Love, Claudia (BWWM)

By JasmynTailor

Written in my heart are songs of love, depth, genuinely immaculate love. But I have no words to speak, I find... More

Welcome
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Final Author's Note
From River to Claudia

Epilogue

1.1K 89 62
By JasmynTailor

It was the night before Claudia and River's wedding.

The night before everything officially changed.

Things had changed vastly since the Poetry Night turned proposal happened four months ago.

Claudia's talent opened a door for her to write for Gracious Poet's Magazine.

It was a remote job which would allow her to live as she pleased. Time with River, their future family, and most importantly, time to stay connected with God.

She was grateful for little beginnings in her bedroom that led to being scouted at her first Poetry Night.

"I knew you wouldn't be using that home for long," David poked his head into Claudia's bedroom. "I come bearing cookies and ice cream," He sang.

Claudia took a pillow and threw it at the door for old time's sake.

David came in with a tray along with Isaac, Denise, and Adrian.

"Oh, well, come on in," Claudia laughed lightly and made room for them all on her bed.

David took a seat beside her and placed the tray between them. "I never thought my youngest, little sweet potato, would be the first married," He said wistfully. "But you're marrying the best man I could think of for you,"

Claudia rested her head on his shoulder and simply listened.

It wasn't easy leaving them behind. But they would always be her family, and River's house was ten minutes away.

The first time she visited River's house was last month to get a feel for how she wanted to decorate the place, and she only stayed for two hours.

River was serious about keeping his word, and Claudia appreciated him for being earnest.

"I'm next, dad. I can't have my baby sister being married before me," Isaac said. "Though I knew this was coming when I saw their stare-off at the country club,"

His tone was light, but his eyes spoke of the loss they were all experiencing in the departure of Claudia.

"Guys," Claudia didn't like the somber mood. She was getting married in the morning. "I'm not going to war! I'm getting married. I don't want to have swollen eyes from crying because of you all," She explained pointedly.

Denise rolled her eyes and took a cookie. "We didn't even get a turn to be sad," She sneered teasingly. "There's a bright side to this; we don't have to live with dad anymore."

"I don't see that as a good thing, except I'll be relieved from your attitudes and snark," David said while pointing at all his children. "That means this old dude's got to get himself a woman, or a parrot, something to keep me company,"

Claudia took her pillow and smacked him with it. "Dad, no. No women and stuff, just be here, work, tell your cheesy jokes every time we have family dinner, and maybe get the parrot."

She wasn't against her father dating. It was just weird hearing him talk about the possibility.

"I second that notion. We can put you in a retirement home if you want some company," Adrian suggested.

David deadpanned. "I'm not old enough to be 'put' anywhere by my children; give me twenty-five years," He added twenty-five to his current age mentally. "I'll be eighty-four,"

"Next topic, please." Denise groaned but got an idea. "Claud, since you said we never ask about your feelings, which I agree with, I'd like to know something."

Claudia knew Denise was up to something mischievous. Something to make her blush and wanted to knock her in the head with a pillow.

Yet, she had to take the bait. She enjoyed the teasing.

"What? It better not be gross," She warned.

Denise waved her off. "It's not, you'll be cool with it,"

"Denise, don't ask her anything inappropriate." David told her firmly.

She rolled her eyes and rolled off the bed dramatically. "Wow, my own father assumes the worst."

Isaac helped her off the floor and patted her head. "Just ask your question,"

Denise smiled innocently. "I just wanted to know if River has any hot friends. I mean, we didn't have a wedding rehearsal, which is such a Claudia move, like who doesn't rehearse before a wedding?"

Claudia shrugged at the question. "They're handsome and friendly. And we don't need to rehearse, that's weird. I like just letting things flow as they will. Also, you're the one that missed the dinner last week, you could've met them then."

Denise hummed, making her thank God.

She was spared from Denise's weirdness.

A smile grew on her face as she looked at her family.

Claudia loved every second of being a McCallister, she loved her family, and she would miss them dearly.

But, tomorrow, she would become Claudia Delgato, which was something she looked forward to.

-

River was dressed and ready to wed his beloved darling, his sweet rosy cheeks, his Claudia.

Within the last four months, he'd been busy learning to walk with forearm crutches and painting the portrait of Claudia and her mother.

It wasn't much, but it was time-consuming.

His hard work would pay off as he stood at the altar waiting for Claudia to walk down the aisle.

Because he was paralyzed completely, the forearm crutches would only be used to stand for a moment.

But it would be worth it.

"Do you think she'll show?" Cree whispered to Diego.

Diego nodded and elbowed him in the gut. "Don't ask that question."

"Cool," Cree answered. "If one of Claudia's sisters is attractive, I'll be part of River's new family soon,"

Diego chuckled and shook his head. "I don't think so, I know Adrian, she's probably not looking for love, though Claudia does have two more sisters,"

"One for you, one for me." Cree wiggled his brows and walked over to River. "You ready?"

"Since six months ago,"

"Six? You proposed four months ago," Diego corrected him.

"I proposed four months ago, but I've wanted to marry her for six. Probably sooner than that," River knew that Claudia was the woman for him. It just took time to allow their relationship to grow.

"Well, it's about time to head into the sanctuary. Some old grump is set to wed a bright-eyed beauty," Cree teased and led the way to the sanctuary.

Meanwhile, Claudia was counting down from fifteen with her father.

"Seven, six, five, four, three, two, one." David counted slowly. "You got this, sweet potato," He encouraged his panicked daughter.

Claudia smiled shakily and ran her hands down the side of her gown. "What if I trip? Everyone will remember me tripping down instead of being elegant,"

David placed his hand on her shoulder and held her in place. "You will be an elegant, beautiful, graceful, and groove dog bride," He winked to lighten the mood.

Claudia laughed anxiously. "Is it time to go in now? Did the girls go yet? If they haven't, I can skip them, it's fine. We didn't to rehearse anyway, maybe I would feel better if we had a rehearsal, why didn't you make me have a rehearsal, dad?" She ranted.

"Claudia, we can't change anything. Time is up to rehearse. Your sisters are about to go in now."

And just as he said, Denise walked out, then Adrian, and finally, it was Claudia's turn.

"Do I have to go in front of everyone? Can't I just walk in through the side door? It's easier that way," Claudia pleaded with her father.

David shook his head and opened the door.

"No turning back, sweetie." He whispered and linked arms with her. "Look," He nodded toward the end of the aisle.

All eyes were on the stunning bride as she walked down the aisle slowly and gracefully.

Yet, the bride found herself taken with tears.

He was standing.

Her gentle River was standing.

She was most grateful for her father's strong arm, as she would've stumbled.

It was a blessing.

And River, he was captivated as always by the beauty of his Claudia.

It was different today.

Today marked the newness of their love.

It marked the change in their relationship forever.

The day they took a vow before God to remain as one until their time on earth ended.

She looked extra beautiful.

Resplendent.

David took Claudia's hand and placed it on River's shoulder.

"I know that you will cherish my daughter; she will do the same for you." He kissed Claudia's temple and sat on the front row.

Gino, the officiant, nodded at the pair with a kind smile.

"Today before God and you all, River Delgato and Claudia McCallister pledge their devotion to one another in Holy Matrimony. Marriage is no game or test trial; marriage is a gift created by the blessed Creator. Please, as you go on with your lives from this day on, understand that oneness with Christ is the only way you can truly be one with your spouse. Oneness with Christ is only attained by abiding in Him, you can only abide in Him if you keep His Word, and you can only keep His Word by reading it, prioritize God and His Word above all else, and all these things will be added to you,"

He motioned to them.

"Now, I ask of you both, are you ready to take on this life with Christ as one? I believe that you are; when you aren't, seek the Holy Spirit, and He will sustain you. We aren't promised happiness or a perfect life, but we are promised the Holy Spirit; He is always with those He lives within. Seek Him, please. When you don't know how to love Claudia, seek Him, River. When you don't want to speak about how you feel to River, seek Him, Claudia. When you're overjoyed, seek Him; in all things, seek Him."

"As the couple has spent their entire relationship open and honest about their dedication towards God and each other, they have chosen to recite traditional vows today." He explained. "River,"

"I, River, take you, to be my cherished wife and these things I promise you: I will be faithful to you and honest with you; I will respect, trust, help, and care for you; I will share my life with you; I will forgive you as we have been forgiven; and I vow to always serve you, our family, and God; through the best and worst of what is to come as long as we live. I pray that we live as one with each other and with Christ."

Claudia smiled nervously and took a breath before she spoke. "I, Claudia, take you, to be my forever genuine and gentle husband and these things I promise you: I will be faithful to you and honest with you; I will respect, trust, help, and care for you; I will share my life with you; I will forgive you as we have been forgiven; and I vow to always serve you, our family, and God; through the best and worst of what is to come as long as we live. I pray that we live as one with each other and with Christ."

Gino smiled at them both. "Now, exchange the rings." He urged them lightly.

Claudia looked behind her, and Adrian handed her the ring.

River took the ring from his suit pocket.

He took her pretty hand and slid the new ring onto her finger.

Claudia took his beloved hand and slid the ring onto his finger. "It looks great on his hand. Bless the Lord for those hands." She murmured without thinking.

River chuckled with gladness in his heart. "It's nice to know how much you love them," He teased.

Gino cleared his throat and nodded at the onlookers. "As you can all see, the bride and groom are eager to be wed."

His remark earned chuckles.

"Take your time." David said unashamedly.

"To God be the glory and honor, and by the state of Maine, I now pronounce you Husband and Wife, Mr. Delgato; you may now kiss Mrs. Delgato,"

River pressed a simple kiss onto his wife's lips and took a seat in his wheelchair. And with a swift motion, he took her into his lap.

"Mr. and Mrs. Delgato welcome you all to make your way to the reception hall as they take time for themselves to revel in this bliss. Thank you all," Gino announced, and with those words, River wheeled himself and Claudia to an office in the back.

There awaited a surprise from both the bride and the groom.

Claudia kissed River's cheek five times. "I love you." She said between each kiss.

"I love you too, Claudia Delgato," He could say that forever and still smile. "I made you something; it's part of why I've been busy,"

He wheeled behind the desk, took the covered canvas, and placed it on the desk.

"Close your eyes," He told her, and when she did, he uncovered the canvas. "Now, open them."

Claudia's eyes opened, and instantly, her mouth dropped.

She was speechless.

It was mindboggling.

"The day I spoke with your father about marrying you, I saw a picture of her. She's beautiful, and I thought of how much you must miss her. God gave me the wits to paint you and her,"

He was glad to see her eyes filled with tears and her lips trembling.

"I-i, you don't understand how amazing this is," Claudia whispered. "I never thought I'd get to see us again, and you've done this," She hugged him tightly and kissed his neck tenderly. "Thank you so much. It makes my gift seem bad,"

"Nonsense," River scolded her. "When we have a baby, I'll do another for you."

Rosy cheeks were on queue.

"Here's my gift. It's not much, but it's from my heart." Claudia took the sealed letter from her gown pocket and handed it to him.

River admired the letter. "I love it already, and I love your heart; I love everything that you do." He told her and carefully broke the seal.

'Written in my heart are songs of love, depth, genuinely immaculate love.

But I have no words to speak, I find myself tongue-tied when you're near.

Know this, if I cannot say, I love you. I do.

To quote the dearly loved bride of Solomon,

'His mouth is full of sweetness, and he is wholly desirable. This is my beloved and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.'

Our love is pure, my darling. For you have touched me in the deepest way, yet, you dared not to hold me near.

You have sung a song of pure delight of the way you treasure me, yet, our words are minced not to awaken the torrents of sweet love from the Lord above.

These words are true, know that I love you.

Truly.

Love, Claudia.'

River folded the letter and put it in his suit pocket.

"You've written a song from the pages of your heart, Claudia. Thank you, thank you, thank you. God knows how blessed I am to experience your delicate love firsthand, to be the one who gets to love you forever; I am grateful. I love you so very much, Claudia Faith."

-

The festivities were long over.

The excitement had yet to die down, simmer.

And finally, the torrents of love were awakened.

There it was.

Not an act.

Not a word.

Not timed.

Simply love.

Love made.

Love given.

Love received.

Love experienced.

Through service, through words, through dedication, through gifts, through caresses.

Love.

Love.

Loving patiently. Loving attentively. Loving peacefully. Loving selflessly.

Moments of devotion and wonder.

Love in the whispers.

"Hey,"

"Hey," River whispered back.

"You're really sweet," Claudia yawned while tracing hearts on his cheek.

"You're a blessing," He countered with a refreshed smile. "I love you, baby." He kissed her forehead and swiped her eyebrows downward. "You're so pretty, always, always my pretty wife. My beautiful wife, my lovely wife," He serenaded her. "I pray to always be one you can talk to. I love you,"

Claudia snuggled closer to him; he was warm and cuddly. "I love you, love you, lovey youuu," She mumbled tiredly. "You's so cute and nice,"

River chuckled, making his chest shake.

Claudia tapped him lightly and shook her head. "Stop making noise. It's bedtime, Hotwheels,"

"Whatever you say, Mrs. Delgato." River pecked her cheek and took to rubbing her back to help her fall asleep. "I'll tell you a story. Once upon a time, there lived the world's most beautiful woman, she was kind, loving, lovely, gentle, and conscientious, and she loved a man who didn't believe she'd look his way. He wondered how and why in the beginning, but as their friendship grew into something more, he understood that blessings come even when you feel unworthy. So, instead of questioning God, the man thanked God and lived to please Him. It would never be enough, but the man knew that God's grace was sufficient,"

Claudia was drifting off at the calm tone of River's voice. "The woman loved the man; she loved him in a way she didn't think was possible. She was grateful to God. And she too lived to please Him, even if, even when," She added with a few yawns.

"Keep talking, but don't say anything interesting," Claudia murmured and closed her eyes.

"Hamburgers were invented in Philidelphia when a man named Ham met a woman named Burger. Steve Ham and Julia Burger fell in love. When they wed, instead of Julia taking his name, they decided to mesh their names, creating the beloved Hamburger."

"Really?"

"No, but it sounds real, doesn't it?" River chuckled softly.

-

Claudia hummed in delight as the delicious chocolate-covered cone entered her mouth. "Man, this is good," She leaned on River and gave him some.

River smiled at her sharing for once. "Thank you, baby."

She was selfish when it came to sweets, snacks, and food altogether.

River loved his selfish wife.

"Guess what," Claudia tapped his nose.

"What?"

Claudia deadpanned. "You're supposed to guess, lovely husband, whom I love dearly,"

"You're selfish when it comes to food?"

Claudia elbowed him in the stomach. "No. Not even close. I just so happen to be pregnant,"

"Oh," River said. "Oh," He said again.

Pregnant.

"When? How long? You're pregnant?" He could've puked and cried. The news sent butterflies to his stomach. "My God, wow,"

"When, right now, duh. How long, about two months, and yes! You're gonna be a Daddy, River Delgato. Or shall I say, Hotwheels," Claudia bopped his nose.

Two months.

They were only married for three.

It was a blessing.

River chuckled from the bottom of his heart. "I love you so, Claudia Delgato. You've made me the happiest man alive,"

-

On the coast of Maine, in a small town of Oakley, lived a girl called Claudia.

She had the finest clothes, shoes, jewelry, but still found significant lack.

She sought the Lord, her dear Father, her beloved Friend, and He sustained her.

Years came and went, and in the air, she knew change was afoot. Her moment in time, the trek from girlhood to being a woman was here.

And in the trek, she found a friend in the least likely. A man called River, steady as his namesake, kind as a breeze in summer, and gentle as the first touch.

They bonded and found no shame in their moments of silence that left no need for a word to be spoken.

He was everything she ever dreamed of. She was his song in the night.

When they loved, they loved purely, surely, greatly, and Godly.

With touch being scarce and words left unspoken, their love still blossomed.

Purely, surely, greatly, Godly.

And when he asked, she agreed wholeheartedly.

And when they became one, there followed peace, love, harmony, faithfulness, and God in their midst, as their covering, fortress, peacemaker, peacekeeper.

Now, as she looked back, as she penned a piece of her heart to paper, she found the moment wasn't something she could pinpoint.

It wasn't something she even noticed.

It happened in the silence, in prayer, in surrender, in tears, in peace, in love.

And as she wrote, it was true.

The girl in the small town of Oakley, Maine on the coast, was now a woman.

Praises to the Lord for simple beginnings that led to a greater something, she glorified the Lord.

Thankful, grateful, glad, joyous, looking upward always.

Thank You, Lord, for it all.

Love, Claudia.

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

774K 28.7K 21
"Bu...But we are married" I tried to defend myself "But I don't consider you my wife, get the hell out of my room" He yelled I couldn't help but ju...
433K 15.3K 25
Blossom and Bloom Graceful and Tender - She couldn't believe her ears, or her eyes. Her husband, the man she loves, the father of her unborn baby, wa...
4.3K 191 86
Get ready to dive into the captivating story of teenage couples as they navigate the treacherous waters of high school and strive to make their relat...
653K 39.7K 58
Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a memory... You know you're in love when you can say anything to the person and you know t...