𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒋𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔...

By -firelitroses-

"𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏" "𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰 𝒂𝒃𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕... More

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒄
𝐦𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐚𝐩𝐞.
001. The manor
002. The other woman
003. Arrogant prick
004. Apologizes and Acceptance
006. Broom polish and vanilla
007. Pretty fucking beautiful
008. Raindrops
009. Parties and Hangovers
010. The tower
011. Quidditch practice
012. Stupid realizations
013. Moonlight
014. Pretty boy
015. Photgraphs
016. The slug club
017. Blue hair?
018. Lions vs Snakes
019. Snow days
020. adore you
021. daddy issues
022. Christmas party
023. Home sweet home

005. Savior

2.8K 88 15
By -firelitroses-

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

Savior

Evelyn's plan worked beautifully and flawlessly because the next day the wonderful lily Evans was talking to him again. James Potter and Lily Evans had invited Evelyn to sit at their table with them every day until eventually, she was there every morning and evening. lily and Eva got closer, and Evelyn got closer with the four mischievous boys. She could finally say that she was making friends.

"So Eva darling would you like to accompany us to Hogsmeade today?" James asked, putting his hand under his head and tilting it to look at Eva.

"Is this just an excuse for me to bring lily along so you can be with her?" she smirked, making James' cheeks go warm and his eyes widen.

"NO! well unless you want to do that," James spoke through his embarrassment.

"I can try but I can guarantee that she will be there," Eva chuckled.

Suddenly James leaped into Eva's arms with so much force that he almost pushed her off the seat. "Thank you, thank you, thank you," He squealed like a little girl getting their favorite candy. She wrapped her arms around his body, feeling his muscles through his shirt. He nuzzled his face into her neck, feeling some of her hair on his face. Evelyn loved hugs. James loved hugs. They stayed that way for a moment, and James got the smell of her freshly washed hair. Vanilla. He thought. He smiled into her hair.

♡ ♡ ♡

"So lily would you like to go to Hogsmeade with me-"

"Yes," Lily said immediately.

"And James,"

"Oh then no,"

"Come on, it's not like your gonna be alone with him," Eva tried to reason with her best friend, but it was no use. Lily was stubborn. If she had a certain belief, it was hard to change it.

"No, no, no, no, no," Lily shakes her head repeatedly, making her red hair flow chaotically in the air.

"Ugh, lils your so stubborn," Eva sighed, lying down on a lily bed. Eva loved Lily, but she thought the whole lily and James situation had been going on for so long and they both needed to end it either by dating or James forgetting about his feelings.

"I just don't want to go with him and then lead him on, that's not something I want to do," Lily put her hair up into a ponytail and sat down next to Eva.

Evelyn stayed quiet, she thought to herself that Lily was never going to get together with James, and she was afraid of what would happen to him if Lily kept rejecting him. She had grown quite fond of the brown-haired boy with the glasses and didn't want him to get hurt.

She cast those feelings away and said goodbye to the red-haired girl, making her way down the Gryffindor common room and into the courtyard to meet the gang.

♡ ♡ ♡

James Potter made it a mission to show Evelyn all his favorite shops in Hogsmeade. The first stop was Zonko's; the store was filled with a bunch of stuff to fill the crazed minds of marauders. Everything in this store could be used for pranks, and Evelyn could see now why this was one of James's favorite stores. He bought a bunch of dungbombs, sugarquills, and hiccough sweets, which she only assumes are for pranks.

"So where too next?"

"Uhh well, we can't go to Hogsmeade and not go into Honeydukes," Peter said.

"I'm down I've never been to Honeydukes" Eva replied.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO HONEYDUKES BEFORE!!" both Remus and Peter yelled at Evelyn.

"Yea, My parents didn't sign the form until the fifth year and then Lucius never liked going into Honeydukes so i just never did,"

"Aw you poor baby," Sirius cooed.

Eva smiled at him while the rest of the marauders gave her sad smiles. "No it's fine really, at least I'm spending my first time with you guys,"

Sirius wrapped his hand around her shoulders pulling her into him a little bit. "Well, you haven't lived if you never been to Honeydukes,"

The group walked into Honeydukes and Evelyn was greeted with the sweet smell of the store. The room was colorful and the shelves were filled with different varieties of candy. They had peppermint green shelves and a cotton candy pink spiral staircase. Everything was neatly packed on the shelves despite the fact that the entire store was crowded.

The group dispersed, looking around for all their favorite sweets. Evelyn wasn't completely blind to all of the unique sweets. Narcissa would often bring her some chocolate or other stuff when she went out. Evelyn picked up some chocolate wands, cauldron cakes, and obviously Bertie's Bott's every flavor beans. She saw James in line and went up to him.

"I love this store it's so bright and colorful," Evelyn squealed.

"Aw i knew you'd love it," James replied as he walked up to the counter.

"Are you paying together?" the owner asked James, but before Eva could reply 'no' James said "Yes,"

"No, Potter I can pay for it myself," Evelyn shook her head.

"Come on let me be a gentleman," James cheekily replied.

"But-"

"How can I let you pay for your stuff when it's your first time in Honeydukes,"

"Fine," She rolled her eyes as she tried to hide the smile that was creeping up on her face.

James smiled triumphantly and he turned to talk to the guy.

They walked out of the store, leaving the rest of the marauders to pay for their stuff.

"Here are your sweets," James smiled while handing her a bag.

"Blimey, and they say chivalry is dead," Eva chuckled.

"Oh Eva darling it is however I am a gentleman at heart," James replied with a fake accent.

Eva laughed at his stupid antics and her eyes scanned the street filled with Hogwarts students. Her eyes caught the sight of someone. A blonde-haired boy with his blonde-haired girl. Lucius and Narcissa. Evelyn had successfully avoided them for weeks, but ever so often she would catch herself glancing at them.

"Eves, you okay?" James asked while wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"Yea I'm okay, let's go," she looked at him and they started walking towards the carriages.

Eva looked behind her one more time, only to find Lucius Malfoy staring directly at her. They made eye contact for a moment before she turned her head entirely and focused on the carriages in front of her.

♡ ♡ ♡

Sunday morning was usual for Eva; she sat at the table she wasn't supposed to, laughing at the stupid sarcastic jokes that came out of Sirius's mouth. Later she found herself in the library. Instead of reading some romance novel from the 1800s, she was there for more boring matters. A potions essay. Professor Slughorn wanted the student to write an essay about the powerful effects of the advanced potion, the drought of living death. She had originally started writing the essay with Peter, and then Remus joined shortly after however, Peter got bored and decided he'll do the assignment last minute and went back to his common room, and Remus got dragged out by Sirius, claiming that "he ate chocolate" and something about him dying.

When Eva's doing something, she spaces out a lot, so it's no surprise that she spaced out writing her essay and didn't realize how long she spent in the library.

She packed up her things and exited the library on her way to the dungeons to get into her common room.

A voice broke the silence in the halls. A familiar voice called her name. A voice she knew all too well; Lucius.

"Evelyn, why are you out here so late?" Lucius Malfoy called out to her from down the halls. She stopped walking. She didn't even realize it because it was honestly just a natural reaction.

"None of your business Malfoy," Evelyn scoffed and rolled her eyes. She really did not want to have a conversation with this man. She avoided him for a reason.

"So we're back to last names huh," Lucius caught up to her.

"Well you made that choice when you decided to sleep with another woman," Evelyn blurted out.

"Don't act like I don't see the way you look at me,"

"How do I look at you?"

"Like you're still in love with me," Lucius said with a stupid smirk that she wanted to slap off his face.

She laughed.

"Funny because I never actually loved you," Evelyn said with an evil smile.

"Take that back you bitch," Lucius snarled.

"No,"

"Your gonna wish you never said that," Lucius growled. Evelyn wanted to be the girl that wouldn't be scared right now, but she was not that girl. She was scared. She had heard stories about what happened to girls her age. She looked around to realize that the hallway was empty.

Her expression didn't falter even though her mind was running a thousand miles a minute. He stepped closer to her trapping her in front of a wall.

"Lucius move,"

"No I don't think so sweetheart," he said with a sickening grin. He tightly grabbed her arm.

"Let. go. of. me." Evelyn knew what Lucius was capable of, and she knew that he gets want he wants. She had to get away from him. So, without thinking, she raised her other hand and slapped him as hard as she could. It didn't do much, and Evelyn cursed herself for not working out before.

"Did you just slap me?"He grabbed her throat with his free hand, squeezing hard. She tried to get him to release her arm, but it was no use, he was too strong for her. "You're gonna pay for that,"

"I'm gonna do something that I fantasized about since I've met you," Lucius said in a haze.

She had to think of something quick; however, it was hard to think when she was losing oxygen in her body. She started feeling in her pockets for her wand and panicked when she couldn't find it. She started getting dizzier. But before he could do anything else, he slid across the hall.

Evelyn fell to the floor, breathing heavily. She brought her knees up to her chest and looked up to see James on top of Lucius.

"Don't touch her," James said in between the punches. "Or ill fucking kill you,"

She turned her head to the other side to see Remus and Sirius. Sirius rushed over to James, pulling him off of Lucius while Remus came to make sure she was okay.

James stood up, his bloody hands balled into fists and breathing deeply. He walked over to her and knelt on the ground.

"Love, are you okay?" James asked.

She nodded.

"Words Eva I need words," James calmly spoke. He didn't know why, but he felt overly protective of the blonde girl; maybe it was the short time they spent together or the fact that she made the group of teens happy. So, without thinking, he lifted his hands to cup her face and wipe away the tears that she didn't know had fallen.

"I'm okay, thank you," She hugged him tightly as they stayed on the floor of the hallway. Her head in the crook of his shoulder and his chin on top of her head. He put one of his hands on the back of her head and the other around her waist. Ever so often he would comb through the hair on the back of her head or draw out shapes on her hip.

Sirius and Remus eventually sat next to the girl on the floor. Remus would occasionally rub her back soothingly while Sirius flipped off all the students passing by giving them weird looks. Lucius had left the teenagers when James was pulled off him. They didn't know where he went or what he was gonna do, but there wasn't much you could do when there was blood all over your face and your in an agonizing amount of pain.

The pair of teenagers pulled apart and decided it was time to get up off the floor. James didn't trust her to go back to the Slytherin common room and refused to leave her alone, so they decided to take her back to the Gryffindor Tower. They sat in the common room in front of the fire as they tried to comfort the blonde girl. They played games and told jokes, and Peter even snuck down to the kitchen to get them snacks. Lily and Marlene even sat down with them for a good while. As the night got darker and the fire burned longer, one by one, the lot dispersed into their dormitories and went to sleep for the long school day they had ahead.

James and Evelyn were the last two people in the common room. They had migrated to the big couch in front of the fireplace.

"Eve-" James began, but Evelyn knew what he was gonna say. He didn't want to say anything earlier, but he had to know if she was okay. If James was being honest, he was worried about the girl. He had been looking for the girl, and Remus suggested that she might still be at the library, so the three went looking for her and found her wand but not the girl, so they were going to check the hallways only to find Lucius choking her and going to do something else. He had a right to be worried.

"You don't have to worry about me James," Evelyn reassured.

"Right," James nodded thinking to himself.

It was silent for a moment before James broke it. "You can't blame me though, for being worried,"

"I know." Evelyn sighed before continuing, "Lucius is sod, he's spoiled so he always gets his way,"

"I'm sorry,"

"Don't be, I moved on," James Potter smiled at that and patted the couch right next to him, signaling her to move closer. They hugged one last time before Evelyn lay her head down on his lap.

"Tell me a story," She looked up at him.

"Uh stories aren't my thing, Remus normally tells the stories for us to go to bed," James looked down at her.

She pouted. He stared. They stayed like that for at least ten seconds before James Potter gave in.

"Fine," he rolled his eyes with a smile.

He watched as her eyes lit up as she got excited. He grinned at her before running his hand through her tangled blonde hair, detangling it as he began telling her the story about the sleeping princess and the true love's kiss that cured her deep slumber.

By the end of the story, Evelyn was fast asleep on top of James potters lap. He pulled the blanket from on top of the couch and draped it over her before maneuvering his way to lay down next to her. And that night Evelyn Rosewood had the best sleep she's had in months, and James Potter made a vow to protect her at all costs.

♡ ♡ ♡

Author's note: Hi cuties, I really made it my mission to make this chapter a little longer. I don't know how i feel about it, i definitely wanted to split it into two chapters but i decided against it. Who knows maybe later on i'll do it. i hope you guys enjoy :)

love always emily <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 45.8K 47
In which Josie Longbottom falls for her best friend. started 13.02.20 finished 19.04.20
62.8K 2.8K 32
curiosity killed the cat. marauders era looming legacies b1
6.6K 108 5
↳ 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁𝘀 Remus Lupin x Fem! Reader
213K 9.5K 90
Following the events of the same universe where Juliet Potter and Remus Lupin fell in love, the insouciance has faded into misery as all parties prep...