. 

"Which is clear that as of know you aren't based on your face and aura. What happened Lia?" Mayumi asked.

I sighed at first before speaking. "Look first of all, I'm sorry for not answering any of your calls or messages alot has been going on here since we arrived. Mom got confined to the ICU because of being brutally beaten inside the restroom of a mall which thankfully she has woken up from and is currently fine, a bloody message a few hours later was found there that was suspected to be the doing of Lara who is the prime suspect, all of my brothers, Dad, Grandma and aunties have been kidnapped by the British Mafia, Vespine and Virago are both in the ICU just like what happened to mom, seeing the current condition of my family in the hands of the enemy, temporarily taking over the italian mafia and finding out that I was a brutal murderer in my forgotten past that I found out about a few hours ago, that I wished never happened." I said trying to stop the tears from running down my eyes.

Now that I have managed to list down some of my problems I only now realised how much pressure was laid on my shoulder. I laid my head on the dashboard as Luce put my phone beside me.

"WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE A NORMAL FUCKING LIFE?!" I said loudly as if it would help ease the pain inside me. I wanted to punch something so bad but I refrained as I need to control myself.

"Lia, there is no such thing as a normal life." Bethany said. "All of us have uniquely different lives that we live everyday. There is no problem with having a different life from others because that is God's way to test you. He gives you different challenges that he is sure you will be able to conquer in time, he won't give a challenge that he knows you won't be able to finish. He always has a reason." she continued.

"Then what's his reason for this? To see me and my remaining family suffer?" I said emotionlessly slumping back on the seat.

"No, maybe that's his way to test your strength, patience and mind. Strength because he wants to see how strong you can still be, patience because he wants to know how long you can wait for your family without loosing hope, and mind because he wants to know if you can think of ways or plans on how you can save your family." Yoongi said as the rest nodded. I sighed to calm myself down as I was getting out of control.

Calm down Lia, they're right. God won't give you a challenge that he knows you can't finish.

I nodded at them thankfully and smiled. I looked at Reka to see her already watching me from the screen, she has been silent for the whole conversation.

"I'm flying over there first thing tomorrow and don't even dare stop me as I won't listen to your declines. We have a lot to talk about Lia." she said seriously before leaving the videocall.

I sighed as I expected she would be mad at me. With my decisions on ignoring them, who wouldn't?

"Don't worry about her Lia, she was just worried sick for you. She'll come around tomorrow once she sees you again." Ckela said comfortingly to which I just nodded to.

"Let's just continue the talk tomorrow for sure you both are very tired." Javier said as everyone nodded and said goodnight to one another before I ended the call.

"Come on, let's go inside. You need to get some rest as you will deal with Rebecka and you have a man hunt to do." Luce said turning off the engine and we stepped outside to the house.

"Where ever Lara hides... I am sure to hunt her down... No matter what." I said as we stepped inside the house.

~~~~~
Second update for this week!!! I was inspired so here you guys go!!!

How was it?

Oh and before I forget, please read my new book "My New Russian Step Family" the characters and first chapter is published and I hope you guys support it like this book.

Here is the link for those who would want to take a read to it: https://www.wattpad.com/story/316262867?utm_source=android&utm_medium=link&utm_content=story_info&wp_page=story_details_button&wp_uname=KittyKat_1605&wp_originator=XKNNXyJV%2B%2BwKQ33Ux0ky6e%2FzPK44uzU5ZZ%2FiBWPJ1orjQ2WPxWcT1iDKkJrP4kPTYrp%2BQr0MyG0yQFAuEm5gNu87mK7bOqMTkfnTeWqXjgBPUYnYiRZIQXOlACQ9xDxH

The scheduled weekly update for that book is every friday at random times.

Back to this book, did you guys like it? Lia has stepped up to take the Donna position temporarily what do you guys think about that?

Till the next chapter, If you guys have any suggestions for the upcoming chapters, comment it or message me the suggestion.

Feel free to vote and leave a comment if you want. And if you could, please share this story to others.

See you guys in Chapter 46!
Stay safe, stay happy and stay healthy!
Love you guys!!!

-kittykat_1605
<3

~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 24.5K 46
Sometimes you don't get the privilege of making choices. It is either: walk through the fire and get out with a few burns or be flung into it and ge...
104K 5.3K 40
Amaira Romano , the princess of ITALY. A cute little inoccent girl who can make anyone heart flutter at her cuteness. Everything was going smoothly...
325K 6.9K 52
She's an innocent girl who lived with her alcoholic abusive father. Her life was barley manageable, especially when she was separated from her biolog...