Infirmitas

Door YrisYsabella

The underground world of mafias was shaken when merciless, cunning Jin ascended as the leader of their organi... Meer

Characters
Chapter 1: The Grim Reaper and The Pale Man
Chapter 2: A Siren and a snake
Chapter 3: Tiger Flower and his leverage
Chapter 4: The Gentlemen of Hope
Chapter 5: My Saving Grace
Chapter 6: A Fallen Angel
Chapter 7: A Guilty Pleasure
Chapter 8: A Fatal Attraction
Chapter 9: Mayday
Chapter 10: Reign of Terror
Chapter 11: An Interrogation
Chapter 12: Lifeline
Chapter 13: A Whirlwind Romance
Chapter 14: My Guardian Angel
Chapter 15: Achilles' Heel
Chapter 16: A Chink in the Armor
Chapter 17: Collateral Damage
Chapter 19: Tried and True
Chapter 20: Ghosted
Chapter 21: Elpis
Chapter 22: The Truth Untold
Chapter 23: A Lull before the Storm
Chapter 24: Treachery
Chapter 25: Goodbye, My Love
Chapter 26: Dead Man Walking
Chapter 27: Annihilation
Chapter 28: Changed
Chapter 29: Forgiven and Forgotten
Chapter 30: Lost and Found
Epilogue: Amor Vincit Omnia

Chapter 18: A Change of Heart

24 3 0
Door YrisYsabella

Taehyung's POV

"Who is he? His lover?" Serpent Tongue asked.

No. Mine.

"His brother." I responded against the lump in my throat.

"I didn't know he has a brother."

"He's lost and found."

"How'd you find him?"

I gulped. "Through Crane Flower."

"How is he?"

"Dead."

"The Grim Reaper got him?"

I weakly nodded.

"Canary Bird..." His voice cracked. "...my brother's dead too."

I briefly glanced at him. "When? How?"

"Yesterday. They were ambushed."

"They have Jimin too."

He suddenly threw the stool he was sitting on in the water.

"Fuck!" His body shook. His voice thundered. "His time has come. I will end him."

I looked down and clasped my trembling hands together. You can't go back now. You've said it. You already gave him away. The Grim Reaper deserves it. We will avenge our friends. I will make him suffer. I will watch him beg.

We journeyed back to the city, to the lair of the Sons of Anarchy, a group of heathens who do not recognize agreements, authority and territories among the groups and gangs within the city. They're barbaric. They're dishonest. They're devious. But they extremely despise the Bangs. Especially the Grim Reaper. And we will use that to our advantage.

"Hold your tongue. I don't want you offending these bastards. They'll kill you right then and there." Serpent Tongue reminded me.

We walk through a wet market. It was just an ordinary one. Busy, crowded and filled with horrid stench. But a trained eye will catch the sharp, watchful looks thrown by men and women scattered around. We arrived at a back storage. A large man was guarding its door. The boss tossed him something. Is that a piece of skin? He raised his brow at me.

"He's with me. Obviously." He told him.

The man rolled his eyes and motioned for us to go in. We entered. The room was filled with sacks and sacks of rice.

"Lift those."

He pointed at the stack at the corner.

"What?"

"Lift the sacks. The entrance is beneath."

"The fuck will I do that?"

He slapped the back of my head. "Should I? I'm your boss, you fuck."

I huffed and started hauling. There was a metal manhole cover at the bottom of it. I pulled it open.

"It's a sewer." I told him.

"It's leads to the entrance."

"Gross."

"Move, motherfucker."

He went in and descended. I sighed before following. Motherfuckers. Why can't they build a normal entrance? It fucking stinks. Serpent Tongue was already meters away when I reached the bottom. I sped after him. We were stopped by an ugly guy at the gate.

"I'm here to see Son Sukku."

"Name."

"You don't know me?"

"We won't ask if we know fucker." Another ugly guy behind the ugly guy interrupted.

Serpent Tongue clenched his fist. "Serpent Tongue."

"Oh. Park Seojoon." The guy behind sneered. He brought out a walkie talkie. "Park Seojoon's here to see the man."

The walkie crackled. "Who?"

"Park Seojoon. Serpent Tongue. Of Park mafia."

"Park mafia?"

"The late Park mafia." He laughed insultingly. "The one that's crushed to oblivion."

I heaved a deep sigh. Fucking bastards. We've been reduced to a laughing stock. Even this lowlife fuckers are mocking us.

"Let them in."

The gate was opened. The guy sarcastically curtsied when we passed by him. When everything's done, I'm going to kill this fucking asshole myself.

"Welcome!"

A guy, probably Son Sukku, greeted in a rather irritating way. He got up on a table and threw his hands up in the air. What a crackhead.

"You finally found the courage to come out of hiding?"

Serpent Tongue rolled his eyes. "It's on."

"About time." Son Sukku hopped off forcefully.

Behind him, a guy with long hair smirked at me. He marched closer.

"I'm Jihoon."

"I don't fucking care." I responded.

"You're a beauty. The most beautiful I have ever seen."

He winked. I can't help but cringe.

You're the most beautiful I have ever laid eyes on.

I heard him in my head.

"You okay, pretty?" He touched my shoulder.

"Hands off or I'll fucking shoot your cock."

He looked down at the gun aimed on his crotch. He chuckled. "I would love for you to blow it."

I saw red. I smacked his head hard with the butt of my gun.

"Tiger Flower!" Serpent Tongue shouted.

Dozens of guns were now aimed at us. The fucker was still on the floor. He slowly sat, his head down. Then he laughed. And the others joined him. We're with a bunch of psychos.

"I've been hit twice this day already." He said in between chuckles.

"It's a sign for you to stop flirting. You're not as charming as you think." Son Sukku told him.

"You, Parks, are so serious. I'm just shooting my shot. Trying to see if I'll get lucky."

They lowered their guns.

"Let's talk privately." Serpent Tongue said.

Son Sukku nodded.

"Aren't we going to show them?" The crazy long haired asshole asked.

"Right. Show them."

The motherfucker led us up the stairs to a room. The metal door leading to it was bolted and locked from the outside. The bastard unlocked and swung the door open. It made a raspy, piercing creak. My eyes widened when I saw who was inside.

"Jimin." I called.

He smiled and walked towards the door. I ran to him with my arms open. He went into my embrace.

"You got away?" I asked him.

"How did you know?"

"I heard. I'm so glad you're alive."

I hugged him again. He winced and touched his shoulder.

"What happened?"

I pulled the neckline of his shirt. His shoulder was bandaged.

"It's just a graze."

"How did you get away from them?"

He swallowed hard and moisture formed in his eyes. My brows furrowed.

"Do you have to lock him in?" Serpent Tongue questioned.

"It's for his protection. Some crazy guys have their eyes on him." The bastard explained. He puckered his lips at Jimin.

Jimin's face twisted in disgust.

"Wait, are you together?"

"Fuck off." Jimin and I retorted.

Jimin looked at Serpent Tongue. He slightly bowed his head and he responded in the same gesture. A loud buzz set off.

"It's time!" The fucker excitedly squealed. "You better follow. The man will be watching there anyway."

He left first. We followed him into a huge space reminiscent of an arena. Many of them were already settled around a box-like enclosure surrounded by lattice metal fencing. We were led to the front, beside Son Sukku. He sneered at us.

"Enjoy the show."

Jimin and I exchanged looks. Someone was dragged in front of a small cage at one end. The person has a black sack over the head. I took a deep breath. I was reminded of a nightmare I had. The crowd started shouting, cursing and booing. A man was being lugged into the enclosure. He was being called a traitor.

"He stole something. This is his punishment." The bastard put his arms around Jimin's shoulders. He harshly shrugged it off.

The man was unchained. He looked ahead, towards the other. The sack was taken off of her and she was thrown inside the cage.

"He stole her." He said with an enthusiastic smile.

"She's something?" Jimin shot him a severe look.

A man from the audience howled. The crowd cheered for him.

"He's the real owner."

A large box was towed to the gate. Muffled howling and loud scraping were heard from the inside. The motherfucker's smile widened.

"They were starved and angered."

"We'll watch him be hounded by crazed, ravenous dogs?" I asked him.

He excitedly nodded. "And she's going to witness it at the front row."

Serpent Tongue smirked. "Imagine Grim Reaper..." He whispered.

I looked at the woman in the cage then at the man who was panicking. I felt my stomach tensed. I can't stop staring at the man who was trembling with fear. A small dagger was tossed at his feet.

"We like to give them a chance."

An alarm buzzed. The crowd cheered. The man got ready. A side of the box was hauled allowing five slobbering, thin but big hounds to pounce in. The woman shrieked. Two of the beasts rushed and bared their teeth on her, slotting in between the metals. The other three attacked the man. His leg was bit. The dog yelped when he stabbed on its head. Jungkook was also bitten when we were young. I saw his teary frightened eyes in my head.

One hound leapt to gnaw on his arm. His scream tore through the loud cheers. He desperately slashed the air. The clamor was dizzying.

"Are you okay?" I heard Jimin.

I looked at him. He stared at me with his forehead creased. We both turned our attention back when the man shouted. Two dogs have their teeth sunk on him. One on his arm, the other on his leg. He was already kneeling.

"Hyung! Help me!" He pleaded.

The crowd booed. Asshole raucously chuckled.

"Promise you'll come back, hyung?"

A man from the audience stood up and stormed out. A chorus of laughter and applause poured in. I kept my head down. I can't breathe. My stomach is turning. I heard a shrill screech. I lifted my head. Then everything silenced.

Blood poured out of the man's neck as a hound mauled at him. I roamed my eyes around. Everyone was mutely shouting and clapping. No sound is coming out of Jimin's mouth. The woman was noiselessly wailing. Serpent Tongue has an ominous smirk on his face. There was ringing in my ear.

I rose and weakly staggered out.

"Why did you do this to me?"

My knees buckled.

"Why did you do this to me?"

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

"Why did you do this to me?"

I was wrong. I am wrong. I was blinded by hate.

"Why did you do this to me?"

I thought I can take it. I thought I can let you die just to see the Grim Reaper suffer. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

"Will you promise that you'll always choose me? No matter what I did?"

"I will. I promise."

I remembered him.

"Will you ran away with me? Somewhere far?"

I recalled his starlit doe eyes as he nodded.

"Even to the ends of the world."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

750K 34.2K 40
"Does my babygirl deserve it?" -~-~|•|~-~- A one night stand. That's all it was. Taehyung wouldn't call himself someone who only has one nights stand...
1.4K 198 31
A story between two warring groups. One is the greatest agent group and the other one is the mafia group. Of course in a group there will be the grea...
465K 31.4K 45
He was the leader of the underground. He controlled the black market, controlled the largest crime syndicate in the country. He was just a universit...
136K 4K 36
[COMPLETED] She was living her life normally until one day she found out everything that was going on. The things that went wrong in her life. The ca...