π“πˆπ„π’ 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 ππˆππƒ |...

By RenAintNoSaint

𝑰'𝑴 𝒀𝑢𝑼𝑹 π‘ͺ𝑯-π‘ͺ𝑯-π‘ͺ𝑯-π‘ͺ𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑹𝒀 𝑩𝑢𝑴𝑩!πŸ’ "𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘒𝘨𝘰 π˜₯π˜ͺπ˜₯ 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘒𝘬 𝘢𝘱? οΏ½... More

π“πŽπ 𝐆𝐔𝐍: πŒπ€π•π„π‘πˆπ‚πŠ
𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒 πŽπ… π…πˆπ‘π„
𝐓𝐇𝐄 π„π‹πˆπ“π„
ππ€π’πˆπ‚ π…π‹πˆπ†π‡π“ πŒπ€ππ„π”π•π„π‘π’
πƒπˆππ’π“πˆπ‚πŠ
𝐇_ππ†πŒ_𝐍
𝐈 π€πˆπ'𝐓 π–πŽπ‘π‘πˆπ„πƒ
π’π“πˆπ‹π‹ ππ„π€π”π“πˆπ…π”π‹
𝐂-𝐁𝐎𝐌𝐁
𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇 π‚πŽπŒπ„π’ πŽπ”π“
𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 π˜πŽπ” 𝐃𝐀𝐃
πƒπˆπ’πŒπˆπ’π’π„πƒ
πŒπ€π•π„π‘πˆπ‚πŠ πˆπ’ 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃
π˜πŽπ” π“πŽπ‹πƒ πŒπ„ ππŽπ“ π“πŽ π“π‡πˆππŠ
πˆπ“'𝐒 ππŽπ“ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐄, πˆπ“'𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππˆπ‹πŽπ“
π–πˆπ‹π‹ π˜πŽπ” πŒπ€π‘π‘π˜ πŒπ„?
ππ‘πŽπ”πƒ
𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 π‚πŽπŒπ„π’ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππ‘πˆπƒπ„
π‡π„π˜ π‘πŽπŽπ’π“π„π‘, π˜π€ ππˆπ† 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃!
𝐒𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐋
𝐀 π‚π‡π‘πˆπ’π“πŒπ€π’ π“πŽ π‘π„πŒπ„πŒππ„π‘

πˆππ“πŽ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π€πˆπ‘

12.7K 320 39
By RenAintNoSaint

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎𝑹𝑬𝑩𝑬𝑪𝑪𝑨 𝑴𝑰𝑻𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑳𝑳✈︎

"Promise me you'll be safe today."

I roll my eyes as I slide another bobby pin through my hair. "I don't even know if they'll put me in the air yet."

Mom sighs. She's been worried sick about this mission for weeks, even now when I'm not even helping with it. "I'm sure they will-"

"Mom I got kicked." I snap my head in her direction. "I'm only going because we have trained for weeks and they need my support. If Cyclone happens to change his mind about kicking me then that's great. But it's unlikely."

She shakes her head. "You're so much like him."

I smile to myself. "I know."

"Gosh I just hope nothing goes wrong." She runs a hand through her hair.

"Don't speak it into existence!" I hiss.

"I'm sorry but your Dad is just so strong willed and with everything else going on-"

"You love him." I blurt out.

Her eyes widen as she looks to me. "What?"

"Mom you have never acted this way with any other man before. If you deny it then you're crazy." I shake my head.

"I-I know that but-"

"You're scared." I cut her off. "Scared he's going to leave again. Cause he always does." She bites her lip as she has a staring contest with the ground. "It's fine. I am too." I say making her look back up at me. "It seems every time I get close to him he just slips out of my grasp again."

"Yet he always has a good reason." She breathes out.

"He loves us. He loves you." I grab her shoulders. "He's not going to leave us again." She nods and engulfs me in a hug.

"Be safe." She whispers before letting me go.

"I will." I go to leave but my jewelry dish catches my eye. Oh no. "Where is it?" I panic

"Where's what?" She asks.

I start searching drawers. "My engagement ring. I-It was right here!"

"Don't panic! Maybe Amelia was playing with it." She tries to calm me down.

"I highly doubt that. She's the most tomboy tomboy I've ever met!" How did I lose that ring? I haven't even touched it!

"I'll look for it, you go on." She ushers me out of the bathroom. Shoot I'm going to be late.

I grab my things and head toward the door. "Don't die!" Amelia calls out from the couch.

I roll my eyes. "Don't plan on it, Mia!"

***

"Ready to fly old man?" I call out, getting Dad's attention.

He turns to me, his eyes light up. "You came!"

"Of course I did."

"I'm glad you're here." Dad smiles happily as he gazes at the aircraft in front of us.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." I smile back. I'm still upset about getting kicked from the mission. But they need all the support they can get.

"This is going to be dangerous..." he starts. "And I don't know if I'll-" I look over to him, he tries to find the right words to say.

"I know." I whisper. He turns to make eye contact with me. "But you're Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell. You're indestructible."

"I'm glad you think so." He licks his teeth, letting out a sigh. "I'm sorry." He looks back to the aircraft. "I've been a crappy Father."

"Dad-"

"You know when I tried to hold you back from all of this." He points to the equipment around us. "It was never because I thought you couldn't do it. It's just that after Goose..." he blinks back tears. "... I didn't want to risk loosing my daughter. You're all I have, sweetheart."

"I'm sorry I went behind your back. I just wanted a fresh start." I take a deep breath. "And I knew I could never live up to the Mitchell name."

"You already have." He shakes my shoulder. "You've exceeded all expectations. I am very proud of you, Cherry Bomb."

"Shut up you're gonna make me cry." I roll my eyes and pull him into a hug.

"My call sign is way better though." He teases.

"Now I'm definitely going to cry." I laugh, pulling away.

"Mitchell."

"Yes?" Dad and I say at the same time.

Warlock holds back a laugh. "You are where you belong, make us proud. The both of you." He nods, we nod back in response. "We're getting started. Are you two ready?"

Dad sighs. "Ready as we'll ever be."

***

"It was an honor to fly with you." Dad starts. All of the pilots stand lined up in multiple rows of two. There's one empty spot since I stayed standing by the exit door. "Each of you represents the best of the best. This is a very special mission. My choices are only reflections of that." The tension in the room is so thick.

"First Foxtrot team members." Cyclone looks at his notepad.

"Payback, Fanboy, Phoenix, and Bob." Dad says confidently.

"And your fire?"

He looks to the left. "Rooster-" He looks to me. "-and Cherry Bomb."

"W-What?" I choke out.

A lump forms in my throat as whispers fill the room. "Captain, she is not authorized-"

"Let me put it this way." Dad interjects. "If Rebecca doesn't fly, I don't either. We need her. I need her."

Cyclone licks his teeth. A bit of hope bursts in the pit of my stomach. "Whatever. Cherry Bomb, you're back on."

My fellow aviators clap as I run over and join them.

"The rest of you are in support roles on board..."

Rooster gives me nudge. "Guess you didn't have to fight for it after all." He whispers.

"I'm just that good." I grin cockily at him before looking back to the front.

"Your target is a threat that needs immediate attention. It's a secret uranium enrichment plant out of surveillance. In an underground bunker. Between these two mountains. There are 5th class warplanes at a nearby airport in the region. After you take off and cross the border from the USS Ladygulf to the enemy's airfield here..." Warlock points to the board. "...synchronized Tomahawk missiles will be fired. This will put their tracks out of play."

"But you'll have to deal with planes that have already taken off." Dad says. "As soon as those missiles land at the airport, they'll know you've arrived. Your arrival time at the destination
will be 2 minutes and 30 seconds. If it takes longer than that, you'll be on the radar of hijacked planes by the Tomahawks." He walks up closer towards us. "You were trained for this. Good luck and make it back home."

***

It's loud. We're getting ready for take off. I feel as if I could barf. In fact I might just do that. I feel a hand grab my shoulder.

"You ready!?" Dad yells over all the noise.

I nod. "I think so!"

"Think so? You better know so! I just fought for your spot back there! I'm in enough trouble as it is." He exclaims. "You're welcome by the way!"

"Good luck, Captain!" I yell. "I have to text Mom and Amelia!" He nods and turns away.

"Maverick!" Rooster stops him before he can get to far. Dad turns to face him. "Sir...I uh-"

"We'll talk after! Good luck!" Dad pats his back.

I pull my phone out and shoot a text to Mom and Amelia. "Going into the air. I'm back in."

"Why am I not surprised?" Amelia texts back.

"Good luck!" Mom texts.

"All personnel take their places for departure." A loud voice booms.

I head towards our plane.

"Hey, C-Bomb!" Hangman yells, getting my attention. "Blow them to smithereens!"

"Oh I will! You be ready for it!"

"Glad to have you back." He pats my shoulder and turns bumping into Rooster. "Give 'em hell, Bradshaw!" They shake hands and he walks off.

"Into the carriage, princess." Rooster calls out.

I quirk a brow at him. "That's a new one." I climb into the back seat of the plane, Rooster gets in the front.

This is really happening, and I've never been so scared in my entire life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 164 15
Emily "Falcon" Mitchell and Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw have known each other their entire life. With their fathers being best friends, it was obvious...
910K 25.8K 62
❝ i wanted you, you wanted me ❞ b. bradshaw x mitchell!oc top gun: maverick (2022) πŸ›© lowercase intended Β© hollywillow-
201K 5.6K 14
⎯ 𝙩𝙬𝙀 π™₯π™žπ™‘π™€π™©π™¨ 𝙩𝙀𝙀 𝙨𝙩π™ͺ𝙗𝙗𝙀𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙀 π™–π™™π™’π™žπ™© π™©π™π™šπ™žπ™§ π™›π™šπ™šπ™‘π™žπ™£π™œπ™¨ 𝙛𝙀𝙧 π™šπ™–π™˜π™ π™€π™©π™π™šπ™§. ...
45.8K 457 15
Lt. Serenity 'Tails' Lewis has been called back to TopGun, to not only focus on the task at hand that will be given, reunite with everyone but most...