1865 ; jungwon

By jaykehour

Jung Minjoo always admire the historical heartwarming love story of Yang Jungwon, an ordinary average man and... More

INTRODUCTION
TRAILER
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45 (FINAL)
EPILOGUE
SEQUEL: 2025

CHAPTER 14

2.9K 260 189
By jaykehour

Jiyeon stared at herself in the mirror. Her eyes examining the details in her hair hair and the accessories that she is wearing.

"You look absolutely stunning, my lady. "

Her gaze going to Chaeha's reflection. She raises her brow in a teasing way.

"You sure? "

The servant smiled, nodding her head while giving Jiyeon a thumbs up, a thing she has learned from the other. "Pretty sure, my lady! "

Jiyeon laughed, shaking her head. Her eyes once again landing on her own reflection.

Truth be told, she's nervous. Nervous because, well, the lessons she had been attending, she must apply them. And she is not sure if she will succeed acting and moving like a 'proper' lady.

But what makes her nervous the most is Jungwon. The history. The things that will happen at the ball.

Jiyeon is certain that the man will attend the event. Because first, it is said that she and him 'met' at the ball. Their story started at that ball. Second, it is written in the history that he attended the ball as it's part of his job as a journalist.

After staring at her reflection for a bit too long, Jiyeon finally leave her room.

"Look how beautiful my daughter is! " The woman who's waiting for her daughter, exclaimed while looking at her daughter adoringly. "I'm sure Lords will fall in line just to have a dance with you. "

Lords.... But I only want to dance with him.

Jiyeon thought. Though she smiled, thanking her mother as they were escorted out of the mansion.

Her father and her brother are already at the place where the event was being held. They left earlier as their presence were needed as soon as possible, especially that the ball is a celebration for them and their business.

It took almost half an hour before the carriage Jiyeon and her mother are riding, came to a halt. Jiyeon's eyes immediately spotted a few people dressed formally outside the venue.

"Come here, Jiyeon. "

Jiyeon nodded and followed her mother to the entrance and inside the hall.

The sight of round tables, decorated with flowers and candles immediately came to her view. And just like what she expected, the hall is full of people.

"Mother, Jiyeon! "

She averted her gaze to her brother who kissed their mother's hand.

"You finally arrived. " Jungsoo added.

"Of course, where is your father? " Mrs. Min asked, eyes roaming inside the hall.

Jiyeon just stood there awkwardly. She didn't know what to do nor what to say. That's why she is quiet while her brother and her mother are conversing.

Soon enough, Jungsoo led them to their table. Jiyeon thanked her brother who pulled her chair for her to sit down.

She roamed her eyes around, in hopes to see a familiar man but to her dismay, she didn't saw him.

People come and go to their table. Mostly talking to her father and brother. Some young men also approach her and despite the urge to shut them off, she did not.

Not when she's with her family. Not when her mother is giving her those eyes, totally expecting something.

Especially when those young men are son of wealthy people. Son of dukes.

"Can I invite you on the dance floor, lady Jiyeon? "

Jiyeon stared at the man's hand that is lifted mid air, asking for hers. She glanced at her mother who gave her a meaningful look while raising her brows.

She pursed her lips before giving the man a forced smile. She accepted his hand causing the said man to guide their way at the middle of the hall.

A genuine smile spreading on her lips upon remembering something. Something that is written in textbooks in present times.

"While dancing with the lord Park Jongseong, Jiyeon found Jungwon in the corner of the room, staring at her with those sparkling eyes. "

That is what written in the history. That is the first time they laid their eyes to each other's, according to those textbooks.

So Jiyeon is expecting. She is highly expecting that she will lock eyes with the man she's admiring. That's why once she and the man who she learned the name as Park Jongseong started dancing, that is when she started roaming her eyes around her.

She never once looked at the man in front of her as her sole focus is to find him in the crowd and in every corner of the room.

"Eyes here, lady Jiyeon. "

Jiyeon looked at him on instinct making the man smile.

"Are you looking for something? "

I'm looking for someone.

Jiyeon wanted to voice out that thought but she chose not to. She doesn't want the man to know as there is a possibility that he will tell her parents. Or to her brother.

That's why she shook her head, forcing a smile. "I apologise if I may seem like I'm looking for something. I'm just still quite surprised how many people attended this event. "

And that's how the conversation goes on. Jiyeon always take secret glances around her, in hopes to see him.

And once again, she didn't.

She did not see him nor took a glimpse of him even Lord Park Jongseong returned her on their table. And it is confusing her.

Is this not the dance where I saw him?

Or there will be another dance with Lord Park?

Jiyeon chose to believe those thoughts that starting to form in her head. She chose to believe those than to question things and confused herself even more.

That's why she is waiting for lord Park Jongseong to take her to another dance.

She waited.

And waited. But he didn't. The man did not approach their table once again. Though even he did, it is not her direction he always goes. It's her father's or brother's.

After a few hours of just sitting there and talking to people who approaches her, Jiyeon asked her mother if she could leave a bit and explore the other corner of the hall.

And thankfully, her mother agreed. That's why Jiyeon found herself strolling in the middle of the crowd.

Truth be told, she's just looking for him. If it's not Jungwon, then she would probably leave the place already or stay at their table and do nothing.

But that's not the case for Jiyeon right now as she was determined to find him in the crowd.

Was because after almost an hour of just going around, she gave up, thinking that maybe Jungwon already left the place.

But instead of going back to their table, she decided to go up the stairs and stay at the terrace she saw earlier.

Unlike the ground floor, only few people are in the second floor. Especially in the part where the terrace is as it is close to none.

Jiyeon stood there, leaning on the railing as she looked above her, at the night sky.

If Jiyeon is being honest to herself, she's afraid of what's happening. Or what will happen.

She did not know if it's right to doubt the 'story' of Jiyeon and Jungwon that is written in those history books. Don't get her wrong, she's not questioning the history.

She's just.... Confused?

Things are already not in place, not in order even. The things that are happening and happened to her in this era is not matching with the story of Jiyeon and Jungwon that is written in the future.

Maybe there's a little conflict when they are writing their story? Must be it.

Jiyeon closed her eyes while heaving a sigh. These thoughts are stressing her.

"You're not supposed to be here, lady Min. You're supposed to be downstairs, with your family. "

Jiyeon's eyes shot open upon hearing a familiar voice near her. And there she saw the man she was searching in the crowd, the man that's in her mind and the man that she's admiring for so long.

"You're here... " she whispered, eyes not leaving the man next to her.

Jungwon nodded, looking ahead of them then back to her as he asked,

"Were you looking for me again, lady Min? "

And Jiyeon slowly nodded as an answer, bringing a smile to the man's lips.

"I'm glad to know that. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.4K 1.2K 23
A story about a girl named Minyoung who suddenly get close with her long time crush who rejected her before.Lot of things happened but will both of t...
4.7K 466 11
Duke Jungwon did not expect to fall in love with Saito Mai, a mere slave. He showed great leadership right from the very start, yet he showed no inte...
28K 1.6K 21
Yang Jungwon was a pill to Im Hani's anxiety. Being a hopeless romantic was never a term in Jungwon's book, yet why is he daydreaming of how he'll ge...
32.4K 2.2K 36
❝ I never said I'd fall for you ❞ ❝ But you did, in mud if I may add ❞ ↳ when ahn y/n wishes to stop her strange nightmares at 11:11, yang jungwon fr...