Sienna - Kurulus Osman

By cookiemun

------ι ℓσѕт єνєяутнιηg вє¢αυѕє σƒ уσυ------ She lost everyone she loved. From watching her precious father's... More

Notes
Sienna - Character
Character Aesthetics
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21

19

414 11 15
By cookiemun

Couldn't get enough of those two 🥺❤

Meanwhile, Goktug and Boran roamed around the Sogut market, finding only a few jugs of gunpowder.

"Why did you give her the Halva?" Boran asked, breaking the silence. He and Osman both were curious about their fellow Alp's unusually compassionate actions, and Boran could not hold down the thought any longer – as well as give up a precious moment to tease his buddy.

Goktug glanced at him, then shrugged. "She might have turned against us if we ignored the argument."

Knowing Goktug and his emotionally driven decisions, Boran did not believe a word of his but nodded along, pretending to agree. "And why was she staring at the sweet for so long? She didn't even eat it."

Goktug remembered the way she looked at him. It was as if she had never been offered something before. It was as if she had not been treated like a human for so long. He understood this feeling as he, too, had once experienced it. In the days he was known as a fierce and heartless Mongol commander, Goktug plead he was good after he was reminded of himself, but no one believed him. No one except his brother. He was treated as the animal he used to be—captured, beaten, insulted. Only his brother showed him kindness and humanity during those tough times. He could at least do the same sensible thing to Sienna, regardless of the enemy she was.

Before he could answer—though he wasn't planning to, knowing this was another of Boran's attempts at mockery—, Goktug glimpsed red behind the rug stalls across from them through the crowd. I knew she should have worn something blander, he thought bitterly.

"I'll be right back, Kardes," Goktug murmured before heading after Sienna. He couldn't see Osman nearby and feared she was up to something.

"Where are you going?" Boran called out, his eyes sweeping across the rug merchants to see why Goktug was in such a rush.

"Keep looking, Boran. I just need to check something," Goktug assured.

Surprised yet relieved he was given a response, Boran shrugged and continued his search.

Sienna observed. She watched the Sogut Inn carefully, as if she would trigger a mouse trap if she moved even an inch. Sienna could not mess up Nikola's plan this time. She waited until Bamsi Bey, the Alps, and Osman Bey were out of sight around her before starting for the Inn.

Just as she moved away from a crippling abandoned stall in an unlikely alleyway, a quick tap on her shoulder caused her to jump. Her reflexes taking over, she pulled out one of her daggers and forced it against the throat of the offender, pushing him to the wall-

When she realized it was Goktug Alp.

"Shh," he calmed, splaying his hands out in surrender. "It's me."

Sienna's breathing slowed down, and however much opening a cut right there on his throat would have pleased her, she put down the dagger. Then, she smacked his chest. "Do not sneak up on me like that," she warned through gritted teeth. The last time someone tapped her shoulder like this, it did not end well.

For the stranger, of course.

"Sorry," Goktug muttered, then immediately took it back as he registered the weapon gripped in her left hand. His brow raised. "I thought we took all your weapons."

Sienna forced a calm look. "You sure did take them," she mumbled with an edge, remembering her single stolen dagger.

He held his hand out in expectance, and Sienna could see his jaw clench in disapproval; she almost laughed at the gesture, then faked a hurt expression. "And after everything, you still don't trust me?"

Goktug sighed through his nose. "You almost killed me!"

"You snuck up on me!" the commander in disguise shot back.

"Just-" Goktug reached for her dagger before she pulled it towards her. "Hand it over. We let you walk around without ropes. That was enough. Give it."

Sienna grunted before shoving it toward him, crossing her arms to seem as if she were defeated—though really, she was covering up three of her smaller weapons.

Goktug's victorious look quickly diminished when he noticed how easily he obtained the weapon. He sighed, then extended his hand again, and it was Sienna's turn to raise her brow.

"What now?"

"All of them."

Their icy eyes bore into each other before Sienna suddenly looked away from his soul-piercing glare.

She felt he was seeing straight through her with his sparkling eyes. She noticed his hair was out of its regular braid, tied into a bushy half up-half down and nearly smiled; this hairdo did not look bad on him. Before he could impact her any other way, she pulled out the knives in her sleeve and belt, shoving them into his open arms.

Goktug watched with shock, unable to comprehend how they did not discover the pile of weapons she kept earlier. He cleared his throat when she crossed her arms and stared at him expectantly. "You sure there's nothing left?"

Sienna smirked. "None that I remember keeping." A lie, of course. There was one she kept hidden in the one place she was sure no Turk would ever look.

Goktug was close to believing her, but he remembered the number of times she betrayed this trust and refused to, despite the innocent look in her eye. He regretted his next move but felt she was taking advantage of their respect for her womanhood and removed her headdress.

Sienna gasped; she was not expecting this. She cursed as he pulled a small, sharp dagger from her bun.

Goktug quickly set the headdress back on as she continued staring at him, wide-eyed and open-mouthed. He played with the knife and smirked, "I'm keeping this one too."

Sienna furiously fixed her headpiece. "Are you even allowed to do that?"

Goktug could not be more grateful no one was around and blinked at her, covering up the pounding of his heart and flushing of his cheeks with a serious and mocking expression. "You're in disguise, remember?" he answered, silently repenting. "Anyways, where is my Bey? Wasn't he watching you?"

"He was," she said light-heartedly before another silent moment overtook them. Sienna's glare morphed into a mischievous look. Her tight smile twitched.

Goktug watched anxiously; Sienna's change in demeanour always brought trouble.

Before he could say anything else, he was grabbed by his armour and practically thrown into an old abandoned market. "Hey!"

Sienna laughed under her breath and shut the door, watching him pound on it hopelessly and yell at her.

"Sienna! Let me out! We had a deal!" His single cold eye glared at her through the stained window, all the more amusing the commander.

"You were right about one thing, Fiery Alp," she started in an airy tone, and Goktug's pounding stopped. "I am in disguise." With this, she stormed off toward the building, grateful he did not catch the dagger in her boot.

Goktug balled his fist and roared in anger. He could not believe after all the kindness and compassion they had shown to her, he had shown to her, she betrayed them. "Curse you, Sienna...curse the times I trusted you."

She swiftly hid behind one of the pillars in Sogut's Inn as she watched a seemingly blind bent-over man pour gunpowder into a trail. She sighed when she recognized the grunting man in the black cloak. "Ah Cerkutay...after all the stalling, you still have not finished."

As he made his way out the entrance of the inn with a lamp lit with fire, Sienna clutched his back armour, pulling him behind the curtains of the kitchen. The inn-people only watched, helpless to do anything more.

She glanced across the room and, glad no one was there, faced an eye-bulging Cerkutay. Regretting her decision to save him, she pushed him against the wall and snatched the lamp, blowing out the fire. "Get yourself together. That Osman and his filthy Turks are here. We need to escape." Sienna stared at his frozen face. She snapped at him, and he suddenly blinked back into reality.

"How did you get here?" he asked as she stepped back, letting her eyes fly around the room for an exit route. Cerkutay noticed the tribal maroon dress she wore and raised a brow. "Are those Turk clothes?" He then smirked, and when Sienna looked at him, she was reminded of a jackal. "Getting comfy with the Kayi Tribe, aren't you?"

Sienna clenched her jaw, wondering why she decided to save him. "It's a disguise," she said, gritting her teeth, and Cerkutay tilted his head in confusion. "We don't have time for this. Osman Bey or that bear Bamsi Bey will be here any minute. We need to leave now."

Thankfully, the abandoned Mongol nodded in agreement. He peeked out of the curtains, then gestured for Sienna to follow.

She raised her brow, questioning the sudden domination. "Isn't there a more hidden way out?" she muttered, sweeping her eyes across the kitchen again.

Pots and pans were neatly aligned on the rows of wooden counters that held dishes and utensils. Sienna kept herself from diving into the sacks of fruits and vegetables and devouring prepared rice and soup nearby. She forced her gaze to the ground and noticed an unusual curve, a dent. Ignoring Cerkutay's sharp, commanding whispers, she neared the depression and gasped. It was a trap door; a door to a secret passage lay before her. When studying Sogut's passageways on maps and blueprints, she found one that led straight to the Sogut Inn from an alleyway. She prayed to Jesus this was it.

Before she could open the wooden door, she heard a commotion outside. "Haydi, haydi! Check the Square! Check inside! Do not leave a stone unturned; we need to find them!"

Her head jerked toward the curtain, the minimal coins jingling on her headpiece, and she squeezed her eyes shut in frustration when she did not see Cerkutay.

Sienna stared longingly at her only chance of escape; she could do it. She could slip out of Sogut as stealthily as a leopard. She could return to the castle. Return to Nikola. Return to Derya and escape from the terrible Turks once and for all.

But what kind of commander would it make her if she abandoned her soldiers? What kind of person would it make her if she threw her friends to the wolves?

Sienna was many things, but a traitor was not one of them. Sure, she had broken her part of the deal with the Turks, but she thought she had done enough leading them to the market, where they removed the carefully placed barrels of gunpowder and destroyed their plan to burn Sogut. It was more than enough help directing them to the gunpowder, yet all she earned were suspicious glances, insults, and doubt over her actions—however faulty they were.

Sienna sighed long and hard, knowing she would regret another action for Cerkutay. Tucking her last dagger into her sleeve for easy reach, she stomped over to the curtains and peeked to see the Mongol against the wall beside the entrance doors. She could not tell he was serious in his attempt to hide from the Alps outside.

Scoffing, she maneuvered to him, pulling him toward the kitchen. "Are you trying to get caught?!" she whisper-yelled as he struggled against her grip, convinced the Alps would catch him if he moved even an inch away from the wall.

Sienna grunted and snapped, "Cerkutay!" before a voice behind froze her.

"Well, well, well."

It was Bamsi Bey.

Sienna quickly grabbed Cerkutay's wrists, forcing them behind him and pushing him forward, earning a confused look. She faced the man who resembled a bear and smiled. "Ah, Bamsi Bey. I was just bringing this hyena to you." If she had to lie out of this one, she would do so without a second thought.

Bamsi Bey's sharp green eyes flickered between the two, his arched eyebrows raising in suspicion; it was clear he did not believe a word of Sienna's. He made a low thinking noise, stiffening and straightening before he spoke, "Where is my Osman Bey, Sienna? I thought you were to be with him."

Cerkutay struggled against her grip but immediately froze when she kicked his shins from behind. "I was...then he told me to check around the Inn."

"Did he now?"

This was a different voice, and Sienna sighed through her nose; it was Osman Bey, and he was right behind her.

She slowly turned and smiled tightly, bringing Cerkutay in front of her. "Look who I found."

Osman Bey's near-black eyes narrowed at Cerkutay for a split second before returning his attention to Sienna. "Why did you lie about my orders?" he speculated, suspecting Sienna was up to something.

She side-eyed Bamsi Bey before responding, "What else would your dear companions believe?"

He still did not look convinced, but Sienna found her answer enough as Osman Bey's focus switched to Cerkutay. Memories flashed before his eyes, and he slowly nodded. "Cerkutay..." he murmured, quickly irritating Sienna when he repeated the name.

Bamsi Bey smiled maliciously at his former foe, uttering his name in his gruff voice. He held Cerkutay's shoulders, and Sienna carefully released her grip on him. Cerkutay's head instantly flew to the side, and all bystanders stepped back. A battle awaited them.

Cerkutay slipped to the ground after another blow and quickly stood. Furiously shrugging off his cloak, he let out a deep cackle shared by his opponent, who rubbed his near-bald head. "I missed you, Bamsi Bey."

Osman Bey chuckled under his breath before showing Sienna the exit. He closed the doors to let Bamsi Bey and Cerkutay battle it out.

"Why did you run?" he interrogated after a silent moment as they walked toward the Sogut square.

Sienna stared at her boots, remembering her earlier encounter with the young Kayi Bey. "You did not find me useful." She then looked him in the eye, and her jaw clenched. "I'm not some dog you can drag around wherever you wish, Osman Bey."

Remembering his insults and suspicion when she created a fuss at the poor trader's stall, he pressed his lips together. "Why did you have to create trouble then? You could have easily told me the gunpowder was hidden in the apple stall, and we could have retrieved it quietly."

She scoffed. "Where's the fun in that?"

Osman Bey's disappointment was so clear that Sienna could almost see the word etched across his forehead. "You...you will not change, Sienna. You will not change." He trodded off quicker as Sienna stared on expressionless.

She shrugged off his words. And you will remain the stubborn, haughty, piece of-

Her thought was interrupted when she heard another set of footsteps nearby. From the corner of her eye, she could see one of Osman's Alps. It was one Sienna did not see before. It irritated yet impressed her that Osman Bey had people joining him from tribes away.

She noticed the two glancing at her now and then as they whispered by a blacksmith's stall around the market square. Sienna fingered the only dagger she had left.

After hearing of Goktug's situation from Gence Bey, Osman sighed hard and shook his head. "This news has brought your demise, Sienna," he muttered before calling out to her.

Sienna gripped the hilt of her dagger; from the miserable and furious expressions on the Turks, she understood they had learnt about her disloyalty.

"Sienna the Deceiver," the Bey started. "Maybe we'll call you that from now on."

Sienna turned her head towards him, still not meeting his eye. "And what, may I ask," she questioned, aiming to confirm her suspicion, "have I done to receive this title?"

"You know very well what you did. Now, surrender, and save yourself from my wrath."

A low chuckle escaped Sienna's throat, and she tutted slowly. "How about you surrender and save us all from your humiliation."

Osman nearly snorted. "I'm done making deals with you." He pulled out his sword at the same time Sienna pulled out her dagger and frowned, lowering his sword. "Since you did help us ruin your evil plans, I will give you one more chance to surrender. Do not push us."

"I am not going down without a fight," she swore. Osman spread out his arms, tempting Sienna to attack first. Sienna grinned maliciously, understanding the gesture. "It will be my pleasure." She raised her dagger on the Bey before he effortlessly blocked it with his sword, the impact pushing Sienna back.

She smiled; she liked a challenge. Osman waited with his sword low again, switching it out for a dagger to make the fight even. She yelled out in battle as she swung the knife at his face, missing it when he ducked. Their weapons then formed a cross, each employing their full strength as they pushed them against each other. Sienna's eye stung from the glare she gave him. Using all her hate as fuel, she forced his dagger to the side and hit his jaw with its hilt. She did not stop there and cut his thigh, blocking his blade again.

The wound doing nothing to impact Osman, he grabbed her dagger, swinging her to the side. He panted and threw her weapon away as she fell against a pile of hay, now armless. Sienna grunted, eyes flying across the stable for anything she could use. She clutched a horse saddle and used it as a shield against Osman's next blow. She threw it at him multiple times before he stopped attacking.

"You have no more weapons. Give up, Sienna!"

She answered when she grabbed a rake and thrust it toward him. Osman jumped back, defending her blows with his hands or feet. Sienna was swift; he had to admit. But Osman was stronger. When she did not stop, he punched her with his dagger's handle, and she dropped the rake, letting out a groan of pain. Osman reluctantly pulled back his weapon when she splayed her hand in surrender, clutching her bruised eye with the other.

"Wait," she panted, "wait." She shook her head to alleviate the stinging; the dagger had made direct contact with the bruise around her eye. She huffed and stood as Osman blinked at her expectantly before his lips twitched into a triumphant smile.

"Do you surrender-?"

"Okay, proceed." She brushed off the hay sticks and gestured for him to attack again.

Osman sighed, then dropped his dagger into his right hand, twirling around before hitting her chest with the handle.

She stumbled backward and cursed as she tripped over the tribal dress, landing into the hay stack once more. Cold steel met her throat, and she eyed it defeatedly, breathless.

Osman smirked as he looked down at her. "Do you-"

"Just tie me up."

---

After rounding up Sienna's soldiers in disguise, leaving only one of them alive, Osman Bey interrogated him for more information about Nikola's plans. He learnt that his brother and uncle were currently at Nikola's castle, lured into a trap that resulted in their captivity.

Sienna's ears perked up at the mention of her brother-in-law, and she tugged on the chains that held her wrists furiously.

After killing the remaining soldier, Osman Bey turned his attention to a gloomy Sienna, remembering she and his brother's earlier dispute over a bowl of sweets: why do you have to steal everything from me?!

"What is your deal with my brother? What else did he steal from you?" Osman questioned, but Sienna only stared away from him, reminded of something Osman would never find out.

The Bey then remembered his sister-in-law's attempts to break the fight. She had yelled Sienna's name in a way that hinted at a relationship between the two, that implied they were closer than mere rivals.

Before another thought about Sienna's past could approach him, he heard footsteps and turned to see a bearded Gence Bey greeting him. After thanking him for joining their cause, Gence Bey excused himself.

"Won't you be my guest at my tribe?" Osman Bey invited with a smile.

Gence looked over at Sienna, followed by Osman Bey. "You have been busy recently," Gence indicated. She still had not met either of their eyes, sour over Savci Bey. "I will come to drink your cold Ayran one day," he promised, and Osman Bey pressed his hand to his heart with a smile.

"Eyvallah, we will be waiting."

Gence Bey nodded politely before leaving as Osman Bey watched Sienna.

Seconds passed before Goktug Alp, Boran Alp, and the rest of Osman Bey's Alps came running. They slowed at the scene before them, smiling and nodding at their Bey at his victory over the enemy.

Goktug glared at Sienna, who met his eyes, narrowing them at him. "Ah, you're out of the old market at last," she could not help but ridicule. "Let me guess, your saviour Boran Alp got you out of this one as well."

Boran sniffed and glanced at Goktug, who hid his humiliation well. "I was stuck because of you."

"Please, I didn't even lock the door."

Goktug only looked away, tired of their arguments, tired of being defeated.

Osman waited for them to quiet down before clearing his throat. "One of the soldiers said my uncle and brother are at Kuluchaisar."

The Alps exchanged surprised and alert looks before Osman Bey asked, "Where is Bamsi Bey?" when he did not see him amongst his Alps.

Right then, they heard grunting and saw Bamsi Bey dragging a stumbling Cerkutay by a rope.

"Osman Beyim," the fierce warrior laughed, pushing Cerkutay in front of him and watching as he kneeled and stared up at Osman Bey open-mouthed.

"Hai Mashalllah!" the Bey cheered, proud of his old mentor's long-lasting ability to fight. Bamsi Bey placed his fists on his hips and panted as he glanced at Cerkutay and then at his dear friend's son.

Sienna winced at Cerkutay's captivity, but she could not imagine it another way. She was imprisoned yet again with little to no chance of escape.

"Bamsi Bey, there is nothing left to do in Sogut anymore," Osman Bey informed, and Bamsi Bey sighed lightly.

"What is it, son? Nikola did something evil again, didn't he?"

Osman nodded. "Everyone does what they know best." He danced the sharp end of his dagger on Cerkutay's throat when his old companion asked him about his next move. "I will go to Kuluchaisar."

At this, Sienna broke into a fit of laughter. She shook her head as she chuckled, disbelief washing over her. One thing about Turks was clear: they were stubborn, determined, and irritating as hell.

Osman Bey and his Alps' attention turned to a grinning commander. "Hayirdir, Sienna?" the Kayi Bey asked, laughing along as he played with his dagger. "Are you bored of me? Huh?" He neared her and tapped the hilt of his blade on her chest, making her face him. "I told you," he began. "I told you I would enter that castle more frequently." Then, his glinting eyes darkened. "Until you get out of there!"

Now, Sienna's eyes dimmed, and her amusement morphed into anger. "You will only return to that castle for your death."

It was Osman's turn to laugh; the ends of his squinting eyes crinkled, and a dimple was visible through his thick beard. He turned to his companions and nodded, forming a new plan.

---

Goktug Alp and Boran Alp moved to unchain Sienna per Osman Bey's orders. They would take her and Cerkutay to the forest where Cerkutay would remain imprisoned and interrogated by Bamsi Bey, and Sienna would lead Osman and his Alps to the castle.

Sienna's hands dropped out of the chains, and not a second passed before her wrists were taken to be tied again. She tutted and pulled out of Goktug Alp's grip. "Jeez, what's the rush? At least give me a second to stretch." She circled her shoulders and pushed back her elbows as the Alps watched disapprovingly.

"Are you finished, your highness?" Goktug mocked, stretching out the rope that would tie Sienna's hands. She smiled at him sarcastically, then shook her head, continuing to stretch her arms out.

Osman Bey ordered his Alps to collect Byzantine soldier uniforms for their sneaky entrance to Kuluchaisar as Bamsi Bey grabbed Cerkutay by his back armour, holding him up. Cerkutay side-eyed Sienna and muttered something in a low, gruff voice.

Her sharp eyes snapped toward him. "What?"

Cerkutay looked at her and tilted his head slightly. "Nothing," he smiled.

Sienna returned the smile. "If you have something to say, say it clearly."

"Fine," he grunted. "It's your fault we are captured."

"My fault? If it weren't for your stupidity, we would have escaped long ago," she taunted as Cerkutay watched disbelievingly.

"You would have gotten us captured if we did. I was doing fine on my own before you came. Look where we are now."

"I was trying to save you, dimwit. You would have been passed to the Turks long before if I had not come to warn you. Show some gratitude."

"Do not pretend you care for me. Admit it, Komutan. You were only trying to return to the Turks." Cerkutay's lips curled into a snarky smile as he glanced at her tribal clothing. "You've already become so cozy with them and could not resist another opportunity-"

Before he could finish, Sienna's hands were on his neck, her nose flaring in utter fury. "If I hear another word from that sinister mouth, I will not spare a second to rid your wretched head from your miserable shoulders," she swore in a dangerously calm tone.

Cerkutay's eyes seemed as if they were about to bulge out of their sockets at the unexpected threat as the Alps and Bamsi Bey struggled to free Cerkutay from her secure grip.

All other voices fogged out, and Sienna could only hear a dark memory of insulting and ridiculing her sister the same way when she figured out her interest in Ertugrul Bey's second son. She had sworn to despise Turks and never become her sister ever since. Cerkutay's words reminded her of her oath, returning every ounce of that fire and rage.

"Let him go," she heard someone warn as Cerkutay's face began to turn pink, "Let him go, Sienna."

She huffed as she loosened her grip on Cerkutay's neck after a few more seconds, mirroring a lifetime. His scarred expression told her she had done enough.

"You did half my work for me, Komutan," Bamsi Bey commented with a smirk upon glancing at Cerkutay. Goktug Alp and Boran Alp shared sly looks, glad their former enemy had earned his due.

Sienna's darkened eyes did not leave Cerkutay's face, which slowly returned its colour. "This should not weigh a gram of what you should give him, ayı. Beat him. Beat him well, so he learns to keep that snake tongue behind his teeth."

Bamsi Bey let out a dry chuckle, harshly ruffling Cerkutay's hair before dragging him off.

"Done stretching?"

Sienna looked up at a sarcastic Goktug as he tied her hands together.

"Gather the rest of the gunpowder and bring them," Osman Bey ordered after discovering the barrel-filled cart Cerkutay and Nikola's soldiers brought to Sogut.

When he neared his Alps, he spared Sienna a nod. "You will help us one last time, Komutan." 

---

I love you but back off Cerku 🔪❤ Sienna's a kid at heart...a disturbed child...but don't pity her yet, she has a few more unlikeable things to do 😈 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 3.9K 48
*Mafia romance* He pierced into my soul with his beautiful eyes, his hot breath touching my face. He looked away from me for a moment, towards every...
4.5K 805 23
{Editing} ~Goktug Love story~ Daughter of Tekfur Thomas was very humble and amiable. She was a youthful, admirable women which many men adore. Elenor...
124K 30.2K 59
(Book Two) "I've been looking for you for two years now. Luckily for me, I saw you at the beach party which a friend hosted. It also broke my heart...
Remember By BamsiAlpBasi

Historical Fiction

6.5K 337 22
This Hatun has no connections with any of the Bey's family. Her Baba and Abi continue to effortlessly fight under the name of Kayi with no recognitio...