So Crazy In Love (Divergent E...

Oleh apointofview

How did I love him? The question still even boggles my mind when asked and you know what, it didn't matter. I... Lebih Banyak

Prologue: In a Daze
Chapter 1: Conflict
Chapter 2: Changing
Chapter 3: A step or Two
Chapter 4: Yes or No
Chapter 5: The Banquet
Chapter 6: More and More
Chapter 7 Unanswered Questions
Chapter 8: The Struggle is Real
Chapter 9: More Questions
Chapter 10: The Facts
Chapter 11: I Know
Chapter 12: Hurt
Chapter 14: The Truth
Story Update
Chapter 15: Moving On to Stage Two

Chapter 13: In plain sight

791 21 1
Oleh apointofview

You would have thought that I would have opened the file the moment I left the archive. Something inside me could not allow that to happen. Everything I wanted to know may have been in the file at that moment. What my parents looked like so that I could find them. Maybe even warn them to get out of the city, that Jeanine was looking for them. The words though, that she said to me before I left, that I would have to choose between my parents or Eric. To some it would be an easy choice, for me, I was conflicted. My parents had left me with two very unpleasant people. Yes, they were my parents and I cared unconditionally for them but, could the same be said for Eric. Faction before blood. I loved my faction just as unconditionally as I did my parents. I groaned inwardly. I couldn't even remember their faces, they could have been standing in front of me this entire time and I would have known. I wondered the hallways, the file still clenched in my hand. It was after midday when I broke out of the trace that led me nowhere. I was near the pit. I looked down at the file. We promised no secrets between each other. Eric knew things I didn't before last night. I still know things that he may not know. Glancing around the pit I looked for any familiar faces and found none.

"You should be resting." I turned with a jump. Damn him.

"How do you always do that?" I asked as Eric came to stand beside me.

"Guess it is one of my talents." He glanced at me and I looked away. I felt like he could read me at that moment. There was a reason I wasn't resting and he knew it. I attempted to not bring the file in my hand to his attention.

"Well you do it very well." I said softly and watched the different gatherings in the pit. "War games are tomorrow." I changed the subject and he smirked. "I'm going." He shrugged.

"I recommend against it." He stated and I turned to him.

"Why?" I looked up at him. His hand came up and stroked my cheek.

"You need to rest, I can't risk you getting hurt further."

"I have healing serum, I can rest tonight and tomorrow, by then I should be fine." I argued and he sighed. I rolled my eyes. "Why am I asking you? I'm in charge of the initiates not you." He raised an eyebrow and evil look coming to his face. He was always testing.

"I still make my recommendation and am a part of the process Avery, don't forget that." He said and kissed my lightly on the cheek before turning away. "Get some rest!" He called back to me and he left the pit. He headed in the direction of the leadership compound. He was still working on the Erudite project. I remember telling him I would be a part of it too, only in my own way. I did it for him and for answers. I only waited for the moment they needed me. I was afraid for that moment. Knowing now that my part in it was to lead them to my parents. Looking down at the file in my hand I mentally kicked myself. I was doing it already. I was so desperate for answers that I was unconsciously leading them in the right direction. Something caused my feet to rush back to my apartment. Once there I locked the door behind me. I went in search of my journal. I tore my apartment apart, not finding it in any of it normal places. I almost screamed. My eyes landed on the jacket I left by the door. I rushed to it and sighed in relief when I felt my journal still concealed within it. Take it and the file I retreated to my room and locked that door.

I knew that all of this was for nothing. According to Eric and what he told me last night, they were just waiting for me to lead the way, to find them. There were cameras everywhere, not just in Dauntless. I was being tracked specially for this program. I sat on the edge of my bed and flipped open my journal. All the notes I had written down prior would now be proven true or false. I hesitated as I traced my fingers along the file I was given. Did I even want to know? If I did, would I be able to not seek them out. I wanted to keep them safe. Just knowing that they were still alive was relief enough to me. I flipped open the file. Two pictures were paper clipped to either side. My fathers and mothers information had their own separate sides. Tears came to my eyes and I picked my mother photo up out of the file. She looked just like me. We shared the same blonde hair before I change mine, the same green eyes. Memories flew back into my head of her. I put the picture down and reached for my fathers. I gasped. I had seen him before. His face flashed in my mind. I suddenly felt cold. Looking long and hard at the picture, I could come to no conclusion. The written information within was the same of what I had before. Nothing changed there. All that she gave me was the photographs. I stuck them both in my journal and gathered up all the excess paperwork.

I stuffed my journal under my mattress and left my room. I tossed the papers into the fire place. Grabbing some kindling I tossed it in after. Striking a match I lit the paper and let it burn. I glanced at the clock. It was getting late. I threw on my jacket and left the apartment. Eric would come home and not find me, for some reason I did not care at the moment. I needed to run. When I made it outside, I took off. Running helped me clear my head. As I ran, everything I had written in the journal ran through my head. My parents were known the change their appearance. How far they would go, I was not sure. My mother had no resemblance to anyone I had seen recently aside from my own reflection. My father was the only one who stood out. I kept ruling out where I had seen him as the miles racked up. The sun set and the moon was rising. I soon found myself at the end of pier, looking up at the Ferris wheel.

I gasped for air. I looked out toward the fence. It was peaceful out here. I knew I had to make a choice. Eric or my parents. My parents gave me up, even though they didn't want to. Or so I wanted to believe. I sighed and paced the pier. If I could only talk to one of them long enough without someone suspecting them to be my parents, this could all blow over. Victoria had to know more, she was hiding something from me. I sat down on a nearby bench and looked up at the stars. My head fell heavy on my shoulder and before I knew it, the sun was rising. I jumped up in panic. I had let time get the better of me. I took off toward the train, I would not run the entire way back, my legs were killing me. I needed to see the doctor about that. I gasped as my back hit the back to the train door. The doctor. My father was a doctor. The doctor that saw me and Tris the day after Al attacked me. My hand flew to my mouth to contain any sound that may erupt. Before I knew it I was at the training area and the initiates were gathered, waiting for the day's instruction.

"You look like you've seen a ghost, you alright?" Four asked as he stepped up to me. I had slept on the pier and on my way back realized who and where my father was. Right in the middle of Dauntless, in the open, where everyone knew him. How? Yes, I was shocked, and attempting to make sense of it all.

"I'm fine, just recovering." I said, I had to make up a lie. He didn't know about what Al did.

"Too much to drink?" He lied for me. He gave me a look, one of his I'm Four and know everything look. I had forgotten that he worked in intelligence. He might actually know everything or even be assigned to watch me. Fuck! I watched Four walk over to initiates as my mind try to process that new theory. Eric was directly involved in the Erudite program. Four might be assigned to work with me. The three of us are constantly together. I took a seat, this was beginning to be a little too much for my own comfort. My head fell into my hands. I needed a nap. My head was a race track, spinning out of control. My mind went black and I felt myself hit the floor. I guess you can say I fainted. Just not your typical faint. I remember hearing Four's voice shout out but nothing much after that.

I didn't dream of anything worth remembering, only the sound of beeping. My eyes fluttered open. Glancing around the room, I saw I was in the infirmary, right next to Tris. I tried to sit up but was pushed back down.

"Rest Avery." Eric whispered as he leaned over me. Had he been here the entire time?

"What happened?" The doctor came out from behind Eric and I paused. Eric gave me a questioning glance but I tried to act in pain.

"You fainted." The doctor said and I observed every feature about him. He had changed his hair color and lost the glasses from the picture. "I told you to rest Avery." He stated and gave me concerned look. I couldn't help but stare at him. The doctor turned to Eric. "I recommend she stay overnight, we need to give her some fluids." For some reason this made me angry, yes Eric and I were a thing but, he wasn't my mother, or my father. I paused again. My father was talking to my boyfriend. Awkward.

"I'm right here." I said waving my hands in the air. They both turned to me. "I'm fine, can I go know." I said and tried to get up off the bed. The doctor pushed me back down.

"No, you will stay here until I release you, if you had done as you were told yesterday we would be here right now." I growled in frustration and fell back on the bed. The doctor gave me a stern look, which I took in many different ways. My attention was brought back to Eric, who was shaking his head at me.

"What?" He sighed and leaned forward.

"Where did you go?" He whispered and I rolled my eyes. He was very nosey. If Four was truly watching me as my new theory would have it then he already knew.

"The pier." Eric nodded but waited for me to elaborate. "I went for a run, ended up fall asleep out there, I just needed to clear my mind." My head felt heavy. The doctor was right, well my father was right, I should have listened. I groaned as my head throbbed.

"Get some rest love, I will see you in the morning." Morning? I looked around and noticed that sun was setting through the windows.

"Wait, war games." Eric gave a small smile of sympathy.

"I'm sorry Avery, this is doctors' orders not mine." The door to the infirmary clicked open and I sat up a bit. Will, Christina, and Al came through the doors. Tris. I looked over to her, she was still knocked out. Eric squeezed my hand as he stood. The trio stood by Tris, all with glum faces. "The train leave in thirty minutes, she's done, don't waste your time." He stated to them and left the room. The trio glanced at me and remained silent. I knew that they had words to say about his comment but kept them quiet.

"Yes, he is an ass." I said and flopped back down onto my bed. This wasn't fair. I looked over at the doctor's office and tried to see him through his office window. My father had been hiding in Dauntless the entire time. In plain view. I needed to talk to him. I needed to find my mother but how was I going to do that. Everyone was watching. There needed to be the perfect opportunity when both Eric and Four were gone and most of Dauntless would be in a celebratory mood. I thought for a few moments and then it struck me. It was so obvious. Tonight. War games.

A/N: So what do you guys think so far? Working on the next chapter should be up soon!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

211K 5.3K 34
RANKED #1-Divergent as of 1-29-2019!!! Thank you, wonderful readers 🖤 Rae lay on the stiff mattress, unmoving. She stared up at the white ceiling...
34K 912 26
╔ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╗ ║ Book Two ║ ║ of ║ ║ Three ║ ╚ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╝ Her brother is in Dauntless. Her friends h...
12.4K 313 19
Annabelle Eaton wasn't always afraid of her father. Not with her brother and his best friend always there to protect her. But after Tobias's choosing...
315 31 11
'It's time for the villans to have all the fun' Meeting Eric was one big kick up the ass. He is the definition of Cocky. Heavy heady and one big ass...