Sunbeam

By Lefterova8

Time always finds a way to begin to heal all wounds. Maybe not completely, maybe the scar will never go away... More

1. Prolog
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61
62.
63.
64
65.
66.

50.

20 1 5
By Lefterova8

July 2, 2020

Ari sighed and turned to the side, looking at herself in the mirror, gently stroking her slightly rounded belly. Two hands slid over hers and she leaned back, closing her eyes.

"That's a good sign, baby, the baby is growing fast" Namjoon smiled and kissed her neck. "I know, but I look fat" Ari whimpered tearfully and Namjoon chuckled.

"You don't look fat at all, you're beautiful" Namjoon turned her to face the mirror. "Look, your eyes are brighter than ever, your face has that gentle expression that a mother only saves for her children, and your body is even more attractive to me, because it's carrying my child" he leaned down and kissed the crook of her shoulder.

"Wait here" she raised her eyebrows as he hurried out and returned only a minute later. Namjoon hugged her from behind again, grabbing her hand, he lifted it and Ari gasped in surprise.

"It's..." she looked at him with teary eyes in the mirror and Namjoon nodded, placing his chin on her shoulder. "I never found a good time" he smiled. "I proposed to you but never gave you a ring, sorry honey" she turned in his arms wrapping hers around his neck and kissed him gently.

"It's amazing, my love!" Namjoon pecked her lips and picked her up, setting her down on the counter. He crouched down and with his hands on her hips, he softly kissed her belly. "You are amazing, baby, you went through so much to get here to make me even happier" he stood up cupping her face.

"You're everything I could ever ask for in life, Hyun Ari! You're my love, my heart, my life, my moon and stars! You're my beginning and my only end, you're the air I breathe, my dreams!" " Namjoon admitted and Ari let out a sob.

"You are my soul, my day, my night, I fall asleep thinking of you and wake up only to find that I wasn't dreaming. Every day I fall more and more in love with you, baby. And as much as I thank fate and God will not be enough to repay me for being honored to have you" Namjoon wiped away her tears. "I love you, baby, you have no idea how much I love you!" Namjoon breathed into her lips and Ari sobbed even more.

"And I..." Ari began, but the words froze in her throat. Her eyes widened, her face pale, and she stared into his in horror. "N-Namjoon!" Ari cried and looked down.

A sharp pain shot through her stomach. "Baby?" Namjoon followed her gaze. Ari whimpered in pain and her head fell heavily on his shoulder. "Honey..." Namjoon watched in horror at the blood running down her thighs and legs.

"Ari ,honey?" he grabbed her by the knees and lifted her, running for the door. "Seokjin, Hoseok!" Namjoon yelled heading for the front door. Seokjin showed from the kitchen.

"The car, we're going to the hospital, now!" Namjoon screamed and Seokjin blinked in horror, his eyes following the trail of blood that followed Namjoon. "Right now, hyung!" Namjoon roared from the door and Jin ran after him.

"Ari, baby, wake up!" Namjoon carefully settled into the back seat of the car without letting Ari go. "Come on, my love!" he growled, looking helplessly at her pale face and the blood on her legs.

"What happened?" Seokjin asked looking at him in the rear view mirror. "I don't know, all of a sudden she just..." Namjoon trailed off in horror, clutching Ari to his chest. "Just drive faster!" Namjoon ordered and looked down, brushing hair from her face.

"It's going to be okay, baby, I promise, you and the baby are going to be okay!" he promised softly in her ear. "Drive faster, hyung, she's losing to much blood!" Namjoon screamed and squeezed her even harder.

"God, don't let anything happen to them, she won't survive it!" Namjoon mentally prayed, trying to calm himself down. Pain gripped his heart, making it difficult for him to breathe.

"They'll be fine Namjoon, we're almost there!" Seokjin's worried voice snapped him out of his thoughts. "She won't make it if something..." Namjoon's voice broke and he leaned in, kissing her forehead.

"Why are they taking so long?!" Namjoon was pacing angrily in front of the operating room door. "They're doing their job, Namjoon, calm down!" Seokjin shook his head, his heart aching for his friend.

"What happened?" Hoseok, Yoongi, Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook ran towards them, eyeing Namjoon anxiously. "I don't know, she..." Namjoon gave up explaining, he himself wasn't aware of what was really going on.

"Mae asks if she can come?" Seokjin asked and Namjoon nodded absently, continuing to pace nervously. Ari's OB had been inside with her for almost an hour now, and Namjoon was sure his suspicions that something was wrong with the baby were correct.

If no one gave him any information soon, Namjoon planned to barge in and nothing and no one would be able to stop him.

In answer to his prayers, the door opened and a nurse came rushing out. "Who's the father?" she asked and Namjoon towered over her startling her.

"Me, I am the father!" he growled a little harsher than he intended. The nurse blinked in horror and Seokjin pulled him back slightly. "Please, excuse him, he's a bit nervous" he smiled at the nurse who nodded clearing her throat.

"Yeah...I guess..." the nurse cleared her throat again and handed him a prescription sheet. "Take this, the doctor will be out soon" she said and started to leave but stopped and smiled at him. "They're fine" the nurse whispered and Namjoon looked at her hopefully. "And the baby?" he asked softly and the nurse giggled before walking away, leaving everyone to stare blankly after her.

"Is the baby okay?!" Namjoon turned to Seokjin who nodded with a grin. "She said so" Jin winked at him and Namjoon took a deep breath. "They're fine, they're both fine!" Namjoon whined in relief and collapsed tiredly into one of the chairs, resting his chin on his chest and stretching out his legs.

"I'll take that" Hoseok grinned, pulling the prescription from Namjoon's hand. "See, they're fine" Seokjin sat next to him, patting his back.

Twenty minutes after the nurse, Ari's gynecologist came out, removing his surgical gown. Surrounded by seven men looking at him curiously, he blinked, raising his eyebrows.

"It's a good thing there are a lot of you" joked the doctor, shaking his head. "Congratulations, Mr. Kim" he grinned. "I had my suspicions, but they have now been confirmed" he looked at Namjoon. "Suspicion of what? How are Ari and the baby? How is she?" Namjoon asked impatiently, brow furrowed and irritated by the doctor's calm demeanor in such a situation.

"Miss Hyun is fine, she is tired and needs a lot of rest, besides, I will keep her for a few days as I had to perform a curettage to stop the bleeding." the gynecologist began to explain seriously.

"Curtage?" Jimin looked at him confused. "Exactly" nodded the doctor. "We sutured the cervix to stop the bleeding." explained the doctor. "I'm sorry for asking" Jimin muttered horrified.

"In Miss Hyun's case, it saves both her and the babies, but it means she can't give birth normally, so prepare for a C-section, after that, she'll need 24-hour care for a few days." the gynecologist turned to Namjoon.

"Babies? Is Arie carrying more than one baby?" Jungkook exclaimed in amazement. "Yes, she is pregnant with twins" nodded the doctor. "That's what I wasn't sure about. I could hear the pulse, but I couldn't see the baby during the exams. Apparently the little trickster likes to hide behind her brother" the doctor shook his head with a grin.

"Her? A boy and a girl?" Namjoon looked at him with raised eyebrows. "Full set" replied the doctor. "The little one is much smaller than her brother, that's why she successfully hides, but she won't be able to run anymore" joked the doctor again.

"It's rare at the beginning of the fourth month that we can't tell that the mother is carrying twins, but it does happen. Miss Hyun is extremely weak from the blood loss, even though we gave her a blood transfusion." the gynecologist looked around the group.

"From now on, she'll have to take retention medication to make sure she doesn't bleed again or lose one or both babies. She'll have to lie down a lot, no physical exertion" the doctor continued.

"Also, you need to make sure she gets a lot of strong food. Include lots of fish, beef, anything high in calcium and iron in her diet. She'll also take folic acid in larger doses." Namjoon nodded, listening intently.

"That's all, at least for now" the doctor finished. "Congratulations again, you'll be able to see her soon, but keep in mind she'll probably still be under anesthesia" he gave Namjoon a friendly squeeze on the shoulder and left them, walking down the hall.

"We're having twins!" Namjoon turned to his friends with a twinkle in his eye and a huge smile, his dimples shining in all its glory.

"You couldn't settle for just one, could you?" Seokjin laughed. "Kim Namjoon, the king, never does anything half-hearted!" Taehyung burst out laughing, hugging his hyung.

"No wonder Ari's belly got round so early" Yoongi joined in the banter and Namjoon glared at him. "My wife is not fat!" he growled and Yoongi raised his eyebrows in a grin. "That's not what I said, Daddy!" he laughed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6M 430K 68
❝How old are you❞ jungkook asked. You just put two fingers infront of him. ❝2!?❞he asked with a frown. ❝T-twenty❞you said nervously after shaking yo...
82.3K 1.8K 22
*some mature themes, you've been warned :)* "daddy, there she is! go talk to the pretty lady!" "daddy, is she gonna be my mummy?" "hey! what's up?" "...
13.9K 310 18
"you ruined me for the deed I have never committed" when the revenge took over him so much that he forgot the relation between them and ruined her li...
155 19 17
y/n - you lier....you told me that you will never leave me alone rm - I am with you my love.... don't worry my first ff friends do support and sugges...