My Demon King from Hell

By chocolatyangels

Isa Ever works at Rubiks Co as a secretary and within a short 4 years she is now the head secretary under the... More

Prologue
Chapter 1-Nightclub
Chapter 2-New Boss

Chapter 3-Offer

177 5 2
By chocolatyangels

Coming out of the shower Isa stood in front of the mirror starting her morning skincare routine and make up and her mind automatically drifted thinking of the past month. While Mr. Norman was supposed to stay here for a week because of various reason it kept on extending and they will be finally leaving today. She has been working hard a lot recently. Since she knew that Rubiks had to be acquired she was on pins and needles despite knowing that it is inevitable and after knowing that it would be Phoenix Tech. she was relieved a little. While it was a relatively new company, their achievements and innovations didn't let anyone look down on them. Their starting project, Phoenix bike took over the world in storm, and being an electric bike it replaced almost all the bikes in the world, even racing bikes.

She took an extra liking to them because her first racing bike was from Phoenix Tech. It was the first generation bike and at a time when Phoenix was still unknown so her bike's value snowballed as one of the collectibles but she was unwilling to sell it. Putting aside it's high performance and smooth functioning it's almost like her friend who was with her in tough times. It almost felt like a friend and she was guilty of naming her bike 'Selene' who was included in her therapy. Whenever her impulse is on rise she hits the gym and tires out her body which worked most of the time as time went on and in the off chances that it didn't work racing with 'Selene' makes it up. 'Selene' worked so well that the last, last time she had a one night stand was more than a year ago. It worked so well that she thought she finally free but one idiot just had to mess it up by groping her in public. It set her off in more than a way and that resulted in her one night stand with her boss, who was thankfully a decent gentleman. Though the times they met in this month were not a lot he was perfectly profession and at times she doubts whether he even recognized her. She at least had a half minute pause when she recognized him  but he was impeccably professional with her. Meaning he either didn't recognize her or one night stands were so common to him that he didn't bother to give a reaction. She loathes the latter so she prefers the former rea...

*clatter*

"Breathe in"

"Breathe out"

'Calm down Isa! You know it's fake.'

"Breathe in"

"Breathe out"

'There's no hickey on your neck! No hickey can last a month.'

"Breathe in"

"Breathe out"

'.......Or years.......'

"Breathe in"

"$^%&*"

"Breathe out"

''#$%^&*&"

"Breathe in"

"##%$^&*&"

"Breathe out"

"^&*(*^%$"

'Wait! What's that sound? what is it? What is it? Don't panic! The more you are eager, the more difficult it is to hear. What could it be? Common! Hear clearly!"

"#^%( RI^&&**& ..RIN&&&&&&&^ .....RING RING! RING RING!"

'Phone! That's my phone ringing! When did it go off? Hopefully not long before and nothing urgent.'

Forcefully looking away from her image in the mirror she looked all over the counter looking for her phone in vain.

'Where is it? Where did I last see my phone? Wait! The phone ringing sounds a little far off..?? Bedroom? Yes bedroom!'

Running back to bedroom she was able to find it before the phone went off! Who is it?

'Bella'

"Hey Bella! How are you?"

"Fine! What took you so long?"

"Nothing. Just getting ready for office." Isa answered wiping off her sweat with the free hand.

"And here I am waiting for you to make time for me!"

"I know but I told you that my boss is still here! It was supposed to be a week but he's been here for a month  so I can't take my leave! He'll leave anytime now so I'll be there for my nephew's birth. When is your due date?"

"In a week." She mumbled.

"A week? That's great then! I'll be there for sure. Definitely won't miss it!"

"Hopefully."

"No! Not hopefully! I will definitely be there."

"Who knows what other excuses you might come up with!"

"I really wasn't making excuses this time. Our boss Mr. Norman wants to enter USA. While acquiring Rubiks is the start they are not yet ready so he is doing market research and what not."

"So you do admit that you make up excuses to not see us?"

'Does she not know that it is an open secret that you are not supposed to say out loud?' A grumpy Isa came out suddenly itching to fight.

'Catch her!' Nerdy Isa directed others who surrounded Grumpy Isa. 'She escaped while we weren't noticing.'

'You can continue  now.' Nerdy Isa said after seeing that they caught grumpy Isa. Together they dragged grumpy Isa away.

Isa just hummed intelligibly in answer to that question obviously evading. "I promise I'll be there for my nephew this time."

"You are the one who promised! I'll hold onto that!"

"Sure!"

'Bella' A voice was heard in the background to which Bella replied. 

*Clatter*

Blinking she realized that the phone slipped. Thankfully the phone was of good quality and didn't break. She picked it up pretending that she didn't notice her lightly trembling arms. Thankfully Bella didn't notice as she was conversing with the other person. Though the conversation was heard clearly through the phone Isa couldn't understand what they were talking about. She just felt muddleheaded and the English  words on the other end of the line somehow got translated into gibberish after passing through the fog in her brain.

"Ah hey Isa? Are you there?"

"Yeah?" Isa answered and her voice didn't betray her or the emotions she was feeling.

"That was mom. Do you want to talk to her?"

'No need.' Came a voice through the phone before she could reply.

"I'll hang up for her now. It's getting late and I am not even dressed." Isa behaved as if she hadn't heard anything.

"Fine then!" Bella sighed. "All of you are stubborn and I can't change anyone. I won't disturb you anymore! It's time for your office!" Bella pouted.

"Okay! Have a good day."

"Thanks darling! Muah!" 

Isa hung up the phone calmly without any superfluous emotions. Whether she was really calm or looking so from the outside only she can know. Inadvertently looking at the phone screen she realized that any later and she would be late she threw the phone and went to the closet.

Looking through the closet she didn't know what to wear today. Her brain still felt a little like bean paste. This past month she never dared to wear a skirt in spite of Mr. Norman's usual behavior, wanting to play safe. Thinking that her boss would be leaving today plus with the month long presence she dared to dress a little casually today in a blue shirt and pants and a blazer in case to look more professional.

********************

Isa felt work was easy like never before, the awkward encounter with her boss *cough* one night stand *cough* never happened. He was busy with the acquisition, all the documents needed, a general guide to further development of the company, market research for further expansion of Phoenix Tech in The USA and so on, so he had no time for a measly employee like her and she herself was busy with her own team, helping her old boss in the last few days, getting acquainted with her new boss and acting CEO, Kevin Matthew, yeah another Matthew as her boss, though they stayed longer than the estimated week and half, a month to be precise everything went well.

Mr. Norman and his team went back to London and she could continue with her everyday life with no further problems or anxieties. She can relax on the weekend with hot chocolate and a nice hot bath.

Nerdy Isa: "Or that's what you thought."

Shut up! That was what happened!

'Then what are you doing standing in Mr. Norman's office?'

'Please! Can't a girl fantasize to her heart's content?'

'But we need to face the reality sooner than later dear.'

"So what do you think of my offer?" Mr. Norman asked without lifting his eyes from the documents, his magnetic voice making her ears itch.

'Please! This voice is nothing compared to that night!'  Sexy Isa sighed.

Romantic Isa: 'Say Yes! This would be the start of our CEO-Secretary romance which started with a one night stand.'

Nerdy Isa: 'I think we need to rename you as delusional Isa. He is just asking to transfer to London headquarters as he appreciates our talent.'

Romantic Isa: 'Please! That's his excuse to date us! How can we start a cross-continent romance without the transfer? That would be too exhausting.'

Nerdy Isa: 'While I don't mind cross-continent romance this really isn't it. This is the exchange program in the company. While some from London are being transferred here, a certain amount of people from here are also transferred to London. That's work. Nothing personal. When had we ever had contact except for that night?'

Romantic Isa: 'Nope! Not listening! THIS IS THE START OF OUR LOVE STORY!'

'Sack her!' Isa said through gritting teeth.

"A week of consideration is enough I guess?" He asked raising a perfectly shaped eyebrow.

Sexy Isa: 'Well! That was sexy! I want to do it too except my eyebrows doesn't cooperate and I look like a moron trying that.'

"Yes Sir." I replied seriously ignoring these morons. "But if possible I want to continue here. Exchange is not what I consider as of now. May be sometime in the future."

'Like may be when you come to USA I would consider going there.'

'What? Come on! That was a good chance. How many years are you planning to be single?'

'Forever!'

"How about double your salary? I appreciate your work ethics and efficiency. I somehow have a hard time finding a good secretary. I think you are up for the job. "

*Cough* Double?

Miser Isa: 'Agree!'

Isa remained silent looking at him calmly with a professional smile her rejection obvious.

'What? No! No no no! Control yourself Isa. This violates 'no relationship with your colleagues' rule and he's your superior on top of that! Money can't tempt me as I have serious principles and will never bend on th..'

"Triple? And a 30% increment every year."

"Deal!"

Please! I can bend, stretch and do somersaults for money!

" So I would be expecting you would be boarding the flight with us?" He asked still busy with documents.

"No sir! That would be difficult. I need a minimum of two weeks to pack, vacate my flat and tie some loose ends here. And I need to go back to my family, inform them and stuff."

Mr. Norman paused, lifted his head from the documents, his blue eyes staring straight at her as if deliberating whether she needs that much time and finally nodded reluctantly. Isa's lips twitched as if seeing into the future of spending time with her workaholic boss. In fact a week is enough for her but Bella, her sister's due date is nearby and she plans to be with her or else she can't be rest assured.

"If there's nothing else I'll be leaving sir." Isa smiled her practiced secretary smile, already putting him in her immediate boss role. When he nodded, still looking at his documents, she left breezily with her back straight and slight smile without giving away the slightest inner struggle that is going on.

Now that she is going to be his personal secretary those skirt had to come out. She needs to be her usual self if she is going to be there beside him for a long time and she doesn't think that's a problem based on this one month experience. Seeing him she at least paused for half a second but he didn't even take a second glance when she appeared before him making her doubt whether he forgot her or was dealing with her maturely. Either way that's good for her and she doesn't plan to dig deep into the reasons. This made her forget about that night completely until his proposal came out. While money played a key role in her decision, his attitude gave her the confidence to accept the offer. Coming back to her cubicle she took off her blazer and slumped into her chair not knowing whether her decision today was good or bad.

***************************************************************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 23.9K 30
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...
590K 17.2K 23
Beau HATES Oliver Fowler. But Oliver doesn't hate Beau.. quite the opposite actually. Oliver is the univeristies 'Golden Boy', adored and admired by...
2.6M 148K 43
"Stop trying to act like my fiancรฉe because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
372K 23.1K 20
๐’๐ก๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐š ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฑ ๐‘๐ฎ๐๐ซ๐š๐ค๐ฌ๐ก ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ~By ๐Š๐š๐ฃ๐ฎ๊จ„๏ธŽ...