Infirmitas

由 YrisYsabella

The underground world of mafias was shaken when merciless, cunning Jin ascended as the leader of their organi... 更多

Characters
Chapter 1: The Grim Reaper and The Pale Man
Chapter 2: A Siren and a snake
Chapter 3: Tiger Flower and his leverage
Chapter 4: The Gentlemen of Hope
Chapter 5: My Saving Grace
Chapter 6: A Fallen Angel
Chapter 7: A Guilty Pleasure
Chapter 8: A Fatal Attraction
Chapter 9: Mayday
Chapter 10: Reign of Terror
Chapter 11: An Interrogation
Chapter 12: Lifeline
Chapter 13: A Whirlwind Romance
Chapter 14: My Guardian Angel
Chapter 15: Achilles' Heel
Chapter 16: A Chink in the Armor
Chapter 17: Collateral Damage
Chapter 18: A Change of Heart
Chapter 19: Tried and True
Chapter 20: Ghosted
Chapter 21: Elpis
Chapter 23: A Lull before the Storm
Chapter 24: Treachery
Chapter 25: Goodbye, My Love
Chapter 26: Dead Man Walking
Chapter 27: Annihilation
Chapter 28: Changed
Chapter 29: Forgiven and Forgotten
Chapter 30: Lost and Found
Epilogue: Amor Vincit Omnia

Chapter 22: The Truth Untold

23 3 0
由 YrisYsabella

Jungkook's POV

"Release him."

Taehyung? He's alive.

"What took you so long?"

Is he with them?

"Let go of him."

"What's with the gun on my head?"

"It's going to blow your brains out if you don't release him."

"You're with the Grim Reaper, traitor?"

"No. I'm with him."

"You're fucking him?"

The man clenched on my hair tighter. I let out an uncontrollable groan.

"Release him, motherfucker!" Taehyung yelled.

"What? You think a gun to my head will make me piss myself, Tiger Flower? I'd rather you shoot me."

"Oh. I definitely will."

"You know there's a risk of him catching the bullet."

The man yanked me closer to him, inching the blade closer to my skin.

"Shoot, motherfucker. Are you scared of endangering him? I didn't peg you for someone who can fuck somebody. I thought you can only do it with your arrogant self."

Hoseok hyung's eyes briefly shook and darted sideways. He held my gaze and heaved a long breath as if he was telling me to calm down.

"I guess I just have to kill him myself. I'll die with the satisfaction of killing the Grim Reaper's brother."

"You talked way too much."

Jin hyung?

The man's grip around my neck loosened. As I stumbled with him as he fell towards the floor, I saw how Jin hyung aimed his gun at Taehyung's head. I pulled him down with me and shielded him with my body.

"Jungkook!"

"Jin hyung!"

"No!"

Hoseok hyung, Yoongi hyung and Jin hyung shouted at the same time. The bullet ripped through the blood-spattered wall. I looked at Jin hyung. He was still pointing his gun at us. His hands were shaking.

"Jungkook, step away!"

Yoongi hyung raised his gun as he walked closer to us. I stood up and pushed Taehyung behind me.

"No."

"Step away from him." Jin hyung ordered.

"No. He's not with them."

"He is. He is with them."

I fumbled for Taehyung's hand and held it tightly. He placed his hand on my waist.

"I am. I'm sorry." Taehyung croaked.

"But not anymore, right?"

Taehyung let out sobs. I felt his body tremble.

"I'm sorry."

"It doesn't matter." I will forgive you no matter what.

"Jungkook, stop this foolishness and step aside."

Jin hyung's face was hard and stern.

"Lower your guns. Please." I turned to Yoongi hyung. "Yoongi hyung, please."

"He's one of them, Jungkook. They want to use you against Jin hyung. They will harm you." He coldly stated.

"He won't. He loves me."

"He's fooling you. That's what they do."

"Then why did he bring these men here?" Jin hyung challenged.

"I was wrong. I thought... but you killed Wooshik hyung! You killed Bogum hyung, his wife and the baby!"

Jin hyung killed? He killed people? Even an innocent baby?

"And you didn't? You didn't kill anyone's brother, husband, wife or son? You didn't kill innocent people? You didn't hurt someone to punish another? I don't deny being a bad man. But you are one as well."

"What did you do? What happened? Why do they want to punish you? Why do many people hate you?"

When Taehyung left after knowing that Jin hyung is my brother, I confronted Hoseok hyung to tell me the truth. I know that he's been hiding something. He doesn't want me to know who he is or what he does. Seeing Taehyung that day made me realize something. Whatever he does brings hate out of people. A hatred so strong that you'd be able to turn your back on someone you profess to love. Hoseok hyung refused to confirm anything. But I know it. And I'm going to hear it from him, himself.

"I kill people."

"Why?"

"Because that's just how it is in our world."

"What world?"

"The criminal world." He lowered his gun a little and sniffed. "The world of syndicates, gangs, outlaws and mafias."

"Oh my god." Namjoon hyung said.

"Since when?"

"Since I lost you."

A tear rolled down his cheek. He was just eleven. He's just a kid.

"I have blood in my hands. That's why many people hate me."

"But you can leave that world. Right?"

He may have killed people. But he is still my Jin hyung. It will take many years and a lot of good deeds but he can still repent. It's not too late. He won't do it again. He'll stop killing. Then he'd be a good man again.

"Let's leave. We'll go far away from them. You, me and Taehyungie. Yoongi hyung can join too."

"I have people to protect. I can't just leave."

"How will you protect them? By killing people again?"

"That's just the way it is."

"It doesn't have to be."

"It's not that easy. I kept my people safe and alive because I covered my hands with the blood of my enemies. And if I won't do that, they will do the same to us. They will bleed us out."

"The protection you give your people costs Jungkook's safety." Taehyung firmly stated.

"You have no right to say anything! You neglected his life when you sold him out for revenge!" Jin hyung retorted.

"I know and I regret that! I will spend my life protecting him to make up for that."

Jin hyung raised his gun again. "You won't have a life to spend. Not with him. Not with anyone."

"You can't shoot him." I told him.

"I can."

"You won't. Because my blood will also be in your hands."

His face twisted. "What did he do to you?"

I smiled through my tears. I don't want to do this. I don't want to hurt Jin hyung. But I want to save him.

"We'll leave. We'll go somewhere far. I will wait for you there until you're ready."

"You can't trust him."

"I can."

"How do you know? He already betrayed you."

"He loves me. Only real love can make you forget a strong hate."

I entwined my hand with Taehyung's and started to walk out.

"No! Jungkook, no!" Jin hyung hysterically shouted. "Raise your gun, Yoongi! Don't let them go!"

"Hyung, maybe it's the right thing to do. He's much safer away. He's safer away from us." Yoongi hyung responded.

"He is with them."

"He was. Not anymore."

"You will not fucking go."

I looked back at him.

"Just shoot us. If you're not going to let us go."

He stared at me with tear-streaked cheeks and quivering lips. His finger was trembling on the trigger.

"I can't lose you again." He sobbed.

"You're not losing me. I will wait for you. Remember?"

He finally dropped his gun and covered his face. I went to him and wrapped him in my arms. He bawled on my chest.

"Kookie will always be hyung's little one."   

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

38.1K 1.3K 37
Y/n is a weak girl with a strong mindset. Her life is miserable but she believes that she can pull through anything if she keeps herself together. Ju...
750K 34.2K 40
"Does my babygirl deserve it?" -~-~|•|~-~- A one night stand. That's all it was. Taehyung wouldn't call himself someone who only has one nights stand...
594K 36.2K 70
Jimin is a poor, innocent and gorgeous boy from busan balancing two hectic jobs while trying to survive in this cruel world with his dream of dancing...
1.9M 82.6K 50
Taehyung, a poor boy who was abused by his father and lost all of his desires to live but, fate decided something else for him when he met someone wh...