𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖆𝖑 || 𝘀. �...

By emma_stilinski24

Paranormal occurrences start happening in the sleepy town of Hawkins, Indiana, on the night of November 6th... More

S1E1: The Vanishing of Will Byers
S1E2: The Weirdo On Maple Street
S1E3: Holly, Jolly
S1E4: The Body
S1E5: The Flea and the Acrobat
S1E6: The Monster
S1E7: The Bathtub
S1E8: The Upside Down
S2E1: Mad Max
S2E2: Trick or Treat, Freak
S2E3: The Pollywog
S2E4: Will the Wise
S2E5: Dig Dug
S2E6: The Spy
S2E7: The Lost Sister
S2E8: The Mind Flayer
S2E9: The Gate Part 1
S3E1: Suzie, Do You Copy?
S3E2: The Mall Rats
S3E3: The Case of the Missing Lifeguard
S3E4: The Sauna Test
S3E5: The Flayed
S3E6: E Pluribus Unum
S3E7: The Bite
S3E8: The Battle of Starcourt
S4E1: The Hellfire Club
S4E2: Vecna's Curse
S4E3: The Monster and the Superhero
S4E4: Dear Billy
S4E5: The Nina Project Part 1
S4E5: The Nina Project Part 2
S4E6: The Dive
S4E7: The Massacre at Hawkins Lab
S4E8: Papa
S4E9: The Piggyback Part 1
S4E9: The Piggyback Part 2

S2E9: The Gate Part 2

3.7K 98 47
By emma_stilinski24

Max slams on the breaks, this time sending us all flying towards the front of the car.

"Hello!" Steve screams in surprise at the sudden change in direction.

The boys compliment Max's incredible driving skills. "I told you. Zoomer," she tells them before they all unload.

I hold onto the door, hauling myself out and lean against it for support. The putrid smell of rotting fruits hit me. I squint, trying to make out where we are. Merrill's Pumpkin Patch, I realize when I look down at the slimy, smelly, decomposing pumpkin I'm standing on.

Steve scrambles around in the car until he clumsily finds the door and collapses on the ground with a grunt.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I ask the kids.

They stand at the trunk of the car, suiting up in goggles and covering their noses and mouths with bandanas.

"Guys," Steve groans again, leaning all his weight on the side of the car. "Oh, no. Guys."

Mike carries cans of gasoline by us, heading towards the hole Hopper had dug in the middle of the rotted pumpkin field.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" Steve asks him.

"Mike," I lazily call out, it taking too much strain on my sore throat to speak any louder, "get your ass back here."

"What are you, deaf? Hello?" Steve's voice once again becomes panicked. "We are not going down there right now." He tries to grab onto Max as she walks by. "I made myself clear."

"Everyone listen to me!" I try to shout, but my voice fails, it only coming out as a dry cry. "We're not doing this."

Steve goes to the back of the car where Dustin is. "There's no chance we're going to that hole, all right?" He grabs Dustin's backpack and throws it back in the trunk angrily. "This ends right now!"

"Steve, you're upset, I get it," Dustin says. "But the bottom line is, a party member requires assistance, and it is our duty to provide that assistance. Now, I know you and y/n promised Nance that you would keep us safe. So, keep us safe." He holds out a pack of supplies for Steve.

I sigh. "There's no talking them out of this, Harrington."

He runs his hand through his sweaty hair. "Damnit."

Steve and I suit up in our gear—swim goggles over our eyes, bandanas worn as masks, and thick gloves. Steve shoulders his backpack with the bat sticking out of it. I check to make sure my knives are securely at my side. At least one of the kids thought to get the one I had cut Billy with. It still has blood on the blade. I guess they couldn't clean it.

We walk to the edge of the hole and look down into it. It's pretty deep—probably about ten feet, maybe a little more. Seeing the Upside Down again makes me shiver, remembering the last time I was in that place was when Nancy and I were being hunted by that Demogorgon.

It looks the same as it had that day—the same bluish gray particles float through the cold air, the whole tunnel is lined with snaking vines.

Dustin lowers a rope into the hole and Steve climbs down first. I slide down the rope next. It feels like diving into a lake in the winter. The already chilly air of our world turns bitter when I land in the tunnel. I let go of the rope and drop down, and Steve catches me.

"Thanks," I say, stepping out of the way so the others can come down.

Steve turns around in a circle, looking around at the Upside Down that has rapidly taken over Hawkins. "Holy shit."

I nudge him in the shoulder. "First time in the Upside Down? Trust me. It's not fun."

It's not really the Upside Down, but it looks exactly like it. The other dimension has infiltrated our world with these tunnels.

"Wait, you've been in that world before?" He asks.

"Mhm. Last year Nancy and I got stuck in the Upside Down and were hunted by the Demogorgon. We barely got out alive."

"Jesus," he mutters, his voice muffled by the bandana. "She never mentioned anything about that..."

"I'm not surprised. It was pretty traumatic for us. She probably didn't want to re-live it."

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's this way," Mike calls from the head of the group, looking at a map he drew.

"You're pretty sure, or you're certain?" Dustin asks skeptically.

"I'm 100% sure." He turns to face the group, exasperatedly waving his flashlight around. "Just follow me and you'll know." Mike begins down the tunnel, leading the way.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, hey, hey, hey. I don't think so," Steve says, forcing Mike to stop. "Any of you little shits die down here, y/l/n and I are getting the blame. Got it, dipshit?" He takes the map from Mike. "From here on out, I'm leading the way. And y/l/n takes up the rear—Make sure no one gets left behind. Come on, let's go."

I step to the side, letting the kids go ahead of me so that I can take up the rear.

"Come on!" Steve shouts at the kids from down the tunnel. "Hey, a little hustle!"

I take one last look at the hole we came in from and then take off after them, trying not to trip over any vines.

It's beyond creepy. I keep looking over my shoulder down the tunnel, paranoid a full grown Demogorgon will suddenly appear and attack me. The air is so thick with particles it's hard to see the people ahead of me. I feel alone in this dark, horrifying place.

If Billy hadn't shown up and beat Steve senseless and suffocated me, the kids wouldn't have ever kidnapped us and we wouldn't be in this situation. Life sucks sometimes.

Steve rounds a corner ahead, then stops, forcing us to stop, too.

Lucas looks around at the small intersection of tunnels. "God."

"What is this place?" Max asks.

"Guys, come on. Keep moving." Steve continues down a different tunnel and the kids follow.

Dustin hangs back with me, getting distracted by a bulbous, fleshy wart on the ceiling. It pulses like something's inside trying to spurt out.

"What the hell," Dustin mutters, looking up at it. Suddenly, it sprays particles all over his face. He screams at the top of his lungs. "Shit!" He falls backwards, his limbs flailing around as he tries to get the stuff off of him.

"Dustin!" I panic, not knowing what to do. I pull him to his feet and push him in the direction of the others. "Steve! Guys!"

"Help! Help! Help!" Dustin wails. He collapses on the ground, having a fit.

"Dustin." Mike rushes over to us, the others right behind him.

"Shit!" Dustin screeches, arms still flailing around.

"Dustin, what's wrong!?" I ask, grabbing onto his shoulders.

"SHIT!"

Steve frantically pushes his way through the others. "What happened!? What happened!?"

"It's in my mouth! Some got on my mouth! SHIT!" Dustin pulls his bandana down, coughing and spluttering dramatically. He hacks some stuff up and spits it out. He leans back on his knees and looks up at us, panting heavily. "I'm okay."

"You serious?" Max asks.

"Very funny, man," Steve says.

I let out a breath of relief. "You nearly gave me a heart attack."

"Nice. Very nice." Steve and the others start walking down the tunnel again.

"Jesus, what an idiot," Max mutters.

I hold my arm out to the side. "After you."

Dustin scrambles off the ground and hurries to catch up with the others.

We finally reach what we've been looking for. Steve stops and shines his light around the cavernous room that all the tunnels connect into. "All right, Wheeler. I think we found your hub."

"Lets drench it," Mike says with determination.

The group spreads out, pouring trails of gasoline all over, spraying it on the sides and ceiling. We work until there isn't a drop of gas left in the cans.

Steve and I round everyone up and take them down the tunnel we came from until we're all a safe enough distance away. We protectively keep in front of the kids, shielding them from the eruption of flames that are about to occur.

"All right, you guys ready?" Steve asks, pulling a lighter out of his pocket.

"Light her up," Dustin says.

Steve flicks the cap open. "I am in such deep shit." He flicks the roller and the flame appears. He throws the whole lit lighter into the heart of the cave.

It immediately flares up. The massive room before us is engulfed in towering flames. The tendrils within go crazy, whipping around in all different directions.

The heat blows down our tunnel, scorching our skin and singeing some hairs. I throw my arms in front of my face, my jacket serving as some protection.

"Go! Let's go! Go!" Steve shoves everyone back down the tunnel. We hurry them along as quickly as we can, trying to get out since the Demo-dogs will be here at any moment. Steve runs ahead of the group, looking at the map. I take up the rear again, making sure everyone gets out alive.

"Hey, this way!" Steve motions everyone to follow.

A vine wraps around Mike's ankle, making him fall. "Help! Help!" The vine constructs around his leg.

I unsheathe a knife and stab it in the vine, making it curl up but not release. "A little help here!" I shout, pulling my other knife out and attempting to saw it. 

Lucas and Dustin rush over, grabbing onto Mike's arms and pulling him. I stab it over and over. Steve rushes over, the bat raised over his head as he's about to bring it down on the vine. One last blow with my knife and the vine splits in two, releasing Mike.

I stand up, panting heavily. "A little late, Harrington."

We've wasted too much time. The sounds of the Demo-dogs reverberate through the tunnels, making it hard to judge the distance they are from us. It could be miles. It could be hundreds of feet. Whichever it is, they're close.

"We gotta go. We gotta go now!" Steve turns around to head down the tunnel, but stops abruptly when a Demo-dog blocks his path.

It screeches, opening its mouth just a little bit and looking at all of us. (Can they look? They don't have eyes...)

Dustin takes a step forward before I can pull him back. "Dart."

Dart makes a chattering sound.

Dustin starts walking closer to the monster, all of us telling him to get back, but he shushes us. He looks back at us. "Trust me, please."

I keep my hand on a knife... just in case. Steve is also prepared for the worst, holding his bat over his shoulder and ready to take a swing at Dart if he attacks.

Dustin begins taking off his goggles and mask. "Hey." He bends down so that he's on the same level as Dart. "It's me, it's me. It's just your friend, it's Dustin. It's Dustin, all right? You remember me?" Dart gets closer to him. "Will you let us pass?"

The monster's face opens up, snarling in Dustin's face. Our group gets nervous, stepping away and gripping our weapons tighter. But Dustin remains perfectly calm. Like Dart really is nothing more than his dog.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I'm sorry about the storm cellar," Dustin apologizes. "That was a pretty douchey thing to do. You hungry? Yeah?" Dustin takes his backpack off and rummages through it, pulling out a 3 Musketeer. "I've got our favorite. See?" He holds up the candy bar. "Nougat." Dustin throws Dart a piece of the candy and he eats it.

It really is amazing—the bond Dart and Dustin share. A person wouldn't think a human and a bloodthirsty monster could respect each other this way. It's incredible.

"Look at that. Yummy. Here, all right?" He places the whole candy bar on the ground and Dart starts eating. "Eat up, buddy. Come on. Come on."

Steve turns to us. "Let's go," he whispers, tiptoeing past the hungry Demo-dog.

We all manage to slip by without getting eaten thanks to Dustin. Now we wait in the other side of the tunnel for him. He puts his gear back on and watches Dart eat with a smile. "Goodbye, buddy."

"Time to go," I say, and we all start running through the tunnels. We've all had enough of the Upside Down to last a lifetime. We're done with it.

The ground around us begins to shake like an earthquake, making some of us lose our balance and fall. The pack of Demo-dogs screech from somewhere in the tunnels.

"What was that?" Max asks.

We all turn in the direction of the growls and shine our lights down the dark tunnel.

"They're coming," Mike says. "Run!"

Adrenaline fuels us. We run on fear, on instinct. On knowing that if we waste a second longer, one of us will surely be dead.

We round a corner, spotting the hole we came in from with the rope hanging from it.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Steve yells. "Come on, Mike! Move, Mike!" He holds his hands out and gives Mike a boost up the rope. Then Max makes it up. Then Lucas. "Dustin, come on!"

It's too late. Shadows of the Demo-dogs run across the wall at the far end of the tunnel.

"Oh, shit," Steve curses. He grabs his bat off the ground and holds it up.

I grip two knives. Steve and I stand protectively in front of Dustin. The snarls grow closer until the pack runs around the corner, charging straight at us. Dustin and I scream.

But the Demo-dogs don't attack. They run right on by us.

The force of their powerful bodies charging by us is like a wave in the ocean. Those big waves that'll knock you over in one swift sweep, then drag you out to sea.

Steve wraps his arms securely around me and Dustin to stop us from getting swept away. Steve's head rests on top of mine and my face is buried in his chest. I keep my arms around Dustin, Steve and I becoming a shell of armor around him. Demo-dog bodies sweep across my legs. I can feel the muscles within them. The pure power they hold under their veiny skin.

The last one runs by, following the others down the tunnel out of sight. There's only one place they could be going. The lab.

We waste no time in getting out, worried that if we stayed longer, a new monster might come barreling down the tunnels at us.

I reach my hand out, helping pull Steve onto the right side up world. Our little group survived.

Christmas time is more joyful than ever this year.

El successfully closed the gate to the Upside Down, severing our ties with the world for good, and also killing all the monsters that were in our world. I'm a little sad about Dart having to die, but only because of the relationship him and Dustin shared. I'm definitely happy we won't have to deal with Demo-dogs anymore.

Joyce, Jonathan, and Nancy got the shadow monster out of Will, and he's alive and well. Back to being the Will we all know and love.

Steve veers into Hawkins middle school's parking lot, coming to a stop right in front of the door. Love is a Battlefield softly plays on the radio. Steve and I turn around in our seats to face Dustin, who sits in the back.

"All right, buddy, here we are," Steve says. "So, remember, once you get in there..."

Dustin looks out the window at the entrance of the school. His eyes nervously watch the different people going in for the Snow Ball. "Pretend like I don't care," he finishes.

At this point, I've given up on these two boys. Dustin is dead set on following Steve's advice, so there's no point in trying to convince either of them differently.

Steve shrugs. "You don't care."

"I don't care."

I throw my hands in the air. "He doesn't care!"

Dustin nods. "I don't."

Steve smiles at him. "There you go. You're learning, my friend. You're learning."

Dustin reaches to the front, adjusting the rear view mirror and messing with his hair.

"Hey," Steve says softly, moving the mirror back to normal. "Come on. You look great, okay?"

I smile at Dustin. "Your hair is perfect, Dustin."

"Yeah, you look... You look great. Okay? Now you're gonna go in there..."

"Yeah," Dustin says, getting hyped up.

"Look like a million bucks."

"Yeah."

"And you're gonna slay. 'Em. Dead," I finish.

"Like a lion," he says. "Grrrrr."

Steve stares at him. "Don't do that, okay?"

"Okay."

I lean on the console. "What Steve means is just be yourself."

Steve looks at me with a disgusted expression. He shakes his head. "No, no—don't do that. Never do that." He looks back at Dustin and holds his hand over his mouth, whispering, "don't listen to her. She knows nothing." He stops, noticing my glare. "Good luck," he tells Dustin and they do a special handshake.

Dustin gets out of the car and shuts the door. I roll my window down, shouting, "You've got this!"

Dustin turns away, looking embarrassed.

Before driving off, Steve watches Dustin go in, a fond, soft smile donned upon his lips. I find myself smiling at him, so I quickly look away.

Steve parks the car at the far end of the lot. He reaches to turn the radio off, but I grab his hand. "Just wait. I like this song."

He sits back in his seat with a chuckle, watching me sing along to the lyrics of Love is a Battlefield. "Can't say I'm surprised you're a Pat Benatar fan."

"She's a legit queen, Steve."

He holds his hands up in surrender. "I meant it as a good thing."

"We are strong
No one can tell us we're wrong
Searching our hearts for so long
Both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield"

I wait until the song completely finishes.

"Ready to go, Stevie Boy?" I ask, brushing the wrinkles out of my dress.

He groans at the nickname. "Lets go back to using last names."

I smirk at him. "No, Stevie Nicks. Stef? Stevo?"

His expression remains a deadpan stare. I open the door and step out. Steve quickly gets out of the car, practically running at me. I scream and take off running to the entrance of the middle school, Steve chasing after me.

It's a middle school dance, but some of the high schoolers help out with serving punch, taking photos... that kind of stuff. It's mostly the ones who have siblings here.

The gym is decorated in whites and baby blues. Pieces of paper are cut into snowflake garlands and hung from the ceiling. There are Christmas trees lit up and a blue and white balloon archway. Snow Ball the words hang from the ceiling in sparkly silver.

Steve wraps his arms around me from behind. "Got you," he whispers in my ear.

I spin around in his arms and look up at him with a playful grin. "Not yet."

I start towards the punch table to help Nancy out, but Steve grabs my hand. "What are you doing?" I ask with a raised brow.

"Nancy doesn't seem to be drowning right now. I think she can do without you for one dance."

"Steve!" I laugh in disbelief, then glance back at Nancy. Only one kid is there right now. She'd be okay if I waited to help just a few minutes.

"Come on." He pulls me to the middle of the room and places his hands on my hips, and I put mine on his shoulders.

I try to bite back my smile, but find that I can't. I can't hide how happy I am in this moment. No monsters trying to kill me or my friends, everyone's safe now. It's all over. There can be more wonderful moments like this one, and less of the running and fighting for our lives.

"What are you thinking about?" Steve asks, his voice low.

"Right now. This moment. How it's so bizarre to be dancing with Steve 'The Hair' Harrington at a middle school dance."

He chuckles softly and looks down. "Life has a funny way of working out."

A memory surfaces when he says that. One I didn't think much of when I was living it. I was sitting in the police office after Jonathan beat Steve up and got arrested. Flo, the secretary, asked me if I was dating Steve or one of his friends. I said I'd never date any of those assholes. She said, life never works out the way we think it will.

Now here I am, dancing with one of those assholes; who, it turns out, isn't as bad as I thought he was.

Steve's face falls when he spots something towards the back of the room.

"What...?" I follow his line of vision and spot Dustin sitting on the bleachers alone. "Oh... no."

Nancy walks over to him, taking his hand and dragging him onto the dance floor near us. He spots us and his face immediately lights up like a Christmas trees. He waltzs with Nancy in our direction.

Dustin leans in closer to me and Steve. "Electricity." He smirks, knowing exactly what he just did, then returns to dancing with Nancy.

Steve watches him with wide eyes. "That little shit... did he just..?"

I shake my head. "Kids."

Nancy and I take turns dancing with Dustin. I also dance with Will for a few songs. Steve and I witness Lucas and Max kiss, and El and Mike kiss. Steve watches them with the look of a proud mother.

For once we get to spend a night together without it having to do with saving Hawkins and the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 199 17
After the Vecna's end, Eddie and Steve are still struggling to adjust to normal life. Steve is convinced something is coming after them, and Eddie is...
50.1K 1.2K 85
Jenna Henderson and Steve Harrington have been best friends since they met back in elementary school. What happens when their tight knit bond is test...
184K 6.8K 17
This book was written before season 4 came out!! First Steddie fanfic on wattpad ‼️ "It's like a mutation. Like something here is not adding up, and...
44.2K 825 34
steve harrington x FEM! reader all rights go to the duffer brothers for the main story (along with the script) and characters. I'm just some silly pe...