A Bad Start - A Story By Fari...

Ladyfaree द्वारा

'No, it can't be. It really is a joke, right?' Shazia asked under her breath, looking at the other women for... अधिक

Chapter 1 - A Bad Start
Chapter 2 - The Promise
Chapter 3 - The News
Chapter 4 - The Flashback
Chapter 5 - Pearls Bistro
Chapter 6 - Husna
Chapter 7 - The Confession
Chapter 8 - The El-Muneer Story
Chapter 9 - From Tanko To El-Muneer
Chapter 10 - The Portrait
Chapter 11 - Goodbye!
Chapter 13 - Crash!
Chapter 14 - Cairo
Chapter 15 - Oh Adila!!
Chapter 16 - Mrs. N
Chapter 17 - The Abduction!
Chapter 18 - Shaleed Or Khazia??
Chapter 19 - Fate
Chapter 20 - Amir And Shazia
Chapter 21 - Mujaheed!!
Chapter 22 - Life
Chapter 23 - Shazia El-Muneer!!
Chapter 24 - The Appointment
Chapter 25 - Mr. And Mrs. Aadeel
Chapter 26 - PayBack..
Chapter 27 - Fahad El-Muneer
Chapter 28 - Forgiveness
Chapter 29 - The Mask Party
Chapter 30 - Decency!
Chapter 31 - Marital Bliss
Writer's Note 💜

Chapter 12 - Shazia Meets Amir

37 9 2
Ladyfaree द्वारा

'We will, In Shaa Allah'. Hajiya Naima finally spoke. 'Hold on to your deen (religion/belief) and be the good girl we've always known you to be. Be good to people and to yourself, be kind, generous and considerate, help as much as you can, forgive easily, live with everyone harmoniously and try to leave people with good memories. Always be a good ambassador of Islam please. Remember, people watch and observe everything you do as a Muslim, show them the beauty of the religion through your own practice. Let people see the Qur'an and Sunnah in you'. She paused, Shazia nodded in tears. 'I pray that the Almighty God continues to guide, bless and protect you. May He grant you the love and peace of mind your heart dearly craves for, no matter how long it takes'. She concluded, handing her the Holy Qur'an and 2 books ('The ideal Muslimah' by Dr. Muhammad Ali al-Hashimi and 'You can be the happiest woman in the world' by Dr. Aid al-Qarni). Just then Fahad walked back to the crowd. 'You can leave now!'. She commanded them as Laura, 2 of the escorts and her turned and started walking away.

Shazia stood rooted to her spot. 'Ummy! Ummy'. She called, attempting to run to her mother. Fahad pulled her into his arms and held her close. Hajiya Naima turned to look at her children one last time and smiled. She said a silent prayer to God to keep them safe and always make their bond stronger. 'Thank you for all you've done for me since the day you conceived me. I love you so much!' Shazia screamed, tears still streaming down her cheeks.

'I love you too'. Hajiya Naima mouthed and immediately left.

'Let's go darling!'. Fahad told his sister, still holding on to her hand firmly. Shazia had no choice but to follow Fahad and the remaining 6 escorts to where the El-Muneer Gulfstream G650ER was. The escorts stood outside bidding them goodbye as they got on it. The 2 pilots and 4 attendants were all in position waiting for them and immediately after the duo settled in the relaxation area, pleasantries were exchanged. The siblings said their travel prayers as the crew members took their positions in preparation for taxiing and take-off.

The customized El-Muneer Gulfstream G650ER Jet exterior is white, silver and has 'El-Muneer' engraved on it in gold color with a very beautiful font. The jet has large oval shaped portholes.

The interior - which is also white, silver and gold - is made of elegant and sophisticated materials. The wood detailing and motifs are highly stylish. The El-Muneer name is placed on every key component of the Jet, including the carpet, cushions and pillows.  The jet has its in-flight entertainment system, online communication facility, state-of-the-art sound system and WiFi.

The Cabin which can accommodate more than 12 people has 4 compartments - A relaxation area, work area, dining area which is close to the full-service galley, and then the crew compartment. The Jet has enough space for passengers to move around between these areas of the cabin and each area is separated by a glass door. There is a baggage area at the rear end of the Jet.

The relaxation area has 2 wide screens (1 close to the seats, the other close to the divan), a mini-bar and also a luxurious bathroom with a shower. Next to each window in the area is a comfy club seat or divan that can fully be reconfigured as beds.

The work area has a four-place conference grouping and also a credenza with a fold-out HD monitor display.

The jet was done taxiing and it was ready to take off. 'Goodbye Nigeria'. She whispered under her breath, as the jet took off from the land where it all began! She stared through the window one last time, trying hard not to cry as she reminisced about the past. Her eyes were filled with tears and she didn't want her brother to see so she shut them. 'Allah knows best'. She assured herself, breathing slowly.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Shazia Meets Amir
February 2009

A very young and beautiful fulani looking girl was sitting in class by herself. She was so engrossed in her book she didn't notice a young boy standing in front of her desk. He stood staring at her for a while admiring her beauty. She looked so innocent and sweet as her rich brown sparkling, round eyes scanned through the pages. Her golden brown skin glowed in the sunlight streaming through the window beside her and her extremely dark and long hair which was neatly tied with a ribbon stuck out of her cap. Her full rounded eyebrows, nubian nose and naturally pink heart shaped lips were just so perfect for her oval face.

'Can I have this seat please?'. The young boy finally asked in a low pitched voice, pointing to the empty chair beside her.

'Okay'. She answered tersely, her head buried in her book.

'Meaning?' He asked, waiting for clarification but she ignored him.

Minutes had passed and the young girl was still reading her book so he cleared his throat to get her attention.

'Can't someone read in peace in this class?' She stated rudely, raising her head. 'I said you can have the seat so why are you still trying to distract…'. She paused as her gaze fell on a new boy with the most radiant smile ever, looking very dapper in his uniform. She met his gaze briefly and looked away, trying not to be distracted by his good looks. He had this mesmerising stare!

'Assalamu alaikum. Hello.. Sorry, I didn't mean to bother you please. I am new here and I was wondering if I could sit here'. He informed her, his smile broadening to reveal his dimples. That was the only empty seat in the class of 12.

'A new student in the middle of the term?' Shazia wondered to herself.

'We just moved here. Actually, I am here on scholarship, not that we could afford this school'. He responded sincerely, as if he read her mind.

'Yes you can'. She told him with a smile as she continued reading her book. She admired his sincerity.

'Thank you'. He responded, sitting on the chair. 'I am Ahmad Muhammad Ibrahim Rimi, but family and friends call me Amir, which coincidentally is also my initials'. He paused. 'You can call me Amir too by the way'.

'Shazia El-Muneer, nice to meet you'. She greeted, extending her hand for a handshake.

'Sorry, boys and girls don't shake. It's against Islam'. He reminded her, holding back his hands.

She felt really embarrassed so she continued reading her book in silence. Her mind wasn't really on the book, it was on Amir and she kept stealing glances at him.

Amir noticed how uncomfortable Shazia was and decided to make it up to her in the little way he could think of. 'I will make her smile before school closes'. He promised himself. 'Can you show me round the school during break time please? I don't know anyone here'. He requested politely, not sure what her response would be.

'Okay'.

The teachers came in for their periods and each took his subject. Amir was asked to briefly introduce himself in every class and he shyly did so. All the girls in the class had their attention on him and the boys somehow felt jealous.

It was finally break time and as promised, Shazia took him round the school. 'Our last stop is the school canteen'. She informed him as they stepped into the beautiful and spacious canteen filled with students from different classes.

Amir froze in his tracks as he felt students staring at him from all directions. 'I can't go in, they are too much'.

'C'mon! There are less than 70 students here'. Shazia giggled.

'Please! I can't'. He said turning round to leave.

'What are you? 8 years old?' Shazia dragged him into the canteen.

'Stop it please.. Stop pulling me'. Shazia ignored him till they got to an empty table.

'Here you go! Now sit down like a good boy!' She commanded him, releasing his hand.

'After you ma'am'. he said politely. Shazia gave him a glaring look and he immediately sat down hoping she wouldn't 'touch' him again. Shazia smiled as she took her seat. A waitress walked over, informed them of what was on the menu for the day and they were immediately served.

'Someone serves you on your seat?' Amir was shocked.

'I hate queues!' She responded as she started munching her toast. Amir nodded and began eating his burger in silence. He could still feel people staring at him.

'Hello Shazia.. Hello Amir!'. A lady greeted, pulling the chair next to Amir. Shazia continued eating without acknowledging her presence. 'Welcome to Elite International College'. The lady told him. He only smiled. 'I am Najma, we are in the same class. Nice to meet you'. She introduced herself, stretching out her hand for a handshake. Shazia almost burst out laughing.

'Ahmad Muhammad'. He replied without responding to the handshake. Najma drew back her hand.

'Can we be friends?'. She asked him.

'Just how shameless can some girls be?'. Shazia thought to herself.

'Sure'. He replied, smiling.

'Good.. I'll show you round the school and we can talk along the way'.

'Sorry, I've already seen the whole school thanks to Shazia. I appreciate your offer though'. Najma felt really embarrassed, but unlike in Shazia's case, Amir didn't really bother. Najma kept talking but when she noticed that Amir wasn't really interested, she left.

Students went back to their classes and lessons continued. This time around, Amir kept stealing glances at Shazia, there was something different about her that he couldn't point a finger at.

School was finally over and students were all getting ready to leave.

'See you tomorrow Amir'. Without raising his head, he could tell it was Najma. 'Can I have your number please?' She requested. Shazia was already fuming.

'Sorry, I don't own a phone yet'. He informed her politely, looking at Shazia.

'Too bad!! I wanted us to get to know ourselves better. Anyways, take care of yourself'. She left.

'What's wrong with you?' Amir asked Shazia when he noticed her facial expression.

'Nothing. Can we leave now?'

'Okay'. He replied smiling.

The duo got to the parking lot of the school and went their separate ways.

Once home, Shazia couldn't wait for the driver to park properly before jumping out of the car.

'Laura! Laura!!' she kept calling as she ran towards the female Servants' Quarters.

End of Chapter 12.

So now we know how Shazia met Amir. But what happened?? Where on earth is Amir?

Please comment, like and share.

Thank you 💜

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

600K 32K 54
💞Winner of Infinity Awards 2018👑💞 Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...
322K 32.9K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
Mystery: Unspoken truth mishi144 द्वारा

रहस्य / थ्रिलर

10.7K 503 28
Ayeza was a modern girl,a lawyer by profession,all bubbly,full of life without worries.Getting entangled into a mystery of puzzles wasn't on her list...
62.2K 4K 54
"I was on a goddamn vacation in this God-forsaken place. I never meant to get engaged to you. I never meant any of this to happen. You. Me. Us. None...