Origin Of Albion

By EmrysUshio

This is a Merlin x Arthur fan fiction. I will be including some fluff and smut, but I dislike putting warning... More

Their Story Begins Again
The Kings Mind Begins To Open
Secret Hero
Albion Is Born
A Change Of Heart
Moving Forward
Dragoon The Dragon Lord
Confused King
Sorcerer's Chambers
Long Awaited Truth
Denial
Uncertainty
Unspoken Secret
The Knights Quest
Quest Continued
The Lakes Boarder
Aithusa's Future
The Knights Return
Caught Red Handed
The Kings Birthday
Acceptance Of A Mother
Careless Lovers
Keep Your Mouth Shut
Honest Men
Remnants Of A Father
Run From Your Heartbreak
Come Home
The Camelot Dragon
Supplies
Dejavu
Is it more than that?
Altered Gaze
Panic

A Secret Kept Once More

2.5K 68 17
By EmrysUshio

Despite the three knights awakening from a long slumber they all konk out extremely tired after walking for hours. Merlin and Arthur sit a few feet apart as to not look suspicious.

Arthur: Well done for bringing them back Merlin. You did well.

Merlin: I cant believe my ears, are you really praising me?

Arthur rolls his eyes.

Arthur: Doesnt make you any less of an idiot.

Merlin chuckles and looks down in thought, a faint sadness overcomes him.

Arthur: Everything alright?

Merlin: I suppose... Its just... I've kept a secret most of my life, and now I have to hide something else...

Merlin looks up at Arthur and smiles sadly.

Arthur frowns.

Arthur: It's only until we figure out what we really want... Im sorry it has to be this way for a while... I just dont know how to go about this.

Merlin smiles and sits back.

Merlin: Its okay. I understand its just, unfortunate thats all.

Arthur looks at the knights asleep then stands and walks over to Merlin, he then sits by his side.

Merlin: Arthur, what are you-

Arthur: Theyre asleep arent they?

Merlin looks at the knights then suddenly down at his hand as Arthur slowly intertwines his fingers with Merlins.

Merlin looks up at Arthur and Arthur stares back for a moment the two then simultaneously look in opposite directions out of embarrassment.

Merlin laughs a little and Arthur clears his throat and holds Merlins hand tighter.

Merlin: When did you realise?

Arthur looks back at Merlin.

Arthur: Realise what?

Merlin: That you felt differently towards me?

Arthur ponders for a moment.

Arthur: When I heard about everything you'd done for me, for the kingdom, I had so much gratitude towards you. Like I wanted to thank you until my lungs gave out.... Seeing you for who you really were... Made me... Change.

Merlin tilts his head. Arthur gets a bit flustered and clears his throat again.

Arthur: Merlin youre the one person thats been there, everytime. Even if you didn't agree with my choices. Even when I didn't believe you or care to hear your opinion. In the back of my mind was always you. I cared so much without realising. You were dear to me. Maybe you've always been more than a friend.

Merlin looks at Arthur and smiles a little feeling smug.

Merlin: You werent to bad yourself, I had to save your backside more times than I can even begin to remember though.

Arthur hits Merlin, and they both laugh quiety. Arthur still holding Merlins hand looks at Merlin. Merlin looks back and the two begin to eliminate the distance between them. Just as they touch lips a groan is heard and the two flinch back and let go of each others hands. Its Gwaine he has woken up.

Gwaine: Sorry nature calls.

Gwaine oblivious and half asleep wanders off to pee. Arthur looks at Merlin and gives a nervous smile. Merlin returns this and the two lay down, not too close to one another, but close enough to touch their fingers.

Gwaine returns back and they all sleep through the night.

~~~~~~~~~~

Morning comes and the group wake up and eat the fish Merlin previously froze.

Gwaine: Y'know Merlin, this magic thing isnt so bad after all. (With his mouth full) Can you magic me some chicken though?

Merlin laughs and shakes his head.

Lacelot: You expect too much Gwaine.

Arthur laughs as does Elyan.

They finish eating and head off, to save repeating, Merlin enlightens Elyan and Gwaine about things he has done while Arthur and Lancelot pitch in as they feel proud to know already. They all laugh and exchange stories, questions and answers.

Night eventually falls again, the last night theyll have to spend in the forest. As tomorrow they will reach Camelot.

The knights settled down once again and it doesnt take them long to drop off, Merlin and Arthur wait for this and then sit closer like the previous night.

Merlin: Tomorrow we'll reach Camelot.

Arthur: That we will, I'm excited to see the reactions of these three returning.

Merlin: Gwen will be so happy.

Arthur smile and nods. Merlin is silent for a moment.

Merlin: Do you really not think of Gwen anymore?

Arthur looks at Merlin then away.

Arthur: Its strange, but no... I appreciated our time together. We supported each other through and through, the love was real but.. It wasnt meant to be.

Merlin: So if Lancelot got with Gwen you wouldnt care?

Silently listening is Lancelot. He is eyes closed but very awake and listening closely. He awoke to hearing them talk about Gwen he did not hear their previous conversation.

Arthur: In all honesty Merlin. I couldn't think of anyone I'd be more happy with to be with her.

Lancelot opens his eyes wide. His back is turned to Merlin and Arthur so it is still unnoticed that Lancelot is awake.

Merlin: He does really love her.

Arthur: And she loves him... I hope the two rekindle.

Merlin smiles.

Arthur smiles also.

Lancelot releases one tear and smiles and closes his eyes with content.

Arthur: I know Gwaine and Elyan have been asking most of the trip, and youre probably exhausted... But can I see some of your magic?

Merlin: Any requests?

Arthur: Hmmm something.... Fierce.

Merlin tilts his head and glares as he was hoping for a pretty spell.

Merlin: If you say so.

Arthur chuckles and sits back and watches. Merlin looks on the ground and sees two sticks that look like they have arms and legs. He articulates them and makes them appear to fight with swords, but the swords are just more sticks.

Arthur: (Sarcastic) Thats... Extremely Fierce Merlin.

Merlin: Well everyones asleep I cant exactly put on a show.

Arthur chuckles again and lays down looking up at Merlin.

Merlin looks down at him and smiles, they havent had chance to be close or even kiss since the knights returned, it is effecting them both, but neither one speaks out.

Arthur holds his hand out and strokes Merlins leg. Merlin watches intensely at this. Arthur watching his hand also moves it slowly up Merlins thigh.

Merlin gulps and Arthur looks at Merlin, he then takes his hand away and smiles.

Arthur: Getting ahead of myself, I'm sorry.

Merlin: No no... I feel the same... When we get back to Camelot I'm sure things will be.... Easier.

Arthur nods and Merlin lays down again making sure not to be too close to Arthur.

The two look at each other and their fingers once again barely touching as they fall sound asleep.

Hello, I hope everyone is well, I'm staying up pretty late to write these so if there is any spelling or grammar errors I do apologise, when I started I went through and checked it was all okay but I'm so tired i struggle to do that now but i hope you enjoy all the same! (ᇴ‿ฺᇴ)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

541K 15.6K 129
When Merlin ventured back to Ealdor to help fight off Kanen, he returned to Camelot with someone else, his little sister, Miriam. With a fiery perso...
41.2K 1.9K 41
COMPLETE 'It was icy, and the water pulled him under and soaked him in coldness so his body went numb, Merlin continued swimming down the lake until...
7.8K 232 18
Merlin casts the the most powerful spell in the history of magic to save Arthur. It leaves him in a slump suffering the side-effects. Merlin is plag...
165K 6.6K 27
A Merthur fic set in canon era. After two years of putting up with his useless excuse for a manservant, Arthur begins to suspect that there may be mo...