Unconscious

imfrickinduuuumb द्वारा

How can Grace Lavine, a 17 year old Senior, bring back everything she lost without even knowing that she'd al... अधिक

Author's Page
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thrity-Five
Chapter Thrity-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thrity-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three

Chapter Forty-One

1 0 0
imfrickinduuuumb द्वारा

Mrs. Lumpwood

As chimes ring on my phone, my eyes instantly open. I gets up and immediately headed downstairs to finish my routine as fast as possible.

Before 8, I need to be there soon to somehow make decisions and guide what's more pleasing to the eye.

After reheating what was inside our fridge, I headed inside my room and stood in front of my bed. I crouches and soon laid my knees on our smooth, wooden floor.

My arms reached and shortly gain a touch of a box. Beneath my dusty bed, a hidden treasure was kept.

I dragged it out and blows the dust building 'cause of the time it spent below. With a cloth lying around my table, I wiped its surface and there show initials, R. L.

With my suit still hanging in a hanger, I hooked it on my fingers as it hangs behind my back. The box was at my waist as I descended the stairs and was put into the ground, right in front of our front door, over a red, hairy floor top, waiting for the young man, wearing him.

Before standing, I tapped its cover and pulled the door.

The neighborhood's silence was interrupted once my car shook. As I kicked the gas, my car moved and was heading towards the school.

It wasn't that far from our house.

Flynn usually bikes his way towards the school. His fast pedals really need to be put into consideration if we're talking about speed. That boy really knows how to drive.

The school has been my secondary house for years, 16 years to be exact.

That's why when severely bad news was reported, I don't think my heart can take one more. It's just scrutinizing to see how much you care but people somehow ruin what you had built that meant to change their futures. Sometimes I wonder about the thought of retiring but — I still have a bunch of ideas and thoughts that'll certainly help the students I thought to be my own sons and daughters.

I may not own the place but I still have the responsibility to put this school into greater paths and to be honest, 60% of our income came from this very school that's why when I learned what happened between Flynn and Tamara, I was crushed to pieces.

I know Flynn isn't the same boy anymore but — shards of it still remain. He really is impulsive and sometimes doesn't think for a better cause. Every decision he took, none other than himself will benefit.

He's that selfish, isn't he?

Little did he know, that what he was doing might put our good life to an end. I know my husband puts a great amount of money on our table but without the salary, I was getting from the school and the partnership, I won't believe if our lives will still be the same without it.

The moment Flynn chooses Tamara, I thought he understands why I pushed him for her — but I was wrong.

That really brought my relationship to the edge, almost falling off completely.

And just fresh from the bat, he and Tamara had an argument that Rachel would definitely know.

As I got in front of our school, Mr. McCoy greeted me from the gate. "Good morning Mrs. Ma'am"

I smirked at him as I drive passed by the gate and his bike. Not long after, I arrived at the parking space and there I left my car secured.

Walking, with binders of papers in my arm, I pace towards the main path towards the main building of the school.

Mr. Brie, from the entrance, immediately called me out. "Mrs. Lumpwood! You are needed, come quick!"

With haste, my feet can't be seen anymore. I ascended our stairs and there I met, face to face, Mr. Brie who looked like has been sleeping poorly.

I stared at him longingly which he immediately realized. "Oh come on now, just ignore my bags, I just had a bunch of things that needed to be done"

Mr. Brie leads me towards the main huge hall, where the dance will take place.

Right now, you can clearly see the area taking its shape. Curtains are curled and are still hanging while lights are held to be dangled during the long-awaited night. From the other entrance, tables and chairs are getting brought while boxes of utensils were wheeled over inside. Carpets are still getting laid over while the dance floor is still getting waxed.

"A lot of work going on, huh?"

He sighed and folded his arms. "It really does. Our team were up since 5 in the morning and look what we still had made, still, nothing much to see"

"You've been overworking yourself, Mr. Brie, you could've needed some sleep before the much-complicated stuff arrived" I acknowledge that puts a smile on his face while he took a few hours off work. "You've been doing well this whole week, have a good rest in the meantime"

"Really? Thank god, I'll be sleeping near the corner, I'll be seeing you soon" he waddles towards the side of the hall as his voice gets muffled.

Mr. Brie. He's been my second assistant, with Mr. Jason as my first, and I should say the both of them can't be differentiated. Both are loyal people and true to their words. No promise can be broken and no secrets can be spilled. That's how great of an assistant they are. Even how much you feel, they're there to help you stand back up.

Just like what I said earlier, I lot still has to be done. The arrangement of chairs and tables, as well as where the VIPs are sitting. The food the guest and students will be having alongside the music that will be played. Not forgetting the tough security and the staff, this is just the beginning of tiring morning work for the very last day of our ambitious homecoming week event.

Preacher

"What else do we need?" Brooke asked as our band sat inside a fast food restaurant, munching burgers as breakfast and a hot coffee.

"Flowers, gifts, mellow music — do we even need candles?" Miguel wonders.

"I think so" I agreed.

"What!? What do we need candles for? This is a dance, not an after-wedding honeymoon" Brooke disagrees.

"Well, I guess that's it" from the group, Owen scribbles candles out of his list of things to buy later. "So — whose gonna pay for all this stuff?"

With this question, the group only slid their eyes towards the one and only person — Brooke.

"Yo, what the hell? Why me!? Its Preacher's plan to have this dance stuff for him and May"

Although he disagrees, the group showed their pity, glistening eyes which puts his heart into such guilt of not helping out a friend.

"Okay, alright, alright" he rolls his eyes as he chuckles while the rest were in joy. "Just — tell me how's the whole thing going to go, Preach?"

"Well, I was planning for a simple dance but I just need you guys' help"

"For what?" Miguel asked.

"To put a song in the background. I just want to be special you know, coming right from our fingers and hearts. I want the whole place slightly dim but still clear for us two to see. Maybe after the dance, the two of us could rest for a slurp of pasta. I just — wanted her to feel that a girl like her is worth putting an effort to"

Brooke chuckled. "You really are lucky that you have us — so hurry up"

"Hurry up? Why?" Owen gulps his coffee.

"We still have a song to compose"

The squad heads out in our crappy yet useful van with nothing but 'runaway baby' in our playlist. Everyone sing their respective parts and when the chorus began, the whole vehicle shook as Miguel jumps inside with the squad singing along and almost bumped a car in the process.

"MIGS, STOP SHAKING THE GODDAMN CAAAAARRR!!!!" Brooke screamed.

Runaway, runaway, runaway baby!!

Flynn

Descending on the stairs, my mouth stretches as I yawn. Another day — but finally is the end of this week's event.

I've finally decided what to do but something must be put at risk. But I guess that's what choosing a hard choice is right?

It's not always easy and straightforward, not even one-sided.

My hands rub my eyes and bounced my way down. With a heavy back, I walk towards the kitchen to grab what is ever left there.

Just a half-eaten burger. I guess that's enough. Beside the fridge stood our air fryer which I definitely will use.

I know how to cook but I'm too tired to even use my energy's a last resort. A burger in hand, I sat beside our kitchen's round table.

With me just leaning, my head and my lengthy arms hang as exhaustion still remains inside me.

I don't know what happened. I guess it's been a while since I climbed a tree and slept late at night. I can't imagine how I manage to stay until morning when I was in my sophomore year.

As I raise my hands, I took a bite at my burger and noticed the seat where Grace sat during that day.

That's life at its best for me.

Little did we know that something much of a bigger problem awaits. I miss those smiles, should I say those smirks that she always gave me before. She never laughs but that one gesture reaction really puts me into something I haven't visited.

With her, I felt different. The world seems to be a perfect place and time never moved.

If I could only repeat those same moments all over again, I would've cherished that as our last.

I'm stupid for taking everything for granted.

I thought it would be like that every day until forever hits.

My burger was finished which led me to shower. My routine soon ended and was left with nothing to do because the dance was still at 6 pm yet I guess Mom got there earlier than I woke.

Heading towards the living room, from the corner of my eyes, caught a glimpse of something. Entering the living room, I slowly go back towards the same path I saw that very picture.

This time, I slid my eyes and spun around.

There's a box, right in front of our door. I approached it and slowly crouch down to see what it is but my eyes soon soar when familiar initials greeted my curious pupils.

R. L.

I pulled the box closer to me. I removed the cover lid and inside, a thick plastic appeared that wrapped a dark blue suit, Roderick Lumpwood, my grandpa, has his own which he once promised that I would wear someday which only one person had kept hidden.

Thank you, Mom. For this, I guess it's now time to do what's best not for me, but for us, Dad, and Lily.

And the school.

Thank you for reading!!
You're the GOAT!!
Don't forget to Vote and Comment!!
💚💚💚💚💚

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

49.6K 2K 18
"I promise to protect you no matter the cost." She ran away. But why? She was found. By who? She was different from the othe...
1.1K 306 42
Perhaps things would have turned out differently. Maybe I could have avoided what was to come. Maybe it's a game life wanted me to play, and there's...
265K 2.9K 60
Lied to, back stabbed, toyed with, beaten, abused, cheated, unloved, betrayed, lost, hurt. This is how Rose feels every day. She turns sixteen in a f...
244 3 43
There is always something to see, you just have to open your eyes. Piper had everything until the day when she lost it all. The death of her parents...