Apocalypse - Dream SMP + read...

By imanartistnotawriter

!! DISCONTINUED!! - 20-11-22 THERE WILL BE NO ROMANCE BETWEEN Y/N AND DSMP WHATSOEVER!!! THIS IS JUST A STORY... More

uh hello
chapter 1 - sunrise
chapter 2 - apple
chapter 3 - crows
chapter 4 - gunpoint
chapter 5 - night
chapter 6 - research
update #1 - technoblade
chapter 7 - enderman
chapter 8 - tommy, pt 1
chapter 10 - backstory
update ;-;

chapter 9 - tommy, pt 2

193 5 2
By imanartistnotawriter

edit: OK so I've just noticed that during Y/n's POVs, I sometimes switch from 1st person to 3rd person, Im very sorry for the confusion lolll

Tw: mentions of death, mentions of wound, angsty backstory time >:]

-------------

Tommy POV:

"In all honesty, you and your friends were the first people I'd seen in three years" Y/n said, looking down while she picked at her fingers. Fucking hell, after a month, I'd finally found out who she was. Who The Person was.

"So, that was you who saved Tubbo's life?" I asked. Y/n looked up.

"What type of name is Tubbo?" she scoffed. I chuckled.

"That's not his real name, dipshit, that's just what we call him because apparently Toby is too fucking boring."

"Did he make it, then?" Y/n's smile wavered a bit.

"Are you kidding? If you hadn't helped him, that... that thing would've torn him limb from limb. Of course we would've thanked you but..." I waved my hands around trying to muster up words that sounded somewhat respectful.

"...if that asshole hadn't tried to shoot me?" Y/n finished with a sour look on her face.

Did she just call Wil an asshole? Fucking hell I like her already.

"That's Wilbur for you. Mr 'I'm going to be president one day, just you wait'"

Y/n burst out laughing.

"Wilbur??? Don't any of you have normal names??"

I couldn't even answer that, I couldn't stop wheezing.

"What about the tall one? With the mask?" she said finally managed to say after we composed ourselves.

"Ah yes, Ranboo, my old pal, mi amigo, we go way back." I said, waving a hand dismissively, ignoring Y/n's laughter at Ranboo's name. After she finally calmed down, the talk turned to more serious matters.

Y/n POV:

This guy was a fucking riot. Why couldn't this Wilbur guy have left me alone? I would've met him and his (other) friends WAY earlier.

"You guys really have bad luck with endermen, don't you?" I said, nodding at Tommy's bandages.

"What the fuck is an enderman?" I stared at him in shock.

"You don't know what an enderman is?" He shrugged.

"Never seen one. We don't have them back where I'm from, all we have are fuckin'-" He suddenly looked uncomfortable and didn't finish.

"Where... are you from?" I asked quietly. He avoided eye contact and mumbled something.

"If you don't want to tell me, that's fine, I get it, I didn't mean to be nosy n shit, Im sorry-" I said hastily.

"Lmanburg." Tommy interrupted. I gaped at him.

"L'MAN- sorry, L'manburg???" I said quickly, lowering my voice.

"I thought that place was only a myth made up by the government??" Tommy suddenly grinned.

"You're right, they did make it up. L'manburg wasn't a place until they gave us the idea. Now everyone thinks it doesn't exist and we can live in peace."

"Everyone? You mean there's more than you four??" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Tommy frowned.

"Did you not know?"

"Know... what?"

"There's about five factions left. After Doomsday most people died out of greed and starvation, but the few that remained left this place-" He motioned at the old buildings we were surrounded by.

"-which I think was called Manburg, look, how long did you say its been since you've seen anyone??" Tommy peered at me closely.

My head was spinning. I couldn't think properly. There were more people? They... they were still alive?

"I guess I just thought everyone else had... died." I whispered. It was stupid, perhaps to think that simply because I had left them behind, they had ceased to exist.

"Perhaps I'd better refresh your memory a bit... then you tell me your story?" Tommy said, surprisingly gentle as opposed to the energetic side he had just shown barely five minutes before. I nodded numbly. Tommy started talking.

"About 10 or so years ago, this world was one. No factions, or other countries, just this one place - Esempi. Most of my childhood everyone just lived, no-one ruled, no-one told anyone what to do, there were just unspoken rules that everyone knew and followed."

"Fast forward to 4 years ago, when this absolute dickhead, Ol' 'President' Schlatt, decided we needed a government. And don't ask me how he did it, but he pulled together an election. He dared the locals to step up and run against him. No-one did."

"Schlatt came from a wealthy family. Wealth didn't really matter to most of us, but there were still those who couldn't resist the thought of power. So when it came to Election Day, Schlatt and his merry band of morons had the public scared. He would've won solely off money and fear."

Tommy paused. He smiled at himself for a brief moment and continued.

"My brother grew up with Schlatt. They never really got on, always competing for top spot in everything. Except my brother always did it with honour and mostly dignity, whereas Schlatt did it for money and with greed. So we weren't really surprised when he volunteered to run for president against Schlatt."

"Bet he would've loved that."

"He was furious at first, but then I guess he remembered who he had with him. Some Mexican dude and another guy that never showed up. But anyway the public were a lot less scared when Wilbur got on stage-"

"Wait, Wilbur's your brother?" I choked. "As in the Wilbur who tried to kill me??"

"Adopted," Tommy said, shrugging.

"So yea, Wilbur got on stage, said some inspiring speech about doing a better job than that fucker, and it seemed to work."

"He won?"

"Well, no. Not exactly. Schlatt won by a landslide, again, out of fear. Wil did not take that well. First thing Schlatt did? Exile him."

"No!" I gasped.

"Yep. Didn't see him for about 2 more years. Until 'Doomsday'" Tommy splayed his hands out, forming an imaginary sign in front of him.

"What exactly was Doomsday?" I asked, my heart beating fast. Tommy looked grim.

"Wilbur had finally had enough. During his exile he met people. Formed alliances within Manburg's walls. Told me himself, he planned a whole rebellion. against Schlatt and his 'government'. Somehow he planted TNT everywhere underground. And I mean everywhere."

"Only problem is, he was betrayed last minute. Some fucker named Eret. They tipped Schlatt off and Wilbur lost the element of surprise. I guess he panicked and set the TNT off too early. Entire Presidential Building was destroyed, along with the Prime Church." Tommy sighed.

"Schlatt was able to get out with his men. The rest of our family only got out because Wil left Phil a rushed note, warning him to run for it. He was not pleased when he found it." Tommy scoffed.

"Who's Phil...?" I asked, upon hearing a new name.

"My adopted dad." Tommy admitted, although he didn't look embarrassed.

"I dunno much what happened, apparently he found me in a basket in the forest. Wilbur's his real son," he added. "but everyone knows I'm the favourite." Tommy chuckled and continued.

"As soon as Phil was sure we were safe, he went after Wil. He found him confronting Schlatt, along with The Blade."

He shot a sideways glance at me.

"Another brother?"

"Sort of. He's more like Phil's best mate, but he's really only a few years older than Wilbur. He's the fucking coolest. Gave me this axe, actually." Tommy picked up his axe from where it sat in between us. As I looked closer at the handle, I could see an engraving of a crown on it, followed by 'Axe of Peace.'

"So anyway, from what Dadza told me, Wilbur wasn't just confronting Schlatt, he was trying to take over from him as president. And apparently that made Technoblade really pissed. Yelled at Wil about replacing one tyrant with another, about how he had spent so long getting gear just for it to be wasted, and then Schlatt had a fucking heart attack and died, right on the ground in front of them'"

"Phil said he was too far to hear them, didnt want to get involved just yet n shit, but Wilbur started going insane. Laughing at himself like a fuckin' psycho, "I've won! This is my perfect victory, yada yada yada" And that's when Techno lost it, and he spawned a bunch of Withers. You know what those are?" Tommy asked, upon seeing my confused expression. I shook my head.

"Withers are... how the fuck do I describe them? Basically a three-headed spine that shoots stuff at you." Tommy said, waving his hands around.

"Jesus Christ."

"They destroy everything, they're fuckin' horrific. Does a shit ton of damage. So even after he set about a dozen of those off, Wilbur escaped. Somehow. No-one knows how, still won't tell us. Phil found him in this weird-ass room, fuckin' cackling to himself." Tommy inhaled.

"MY LMANBURG PHIL, MY GREAT UNFINISHED SYMPHONY" Tommy bellowed loudly, in what I assume was an imitation of what had happened.

"Phil tell you that?" I asked, trying not to laugh as Tommy's face turned red with the effort.

"Oh, nah, we could hear it. Of course I couldn't just sit around doing nothing, could I, besides, the Withers were getting awfully close. So I ran outside and heard Wil yelling."

Fuckin hell, this is one hell of a backstory, I thought, trying to list the traumatic events this kid had gone through.

"What happened next?"

"Wil finally set off the last bit of TNT. That room was a control room, he told us. Turns out there was a lot more than we thought. It was everywhere. Under the entire city. Did you never wonder why the roads are so fucked up?" Tommy waved his hand at where the ground was cracked and sticking up out of the dirt. 

"Everything was destroyed. At that point, the Wither's had done their job and had gone elsewhere. God it was fucking awful. Dead bodies everywhere. Blood on everything. I remember Toby- sorry, Tubbo screaming at me to run. So I did."

"Don't remember much after that. Me n Tubs ran into the forest and out the other side, where nothing was being destroyed. Eventually, Phil found us. He looked so defeated. His entire front was just covered in blood. He took us to this place a few days' walk north from here, where I guess we settled and started fresh." Tommy shrugged.

"Technoblade found us, thanks to Phil's compass, and then slowly our friends did too. Eventually Wilbur found his way, begging forgiveness, which for some reason we gave him." He snorted. "Dickhead. He's alright though, I guess. Pain in my ass mostly."

"So what about you? How'd you end up by yourself?"

My head snapped up. I'd zoned out for the last ten minutes. It was all so much to take in. Doomsday, the truth behind it, the fact there were people alive out there....

"Fuckin hell, where do I start..."

--------

1844 words holy guacamole :O

this was supposed to be one chapter aaaaaaaaaa

drink, eat, get off wattpad and then sleep <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

681K 41.9K 106
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
621K 14K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...