Out Of My League

By lonescenes

Y/n is somewhat a regular 17 year-old. She goes to sixth form, and hates it like every other teenager, comes... More

- one -
- two -
- three -
- four -
- five -
- six -
- seven -
- eight -
- nine -
- ten -
- eleven -
- twelve -
- thirteen -
- fourteen -
- fifteen -
- sixteen -
- seventeen -
- eighteen -
- nineteen -
- twenty one -
- twenty two -
- twenty three -
- twenty four -
- twenty five -
- twenty six -
- twenty seven -
- twenty eight -
- twenty nine -
- thirty -
- thirty one -
- thirty two -
- thirty three -
- thirty four -
- thirty five -
- thirty six -
- thirty seven -
- thirty eight -
- thirty nine -
- forty -
- forty one -
- forty two -
- forty three -
- forty four -
- forty five -
- forty six-
- forty seven -

- twenty -

3.2K 77 27
By lonescenes

We were a good 5 hours into the flight, so just about halfway. I'd spent the majority of that time looking at everything. The personal mini fridge thingy, the tv, the free amenities. The cabin lights had dimmed and everyone was asleep, Billie included, resting her head on my shoulder. She had been asleep for about the past 40 minutes.

I, on the other hand, was sat on my phone, the brightness turned down so as not to bother her. I was scrolling through my camera roll whilst my Spotify playlist was quietly in the background. 

I've never really had a lot of photos or videos. I'm currently sitting on just 46 photos and 11 videos. Amazing, I know. I'm a real collector.

I scrolled through for a little while, reminiscing all of the memories, before I reached one of me at Billie's concert. It was taken outside the O2, just before the concert, just before my life changed.

I had absolutely no idea about what was going to happen. I was completely clueless. If you would've told me I would've had the week I just have, I would've probably smacked you in the face.

I just stared at it for a little while whilst music played through my AirPods. I could feel Billie's chest rising and falling as she softly breathed, peacefully asleep.

How have I even got to this point? A week ago I was a nobody. A week ago my life was nothing. And now? Now I have the love of my life resting on my shoulder and I'm flying to the other side of the world with her. Have I taken things too quickly? How does she know she even loves me? It's been a week.

Maybe I've jumped the gun. 

My breathing quickened and my heart began to beat more rapidly as I considered the current situation. My eyes began to well up.

I've said it a million times to myself and for some reason I haven't listened. She's out of my league, ENTIRELY. Yet here I am, on a plane to America. This is all going to go wrong. This was a mistake. A huge mistake.

Suddenly, my AirPod was gently taken out of my ear and Billie wrapped her arms around mine.

"What's wrong love?" she asked, visibly confused.

"Shit, I didn't mean to wake you." I exclaimed, trying to stop the tears from streaming down my face.

"What's wrong?" she asked again, giving me an encouraging squeeze and taking my phone from my hand, admiring the photo.

"Thinking about this?" she said, smiling.

"Do you think we've moved too fast?" I brusquely questioned, my voice shaken, a single tear falling down my cheek.

Billie pulled back and placed my phone down, gazing at me in the dimly lit cabin. 

I stared back. God, say something please Bil. Anything. Even if you say you don't want this anymore.

She lent back in and cupped my face with her hand, tenderly wiping my tear away with her thumb. 

"I don't care that we've only known each other a week." she began. "Sure, it's short as fuck but it's been the best week of my life."

Really?

"It wouldn't make a difference whether I've known you a week or a year. I've never felt like this. I've never felt so happy with someone." she continued, staring into my eyes. "I love you Y/n."

I'll admit, it's hard to believe that in the space of a week she's caught feelings for me. In my case, I've had a crush on her for years and during those years, she had no idea I existed.

"But we know nothing about each other." I say in denial.

"Do you think I give everyone I meet my phone number?" she asked, still cupping my face.

Well no, but...

"No, I don't. And I wouldn't have given it to you if I didn't think you were special. Do you think I ask anyone to fly 11 hours home with me?"

I didn't say anything but just looked at her.

"No, I don't."

I lent my head into her hand as she kissed my forehead. Tears continued to stream down my face but now they were tears of relief, tears of joy.

"I love you Bil." I whispered, a quiver still in my voice.

"It's alright baby." she sweetly whispered, holding me as I cried, twiddling strands of my hair.

"You're cute as fuuuuuuuuuuuuck in that photo." she mumbled, taking one hand and placing my remaining AirPod in her ear, opening Spotify on my phone.

The opening of 'Till Forever Falls Apart' by Finneas and Ashe began to play as this time I nuzzled into Billie's shoulder and she lovingly wrapped her arm around my shoulders and began to angelically hum along.

It's sweet she's playing her brother. And the song choice made me feel even more loved. It's funny that music is sort of a love language for us now. I love it. I love her.

I've never felt so safe. I've never been in a relationship. I've never been so in love.

I've never felt like this.

Out on our own

Dreaming in a world that we both know

Is out of our control

But if shit hits the fan we're not alone

'Cause you've got me and you know

That I've got you and I know

If the tide takes California

I'm so glad I got to hold ya

And if the sky falls from heaven above

Oh, I know I've had the best time falling into love

We've been living on a fault line

And for a while, you were all mine

I've spent a lifetime giving you my heart

I swear that I'll be yours forever

'Till forever falls apart

So this is it, that's how it ends

I guess there's nothing more romantic than dying with your friends

And I'm not sorry for myself

I wouldn't want to spend a minute loving anybody else

'Cause you've got me and you know

That I've got you and I know

If the tide takes California

I'm so glad I got to hold ya

And if the sky falls from heaven above

Oh, I know I've had the best time falling into love

We've been living on a fault line

And for a while, you were all mine

I've spent a lifetime giving you my heart

I swear that I'll be yours forever

'Till forever falls apart

We never had it from the start

'Till death do us part

If the tide takes California

I'm so glad I got to know ya

And if the sky falls from heaven above

Oh, I know I had the best time falling into love

We've been living on a fault line

And for a while, you were all mine

I've spent a lifetime giving you my heart

I swear that I'll be yours forever

'Till forever falls apart

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 3.6K 23
[Old ver] The day of Billie Eilish's concert was the day Maddie had found out that her girlfriend had been cheating on her again with another girl. S...
174K 5.9K 42
it's her. it has and always will be her. ============================== lowercase intended ============================== started: 9/1/2021 ended: 10...
90.6K 2.3K 47
Charlie returns to the neighborhood of her childhood and meets a girl who will change her world. Can she change Billie Eilish's world? 𝑨 𝒏𝒐𝒏-𝒕�...
6.8K 216 8
Billie Eilish x Reader (AU) This is a shooorrtttttt story. Only a handful of chapters because i don't want it to be that long. summary: The reader...