The Simple Awards 2022 | judg...

Od mandapanda96

Looking for something a little more...simple? Well, step right up and look no further. Featuring: -No tagfes... Více

Introduction to The Simple Awards
Rules and Categories
Simple Stickers
Proposed Timeline
CLOSED AS OF DEC 1, 2022
JUDGES ENTRY FORM
Prizes
Final List Of Entrants
Hnghhhhh...so sorry about the delay

Judging Criteria

155 25 1
Od mandapanda96

Why is there a GIF of a rose there?

It's pretty, I like it, so there we go.

Each book accepted and entered into the contest will be judged out of /50. Judges will not be required to read the whole book, but at least ten (or more) chapters. Ten is a nice number, and I believe it can give us a good idea of the book overall. If you disagree and have a better chapter number idea, let me know in the comments!

This means you should have at least ten chapters in your book to be able to enter the Simple Awards!

5 - Title, Cover, Summary

Title/cover: Cohesive? Catchy? Creative?

Summary: length (is it concise, or is it too much/too little?)

10 - Hook + how you carry out the main theme

Hook: Do I want to read on and know what happens next? Am I pulled in by the writing, the world building? Does my interest wane, or I find myself getting distracted?

Main theme: say your theme is supposed to be friendship but all the time you're only talking about a zombie apocalypse and zombies attacking you I would say that's more an action genre and life/death/survival theme.

10 - Grammar/spelling

I don't think this should be about counting how many grammar and spelling inconsistencies there are, but more of a gauge to see if your grammar/spelling is good enough to contribute to a smooth reading experience and understanding of the story.

15 - Plot

This is the meat of the story. Is there a central direction the story is going in? Can we as the readers see this direction? Do you have a good grasp of rising action/climax/falling action? Or is your plot more of a I'll-just-see-where-this-takes-us or "filler" chapters?

10 - Character development

Are your characters believable? Do they feel real yet they are fun to read about? Do we feel immersed in the character's point of view?
Do we see changes in the character as the story goes on in terms of goal/aspiration/desire/life lessons or are they static, one-note?

Poetry books will be judged separately, since they do not usually include plot/characters.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

23.8K 1.3K 34
Y/N is reincarnated in HI3rd as her/his favorite character, Houraiji Kyuushou. She finds herself in Nagazora, and starts to explore it, trying to fin...
99.1K 1.4K 50
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
270K 7.8K 133
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."