Irreplaceable

By bluscape

Virat was returning to the team after a gap of 6-8 months. No one in the team knew where he was ! Will everyt... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven

Five

1.4K 86 50
By bluscape

Rohit came in the room and saw Virat sleeping. He knew this was his way to shut everything out. He had seen in this past 6 months how much he was sleeping.

He sat beside Virat thinking what all had happened in this 6 months to change Virat so much and him too.

Flashback-

P.S.- Series and timings are fictional. So don't take it too seriously.

It all started when Virat was given almost one month break. Rumours were that he had asked it and partly it was true for one series.

He was still in London with his family. Team who was supposed to leave for WI in two days where also at that same hotel.

Virat was trying keep himself sane through all the trolls that were targeted on him regarding his form.

Anushka had noticed a visible change in him and tried to talk to him to which Virat just brushed off that he was okay.

What affected Virat the most was that Rohit, his Ro was also being targeted just because he was defending Virat.

Ro- Vi, chal na yaar! I am leaving tomorrow, dinner karna hai sath mai. Then we are gonna meet after one month.
He entered his room and said all that.

Anushka was at a brand shoot and was gonna get late. Vamika was with Sammy and Ritika.

Ro- Vi tu kya kar raha hai, itna time lagta hai kya ready hone mai?
(Vi, what are you doing? How much time will require to get ready?)
He asked as Virat was in bathroom since he entered his room.

Virat came out and wiped his face.

Ro- Kya hua tujhe, your face has become pale white. Are u okay?
He asked in concern as he came out.

Vi- I am okay, don't worry!
He said back getting his jacket on.

Ro- U are lying na?
He asked in doubt.

Vi- No, I am not! Chal ab late ho rahe the na?
He said.

As usual Rohit believed him for the nth time even though he was lying. He knew their relation was not changed a bit but he didn't know why he felt suddenly so detached with everything.

Ro- What are you thinking? You have been silent throughout the ride and now too.
He asked curiously.

Vi- Nothing, aise hi! Tu bata.. Rits and Sammy coming with you to the tour?
He asked diverting the conversation.

Ro- No Yaar, Ritzy ko kuch kaam hai! I am so gonna get bored u know, you are also not there and they will be also at home.
He whined to which Virat chuckled.

Ro- And listen, I am not here that doesn't mean u think about all these stupid trolls. And I know that's what was bothering you for a while.
He said softly making him understand.

Vi- I just don't understand why they have to blame you or my family. Whenever I see that I have this unsettling feeling. And nowadays this paranoid feeling doesn't seem to go away.
He said.

Ro- Don't worry Vi, kuch nahi hoga.

Flashback end.

Rohit was so wrong when he had said to Virat that nothing will happen.

Ro- Virat, wake up! We have match in the evening.
He said calling him.

Virat woke up rubbing his eyes and saw Rohit's concern face looking at him.

Ro- You okay right?
He asked to which Virat nodded.

They arrived at the match venue in the evening. Jassi was looking at Virat with longing eyes wanting to talk to him. But he hesitated seeing the cold look on his face and in his eyes.

Virat had nervous butterflies in his stomach setting foot on the field after 6 months.

'Even if it's 6 months, nothing has changed. You are still King Kohli who had made opposition shiver. And our greatest strength!'

Virat looked at his side at the person who was sitting beside him telling all this.

Vi- Do you really think so?

Jassi- I know so, bhai u will see when u step on the ground that how much people have missed you.

Vi- Except some of them.
He said under his breath but Jassi heard it.

Jassi- It's not like that bhai, I just didn't know what ..

Vi- You could have called Jassi. Atleast I expected u know. But I learned this the hard way that keeping expectations only leads to disappointment and heartbreaks.
He said left from there.

Virat went to grab water to calm himself down. He could not break down now. He felt himself getting worked up.

He felt a hand on his back rubbing circles trying to calm him. He knew who he was.

Ro- U okay right?
He asked in concern to which Virat nodded.

Virat took second bottle and emptied it in a min. He saw how concerned Rohit was.

Vi- Go, everyone is looking here only.

Ro- Let's go, it's time, we are fielding first.
He said instead.

They were bowling well. Yuzi had got two wickets already. It was Jassi who was disturbed and could not execute his Yorkers properly.

He again bowl a short ball and it went high up in air and Virat was underneath it. Virat knew how much Jassi needed this wicket and team too.

Rohit and Jassi were looking at ball which was high up in the sky.

He took the catch but resulted a massive blow on his back of the head. Everyone jumped in delight but Jassi rushed to him.

Jassi- Virat bhai aap thik ho?
He asked in concern.

Virat who just got up and was on his knees. Rohit called physio just in case.

Physio checked him and Virat was declared fine. They resumed the play while Rohit was very worried about him.

WI had put up score of 180 on the board in 20 overs. Rohit and Rahul opened the innings.

Rahul's wicket fell in second over. Virat came on the crease and everyone was screaming his name.

Vi- Anything you wanna warn me about?
He asked Rohit as he reached on pitch.

Ro- Uneven Bounce hai, so be careful about that. Already u got blow while fielding.

Virat nodded and went to bat. And as expected it was a RohiRat show. They chased the target with one over remaining.

Virat was exhausted by now. Due to the blow he got on his head and playing after so many days everything took toll on him.

Rohit saw that and told him that he will handle everything. He went to post match presentation.

Virat went to the dressing room and gulped down bottle of water.

Rohit came back and saw Virat was not there.

Ro- Where did Virat go?
He asked Jassi in particular as he saw him observing Virat.

Jassi- He went with the first bus.
He informed.

Rohit nodded and went to the second bus quickly. He knew Virat was not okay.

He received call from Ritika hearing which he could not control himself and tears were rolling down his cheeks.

He covered his mouth to control his sobs somehow. He was sitting on last seat.
'What is he gonna do now?' He thought.

Rohit rushes to Virat's room and saw him coming out of washroom getting freshen up.

Virat saw Rohit visibly upset and panicked.

Vi- What happened to you? Are you okay?
He asked seeing his stressed face.

Ro- I .. wo...
He said fumbling.

Aman came in their room. He saw Rohit stressed and panicked. He knew the reason.

Vi- Sit down first. Relax, ye le pani pi.. kya hua ?
He asked softly.

This was the first time Rohit was hearing soft voice of Virat after 6 months.

Ro- Wo.. Nush ..

Virat indicated him to continue but seeing no expression on Virat's face Rohit could not say anything further.

Aman- Sir, Anushka Mam has been admitted again to the hospital. She was hyperventilating so they had to shift her there.

Virat who was sitting beside Rohit stood up hearing that.

Aman- They are also telling to take second opinion so I have contacted doctor in Florida. I have made arrangements also if we have to shift her there.

Vi- Give me the phone, let me talk to the doctor or Ritika anyone who can give me update.

Ritika- Vi?

Vi- What's the update Ritika? How is she? Is she awake?
He asked trying to keep his worry aside.

Ritika- Doctor has said that they will observe her for 2-3 hours, then tell us what should we do! Keep her here or shift to Florida.

Vi- Okay, keep me posted.
He said and hanged up the call.

Vi- All the arrangements of travelling and everything should be done.
Ritika will come with the kids along with Nushkie. We will get confirmation in 2-3 hours.
Security should be proper, no one should know anything.
He said and went to the terrace.

Aman- Rohit sir, are u okay?
He asked Ro who was just looking shockingly at Virat who left the room.

Ro- Ya, go and check the arrangements Aman.
He said composing himself.

Aman- But sir ?
He said not wanting to leave him and Virat.

Ro- Now Aman!
He said sternly and called Ritika.

Ritika updated him everything in detail.

Ritika- You have to remember Ro, it's you who can handle him even though he behaves like he doesn't need you and it's not affecting him. It's only you!
She said softly and hanged up the call.

Rohit rubbed his face with his hands composing himself.

He went to the terrace and found him in same state as he was previous night. He was going to shout on him but decided otherwise and sat by his side.

Ro- Please stop doing that. It is gonna kill you slowly.
He said requesting him.

Vi- Acha hai na, u don't have to keep up with me. Everyone will be happy. Anyway I am loosing it.
He said.

Ro- Don't say like this please!

Vi- Sab kuch bikhar chuka hai, Ret ki tarah Hatho se Fisal chuka hai!
(Everything is shattered, has slipped from hands like sand!)

Ro- Vi,
Zindagi mai koi cheez itni nahi bigadti jise dubara thik na kiya ja sake.
(Nothing in life is so bad that it cannot be fixed again.)
So please throw it away.
He said softly, took the thing out from his hands and threw it away.

.
.
.
.
.
Next update!

Do tell me if you are liking this story! Hope some of your questions are answered.

See u in next,
Happy Reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 1.5K 19
two players who have been best of friends, two strong players who are known as the backbone of Indian cricket, the captain & the vice captain , what...
46.2K 2K 18
The two poles of Indian cricket team that stood together holding the team up high now no longer stand together. The friends who once spent each day...
41.1K 2.2K 21
One friend is going through a lot but hides it from his best friend. What will happen when the other comes to know everything? Will the relationship...
98.7K 9.7K 69
Time doesn't heal everything, Acceptance does! Peep into know more!