1865 ; jungwon

By jaykehour

Jung Minjoo always admire the historical heartwarming love story of Yang Jungwon, an ordinary average man and... More

INTRODUCTION
TRAILER
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45 (FINAL)
EPILOGUE
SEQUEL: 2025

CHAPTER 7

3.7K 298 99
By jaykehour

No phones.

No computers.

No TVs.

Minjoo rolled on her bed out of frustration and glared at the ceiling. She didn't know how to kill the boredom that's eating her alive at the moment.

It's been days already since she realized that she is, indeed, in the past. At first, she did not want to believe it. She tried to deny that fact by escaping once again and again and again.

And again.

And all those attempts were a total failure, as expected. Given by the fact that there are a lot of maids in the mansion, Minjoo just accepted her fate and gave up escaping the said mansion.

Everyone was calling her 'Jiyeon' and she's growing accustomed to it. It's not like she can do something to that anyway.

But didn't she want this? To be Jiyeon or be born at the era where Jungwon and Jiyeon exist?

I wished for this, didn't I?

Minjoo sighed, eyes landing on the portrait of 'Jiyeon' that she hung on the wall the other day. She asked the maid who has been accompanying her before about 'her' protrait or any kind of photograph she has and so the servant showed her that.

So Minjoo took that portrait and hung it on her room's wall. It is to remind her that she's in a different era and in a different body.

Jiyeon's body to be exact.

She rises to her feet and walked towards the portrait. It is the same portrait she saw inside the museum that day before the incident that leads her to be here.

The only difference is that the portrait in front of her looks new than the one in the museum. And it's understandable because of the time gap.

Minjoo lifted her hand and touched the portrait, her fingers sliding the delicate paper.

"I'm not supposed to be here. " she sighed. "You're supposed to be the one controlling your body, not me. "

Minjoo isn't sure why she's here. Why the universe let her travel to this era. Is it because it is so done hearing her complain and wishes about wanting to be that woman or at least be born in their era so they granted her wish to be in Jiyeon's body to know what it feels like to be her?

Or they let her be here to witness the love story she admire the most?

Minjoo is not sure but what she's sure is, she is seeing Jiyeon's life. And so far, it is perfect.

Of course, it's the people who were against them anyway.

She thought, rolling her eyes upon remembering Jiyeon and Jungwon's story.

It's the people, the society, were the one who are against them. They are the villain in their story.

Minjoo sighed once again, hand dropping to her side. She walked towards the tall window in her room and looked outside, to the garden in front of the house.

A smile forming on her lips as her gaze landed on a certain spot where she had a real conversation with the Yang Jungwon.

Oh gosh, up until now, she could not believe it. And just remembering that moment, she wanted to jump and squeal with delight.

It's just she couldn't believe it.

Though her smile faltered when something popped in her mind. It's a realization of something.

Minjoo's forehead creased in confusion.

But didn't they met at the ball and not in the garden? It's what is written in the history textbooks.

Indeed, it is. Minjoo remembers it well. Of course, it's her favorite story after all. In fact, she could not count how many times she already read that story. All she knew is that she always read it to the point she already memorised it.

And it is not mentioned there about them seeing each other for the first time in front of the Min's mansion.

Or maybe they already met before I can get here?

Minjoo nodded her head. "It must be. " she whispered, eyes still glued at the spot where she met the man a few days ago.

A sound of a knock was heard inside the room, snapping Minjoo from her thoughts as she faced the direction of her door.

The door opened, revealing Chaeha, her 'personal' servant just like what the girl told her when Minjoo asked her why she's always with her, tailing her.

"What's up? "

Chaeha tilted her head, totally confused at the word her lady Jiyeon used. She looked at the ceiling then answered,

"It's the ceiling, my lady. "

Hearing Chaeha's confident answer made Minjoo laughed. Not only because she find it funny but she also feel so stupid for asking such, knowing that this term might not be existing and using in this era.

Minjoo shook her head, apologising after. "What brings you here? "

Chaeha smiled. "Madame said you should not leave this room as the physician is on their way here to check up on you. "

Minjoo nodded. It's not like she's planning to leave the room either.

"Alright, I'll be waiting here then. " she replied. The servant bowed her head before leaving the room, closing the door gently.

Doctor Jeon, the physician.

Minjoo couldn't help but to laugh upon remembering when she first saw that doctor. She thought it was a priest because of the way he dressed, turned out that he's a doctor. You couldn't blame her though, because priest dressed that way in the present time and doctors has this white lab coat or something.

Oh right. Minjoo found out that Jiyeon had an accident the night before she woke up in Jiyeon's body.

According to Chaeha, Jiyeon was running inside the mansion and she happened to tripped herself and fell down the stairs.

Ironic, right?

That's why doctor Jeon, the physician, was there to check up on her. And base from the way she acted when she woke up, they conclude that she may be hit her head hard and having a mental complication which is completely not true. Not at all.

Minjoo faced the window again, her eyes landing on the spot she was looking at earlier.

The spot where she talked to him.

She wanted to see him once again. To talk to him once again. But the thing is, she haven't met him since that day.

She asked Chaeha about him but the girl had no idea who the man is so Minjoo doesn't know where to find him. Yeah, she knows Jungwon's job but she didn't know where it is exactly. Even his home, she doesn't know since it's not stated and included in the textbooks.

She bit her lip as her gaze landed on the man who's making his way out of their residence. She squinted her eyes as the man looked familiar. Too familiar.

Minjoo's eyes widened and her heart skipped a bit when the said man glanced at the worker he passed by.

Yang Jungwon!

Upon realizing who the man is, Minjoo immediately left the room. Chaeha tried to stop her, reminding her to not leave the room but Minjoo just told her that she'll be quick. So she sprinted from her room, down the stairs and out of the house.

"Hey!! Stop right there! " Minjoo screamed as she ran towards the man. Call her desperate for not acting 'polite' like a lady should be but Minjoo couldn't careless. Because she wanted to talk to him. Right now.

Jungwon slowed down on his tracks as he glanced behind him. And seeing the same girl─ no, it's not just a girl but a 'lady' from before, he didn't stop on walking and just ignore the daughter of Mister Min, pretending that he doesn't hear her.

"Yang Jungwon! "

Jungwon stopped upon hearing her calling his name. Though it only lasted for a second before he continues walking once again towards the carriage that's waiting for him.

Minjoo quickened her pace upon seeing the man getting on the carriage. But no matter how fast she ran, as expected, she didn't catch him.

Minjoo chased her breath as she eyed the carriage that is now getting far away from her. She's now confused of what happened.

Did she do something? Is Jungwon mad at her? If not, then why would he ignore her?

Because she is sure as heck that Jungwon heard her calling his name. And it's making her confuse and over think as to why the man ignored her.

What just happened?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 12.4K 50
❝Don't play with my feelings Lee Heeseung.❞ I painfully stopped my voice from breaking as I looked away not wanting to see that man's face. ▫️▫️▫️▫️▫...
2.9K 164 34
{Completed}Not all love at first sight has to be perfect ... Not all relationships have to be perfect but can we atleast try to be perfect? I never e...
156K 4.8K 55
After the tragic death of her beloved boyfriend, she , Hwang Miso, was forced to get into a relationship with her fathers best friend's son, Yang Jun...
12.7K 679 41
a story where a girl who wants to learn how to move on because of her serious attachment on him. Then suddenly went back of time and changes everythi...