New Life

By vibinna

Love can be disastrous Love can be loathsome Love can be healing Love can be dramatic Love can be solitude In... More

Prologue
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 2
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8

chapter 1

2.3K 154 14
By vibinna

" If you loves . me."

"...then Prove ..."

Arnav husked removing his jazzy red tie, he lowered his head, she trembled her eyes unsteady,there's no more escapes,no hide and seek  Khushi hesitated little, but somehow bravely put her arms around his neck and she briefly touched corner of his mouth.

Not even a kiss,a peck,

Arnav smiled, they were escaped from school,her school blazer lying on the chaise,he wasn't expected her easy acceptness , Khushi Gupta, now his girlfriend, Aravind Malik's daughter.

An innocent kitten.

Khushi carefully pulled away from him.

" I love you Arnav...i .."

" I love you too... my tintin.."

Arnav cheerfully exclaimed back..he doesn't want to make her uncomfortable so ,He took out food packet and opened juice bottle.

" Now eat before you fade in this blasting heat .."

He said in an encouraging but calculative tone. Khushi shot a confused look ,then sat beside him.

Arnav poured her drink, and they finally started to eat.

******†*****************

Aravind Malik glanced at his PC monitor,  Raizada lads new scandal.

Arnav rarely skips any paparazzi  attention.

Aravinds fists balled tight.

Arnav Raizada, the spoilt prince of Raizada clan, his beloved sister's son...!

His darling nephew..!!

Arnav, he again sunken to another hot water, he's not learning anything from his past mistakes .

Aravind dialled his PA s number , he's going to meet Rudra Pratap Raizada, they're going to have breakfast meeting with some foreign deligates, now that he's going to confront RP Raizada about Arnav and his new PR stunt.

""""""************************

Gargi adjusted flower vase,a bunch of freshly picked stargazer lilies , everything is perfect,Aman Malik is going to celebrate his thirty fourth birthday,so his father, Aravind Malik arranged this big birthday bash for his dear son.

Gargi felt a tug in  heart, Aman still treats her like a third wheel, even though he dearly loves his step brother, Arjun.

Arjun, her and Aravinds son.

In all these years Aman scarcely recognised her, even if that hurts her, she never showed it to anyone, she may not belongs to Malik's class, but she's wife of Aravind Malik.

she was a divorcee with a daughter, a stenographer in Aravind Malik's office. Soon after Aravinds wife's death Aravind put forth his marriage proposal, but she wasn't ready for that, Khushi was just a little kid, they were all alone in Delhi ,

Sudheer Gupta,her ex husband was very ambitious scientist, he got a foreign University fellowship, his dream..he was thrown between his dream and menial life struggle,so they decided to get divorce, but he left his ancestral house and some small fortune to his daughter, sudheer wasn't a tyrant,he was a noble gentleman who doesn't want to burry his dream.

Khushi and she, they were happy but Aravind was very determined boss, after two years constant rejection, finally she accepted his proposal and got married . But his son was prejudiced denial mode,he believed his dad was trapped by her.

"Ma'm..We already ran two trials.. the lightings are perfect.. and catering group will deliver food... our team will do the rest of monitoring and all.."

The event management exicutive detailed, Gargi skimmed through their report. Yes eighty percentage of work is done now they are ready for real party.

She nodded curt, she went through guest lists, Khushi Gupta, they already sent an invitation, still no response.

Khushi..!!

Gargi inhaled deep, her girl doesn't care about social life ,thats not a secret. Despite of Khushi's carefully woven vanishing act she knows yesterday itself khushi landed on Delhi circle.

Garima had updated about khushi's arrival, not only that girls are lodging in keshav Sadan house.

Gargi smiled. Then it's okay to visit her daughter.

***********************

Alarm bell screamed again, this time lavanya tried her best to stop that damned scream, but she failed, with a click of sound her phone ruthlessly dropped away .

Khushi growled, and scrambled out of the bed.

Heck..it's already ten fifty four..!

She adjusted her dress and lazily wrapped a robe around it . Took her arm sling from nearby table, and carefully put it. She's not feeling well. This unexpected rain worsened her pain .

Miss Lavanya kashyap crawling like a baby, she's not getting out of bed, her phone crys greedy, but she's kinda out of world..!!

"What on earth..."

Khushi safely held lavanyas fallen mobile phone. Dropped it back. That cringing phone is still buzzing.

" Thanks babe....."

Lav mumbled weakly,  rolling her eyes she started to walk out, seems like lav still in her la la land .

Khushi left her there and paced towards door, calling bell already broke three of rounds.

She should set up modern security measures, this house need it, she can avoid this type of uninvited guests..!

******************************

She wasn't expecting any visitors, especially in keshav Sadan, where she normally camps tension free.

She had inherited this home from her father.
Her grandBaba's legacy.
an old sandstone house, old but spacious two storied building with a small comfortable lawn and a manmade forest in backyard.

Gupta house.
Her home.

Reluctantly Khushi started to step down, when she swung the door opened, somebody stood on her doorstep

Uniformed Malik's chauffeur.

A bouquet of charming Daisy and delicious looking fruit basket. Bowing he entered into her house, and before Khushi protest Gargi Malik jarred into the scene graciously.

" Mom...''

Khushi leaned over the wall, Gargi did a quick glance at her girl. Again Khushi in her most unusual style,a faded violet tank top cotton shorts, a loose knit robe wrap and bare feet.

Gargis eyes stopped at khushi's right arm,it supports by black arm sling.

Gargi stepped in, and cautiously looked back at Khushi's eyes, her probing eyes met khushi's sleep ridden one.

" Nothing serious..a small accident.mom.."

Khushi walked back to living room and sank down to a recliner.

"Nothing serious... what happened Khushi...?"

" explain...!"

Gargi sat opposite to her daughter, tension is thick in air, Khushi is her only daughter, recent years Khushi herself  keeps this distances .

Why...?

A defensive nature against her mom ..?

After a long breath, Khushi zeroed her gaze back at white Daisy's. Her favourite flowers. Her mother knows best.. don't she..?

" a project, covering far eastern countries geographical forms..."

Khushi closed her eyes in exhaustion, Ha long bay UNESCO World Heritage site exploration. They have done their new project there.. a coalition with  Singaporean company.

" So...?"

Gargi  irritated, her voice become harsh, Khushi and her father's mad genes..he was like this eccentric in certain ways, throwing riddles than answering questions.

" Rock climbing went wrong , causing a minor accident.. limestone were bit weaker...."

Khushi said in a small voice, Gargi touched her daughter's cheek.

" Where were you exactly...?"

" Hanoi... Vietnam.."

Replying she slowly pulled back from her mom's hand.

"You are an engineer, why this photography freelance and all... are you trying to punish me..."

Flinched, suddenly Khushi opened her eyes, Gargi touched her scorching wire.

" I met him.sudheer Kumar.."

" What..?...?"

Gargi  quickly leaned back she wasn't expecting that, Khushi nodded positive.

" My father, you already know he used to mail me.. and i happened in same country,i also met his new family. he's happy with his new family.."

Khushi squared the tablet computer in her hands. She fought to keep her face blank. Her mom's disturbed body language says it all.

" Why didn't you informed me..?"

Gargi almost serious in tone, her shoulders slumped,her voice rigid.

" Why...mom.? He's living far far from us.. he's working in some Norwegian University, his wife is Vietnamese, and i spent some days with them.."

Looking at her mother's grayish face, Khushi smiled sadly. Gargi Malik, still grace and sportive women, however the scars in her heart is very deep, sudheer Kumar Gupta was her childhood sweetheart, not a poetic lover, they married because their social circle was same,normal human beings, they created a baby together, but not big love,it happened, they adjusted, they lived, but SK Gupta was the first one who recognised their incapability to love,it was pure platonic relation, and finally their mutual decision to get separated.

Now both of them are leading seperate happy life, be it her mother or father.

" So he was with you.. you allowed him to be with you not me..i assume he was with you when you were sick...?"

Ruthlessly Gargi straightened her head. She saw her daughter's nod. She felt like dejected.

" I was compelled to take break,so i stayed with him."

Thanks to her daughter's snafu, Gargi started to rise from seat.

" After these all years... congratulations Khushi Gupta you got your father.."

" Not just father you got brother too.. congratulations"

Khushi shuddered, the problem is that she don't know what to do or what to say. Khushi shoot a troubled look.

" Calm down mom...i won't disturb any of yours life..i never hated him or you,i loves you.. even if it hurts..i know your priorities,i know his... you two are equal to me "

Gargi stood up, her face flames, she shines in her grape wine colour saree. Gargi Malik looks more like her sister. Khushi observed calmly.

"Ok..fine..if you sees me as equal as your father, then comes to party and spent some days with us... you have another brother too."

Gargi Malik placed a golden plated invitation card. And challenged tight.

Khushi rubbed her forehead, another headache is developing, Aman Malik's birthday bash. How could she forget. Aman the step brother.

" I definitely not going to entertain Malik  guests..spare me.."

But what other choice did she have..? She wasn't going anywhere.

And Gargi Malik is talking about Malik's itself.

" You do keeps grudge.. Khushi Gupta it's not about your wish, join us as a family, Aravind is specific in this matter..."

Her stepfather, Aravind Malik, business magnet. Owner of Malik consortium.

A sound broke their reverie,it increased to a dull roar,a phone ringing or music box..? Gargi alerted she gazed sharp, Khushi not missing her mother's accusation replied back.

" La.. she's here.."

" Why I am not surprised... you are twins..i rang your aunty she said you trios lodging here... then you three should come together, evening.. don't miss out,i will send you a car.."

Before Khushi make another escape route, Gargi hugged her and kissed her head.

" Wear anything you are comfortable...i will wait for you baby... love you"

She said in soft voice, and bid a du.

**************************""""****

Something was definitely wrong with him, because of gust winds,it sounded strange but he's having different feeling.

Arnav tilted his head, the mirror looked back,draped his pearl grey jacket, instead of boring tie he selected a platinum collar bar,it looks oddly stylish. He finished his dressing and wore monk strap shoes and watch.

Nothing has changed, Aman Malik crossed his thirty years, a prime, epitome of age.

Aman Malik, his cousin by mother's side. And best friend by heart.

He gingerly pocketed a gift box. A gift which Aman most probably loves.

*****************************

Lavanya stepped out of the car, adjusted her black mini cocktail dress,, did a long breath..

she is party lover, however this party wasn't in her wish list. Still she escorts Khushi, Lavanya smiled at valet,he smiled back Her sexy hot look eventually attracted many eyes they appreciated her through eyes,

then payal came out, valet opened the door respectfully. Payal Gupta smiled little, she wasn't very flashy person or lover such big galas, she's cool composed one. Lavanya had choosen this navy blue shift dress.. it's her style comfortable but bit sexy, She clutched her clutch bag and waited for Khushi.

Khushi opened door, the security guards speedily covered the area. She saw a group of guards first, then lightened up Malik's mansion. Sheesh mahal, a replica of their Lucknowi palace.

She inhaled deep. A vast landscaped garden and sprawling lawn and proud water fountain.

Arrey of luxury vehicles flowing through its security gate. But nobody is in hurry. Clicking photos selfies and all enjoying rare luxury of Malik's hospitality.

Traffic was blocked because of their small yellowish car. They had went through the main gate,so unexpected block had formed, Khushi wrapped her coat.

murmurs started. Some of them enthusiastically watching the scene. Media is barred from this gala, but mobile phones still allowed in party venue.

" Ma'am please this way..."

Valet was equally surprised and pleased, because this girls seems different from others, they are friendly than other people, and most importantly they are allowed to pass main gate.

" Yes..i have a gift box can you please carry it..."

Khushi smoother her yawn, and gestured at the car, security guard bring it out there was a gift collecting area but which normally going to charity organization,so nobody carries it by person.

Four of guards obediently escorted them. It was brow raising moments for many spectators.

" Girls..."

A raspy voice cut through the air, NK waved his hand in cheerful his, he speedily strolled towards them.

" NK.."

Payal practically blocked his track, because before he hoist Khushi he needs to stop,Nanda Kishore dropped his eyes, Khushi pointed at her sling. So he hugged her carefully. Lavanya hugged him tight,so did Payal.

" How's up bro.."

Lavanya side hugged him. He helped lav to remove her top coat.

" Good..how did this happen.."

He carefully draped his one arm around Khushi. Leaning over him. Khushi explained details.

" My stupid cousin.. she needs a strict lesson.."

Payal cleared her throat, they saw Akash, and started to walk at him.
In pavelian there's a portion exclusively for family members. They sat nearby firehouse. Courtyard and swimming pool surroundings fully glittering with abundance of lights. In the centre of courtyard a canopy stage. Where a music band entertaining audiance, now a pianist playing piano.

Aman Malik is yet to show up. Aravind Malik is on the long strip of lawn with his friends and associates.

Khushi drank orange juice. And leaned on her cushioned seat.

" I assume Aman is going to announce his next dream project..."

Akash mumbled, payal rolled her eyes, NK smiled little, kashyaps and Malik's are in same race, he's not validate certain points here.

" That's in files Akash.. not finalised one...is he found any daughter in law for great Malik's..?"

Payal nibbled appetizer, Lavanya shrugged uninterested, Aman and her , they had a relationship for some time but it didn't work out. Because he was a jerk.

" I think he shouldn't.. such a moron.hes.."

Lav dished, she finished her drink. NK relaxed on his seat. His sister is bit dramatic, and he is happy for her, because of her break up with Aman Malik
Khushi adjusted her coat,she's concentrating on piano music. It's so soothing. In this boaring atmosphere music makes her comfortable.

" Let's have a selfie together..."

Lavanya cheered, to shook off the negativity lavanya cleverly diverted their attention,they clicked candid pics, lavanya uploaded it immediately on her social media handle.

" I'm gonna hit 5k within minutes look it's already started..."

She grinned, Payal was only one who seems more disturbed, she continually throws her eyes around. People milling around the canopy stage, beautiful graceful elite class. She was astonished by the gossip coloum of newspaper, but Khushi is unaware of any of such. Looks like Raizadas are yet to show up so did Malik's.

Gupta's,her family also got invitation but her babuji hates such types of show offs. Shashi Gupta her father strictly said his unpleasant.

Though Aravind Malik is a decent man, Shashi Gupta kept his distance, maybe because of sudheer Kumar Gupta, khushi's father is his cousin. They were like real siblings, that's why Shashi Gupta always care Khushi like his own daughter.

" Don't scowl sis...i am okay.."

A soft whisper, payal saw khushi's understanding nod, she listened her inner tension , there wasn't really a choice , Khushi could never rejects Gargi aunts words. Gargi Malik wanted Khushi to join this damned birthday party. So she's here.

Payal lovingly caressed khushi's forearm. Akash Raizada swallowed the thickness,he saw an army of Raizada Malik combo marching towards their direction.

" My first thought was to bunk...to some cosy hillside resort.. but she said tintin is injured and all... trust me pals..it's boring.."

NK drank white wine, he's bored to death, Khushi leaned on his shoulder he securely circled his arm.

" I badly wanted to sleep...my head is already protesting... you know..."

NK smiled tenderly. Akash was about to alert his pals, but it's already late.

" Looks like we got our star ..."

A honey coated vivacious female voice cut through the air , head up,a circle almost formed around their table.

Shyam jha taped his wife's sholder, Anjali pushed herself forward. Akash stood up, payal her face becomes stone. Khushi patiently smiled at welcoming flocks.

" Do we know you..?"

Subhadra Malik's voice again echoed, she lowered her eyes at the table.

Payal clutched the linen table cover, she's on verge, ready to snap.

" Can we skip this Mrs Malik..we are in a public.."

NK easily stood, he could sense the thickness in air, and subhadra Malik is a tough women.

" I won't stay any longer...my mother requested me..so I'm here.."

Khushi replied smooth words sounds respectfully stoic, her agitated mind and body wasn't easy to handle, but she done good job. just ten more minutes to suffer.

" Oh... then welcome to sheesh mahal..."

Mrs Malik tried hard to hide her true self. But for the sake of family honour she dragged herself away from Khushi Gupta.

Ten more minutes...then she'll be out...!
She won't lag her presence..!!

Khushi nodded and smiled at her pals.

**************************************

NB: don't forget to share your feedback

Hit vote button.

Cheers ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 14.6K 90
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.6M 54.6K 68
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
292K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
508K 31.6K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...