𝔻𝕚𝕣𝕥 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙 𝕄𝕪...

By Angsty0Vibes

[ON GOING]/HIATUS] "𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘧 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵...𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴... More

Before We Begin
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Update
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 34.5 (New Year's Special)
No Chapter (UPDATE)

Chapter 33

1K 44 17
By Angsty0Vibes

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

Takemichi's POV

November 23rd

"Guys, listen." Hakkai spoke up, he looked down as soon as Mistuya and (Y/n) turned to acknowledge him.

"My brother, it's just that-" Hakkai seemed to stumble on what he wanted to say. "Taiju is bad news; he won't listen to reason. He'll do whatever suits him. (Y/n), you even know this first hand!"

"Just knock it off, you always try to do everything on your own." Mistuya tsked.

"Besides Hakkai, no matter how awful Taiju is, we can deal with this. Why don't you put a little faith into Mistuya and I? Would we do something we think would steer anyone wrong?" (Y/n) responded, leaning towards a more comforting response than Mitsuya.

"Anyways, why are they coming with?" Mistuya pointed his thumb behind him, motioning to Chifuyu and I who walked behind the group.

"Well, I was there when everything happened." I defended.

"So was (Y/n), plus he's important in this conversation." Mistuya said, straight faced and I couldn't tell if he was actually upset.

"Well, yes. But you got another witness this way!" I tried to reason.

"And I'm just coming cause he's an idiot." Chifuyu continued which was surly just to irritate me.

"As long as you guys don't butt in, I guess...." Mistuya smiled, looking at (Y/n) with an usure expression. (Y/n) only smiled back, trying to ease his nerves.

It took us a little while to get to the meeting spot. It was in the residential area and in a home, the house was rather clean and modern. I felt it was probably the safest place to have these kinds of conversations without drawing outsider attention.

Hakkai lead us in, opening the doors for us all to file into the living room. There were two couches that sat opposite of each other with a coffee table in the middle. Kokonoi and Inui were already in the room, standing behind the further couch. A visible smirk made its way onto Kokonoi's face as we entered, he walked up to greet us.

"Ah, so many came today. Even the new captain and his vice-captain. How sweet, the more the marrier I suppose." Kokonoi hummed, looking everyone up and down.

"There were no limits on who could come. It's not like we're doing anything more than talking." Mistuya brushed past him, not looking too pleased to be speaking to the man.

"Oh, I know. I wasn't criticizing." Kokonoi let everyone gather around the other couch. "By the way, (Y/n)." He turned his attention to (Y/n) who stood straight with a blank expression.

"How's the damage? I'm surprised to see you here. Especially after you were crying like a little bitch. Poor Inupi didn't even get to finish the job." Kokonoi stepped closer to (Y/n), but (Y/n) didn't move back. Instead, he continued to stare Kokonoi dead in the eyes.

"I'm not here for playful banter." (Y/n) spoke, there was still the obvious issue with speaking normally. Even so, he didn't let it take away from what he was saying.

"Oh wow, don't you sound childish like that? You still swollen or something?" Kokonoi teased, Inui walked up to the pair as they spoke. 

"Want me to finish the job? Honestly, I really don't want to hear you talk at all. I think everyone would benefit from you shutting the fuck up forever." Inui flipped out his knife, grabbing (Y/n) roughly by the jaw and taking out his tongue.

(Y/n) was quick to react, pushing Inui off of him. He wiped the bit of saliva off of his lips, glaring at the two. Hakkai looked ready to pounce, but Mistuya held him back lightly with his arm. 

"You'd want that wouldn't you? I know it's embarrassing when someone can win a whole gang just by their words and you only have your strength to get you by. Physical strength is temporary after all." (Y/n) turned away from the two and walked back to Mistuya.

Inui's eyes visibly widened in anger as he went to get back at (Y/n) but Kokonoi held him back.

"Careful there (Y/n), I'll keep him back for now. But push more buttons and I'll let this dog tear you up." Kokonoi stuck his tongue out in a teasing manner.

Suddenly the sound of loud footsteps made its way into the room. Taiju stood tall above everyone and took a seat on the further couch. He propped his feet up onto the coffee table and draped his arms over the back of the couch lazily. Mistuya and (Y/n) walked to the front of the other couch and sat down. Both bowing slightly before greeting Taiju.

"It's nice to finally meet you." Mistuya started.

"You're that asshole Mistuya who's been fucking with my brother's head, right?" Taiju skipped the formal greetings which didn't really surprise anyone.

"Well, that's quite accusatory for a first meeting." Mistuya only smiled in response.

"I don't give a shit." Taiju's eyes traveled over to (Y/n) who sat politely next to Mistuya, his hands in his lap. "You came back, huh? Even after almost losing your tongue? You're stronger than you used to be." He smirked.

"I have a job; I'm not going to let threats damper my work." (Y/n) deadpanned.

The room sat in silence after that, nobody spoke or moved a muscle. It was as if everyone was trying to read each other before anything actually began.

"Get it out, why'd you want to talk? Say it quick." Taiju finally began.

"I'm giving Hakkai to you guys. The Black Dragons will have Hakkai from now on and I will never see him afterwards." Mitsuya started. 

Even Taiju seemed surprised at this. I found it startling that even (Y/n) didn't mention anything in objection.

"You're not serious right? Mistuya, (Y/n)!?" How could I not panic over this, even if they said they had a plan.

"Really? Can't be right, you're here to stop that! You even brought (Y/n) for heaven's sake!" Taiju laughed aloud.

"Don't think there aren't conditions." (Y/n) responded, allowing Mistuya to continue.

"If I give you Hakkai, you will let Yuzuha off. Free her for good." Mistuya seemed dead serious by that statement.

Hakkai was taken aback it seemed, and so was I. Taiju gritted his teeth, his eye twitching in anger.

"Wait, Taka-" Hakkai wasn't acknowledged and Mistuya continued.

"You're making her do something, right? Hakkai has been stepping in to protect her from you. From your domestic violence towards your siblings!"

"You're serious right now!?" Taiju smirked.

"Hakkai is not leaving Toman because of fear, he is protecting his sister!" Mistuya proclaimed.

Without a moment's notice, Taiju stepped over the coffee table to land a punch directly at Mistuya's face. Stepping back, he only grew his smirk, Mistyuya had blocked just in time.

"Not bad, punk." Taiju chuckled.

"We are not here to joke Taiju, take this seriously. You're the one who wanted this to be short." (Y/n) reminded.

"One last time, let Yuzuha go and I'll give Hakkai to the Black Dragons!" Mistuya stood up, asserting his stance. "You have the chance to accept my conditions. If you do, then Toman will leave the Black Dragon's alone."

"What if I refuse?" Taiju tested.

"We won't hesitate to break out into war." (Y/n) stood alongside Mistuya. "What good would that do for anyone?"

There was a moment of silence that followed after, Taiju thinking it over before reaching out his hand.

"So be it then!" Mistuya took ahold of Taiju's hand and settled everything with a handshake.

"Even though the accusations are false, I'll never hit Yuzuha again." Taiju was the only one who smiled at those words.

We finished up the meeting without incident, the sun was starting to set and the sky was beautiful orangish hue.

"In the end, Hakkai is with the black Dragons now.... I really figured they would have had a better plan." Chifuyu sighed, we stood outside of the house now.

"It only cleared one thing up for me honestly. I know Hakkai will kill Taiju for Yuzuha." I stared at the three men in front of us.

"Taka..." Hakkai stood behind Mitsuya, looking at a loss for words.

"Promise me, Hakkai. No matter how bad things get, you'll only use your strength to protect. Just like you have been." Mistuya didn't smile when he said that, he looked more serious than any other time today.

"Don't hate the situation that you were born into." Mitsuya finalized, the slightest smile on his lips.

"You are a good man. Don't let yourself forget what he said. Mistuya has too much pride in you!" (Y/n) assured.

////---////

"Chifuyu."

Chifuyu and I had parted ways with the other three now. We were on our way back home when I dabbled on what to do next.

"I'm going to return to the future, I think." 

"Huh?" Chifuyu turned around. "Hakkai is with the Black Dragons now. You didn't change anything, so what are you going on about?"

I looked up, thinking about what he said.

"Well, Hakkai is going to kill Taiju to protect Yuzuha. But Mistuya was able to get Taiju to free her. So now Hakkai has no reason to kill his brother. Wouldn't that end up changing the future then?" I asked, my reasoning made sense to me at least.

"Possibly. But then again, what if nothing changed?" Chifuyu asked me.

"Well, obviously I'd come back-" 

"You'd be in jail by then. You think you'll have many chances to shake Naoto's hand?" Chifuyu made a fair point. "If nothing's changed then you're risking a lot."

He turned away from me, looking around him as he talked. He was really putting in a lot of thought.

"Mistuya was the only one who did anything here, not you. You have to be the one to change the future, right?" 

I was glad he had said something, Chifuyu was right. It was risky to go back, especially if I didn't change anything. I was glad I had someone who could now give me advice instead of deciding everything on my own.

"Takemichy!" A loud voice boomed from behind me.

Chifuyu and I whipped our heads around to see who was calling out to me. I was certainly surprised to see Hakkai who was panting from running.

"I found you!" Hakkai walked the rest of the way to me, looking over my shoulder. "There's a few benches over there. Can we talk?"

I didn't refuse, allowing him to lead the way. We made the short walk and sat down on the old benches.

"So first off. I need you guys to tell Taka that I said thank you." Hakkai began.

"Huh? I mean, I will but why?" I asked, yes Hakkai asked to leave but why would he say thank you?

"My home situation is complicated. We don't have a mom and our dad's pretty much always out of the picture. Taiju took the role of being in charge since he's the oldest. Taiju is charismatic believe it or not. He's always been bigger and stronger, but he knows how to win people over on top of that." Hakkai let out a breathy sigh.

"One thing he's great at beyond a shadow of a doubt is violence. He doesn't go easy on anyone, not even his siblings." He stopped for a moment. "I grew up thinking love was painful, but then Taka came and changed my whole perspective. The day I met him changed my world forever. He told me something important too. To 'use violence to protect'. I had never heard of that before, so I decided to protect my family. I decided to protect Yuzuha." Hakkai's hands balled into fists. "But he broke his promise."

"What a dick!" I shouted.

"A real asshole!" Chifuyu joined in.

"So, I know better. That agreement with Mistuya won't be followed. He'd never let her go!" Hakkai looked ready to cry, but he didn't.

"Then how can we help?!" I insisted, I wasn't going to just let this go.

"You know...It's embarrassing to admit." Hakkai cracked his knuckles, drawing my attention. "Years later, I'm still terrified of Taiju. I know I can't do a damn thing but shake." Hakkai shook his head and stood straight up.

"It made me decide something though. I quit Toman for a reason, I didn't want to give it a bad name. I'll do what Taka said, I'll protect my family by using violence." Hakkai's whole demeanor seemed to change in that moment.

"I am going to kill Taiju, to protect my family."

My blood ran cold at those words, thank God I had listened to Chifuyu earlier.

"I'll face the consequences of my actions too, so don't worry. " Hakkai began to climb up the stairs.

"Why are you telling us though?" Chifuyu was now at my side.

"If I verbalize it, it's easier to follow through. I'm weak, so I need to keep motivated." He smiled, but it wasn't joyful, it was clearly sad and regretful.

"One last favor though." Hakkai turned around. "Don't tell anyone what I am going to do, but most of all. Do not tell (Y/n)." He said it sternly, serious to the bone.

"Why not him especially?" I decided to ask.

"(Y/n) wouldn't want that. He was always trying his best for Yuzuha and I. If he saw me do this, I don't know what he'd think or do. I don't want to let him down, but I don't want him to talk me out of it either. I know he'd be able to get all of Toman if he felt he needed to."  He turned back around. "I know Yuzuha will already be mad that she can't see her 'favorite little brother' anymore." He chuckled. 

"I just want her to be safe over all. Taiju will never let that happen. So, I need to be the one to stop it." He waved back to us. "It was nice to get to know you Takemichy, even for a short while."

Neither of us stopped him, instead, once he left, I decided to express my distaste.

"You know what? This really pisses me off. Imagine being cornered to the point where murder is your only option. I refuse to let Taiju get away with this!" I turned around and stomped my foot on the ground. "We are going to destroy the Black Dragons!"

"You're dumb, you know?" Chifuyu looked away. "Why not figure out how to stop Hakkai from killing Taiju instead?" He tried to reason with me but I stood my ground.

"Ugh okay! Quit looking like that!" He finally agreed. "If we defeat the Black Dragons then the future will have no choice but to change, so let's do this!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 324 21
You and the rest of the founding members (Mikey, Draken, Baji, Mitsuya, Pah-Chin, and Kazutora) have been childhood friends for a very long time, whe...
356K 12.2K 18
"𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠?! 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐢 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 😏" "𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬? " "𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐟...
79.4K 2.5K 16
Y/N a person who takes care of tokyo manji gang and treated their wounds whenever they are bruised up, he treats them as his friends and family... ◼️...
319K 15.8K 46
° . * ✭ tr. characters / hanagaki takemichi ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ↳ hanagaki takemichi found out the only thing toman dislikes - him. it was...