Rebirth of the Strongest Empr...

By yvayne

//This story belongs to North Night 夜北 and was published here for personal offline reading use.// Past life... More

Chapter 1: Crushing the Heart on Lingyun
Chapter 2: Reborn (1)
Chapter 3: Reborn (2)
Chapter 4: Reborn (3)
Chapter 5: Annul the Engagement (1)
Chapter 6: Annul the Engagement (2)
Chapter 7: Annul the Engagement (3)
Chapter 8: Transformation (1)
Chapter 9: Transformation (2)
Chapter 10: Transformation (3)
Chapter 11-20
Chapter 21-30
Chapter 31-40
Chapter 41-50
Chapter 51-60
Chapter 61-70
Chapter 71-80
Chapter 81-90
Chapter 91-100
Chapter 101-110
Chapter 111-120
Chapter 121-130
Chapter 131-140
Chapter 141-150
Chapter 151-160
Chapter 161-170
Chapter 171-180
Chapter 181-190
Chapter 191-200
Chapter 201-210
Chapter 211-220
Chapter 221-230
Chapter 131-140
Chapter 241-250
Chapter 251-260
Chapter 261-270
Chapter 271-280
Chapter 281-290
Chapter 291-300
Chapter 301-310
Chapter 311-320
Chapter 321-330
Chapter 331-340
Chapter 341-350
Chapter 351-360
Chapter 361-370
Chapter 171-180
Chapter 381-390
Chapter 391-400
Chapter 401-410
Chapter 411-420
Chapter 431-440

Chapter 421-430

55 0 0
By yvayne

Chapter 421: Spirit Seizure Technique (3)

Translator: Atlas Studios Editor: Atlas Studios

"Huh? Are you crazy?" The Blood Moon Sect Elder did not imagine it. He admitted that Ye Qingtang's skills were indeed not bad and that the speed of her advancement was shocking. However, Fu Lingtian's skills were an entire realm above hers. What was she going to fight Fu Lingtian with?

Ye Qingtang looked up. The corners of her lips were lifted as she looked at the Blood Moon Sect Elder smilingly. "Didn't you hear what Fu Lingtian and Ye You said just now?"

"What did they say?" The Blood Moon Sect Elder was at a loss as he assumed that Ye You whom Ye Qingtang mentioned was that female disciple of Yunxiao Sect.

"Fu Lingtian's skills are at the Second Heaven of Martial Qi Level Two, but does he dare to reveal it?" Ye Qingtang spoke with a seeming smile.

The Blood Moon Sect Elder was slightly dumbfounded. Then, he recalled that Ye You sternly instructed Fu Lingtian to not show his true skills before she left.

"A Second Heaven of Martial Qi Level Two disciple came to participate in the Three Sect Competition. If this was exposed, how would Wind Moon Sect and Xuanling Sect think? And what kind of reaction would Qinglin Sect have?"

Coldness flashed across Ye Qingtang's eyes. When Yunxiao Sect secretly sent Fu Lingtian to Qinglin Sect, they definitely employed the help of other powerful figures. If Qinglin Sect sensed that there was something off about Fu Lingtian, they would definitely investigate it, and by then, perhaps they would find out that Fu Lingtian was actually a Yunxiao Sect disciple.

When it was made known that a mighty super sect actually sent their disciples to an ordinary sect in secret, everyone would suspect what Yunxiao Sect's motives were.

By then, Yunxiao Sect's reputation would be completely tarnished.

The Blood Moon Sect Elder thought from another perspective, and indeed as what Ye Qingtang said, Fu Lingtian did not dare to reveal his true abilities.

"So you really want to participate tomorrow?"

Ye Qingtang nodded lightly. She needed to become an elite disciple in a short time and had to make a name for herself in this Three Sect Competition.

......

"There's no hurry though. Tomorrow is the Three Sect Competition. I want to see how that Fu Lingtian acts in the competition." Ye Qingtang smiled.

Looking at the coldness that glistened in Ye Qingtang's eyes, the Blood Moon Sect Elder had a feeling that Ye Qingtang's stance was completely different when the matter involved Yunxiao Sect. He recalled the shocked expression on her face when Ye You from Yunxiao Sect appeared, and suspicion rose in his heart.

Ye Qingtang... Ye You...

Could it be that there is some enmity between this darn girl and Ye You?

Nevertheless, the Blood Moon Sect Elder did not have the audacity to probe Ye Qingtang directly and could only suppress this guess temporarily.

Ye Qingtang took a deep breath, and a thought appeared in her head suddenly.

"You said that people who cultivated your Blood Moon Sect's cultivation technique would have the air of the evil spirit?"

"Yeah." The Blood Moon Sect Elder nodded.

A light flashed across Ye Qingtang's eyes suddenly. She still did not know how to find the Yunxiao Sect disciple who was hidden in Xuanling Sect, but she had a good idea now.

"Very well. When this Three Sect Competition ends and we return to Xuanling Sect, you must look carefully. If you discover any Xuanling Sect disciple who has the air of the evil spirit, inform me immediately."

Yunxiao Sect dared to let their sect disciples cultivate the Blood Moon Sect's Spirit Seizure Technique so brazenly because they were certain that the Blood Moon Sect was already annihilated, and others that had never learned Blood Moon Sect's cultivation technique thus would naturally be unable to see the air of the evil spirit.

But Ye Qingtang had a Blood Moon Sect Elder by her side!

Chapter 422: The Competition (1)

Translator: Atlas Studios Editor: Atlas Studios

Yunxiao Sect was Ye You's biggest prop, and if Yunxiao Sect fell, Ye You would naturally lose a backing. Ye Qingtang knew it was definitely not a simple thing to topple such a powerful Yunxiao Sect, but as long as there was a chance, she would not mind giving them some trouble!

This matter was huge, and she could not act rashly. After seeing Ye You today, Ye Qingtang was aware of the distance between her and Ye You, and the sense of urgency to enter the mystic realm and obtain the Black Heaven Water intensified.

Ye You could advance to Martial Qi Level Three in such a short span of time, and this was definitely related to her blue spirit root.

If Ye Qingtang wanted to chase up to Ye You's level, the only way was to increase the grade of her spirit root. She must obtain the Black Heaven Water!

...

The next morning, the Three Sect Competition officially began.

Elders and disciples of all sects arrived at the main venue of the competition early in the morning.

The competition this time was split into three categories: martial skills, array formation, and medicine refinement. The level of martial skills was the most important while array formation and medicine refinement were supplementary.

The three categories of the competition were held in three different areas. As a disciple participating in the array formation, the Blood Moon Sect Elder was dragged to the array formation ring by Elder Qin.

Ye Qingtang stood beside the ring for the martial skills competition by herself as her eyes silently landed on Fu Lingtian, who was surrounded by people opposite of her.

There was no emotion on Fu Lingtian's face, but there was an undetectable arrogance in his eyes. He looked at the competition in the ring coldly in disdain.

The people that the sects sent up initially were mostly the weaker disciples in the team, and the sects were testing the skills of the opposing disciples. The disciples going up last were seated below the ring, including Xuanling Sect's Zhu Changge. At this instant, he was seated beside Elder Lin, who whispered to Zhu Changge privately as they watched the match, perhaps reminding him on the matters to look out for.

......

In the Three Sect Competition this year, Xuanling Sect thought most highly of Zhu Changge. Previously, Ye Qingtang suspected whether Zhu Changge was a disciple sent by Yunxiao Sect, but after the Blood Moon Sect Elder's observation, there was no air of the evil spirit on Zhu Changge's body.

As the competition continued, the disciples who were sent up later were more powerful.

However, throughout the competition, Xuanling Sect was evidently repressed by Wind Moon Sect and Qinglin Sect, and Xuanling Sect disciples were no match for their opponents in the competition.

The Xuanling Sect elders' faces darkened.

"It is obvious that the skills of Qinglin Sect and Wind Moon Sect's disciples are more steady than last year." Elder Mo frowned. From the current situation, Xuanling Sect was at a disadvantage.

"They're only slightly more inferior, but the difference is not big. I told Zhu Changge the cultivation techniques of Wind Moon Sect and Qinglin Sect just now so that he can be more careful when he goes up later," Elder Lin said.

"How does Zhu Changge feel? Does he have the confidence to fight with Fu Lingtian?" Elder Mo asked.

"There shouldn't be a big problem. Fu Lingtian is at the second stage of the Third Heaven of Martial Qi Level One, and so is Zhu Changge. If they were to compare their levels, there shouldn't be any difference between both of them. As long as Zhu Changge is stable during the match, I believe he has a chance to win." Elder Lin was rather assured. For this Three Sect Competition, he focused all his energy on training Zhu Changge for nearly half a year.

"That is the best. If we lose again this year, I'm afraid..." Elder Mo did not continue on, but all the elders present knew what followed.

Chapter 423: The Competition (2)

Translator: Atlas Studios Editor: Atlas Studios

Xuanling Sect had lost too many times such that even Wind Moon Sect had surpassed them and steadily placed second. If Xuanling Sect still did not have any achievements this year, they would most probably end up as a laughing stock to the other two sects.

"Rest assured. This year will definitely not be like the past few years. I have confidence in Zhu Changge." Elder Lin smiled.

Although Zhu Changge's eyes never left the ring, he heard everything that the elders said and took a deep breath as confidence stretched on his face.

After rounds of battles, the elders of the sects had a clear understanding of the situation.

A Wind Moon Sect elder took the lead to nod at a disciple beside him, who went up to the ring subsequently.

"Feng Yiran of Wind Moon Sect?" Elder Mo's eyes narrowed slightly when he saw the Wind Moon Sect disciple who walked up to the ring.

"Feng Yiran is the most skilled in this group of Wind Moon Sect disciples. He seems to have reached the second stage of the Third Heaven of Martial Qi Level Two. With Wind Moon Sect sending Feng Yiran up now, they probably want to end this competition as quickly as possible," Elder Lin said with a laugh.

As he spoke, Feng Yiran had already defeated a disciple on the ring and was waiting for disciples from the other two sects to challenge him in the stance of a victor.

Zhu Changge looked at Elder Lin, wanting to enter the ring.

However, Elder Lin shook his head.

"There's no hurry. Since Wind Moon Sect already sent Feng Yiran, Qinglin Sect would naturally not waste any time either. We'll let them fight first. It is not late to go up after seeing their skills."

Zhu Changge followed the orders and sat down silently.

......

As expected, not long after Elder Lin spoke, the Qinglin Sect elders had already given orders to Fu Lingtian, who immediately leaped up into the ring.

"Fu Lingtian from Qinglin Sect. Do enlighten me." Once Fu Lingtian was in the ring, everyone was enthusiastic immediately.

Feng Yiran was not surprised by Fu Lingtian's appearance and cupped his hands in front of his chest. "Feng Yiran from Wind Moon Sect."

Feng Yiran and Fu Lingtian were at a similar skill level, and this match was truly a wrestle between a tiger and a dragon.

The expressions of all the elders became serious at that instant. The real competition only began now.

The atmosphere in the ring turned heavy. Fu Lingtian had placed first for three consecutive years, and even if it was Feng Yiran, he had to be careful.

Then, Feng Yiran directed his energy and took the lead to attack Fu Lingtian.

Both disciples were at the Third Heaven of Martial Qi Level One, and one could imagine how powerful they were. In just the blink of an eye, there were thunderous sounds of explosions on the ring. With electricity in the air, both parties charged forward with full force and were locked in combat.

The intensity in the ring right now was incomparable to before. The disciples of the Wind Moon Sect and Qinglin Sect widened their eyes as they watched the battle between the aces of both teams. Ardor and zeal coursed through their blood.

Zhu Changge fixed his eyes on the two people on the ring. He was very clear that after this match, the person remaining on the ring would be the opponent he would be facing. With the heavy responsibility of protecting the sect's glory, Zhu Changge did not dare to be the slightest bit careless.

"Fu Lingtian is indeed steady. Feng Yiran's attacks are sharp, and it seems that the Wind Moon Sect elders taught him meticulously." Elder Mo's expression was tense as he observed the sparring on the ring.

Feng Yiran's attacks were extremely fast, and his movements were swift, while Fu Lingtian was as stable as Mount Taishan[a symbol of great weight or import]—no matter which tricky spot Feng Yiran attacked from, Fu Lingtian could resolve all of them.

Neither of them had the upper hand. As the swords glimmered, a sharp expression flashed across Fu Lingtian's eyes, and he suddenly attacked with a sword which directly passed Feng Yiran's incoming sword and stabbed towards his glabella.

Chapter 424: The Competition (3)

Translator: Atlas Studios Editor: Atlas Studios

Alarmed, Feng Yiran hurriedly withdrew his hands and retreated backward. However, it was as though Fu Lingtian had long guessed Feng Yiran's actions, and he sprinted forward at top speed and kicked Feng Yiran off the ring right when he retreated.

Feng Yiran was thrown down the ring, and a look of astonishment flashed across his face.

At that very last moment, he clearly felt that Fu Lingtian's speed doubled. Otherwise, he would have reacted in time.

"Thank you for the enlightenment." Fu Lingtian stood in the ring alone with an arrogant smile, as he unhurriedly cupped his hands together at Feng Yiran below the ring.

Feng Yiran's expression was very ugly. During the sparring, he clearly felt that there was not a huge gap between him and Fu Lingtian, but who knew that he would actually be flung off the ring in the end?

"I've lost. Thank you for your enlightenment, Brother Fu." While Feng Yiran was unwilling, he could only hold it in. He walked to sit in front of his master with a pale face.

The Wind Moon Sect elders did not expect Feng Yiran to lose as well, and their expressions were not pretty.

On the other hand, the Qinglin Sect elders were full of smiles and were complacent.

"Zhu Changge, how do you feel after watching their sparring?" Elder Lin, who had been observing the match from below the ring, asked Zhu Changge after seeing that Fu Lingtian was victorious.

"I thought that Feng Yiran and Fu Lingtian were on par, but Fu Lingtian is more experienced and predicted Feng Yiran's move, which helped him win in the end," replied Zhu Changge honestly.

"If it were you, how do you think you would fare?" Elder Lin asked again.

"I would definitely not be this careless." Zhu Changge replied.

......

"How confident are you?" Elder Lin questioned.

After thinking carefully, Zhu Changge replied. "Sixty percent."

His skills were at the same level as Fu Lingtian and had been through Elder Lin's tough training in the past half a year. Furthermore, his battle experiences were not lesser than Fu Lingtian's. There was nothing special in the match between Fu Lingtian and Feng Yiran. However, he had a card in his hand, and thus his chance of winning was higher.

"Sixty percent..." Elder Mo pondered for a while and uttered. "Changge, this match concerns the sect's glory. You must put in your one hundred thousand percent in the match. Go along."

"I'll do as you say!" Zhu Changge immediately received the orders and entered the ring.

"Zhu Changge from Xuanling Sect. Please enlighten me." Zhu Changge stood opposite of Fu Lingtian and said with his hands cupped together.

Fu Lingtian requited, and the two confronted each other immediately.

Below the ring, Elder Lin was rather confident in Zhu Changge.

"Don't worry, Elder Mo. Changge will not be as careless as Wind Moon Sect's Feng Yiran." Elder Lin looked at Elder Mo, who was frowning.

"That would be the best if that's the case. However, Fu Lingtian is very steady, and we must not belittle him." Elder Mo uttered.

"I know that our sect must not lose in the Three Sect Competition this year. Thus, I specially intensified Changge's training in the past half a year. He already has initial success in the Moonlight Steps Swordplay Technique," Elder Lin said confidently.

Elder Mo was slightly stunned.

The Moonlight Steps Swordplay Technique was a high-level swordplay technique of Xuanling Sect. Even if it was an initial success, its force was already extremely huge.

After knowing about this, Elder Mo's heart finally calmed down.

Ye Qingtang was standing not far away behind the two elders at that instant, and the conversation between the two elders fell into her ears.

When Elder Lin spoke with confidence, the corners of Ye Qingtang's lips tugged up secretly.

Chapter 425: The Competition (4)

Translator: Atlas Studios Editor: Atlas Studios

Initial success in the Moonlight Steps Swordplay Technique?

Definitely, the Moonlight Steps Swordplay Technique was a high-level swordplay technique and having small attainment was enough to battle opponents below Martial Qi Level Two. However...

Fu Lingtian was a solid Second Heaven of Martial Qi Level Two.

Even if he concealed his abilities on purpose, he still had the background. With Zhu Changge's degree of understanding of the Moonlight Steps Swordplay Technique, he would simply be unable to deal with Fu Lingtian.

Previously, Ye Qingtang noticed that while Fu Lingtian controlled his abilities within stage two of the Third Heaven of Martial Qi Level One, he still revealed a combat power that exceeded his level for a second.

It was just that he concealed it very cleverly and knew his limits, thus giving others the impression that he won by a hair.

In reality...

Victory was in the bag for this fellow!

Everyone was unaware of Fu Lingtian's true skills and still thought that Feng Yiran, Zhu Changge, and Fu Lingtian were matched evenly in skills.

On the ring, Fu Lingtian wore a cautious expression as though he was treating the match seriously, but only Ye Qingtang knew that Fu Lingtian was merely just acting. Given his true level of abilities, how was Zhu Changge even his opponent?

Elder Lin and other Xuanling Sect elders were expectant. If Zhu Changge could take Fu Lingtian down, the repression that Xuanling Sect had suffered for so many years would finally end.

Rapidly, Zhu Changge made a move. The sword in his hand seemed to turn into a sky of stars as he struck, and with a few flashes of the sword, it stabbed towards Fu Lingtian fiercely.

......

"Moonlight Steps Swordplay Technique." When the Qinglin Sect elders below the ring noticed the Moonlight Steps Swordplay Technique that Zhu Changge used, their eyes flickered.

Moonlight Steps Swordplay Technique was a high-level swordplay technique of Xuanling Sect, and many disciples who participated in the competition would display this technique. However, this set of swordplay technique was too profound. Hence, no disciples could understand its true essence and only had a spattering of the technique.

However, this was already enough to face normal opponents.

Once Zhu Changge employed the Moonlight Steps Swordplay Technique, the Qinglin Sect elders sharply sensed that Zhu Changge's understanding of the technique clearly surpassed the other Xuanling Sect disciples who competed!

Walking in the moonlight and turning the sword into stars—this was the essence of the Moonlight Steps Swordplay Technique.

Zhu Changge could already turn his sword into a shadow now, and evidently, he had some grasp on the profound swordplay technique.

On the ring, Zhu Changge's attacks were sharp, and every time his sword struck, it would be a flash of shadows. Fu Lingtian blocked the attacks with his sword and had to find the real sword amongst its many shadows, which was a dizzying sight.

At the beginning of the sparring, Fu Lingtian faintly displayed a disadvantaged position.

Then, a look of satisfaction was seen on Elder Lin's face. He had personally taught Zhu Changge the Moonlight Step Swordplay Technique. Even though Zhu Changge had not completely comprehended the profoundness of the Moonlight Step Swordplay Technique, he already had initial success, and there was a chance of winning when Zhu Changge used this against Fu Lingtian.

After he saw the Moonlight Step Swordplay Technique that Zhu Changge displayed, his racing heart finally calmed down a little as he hoped that Zhu Changge could seize Xuanling Sect's victory in the Three Sect Competition this time.

The elders were judging Zhu Changge's level of comprehension while the disciples were looking at the offensive.

Seeing how Zhu Changge could actually gain a slight upper hand, the Xuanling Sect disciples' eyes brightened immediately.

"Senior Brother Zhu's Moonlight Step Swordplay Technique is so skillful that Fu Lingtian actually has no room to strike back?"

"It's both the Moonlight Step Swordplay Technique, but why do I not have even one-tenth of Senior Brother Zhu's skills? He seriously has my respect."

Chapter 426: The Competition (5)
Translator: Atlas Studios Editor: Atlas Studios

"Feng Yiran from Wind Moon Sect is already defeated. As long as Senior Brother Zhu can win against Fu Lingtian, our Xuanling Sect will definitely place in the first in this Three Sect Competition."

The disciples felt an upsurge in emotion. This concerned the sect's glory, and if Zhu Changge won, all of them who participated in the competition would glow. They clenched their fists tightly and screamed to cheer for Zhu Changge.

Looking at how the Xuanling Sect disciples behaved as though victory was at hand, Ye Qingtang from aside, however, did not smile at all.

Zhu Changge could win against Fu Lingtian?

Ye Qingtang could not help but shake her head quietly. From the current situation, Zhu Changge seemed to have the upper hand, but this was only seemingly...

Given Zhu Changge's comprehension of the Moonlight Steps Swordplay Technique, there should not be a problem in fighting a normal disciple at the Third Heaven of Martial Qi Level One. However, Fu Lingtian's true abilities were far from this. The sword shadows that Zhu Changge created were simply unable to confuse an opponent above Martial Qi Level Two. The disadvantageous position that Fu Lingtian held currently was merely an intentional act of his.

She had to say though that Fu Lingtian's acting was extremely skillful, and even all the elders below the ring could not tell his true level of skill.

However...

Fu Lingtian definitely would not really lose to Zhu Changge.

Ye Qingtang narrowed her eyes as she focused on the ring.

Zhu Changge was on the offense continuously and used the Moonlight Steps Swordplay Technique to restrict all of Fu Lingtian's attacks. As he saw that Fu Lingtian was in passivity, delight emerged within Zhu Changge.

If he could win against Fu Lingtian in front of everyone, he would definitely receive a huge reward when he returned to Xuanling Sect.

......

At that thought, Zhu Changge was even more spirited, and his attacks were increasingly sharp.
Fu Lingtian looked at Zhu Changge, who suddenly quickened and sharpened his attacks, with a heavy expression. However, there was a sneer in his narrowed eyes, and an undetectable impatience swept across his eyes.

How dare a mere Third Heaven of Martial Qi Level One act so proudly before me?

Fu Lingtian's eyes changed.

Zhu Changge did not sense Fu Lingtian's change and attacked with full force.

But just as he spun and waved his sword, Fu Lingtian suddenly escaped from Zhu Changge's attack range with a flash when Zhu Changge was striking back. Once Zhu Changge was ready to attack again, Fu Lingtian sprinted to the back of Zhu Changge and slashed his sword across Zhu Changge's waist before he could react in time!

In a moment, blood dripped down from Zhu Changge's waist.

His white clothes were stained red by the blood.

Never did Zhu Changge expect Fu Lingtian to suddenly change his moves and seize an interval to attack him.

Under the pain, Zhu Changge's movements paused for a moment, and it was in this instant where Fu Lingtian sprung up and kicked the wound at Zhu Changge's waist repeatedly. Blood gushed out as Fu Lingtian stamped on the cut. Zhu Changge was kicked to the edge of the ring, and although he had not fallen off the ring, there was already a pool of blood below him, and his face was beaded with cold sweat from the pain.

The smile on Elder Lin's face froze at this instant.

He originally thought that Zhu Changge could defeat Fu Lingtian at that moment and did not expect... Fu Lingtian was actually able to see through Zhu Changge's approach and grasp a chance to deliver a fatal blow.

Chapter 427: Volunteer (1)

Translator: Atlas Studios Editor: Atlas Studios

At this instant, Elder Lin really could not smile anymore.

The cut on Zhu Changge's waist was not shallow as blood dripped all over the ground. In addition, Fu Lingtian violently thumped on Zhu Changge's injury, which caused Zhu Changge to be extremely pale. Zhu Changge instinctively wanted to force himself up, but Elder Mo's voice suddenly rang.

"That's enough, Zhu Changge."

Zhu Changge's face was ash-white as he stood with difficulty. His body was stiff. Looking at Fu Lingtian who was a few steps away from him, his eyes were filled with discontent. He was clearly just so close...

"Elder Mo!" Elder Lin's face froze after hearing Elder Mo.

Nonetheless, Elder Mo shook his head and said, "If Zhu Changge continues on, he would lose his life here."

Elder Mo's words were like a pail of cold water that showered on Elder Lin. Elder Lin turned to look at Zhu Changge who was covered in blood, and his face paled.

Zhu Changge's injuries were serious. Fu Lingtian managed to find an opportunity even during Zhu Changge's best condition. Even if he continued to battle on with these injuries, it was nothing but a slow death, and there was no possibility of turning the tables.

Elder Lin's prior anticipation vanished into thin air then. Clenching his fists secretly, he took a deep breath and announced, "Zhu Changge, come down."

Zhu Changge's face paled, but he did not dare to defy the orders of two elders and could only cast his sword aside in resignation, which symbolized that he admitted defeat.

Zhu Changge was supported down the ring by a few disciples. His hands were pressed on the wound on his waist, where blood continuously seeped out through the gaps between his fingers. However, he had a upset and vexed expression as he blamed himself for not being more careful.

At that time, it was as though a giant rock collapsed on the hearts of everyone from Xuanling Sect, and the thin string of hope that just arose completely vanished along with Zhu Changge's defeat.

......

"It's over... Senior Brother Zhu lost. I'm afraid we are..." Despair was written on all the disciples' faces.

Zhu Changge was the most skilled disciple out of everyone who came. Now that even he was defeated, there was no longer a possibility for Xuanling Sect to attain the first place.

It was not only that though. Although Feng Yiran from Wind Moon Sect was also defeated, his injuries were not severe, and he could participate in the competition for second place the next day. However, Zhu Changge...

Looking at the streaks of blood under Zhu Changge, everyone was extremely gloomy.

With Zhu Changge's severe injuries, he would probably not have a chance to contend for the second place tomorrow.

The Qinglin Sect elders broke into an arrogant smile once again after witnessing the sight.

"Elder Mo, thank you for the good fight," a Qinglin Sect elder said smilingly to the pale Elder Mo without concealing his conceit.

"Elder Qian, aren't your Fu Lingtian's attacks too harsh?" Elder Lin spoke ahead of Elder Mo with a dark expression.

He took a look at Zhu Changge's injuries. If not for the fact that Zhu Changge's body condition was tough enough, he would have almost lost his life under Fu Lingtian's attacks.

The Three Sect Competition had always rules that had competitors refrain from overdoing, yet Fu Lingtian's attacks were too cruel.

Qinglin Sect elder replied disapprovingly. "The ring is dangerous. Even if there are casualties, it is normal."

Elder Lin's face darkened.

Similarly, Elder Mo's expression was not too good.

Zhu Changge was already their biggest chip in this competition. Now that he was tragically defeated, who else could go up?

Chapter 428: Volunteer (2)

Translator: Atlas Studios Editor: Atlas Studios

The belittling expression in the Qinglin Sect elder's eyes was increasingly obvious as they looked at the Xuanling Sect elders. He was certain that Xuanling Sect did not have anyone to send up anymore. Now that Zhu Changge sustained serious injuries, they probably would not even have the chance to contend for the second position with Wind Moon Sect.

"Why? Is there no one else from Xuanling Sect or Wind Moon Sect? Then this year... the champion of the Three Sect Competition would belong to our Qinglin Sect," the Qinglin Sect elder said smugly with sarcasm behind his words.

The elders of both Wind Moon Sect and Xuanling Sect had rather ugly expressions.

A young boy with delicate features standing beside a Wind Moon Sect elder frowned tightly. He instinctively tugged on the Wind Moon Sect elder's sleeves and said, "Master, I am willing to go up for a match!"

That young boy who requested a challenge was Shen Qingyu, who was known as a child prodigy.

The Wind Moon Sect elder looked at Shen Qingyu's determined expression. He hesitated for a long while but still shook his head ultimately.

"You are still young and don't have enough experience. This Fu Lingtian's attacks are very fierce and violent. Before any training, you must not battle with him."

Shen Qingyu's talent was definitely above that of Fu Lingtian's, but he was too young, and he had only cultivated for a short time, which was still not enough to have a match with the merciless Fu Lingtian. Moreover, the Wind Moon Sect elder just witnessed Zhu Changge from Xuanling Sect being severely injured, and it was apparent how ruthless Fu Lingtian was. If Shen Qingyu really went up, he would probably suffer a vicious blow.

"Elder Qian's disciple is indeed amazing. Wind Moon Sect admits defeat," the Wind Moon Sect elder took a deep breath and declared. Even if they lost the first place position, Feng Yiran still had the opportunity to fight for the second position, and there was no need to send Shen Qingyu up to risk right now.

After that announcement from his Master, there was no chance for Shen Qingyu to enter the ring even if he wanted to, and he could only clench his fists in reluctance.

Conceit filled the Qinglin Sect elder's eyes after Wind Moon Sect made their stance known. Subsequently, the Qinglin Sect elder looked at Xuanling Sect, who was still struggling in difficulty.

Xuanling Sect had been defeated for many years, and if they lost again this year, they most likely would not have any face to participate in the Three Sect Competition in the following years.

......

"Elder Mo, is there anyone else from Xuanling Sect that is going up?" asked the Qinglin Sect elder arrogantly. He was sure that Xuanling Sect did not have any more disciples who could have a match with Fu Lingtian.

Elder Mo's expression darkened. No matter how good his temper was, he was inflamed from the Qinglin Sect elder's cynical remarks.

The Xuanling Sect disciples were extremely displeased, but none of them dared to accept the challenge when Qinglin Sect asked.

They could not even win against Zhu Changge, much less Fu Lingtian.

As Elder Mo was about to finally admit defeat after remaining silent for a long while, a figure suddenly walked out from the crowd. She stood in front of Elder Mo and bowed.

"I am willing to enter the ring for a match with Fu Lingtian."

The moment the voice sounded, everyone's eyes looked in the direction of the voice.

Elder Mo looked in astonishment at the person in front of him who volunteered.

"Ye Qingtang?" Never would Elder Mo expect that the person who stood out at this instant would actually be Ye Qingtang?!

Surprise flashed across Elder Lin's eyes when he saw Ye Qingtang. When Ye Qingtang's name appeared in the list of names for the reserve disciples initially, he was skeptical but did not say anything.

Yet, Ye Qingtang wanted to enter the ring right now?

This was truly beyond Elder Lin's expectations.

Chapter 429: Volunteer (3)

Translator: Atlas Studios Editor: Atlas Studios

Elder Mo frowned immediately, and his gaze shifted away from Ye Qingtang without giving any reply.

Ye Qingtang was only a reserve disciple. How was she able to battle with Fu Lingtian?

Everyone was still waiting for someone to say something, but the Qinglin Sect elders were beaming as they looked at Fu Lingtian in satisfaction.

Apart from the usage rights of Drifting Cloud Island, the three sects still had other wagers in the Three Sect Competition every year.

In this competition, most of the wagers of the sects were similar to those in previous years. Other than Spirit Pills and elixirs, each sect even added a Dharma treasure as wagers.

With Fu Lingtian claiming the champion position, Qinglin Sect would become the biggest winner once again.

"Haha. Qinglin Sect really trained an amazing disciple..." the Wind Moon Sect elder looked at the Qinglin Sect elders and said with a laugh.

All of the elders witnessed Fu Lingtian's abilities. He had an extremely strong comprehension of martial skills, and almost no one in the same level as him could be his opponent.

While Wind Moon Sect's wagers were not little, their loss would not be too large with at least a second place.

"You flatter us. Shen Qingyu from your Wind Moon Sect is extraordinarily gifted. He is merely young now and does not have enough experience. In a few years' time, he will definitely be able to yield brilliant results and claim the champion position." The Qinglin Sect elder laughed.

At that moment, the expressions of everyone from Xuanling Sect were extremely ugly.

The conversation between Wind Moon Sect and Qinglin Sect seemed to have completely ignored the presence of Xuanling Sect.

......

If Wind Moon Sect could place first years later, didn't that mean that they, Xuanling Sect, would always be at the bottom?

If that was the case, what was the point of competing?

In these few years, Xuanling Sect did not have any fate with the usage rights of Drifting Cloud Island. Xuanling Sect's wagers were similar to the other two sects every year, and the losses that they sustained over the years were already extremely horrifying.

Yet, Xuanling Sect could not refuse to participate. The Three Sect Competition traced back to hundreds of years ago and had already become a tradition. If they were unwilling to participate, it would mean that they were afraid of the other two sects, and should this be circulated, their reputation would drop drastically.

Elder Qin, who had already sent the Blood Moon Sect Elder for the array formation competition, arrived at the moment and happened to see the situation. His brows were slightly furrowed as he sighed.

"Ah..."

If they had to blame, they could only blame the fact that Xuanling Sect did not have any better disciples. Being last in the Three Sect Competition every year, they could not blame Qinglin Sect disciples for being too powerful.

Zhu Changge's fists clenched as he looked at the expressions of the elders. Although he wanted to fight for the sect's glory, Fu Lingtian's skills were too frightening, and especially after sparring with him, he realized he had no chance of winning.

Elder Mo shook his head. The Three Sect Competition had already ended, and he naturally did not think much of Ye Qingtang's request. Xuanling Sect was to be the last again this year, and this was a definite fact.

"I declare this year's competition over. The first place goes to Qinglin Sect, the second place goes to Wind Moon Sect, and the third place goes to Xuanling Sect..."

A Qinglin Sect elder walked up and announced rather proudly.

"Hold on!"

Right when the Three Sect Competition was about to come to an end, a voice was heard.

Elders from the three sects frowned slightly at the voice, and they looked at Ye Qingtang, displeased.

"Xuanling Sect disciple, do you have any objections?" The elder who announced the results was impatient.

"Elder, the competition hasn't ended. I haven't entered the ring for a match," Ye Qingtang said slowly with a calm expression.

The moment Ye Qingtang finished her sentence, everyone from Qinglin Sect and Wind Moon Sect was stunned.

Chapter 430: Grant A Move (1)

Translator: Atlas Studios Editor: Atlas Studios

Wasn't this girl a reserve disciple from Xuanling Sect?

Normally, reserve disciples were only to fill the numbers and rarely took part in the actual competition.

"You wish to have a match?" The Qinglin Sect elder was slightly taken aback. He had never heard of a reserve disciple requesting to enter the ring although they did have the right to participate as well.

"Yes." Ye Qingtang nodded.

Then, that Qinglin Sect elder looked at the few Xuanling Sect elders.

While reserve disciples did have the right to take part, the permission of the sect's elders was still required.

"What is Ye Qingtang doing?"

"As a substitute disciple, she still wants to go up and fight with Fu Lingtian?!"

"Is she talking big to impress people?"

Some Xuanling Sect disciples who came along in this trip sneered.

"Step back, Ye Qingtang." There were no emotions on Elder Mo's face while his voice was cold and detached. When Ye Qingtang requested to participate the first time, he had already rejected her request with his silence, yet unexpectedly, she actually mentioned it again.

The Three Sect Competition had already ended, and there was no need to continue on.

......

"As a reserve disciple, I wish to enter the ring and learn from Senior Brother Fu." Ye Qingtang smiled.

"There's no need to." Elder Mo replied indifferently.

Xuanling Sect placed last once again this year, and their morale was already at rock bottom. Why would they still allow Ye Qingtang to play around?

"Master, since we cannot win the competition, if I can learn something from sparring with Senior Brother Fu, it will be useful as well." Seeing that Elder Mo was disapproving of her request, Ye Qingtang changed her argument immediately.

With that said, realization suddenly dawned on the disciples from all three sects.

Fu Lingtian's attainments in martial skills were extremely high, and they would definitely be able to learn a thing or two by sparring with him.

"Haha. I've never thought that this reserve disciple from Xuanling Sect would not be willing to let go of any chance to improve."

A few Wind Moon Sect elders commented as they laughed.

"Elder Mo, since Ye Qingtang has the mind to learn, just let her go then. If she really learns something, this trip would not be wasted." Elder Qin persuaded after seeing Ye Qingtang's stubbornness.

After hearing it, Elder Mo was silent for a moment and finally relented. "Since that is so, go ahead then. Take note of the way and angle that Fu Lingtian attacks with. It would be great if you can improve from this."

"Thank you, Master!"

After gaining Elder Mo's approval, Ye Qingtang immediately entered the competition court.

"Senior Brother Fu, Junior Sister Ye Qingtang is honored to learn from you." Ye Qingtang smiled at Fu Lingtian and cupped fists her fists together.

Fu Lingtian took a glimpse at Ye Qingtang. He obviously heard what Ye Qingtang said previously. "Junior Sister Ye, since you wish to learn something from me, I will grant you five moves."

All the disciples from the three sects were surprised to hear this.

Fu Lingtian was actually granting Ye Qingtang five moves?

What was the concept of five moves? When formidable people sparred, their lives and deaths could be determined in seconds, and even half a move was enough for a decisive outcome, much less five moves.

"Senior Brother Fu is so generous..."

"Five moves... If he granted Feng Yiran five moves, the first place for this competition would definitely be Wind Moon Sect's..."

"Haha, that is definite. However, the opponent is only a substitute disciple from Xuanling Sect. Granting five moves is not anything, and it displays the generosity of Senior Brother Fu instead."

"That Xuanling Sect disciple's luck is indeed good. She has a chance of five moves and can learn even more from Senior Brother Fu Lingtian..."

However, a smile passed by Ye Qingtang's eyes as she looked at Fu Lingtian. She shook her head and said, "Senior Brother Fu, you are the defending champion of the Three Sect Competition while I'm only a disciple at the bottom of the Xuanling Sect team. Granting me five moves is too petty already."

Continue Reading