I didn't knew- Hinny

By deepika629

Muggle Hinny Au "Stop being grumpy on the first day of the Senior year" "I was delighted until you showed up"... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
22. Sometimes Love Is A Long Time Coming

Chapter 13

668 25 29
By deepika629

"Harry... Harry... Wake up" Ginny lightly caressed his cheeks, smiling fondly at harry's sleeping form.

Harry groaned, slightly shifting in his sleep. "I don't want to...go away"

Ginny chuckled "I'm not going anywhere until you wake up, idiot"

"Stay then...you can sleep on the floor if you want" he mumbled, burying himself into the pillows.

Ginny rolled her eyes. "I'm counting three, Harry" she warned.

"Ok, I'm up! Bloody hell, what are you doing here, it's 12, Ginny!"

"I know that. I told you to stay awake though" ginny pouted, sitting next to harry.

"Oh, shit! Yeah--I totally forgot--"

"Happy birthday" ginny smiled. "Even though it's not fair that you are 17 and I'm still 16"

Harry snickered "you do know that you will turn 17 in like 10 days, right?"

"Still"
"Anyway, I've been preparing this for a long time now. I wanted to give this to you on your 18th birthday but then again I couldn't wait for you to see it" ginny smiled nervously.

"What is this, ginny? Are you trying to confess your undying love for me? Just so that we are clear, I have a girlfriend" harry smirked.

Ginny smacked him on the arm playfully "you wish, Potter! Anyway, here" she handed him a book.

"A book, gin!? C'mon, you can do better than that, you know I don't read books unless it's a comic so--"

"Would you quit whining and open it?" Ginny glared at him.

"ok ok," harry held his hands in the air as in surrender. "Wow, ginny this--this is amazing!"

_____________________________________

Harry was flipping through the book, the one that ginny gifted for his birthday last year. It was the best gift he ever got because that book is a collection of their memories from their childhood. They made an oath to never lose it and neither their friendship.

His smile fell when he came across a picture.

The picture was from our grade school when some of the bullies from our class teased me that no girl would ever kiss me because I wear glasses. It's surprising how no kid of my age wore glasses except me, so, I believed them and didn't stand up for myself. I guess ginny saw them making fun of me and she didn't think twice before kissing me. It was just a peck but I still remember how warm I felt. After that, the kids never bullied me again though they did use to sing the kissing song rhyme when ginny wasn't around. Ron was in the picture too, with his eyes closed and making a gagging face.
Haha. Molly would have taken this picture considering that day was the parents-meet.
I couldn't believe how I forgot this memory. Ginny was my first kiss and I was hers.

Harry shook his head and hurled the book to other side of the room. It's been a week since the fight and harry was miserable, it's obvious. Also, he's trying to get over her. He might have succeeded cause he didn't think of her for straight three hours when he was out with Sirius. He's doing good, harry thought to himself which may or may not be true. He was fine without her until he found this book.

He was startled when he heard his phone notification sound.

Hermione 💕🤓 : Happy birthday, harry!🥳❤️❤️  I wanted to call you but I'm pretty sure you would have slept by now. Anyway, see ya tomorrow :)x

Harry smiled and checked the time, right, it was midnight. He turned just 18.

Besides Sirius, Hermione has been great company, much better than Ron. Harry decided Hermione is fun until she brings up homework or books. Hermione's been bragging about his birthday for three days now though he and Ron told her it's not a big deal. At least, she's happy about it.
He couldn't imagine how much ginny would have overstated about him turning eighteen. Harry sighed pushing all the thoughts of ginny away and letting sleep overtake him.
___________________________

h.a.r.r.y.'.s b.i.r.t.h.d.a.y
___________________________

Harry woke up when he felt someone jumping on his bed. "Ron, I swear to God if that's you..." he warned rubbing his eyes.

"It is me!!" Ron screamed without stopping his constant hopping. "Happy birthday, mate! Wake up! Your mom told me to wake you up. Me waking you up is your birthday present because this rarely happens" Ron grunted when harry threw a pillow at him.

"That's the worst present ever" harry groaned, finally sitting up.

Ron shrugged. "if you didn't hit me with a pillow I would have given you a better gift."

"I don't want your gift, just get out" harry shouted as he made his way to the bathroom.

"That's not how you--" Ron got interrupted as harry slammed the bathroom door.
.
.
.

"Remus!" Harry hugged Remus Lupin who just arrived for harry's birthday.

"Hello, harry. I missed you too" Remus smiled warmly. "Happy birthday"

"Thanks for coming, Remus. And Tonks, hey." Harry hugged and pecked her cheek.

"Hey, Harry. Happy 18!!" Tonks greeted.

"Where's my son? Did you not bring Teddy with you? I miss him" Harry pouted, glaring at the couple.

"We're sorry, Harry. We had to leave for New York tomorrow for work. It's just a couple of days." Remus explained.

Tonks continued  "So, we left Teddy at my Mother's house. We'll bring him next time though." she smiled warily.

Harry nodded in understatement.

"So, where's Ginny? I didn't see her since I arrived." Remus asked looking around.

Harry gulped and peeked at Ron for help.

"My sister--umm--she's not home. She may have left to buy something for the birthday boy" Ron shrugged and harry sighed in relief.

"Breakfast!" Lily shouted from the kitchen.
.
.
.

"Guess who?"

Harry smiled, already recognizing the person that had a grip on his eyes.
" Mione, you have done this way too many times for me to tell someone else name"

"Happy birthday, Harry" she smiled brightly and hugged him.

"You already wished me" he winked at her.

"yes, were you awake?"

Harry coughed loudly avoiding her eyes. "No, I--I checked your message this morning"

"oh right. Anyway, I have to tell you something" abruptly Hermione's eyes lost their shine and she looked nervous.

Harry squinted his eyes "sure, what is it?"

"No, not now. Tonight--after the party--if you are free" she played with the hem of her shirt and looked at the ground like it was the most interesting thing.

Harry felt kinda nervous too. "okay, Mione. Whenever you want" he smiled softly.

"Yeah, umm, where's Ron?" and the shine is back again.

"He's with Remus, outside." Mione nodded and walked away.

Okay now, that's weird.

"Alright, what do we have here?" Sirius's voice startled harry.

"What's with everyone coming from behind today?" Harry groaned.

"Don't change the topic, my godson. What's going on between 'I like Harry more than books' and 'I'm over Ginny' " Sirius smirked as if his life depended on it.

"Don't be stupid, Sirius" Harry wants to literally smack himself for telling Sirius that Hermione once said 'I like Harry more than books '. She said it for fun or not, he doesn't know but telling Sirius was a big mistake.

"Well, it's you who's being stupid, son. That girl is giving you countless hints and you said you are over Ginny, so what's the problem? Go for Hermione, I think she's good for you."

With Sirius's serious speech, Harry felt someone's punched him. Hermione is friendly with him, she always have been but she's friendly with Ron too. And Ron likes hermione, ron never told him that but it's obvious and sirius know about this too.

"Do you think she really has feelings for me?" Harry asked quietly. He wanted no as an answer, he wished.

"Yes, bloody idiot. She does. I've told you this a million times by now." Sirius shook harry's shoulder to get his full attention.

"I don't know, Sirius. I think---" Harry was interrupted by Tonks calling them from outside.

"Later" Sirius nodded, yes.

________________

"Ginny! You ready, dear?" Molly shouted from downstairs, glaring at Fred and George. "Fred, George--you can't give harry that gift, it's final!"

"But mom, We are being thoughtful for the first time in our lives and harry would love it. He's 18 now and I bet he wants to impress girls--what say, gred?" George reasoned.

"I agree with him" Fred shrugged. "I mean, we bought it together" And smirked.

"Of course you would agree with him, Fred. Just because harry turned eighteen doesn't mean you should gift him some absurd book of how to tame girls" Molly smacked both their shoulders, raising her hand, asking for them to return the book.

They both groaned loudly, rolling their eyes. "You're no fun" George remarked.

"I'm your mother" Molly hissed. "How would you feel if some guy uses this kind of books to get to your sister?"

"Atleast then she would get a boyfriend and stop brooding over harry" Fred snorted, smirking at George.

"That's rude, Fred!" Molly shrieked. "Your sister has a boyfriend"

"She does? Did you know about this feorge?" Fred asked with disbelief. "She didn't tell us when we asked" He muttered to himself.

George shook his head. "Seems like we've been missing a lot since we moved out"

"Enough of this, you two." Molly waved her hand in the air.
"Ginny!"

.
.
.

"You guys go ahead, I'll be there in 5 min" She shouted back with an exasperated sigh.

Ginny looked down at the pictures she's been holding for an hour. The pictures of   her, harry, hermione and Ron, also some of their families. She was supposed to stick them to that special book of harry's and hers.

She still remembered how harry's whole face lit up when she gifted him that book for his last birthday. She still remembers saying "when I'm not next to you, don't forget I'll be thinking of you and this book is a remembrance" to harry.

Ginny wipes a tear off her face, smiling to herself--just how much changed in a week. She knows it's her fault. She kept the pictures aside when her phone started ringing. Theo. Ginny sighed and waited until the ringing stopped only to see three texts from theo. She doesn't know why she's ignoring him--to be honest,she wasn't--she's just not in the mood to talk.

Ginny didn't tell Molly that she wasn't invited to Harry's party. Ginny didn't tell Ron that she was gonna show up to the party. Ginny didn't tell Fred and George that she has a boyfriend. Ginny didn't tell Theo that she doesn't feel anything towards him anymore.

Ginny didn't tell harry that she had a crush on him ever since the first time she saw him.

____________________

Forgive me.
My first intention was to discontinue this book but then again I got quite a few requests,

Sooo here's the next chapter. I was hoping you will enjoy it and leave some comments behind so that I could get some inspiration for continuing this book.

I guess the coming chapters are going to be more interesting and maybe you should watch out for harmione.

Thanks for sticking by.
Lots of love ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 10.3K 29
"It's one of the commandments after all Harry, love thy enemy." "I'm pretty sure that's not one of the commandments Ginny." "Oh whatever, he knows w...
354K 11.8K 16
"You know what Potter... I think I'll take that offer," Draco began, walking closer towards me, backing me against the wall. "Wait, really?" I looked...
147K 4.9K 33
first book in the Evelyn Black series • • sequal: BACK TO LOVE [ i promise the second book is better lol ] • slow slow-burn (like years) friends...
158K 3.9K 21
"Yeah, um, I..." But the lingering effects of Felix wouldn't let me lie. "I do. I really like you." "Not platonically, then." "Not platonically." "We...