Lockers and Love

By Tivaholic

What would the NCIS team be like in High School? Ziva's the new kid in school when she moves to DC with her m... More

Character Descriptions
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter Thirty-Six

123 1 0
By Tivaholic

Graduation. The day where he and Ziva would walk across the stage, get their diplomas, and be finished with high school. He was looking forward to his next adventure, especially Ziva, but would miss his high school days. He would miss his brother and their group of friends, even though he had no doubt they would talk practically every day.

He couldn't sleep the entire night, hell he hasn't been able to sleep all week. He looked at the clock noticing that it was only 4 AM. He pulled out his phone, looking at the screensaver of him and Ziva on prom night. She was grinning at the camera while he planted a kiss on her cheek. It was one of his favorites. He unlocked it, clicked on Ziva's name, and pulled up the messages that they had exchanged. His ninja didn't normally wake up until 5 AM but maybe she was already awake, shook by nerves like he was.

Tony: Are you awake?

It was almost as if she was about to text him because she replied within a minute.

Ziva: Yes. Decided to get up earlier than usual today.

Tony: Damn, Ziva. Talk about an early riser. I couldn't sleep. Too much on my mind.

Ziva: What do you mean, Tony? It is just graduation, it is not the end of the world.

Tony: I wanted it to be a surprise.

Ziva: A surprise? Surprise for what?

Tony sighed, he wanted to surprise her during the actual ceremony, not over a text message. Maybe he didn't have to text it to her.

Tony: I know it's early, but can I come over? I just really need your help.

Ziva: Of course. I will unlock the back door for you.

This wasn't the first time one of them made an impromptu visit in the middle of the night. He quickly got out of his bed, put on one of his Ohio State sweatshirts, and headed out the door, not before writing a note for his parents should they wake up and him not be there.

He decided he would walk to her house, he needed the extra time to think. He needed to sort out his thoughts. When he did eventually make it to Ziva's house, he headed towards the backyard and quietly opened the backdoor so as to not wake up Rivka. He practically tiptoed up the stairs to Ziva's bedroom. When he opened the door, Ziva was laying in her bed, her lamp was on and she was facing the door, waiting for him. She smiled at him as he entered, and opened her covers up to him. He smiled and quickly climbed in to lay beside her. The room was silent for minutes he didn't care to count before she finally broke it.

"What is this surprise you wanted to tell me in person?" He sighed.

"The principal came to me last week. They asked me to be the valedictorian." Ziva sat up quickly.

"You are pulling my arm, are you not Tony?"

"Leg, and no...it's why I've been so nervous. I need to have a speech ready. What if I mess up? What if my entire career and future go downhill because I mess up and say something stupid?" He sighed, laying his head down on her pillow, inhaling her scent before closing his eyes. He had been trying to write his speech since the principal asked him to take this position for the Class of 2009.

"Oh, Tony..." She paused.

"You are the most amazing, kindhearted, and talkative person I have ever met. And I have met Abby." He chuckled.

"If anyone can give a speech in front of a crowd of people, it would be you. I am so proud of you. You have worked so hard for this, and it is paying off."

"It's all because of you." Ziva shook her head.

"This was all you Tony. I just saw the potential in you, you did the rest." He pulled her under him, lining their bodies up so that every inch was pressed against the other. Ziva looked up at him with hooded eyes, licking her bottom lip with her tongue. Tony was quickly growing aroused but he needed to get his head straight. He needed this speech for the ceremony this afternoon. He placed a passionate kiss on her lips, putting every emotion and every ounce of love he felt for her into it, wanting her to feel how much it meant to him that she believed in him. When he pulled back, he didn't move from his spot on top of her, liking the feeling of their bodies pressed together and the warmth that ran through him.

"Will you help me write my speech? Please?" He asked sheepishly. All week he had tried writing this speech and every time he sat down, nothing would be written down.

She looked up at him sweetly.

"Of course, I will help you, Tony." He sighed in relief. He knew he should have asked earlier in the week, but he didn't want to admit defeat and ask for help. Now here he was the morning of graduation without a single word on paper. He made a dash for a stack of paper and a pen on her desk. When he sat back on the bed, Ziva was sitting up, her back sitting up against the headboard. He sat next to her, paper in hand, wondering where he should start.

It was almost as if she read his mind.

"Why don't you start with your high school experience?" He chuckled.

"You mean other than being the class womanizer and maintaining C's in every one of my classes?" Ziva looked over at him.

"There is more to you than that. Think about basketball, your friends, your family." Tony thought it through. He may have acted confident, but inside, he was miserable at school. He hated the people he was around, but he wanted to be popular. He wanted everyone to know who he was and wanted them to like him. He chased after girls and was the school jock, caring about nothing and barely anyone. He obviously cared for his parents, his brother, Abby, and Jimmy, but when it came to other people at school, he couldn't care less. But now, he cared about Ziva. She was the person that brought him out of the dark hole he had been in for years.

She made him want to care for others that weren't in his immediate circle. She made him want to care for his grades and brought them up to a point where he was asked to be the valedictorian. She made him want to be a better person. Before he noticed what he was doing, he had written almost a whole page. He looked over at Ziva and saw that her eyebrows were raised.

"Maybe you had something to write after all." He grinned at her.

"Only because you opened my imagination." He planted a kiss on her lips. It was as if his mind was open and the words were as clear as day. He filled up two more pages, filling them with words of encouragement and humor that would even make Principal Vance laugh.

The sun was rising in the sky when he finished. When he set his pen down, he felt relieved. With the help of Ziva, he was confident his speech to the Class of 2009 would be a success. He left Ziva with a promise that he would return to pick her up later in the day.

When he walked into his house, he saw his father sitting at the table, coffee and newspaper in hand. The only acknowledgment he got from him was the raise of an eyebrow. He quickly climbed the stairs and opened the door to his bedroom. He had so much pint-up energy, he didn't know what to do with himself. Maybe he shouldn't have left Ziva so early. He decided to put on his running shoes and take his shirt off. A run would help him clear his mind and calm his nerves. He sprinted out the door, deciding to head towards the parks. The trails there would be more than enough to tire him. As he made it through the park signs, he took a look around at his scenery, realizing not for the first time how beautiful it was.

He thought about this past year. Thought about his family. Thought about his friends. Thought about Ziva. He even thought about college. He smiled at the thought of Ziva becoming a Buckeye alongside him.

His foot moved without his mind and soon he found himself right back outside Ziva's door. He knew he shouldn't bother her, especially after he already barged in early this morning. However, he couldn't help himself that he wanted to be near her. But, he knew she was getting ready. After all, today was a big day for her as well. He ran turned around and ran back towards his house, noticing when he got back that it was almost noon. He had exactly three hours before he walked the stage and graduated.

He made his way to the kitchen to see his mother and his brother cooking up some lunch. When they saw him enter, they smiled.

"Would you like a grilled cheese sandwich, Tony?" Jenny asked. Tony smiled, realizing at that moment how hungry he really was.

"Yes, please. Two actually." His mother smiled before getting back to cooking. Tony made his way to the fridge and pulled out a can of soda.

"Tony, will you get plates for me please?" He nodded, getting four plates out from the cabinet.

"Jethro, lunch is ready!" His dad walked into the dining room minutes later. It was nice to sit and eat as a family, even if it was grilled cheese that they were eating. His mom made the best-grilled cheese and she knew it was one of his favorites.

"Thank you for making lunch, mom." Jenny smiled.

"You're welcome. It is your big day after all." Tony smiled, taking a bite of his grilled cheese. He almost moaned out loud at how good it was.

When lunch was finished, followed by laughter and conversation from his family, Tony headed upstairs deciding it was time to get ready. He couldn't believe he would be walking the stage today. Couldn't believe he was taking the first step into the next stage of his life.

He changed into a sleek black and white suit, making sure it was straightened and perfect for the occasion. He fixed his hair to be formally spikey. He straightened his tie, making sure it was center before putting on the navy blue graduation gown and cap. He placed his three cords around his neck, making sure they were all even. He smiled at himself in the mirror. He had a purple cord, indicating his excellence in technical education. He had a green cord, indicating his position in the National Honor Society. His last cord was red, indicating his individual achievements and participation. He was proud to where each one and know that he earned it. Even if it had only been a year of straight A's, he had worked hard to gain these cords, to gain these accomplishments.

He owed it all to the Israeli beauty who owned his heart. She was the reason he decided to give a crap about school. She helped him see how much he could accomplish with his own brain. She was the reason he was graduating today. It seemed like yesterday that he saw her taking boxes inside of her house, and looking into her eyes for the first time. He would always remember the lightning bolt that seemed to have struck him down at that very second. He wouldn't change a second of it for the world.

He looked at himself in the mirror again. Smiling his 1000-watt grin. He was graduating, and he was doing it with Ziva.

___________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, 5 minutes away from Ziva's house, she was currently getting ready herself. She had taken a quick shower, washing her hair and curling it just the way Tony liked it. She had minimal make-up on, like she normally did, and stepped out of her bathroom. She looked at the beautiful knee-high white dress she had picked out for the occasion. Abby had helped her pick it out while on one of their shopping trips and she had instantly fallen in love with it. It was strapless with light ruffles across her ribcage. It accented her skin tone and made her look radiant. She quickly slipped the dress, admiring herself in the mirror before a knock sounded at her bedroom door.

"Come in." She somewhat yelled, figuring it was her mother on the other side of the door. Rivka stepped in a second later, barely containing tears at the sight of her. Her little girl was all grown up, ready to graduate and begin her life in college.

"You look beautiful, Zivaleh." Ziva smiled. Her mother was not the only one with brimming tears.

"Thank you, Ima." Rivka pulled Ziva into a tight hug, her head resting on Ziva's shoulder.

"Your sister would be so proud of you." Ziva couldn't contain the tear that rolled down her cheek. Tali had been gone for almost a year now, yet Ziva thought about her each and every day. Her little sister may be gone in flesh, but was still with her in spirit. She believed with all her heart that Tali would be laughing and crying alongside them at this very moment.

"And believe it or not, so would your father." Ziva looked at her mother sadly. Rivka sighed and took Ziva's hand.

"When I met your father, we were young and carefree. We didn't know of responsibilities or what the future would bring, but we did know that we loved one another." Rivka paused, smiling at the memory. Ziva listened intently. Even though she was angry with her father, it didn't mean that she didn't love him.

"When we got married, we enjoyed our life together each and every day. We were already parents as Ari was already born at that point, but when I found out I was pregnant with you, Zivaleh, I was overjoyed. A piece of your father and I coming into this world. When you were born and the doctors handed you to your father, tears flowed down his cheeks so freely. Something I had never seen from him before, not even on our wedding day." She smiled and then it vanished from her face.

"When your Saba died, your father changed. He had already been a part of Mossad, but not as an Officer. He was a communications liaison who went to work at a dangerous place but was never in any actual danger. When your Saba died, your father learned the truth of his death. He was killed doing his job and your father wanted to avenge him, so he enlisted as an Officer. I will never forget the day he told me of the switch. We yelled and argued until the sun went down. I didn't want him to be in so much danger. I didn't want to lose my husband or for my children to lose their father. Eventually, something in him changed. He became the man you remember him as. The man who yelled, and was judging everything that you did. But I knew the man that wrote his own vows for our wedding, the man that sung you and Tali lullabies so that you would fall asleep." Tears rolled down Ziva's cheeks, not caring that she was messing up her makeup. She had never heard the story of her parents before. It was always a tough subject to talk about, especially after her father's death.

"The many times we argued was over how hard he was on you, Ari, and Tali. I begged him to leave Mossad, but he refused, and eventually he became the Director, which made him close up even more. I know how he was to you, and I hate that things were like that, but he did love you. He always wanted what was best for you, for Ari, for Tali, and for me. Just as I love you. You are my daughter. My firstborn. I will love you with every part of my being until the end of my days and beyond. Do not ever forget that." Ziva nodded, pulling her mother into a tight and bone-crushing hug.

"I love you too, Ima." She couldn't think of anything else to say. She was practically speechless. Her mother never told her the real reason behind their arguments. Always said it was something married couples did. But now, she understood how angry her mother really was, how much she missed the man her father used to be. Eli had always been the hard ass in her eyes, but now, she realized he wasn't always like that.

Rivka pulled back from the embrace and wiped Ziva's cheeks. She was glad she was wearing waterproof makeup as she would definitely need to reapply after that conversation.

A knock sounded at the door, breaking up the moment, and making them realize that it was time to go.

"That must be Tony." Rivka nodded. Tony was driving her to graduation and his parents, Tim, and Abby were right behind him to pick her mother up.

Ziva's heart rate sped up as she opened the door and saw Tony on the other side. This was it. Tony held out his hand to her, wish she gladly took. He walked her to his car and opened the door for her to get in. Rivka hopped into Gibbs and Jenny's car and she could see them exchanging hellos. Minutes later, they all pulled out of the driveway and headed toward their destination. The ride was silent, excitement and nervous energy filling Tony's car. He reached over and put his hand on her thigh. She could tell he was more nervous. He never had any problem talking in front of people, but it would be different with the whole school looking at him.

She placed her hand on his, making him look at her before she spoke.

"Tony, it is okay to be nervous." Tony shifted in his seat.

"I just didn't think I would be the one to talk in front of everyone. And now that I am, I'm nervous I'm gonna mess it up." Ziva nodded knowingly, staring out the car window.

"What if you imagine your in a basketball game?" When he turned to look at her for a split second, she could tell he would need an elaboration.

"You have played countless games where everybody in the stands in watching you. You knew that, but you learned to tune them out to play the game. Maybe your speech can be like a game. Tune out everyone in the crowd and just speak." She looked at him, noticing that maybe his anxiety had gone down a little bit.

Before he could reply, they were turning in the school parking lot. The last time they would do so. But when she thought he was going to get out of the car, he turned in his seat and looked at her.

"Maybe your right. Maybe a can make it like a game. But, I'm gonna need a teammate." She smiled at him, before leaning over the center console and kissed him.

"I will always be your teammate, Tony." He smiled and planted another steamy kiss on her lips, wanting to cherish this moment before they walked the stage.

"I love you." He said sweetly.

"I love you too." With that, Tony hopped out of the car and opened the door for her. He took her hand in his and began the walk to the football field, his family and hers right behind them.

When they separated from their family and friends, they made their way to their spots, waiting to be instructed on what to do next. Due to their last names, they were separated onto opposite sides of the line. Tony was instructed that he would speak last, after the Principal, Vice Principal, and the Salutatorian, who was yet to be named.

As the minutes rolled by, Tony remembered Ziva's words. Pretend it's a game. Tune the crowd out and do it.

Not very long after, the Senior Class of 2009 walked out on the field, each taking their seats where they saw their name. Tony headed up to the stage and sat in his designated chair. Principal Vance took his place at the podium when it was time.

"Hello everyone, my name is Leon Vance and I have been the principal here at Michael Franks Washington for 15 years. It is my greatest honor to stand here before all of you and present the Class of 2009." The crowd cheered and Tony could just make out his family's faces in the stands. They were all smiling and clapping alongside all the other families.

"This year has been one of the record books. Our basketball, football, and track team all won Nationals tournaments, as well as state recognition. Congratulations to those teams. Now without further ado, may a welcome Vice Principal Thomas Morrow." Once again, the crowd cheered. Vice Principal Morrow shook the hand of Principal Vance and took his place at the podium.

"Thank you, Principal Vance. It has been a wonderful privilege to watch all these now adults grow during there time here. All of you deserve this day, and I am proud to be apart of it alongside you. This is the end of an adventure, but the start of a new one. New things are about to being, about to be experienced, and I hope all of you find happiness and joy in whatever you do. Thank you." With that, Vice Principal Morrow went back to his seat and Principal Vance once again took the podium.

"Thank you, Vice Principal Vance. I would like to introduce our two highest ranks in this graduated class. I would like to introduce our Salutatorian, Ziva David." Tony's head shot up to see Ziva climbing the stairs to the stage. His jaw dropped as she winked at him before taking her place at the podium.

"Thank you, Principal Vance. It is an honor to be standing here today as only a year ago, I was the new kid in town. I was so excited to start my new adventure, and I was not disappointed. This was the best year of my life. I met so many great people, from classmates and teachers, to my dearest friends. I met Tim, Abby, and least of all Tony. They made my experience the best it could be, and I will forever be thankful. Whatever you all decide to do after today, I hope you reach your goals, your dreams, and your inspirations. Thank you Michael Franks Washington for everything." She turned to him and smiled before making her way to the seat beside him. He leaned over to whisper in her ear.

"Why didn't you tell me you were the Salutatorian?" Her eyes twinkled.

"I wanted it to be a surprise, especially after you told me you were the Valevictorian." Tony laughed.

"Well, color me surprised." He leaned over and planted a quick kiss on her lips.

"Thank you, Ms. David. Now may a welcome this year's Valevictorian, Anthony Gibbs." The crowd erupted and he could see the surprised expressions on his family's face. He wasn't lying when he said Ziva was the only person he had told.

He took his place at the podium.

"Thank you, everyone who is here today. This year has been completely different from the first three. My freshman year I came into this school terrified." He could see alot of his classmates nodding in agreement.

"Throughout the years, I became someone that I wasn't. I did my best to fit in and be the person everyone wanted me to be that I lost sight of who I was, until this year. I met the one person who could change me for the better and made me realize I wasn't just a jock, I didn't just play basketball. " He looked at Ziva and smiled.

"I became a student. And apparently I was a good one." Again, laughter spread through the field.

"I want to thank everyone who helped me become who I am today, my parents, my friends, and the love of my life. Ziva, this is all because of you. I am standing here because of you, and I couldn't be more grateful." Ziva's eyes watered as he looked at her.

"Thank you Michael Franks Washington." His speech ended and not a messup was in sight. Ziva's advice had worked. This was a game, the end of the season. It worked like a charm.

The ceremony went through the motions and soon they were lined up to receive there diplomas. Soon it was his turn.

"Anthony Daniel Gibbs." He walked across the stage, shook Vance's hand, and took his diploma.

"Ziva David." Ziva walked the stage and was handed her diploma. She looked radiant and could see her mother crying happy tears in the stands.

When the rest of the names were called, they all lined up on the field.

"I would like to present to you, the Class of 2009. Graduates, you may turn your tassel." Tony and Ziva took their tassel in hand and turned it from right to left. He turned to her and pulled her in for a passionate kiss.

"I love you, Ziva."

"I love you too, Tony."

This was the end of a crazy adventure, but they couldn't wait for the next one.

What's next for Tony and Ziva and the rest of the 08? How will college affect Tony and Ziva's relationship? Find out in the sequel College and Love.

Thank you all for reading this story. This has been my baby for so long and I'm sad to see it end but like Tony and Ziva, I am excited for their next adventure. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 3.4K 87
Tony and Ziva will go undercover again. Something will change their life. They realize it will be hard but they can't live without it.
26.6K 971 41
This is my take on what life would be like for the Gibbs and David children in teenage years. Throughout the story, there will be many light, cheerf...
9.6K 418 28
This is a story for Jibbs and Tiva lovers. I personally do better with tiva but for jibbs lovers, I am adding them in. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ In this sto...
65.2K 1.4K 31
Tony and ziva, working partners in ncis- navel crime investigative service. They always flirt with each other and have tension/chemistry between eac...