Silver

By Siekyou

Why did i live? For what purpose? Why me? More

1. Dead
2. Tara
3. Seedling
4. Star
5. Strong
6. Spear
7. Hide
8. Sweet
9. Warmth
10. Home
11. Read
12. Magus
14. Girl
15. Charm
16. Mother
17.Her
18. Origin
19. Transition
20. See you soon
21. Arrived
22. Find
23. Agnes
24. Monica
Author's note
25. Handsome
26. Train
27. Respect
28. Hero
29. Bow
30. Deos
31. Fly
32. Dog
33. Visitors
34. Fabian
35. Airplanes

13. Gulp

293 28 2
By Siekyou

Silver's point of view

"Silver, is this correct?" Lori showed me her writings on the ground.

We are practicing her writing right now on our front yard, the yard that is supposed to be the shop, now became an empty space. Mother said it's good to have a space where i can play with my friends, she said it with the biggest grin she has. She knows that i don't like playing too much.

"Hm, that is correct, you only need to practice some more to improve the calligraphy, but right now you're already much better than before." I told her as i looked at the ground where she was practicing her writing using a stick.

We can't use paper for practicing writing, it may be an easy to acquire item in my last world, but in here, it's precious and quite costly.

"Lori, let's go home, Mom is looking for you." One of Lori's brothers called for her.

Lori stood up from squatting on the ground and ran towards her brother. Before she get out of our wooden fence, she looked back at me, "Bye Silver, see you!" She waved her little hand and ran to her brother who already walked off.

Because i have no where to go, i just went to the shop where mother is. She's currently cutting some woods right now.

"Hi Shade," i gently pat the horse's stomach and proceeded to go to mother.

"My seedling, what's the matter? Do you need something? Do you want some pocket money?" Mother asked me, she only glanced my way and continued her work.

"No mother, i just came here because Lori already left." I sat down on a bench near mother.

"Oh, your little girlfriend is gone, so you came back to this pitiful mother of yours." Mother smirked at me while sawing a piece of wood.

I only rolled my eyes at her, making mother laugh.

We were talking about random things when someone knocked. "Come in," mother shouted.

And in came a woman wearing a colorful dress, she looks like a peacock in heat. The woman has two men behind her holding what looks like presents.

"Hi Sylvia, oh, you're here too, Silver dear," the woman greeted seductively, at least she tried, she even have the audacity to pinch my cheek.

"Lady Morty, what can we help you with?" I forced a smile and asked this hateful woman while taking a step back.

"Oh, i'm here for your mother, Silver dear. I have a work for her. By the way, these are gifts for the both of you, i personally chose these presents for you." She motioned the man to give me all the presents, the piled up gifts on my arms blocking my view.

I can't just put all this down as the shop's ground is dirty, and the bench i'm sitting on earlier is now occupied with the other presents. I'll just carry the others, it's not that heavy anyway, besides, i'm currently circulating mana right now.

"What work is it, Lady Morty? Is it the window in your room again." Mother asked.

"Yes, can you help me with it?" I can only hear everything but i'm sure the lady said those with the hint of seduction.

Truthfully speaking, Lady Morty is a pretty woman, it's just that she's haughty and only treats me nice when mother is around. She's a widowed viscountess, and she's showing signs of liking my mother since day one.

"This is the fourth time that your window broke down, why don't you change it to a new one then?" I heard mother said, disregarding the hidden meaning behind the woman's words.

"No-" before the woman could continue her words someone barged in the shop.

For a reason i don't know, Lady Morty and mother both gasped. I can only hear everything because i can't see.

"Leave," another woman's voice broke the silence. The voice is full of authority and hostility, that it made the hairs on my back to stand.

But this voice is familiar i'm sure i heard it before. "The woman in the bookstore!" I thought to myself, i have a great memory so even if i want to, i can't just forget about anything.

I heard rustling from the other side of the gifts, and the sound of the doors closing.

"I've been looking for you for years now, and this scenario is what i'd run into." The woman in the bookstore said sounding so serious and cold.

I'm not exaggerating, but i'm pretty sure i heard mother gulp from where i'm standing.
__________________

Tara's point of view

Today, i was working on a cabinet that a customer ordered, while my daughter is out, playing with her friends. It's not everyday that she asks for my permission to go out, she always prefer to stay home to read, maybe to help me with the shop, or train in the backyard training ground we both worked hard for to finish.

So right now i'm finishing up this furniture for a regular customer. I've never been this busy before, even with my father's shop, i've never seen clients lining up on our shop, just for a table or a cabinet.

When my daughter said that she will make the shop popular, i believed her. My daughter is so smart and clever, i never doubted her one bit, but i never thought that for just two months, our shop will become popular, specially with some nobles.

"My seedling is really a genius," i can't help but to grin, feeling proud in my heart when my daughter came in the shop.

She told me that she's got nothing to do, so i just let her be. She's not a naughty kid, she won't disturb me and touch anything in the shop without permission.

We were talking about some random stuff when Lady Morty arrived. She's a regular customer, but her most frequent problem is the window in her room. She's a Viscountess who lost her husband from ill health.

I know what she's hinting at, i know her intentions in getting closer with me and my daughter, i wasn't born yesterday.

I know that my love already has her own family, but i can't bring myself to find somebody else. I once asked my daughter if she wants to have another mother to take care of her. She only said, "i don't need someone to take care of me mother, i already have you, your care is more than enough for me."

My daughter is such a sweet girl, i'm sure she's not aware of it herself, but she is. I don't know what i did in my last life for the heavens to bless me with a not just intelligent and talented daughter, but also considerate and sweet.

"Hi Sylvia, oh, you're here too, Silver dear," Lady Morty greeted us, she even pinched my daughter's cheek. I'm sure she's pissed off right now, she's only smiling politely but i'm sure she's irritated. She doesn't like it when someone is holding her face. Let alone pinch her.

"Lady Morty, what can we help you with." See? She's still being polite whilst being annoyed.

My daughter is a polite kid, as much as possible she doesn't want to be rude to anyone, but of course she's not a pushover either, she can bash your head if you annoyed her so much that she can't control herself, and that's rare, considering she's a very neutral girl who can control her emotions. Whenever i see that side of her, i can't help but to feel proud, she probably got that side from me, HAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Oh, i'm here for your mother, Silver dear. I have a work for her. By the way, these are gifts for the both of you, i personally chose these presents for you." Her entourage gave all their carrying to Silver, it's much taller than her so she can't see anything. She's so cute i can't help but to chuckle.

"What work is it, Lady Morty? Is it the window in your room again." I asked her, even though i know the answer already.

"Yes, can you help me with it?" She took a step towards me and put her index finger on my chest, her eyes are upturned and her eyelashes are trembling.

"This is the fourth time that your window broke down, why don't you change it to a new one then?" Though uncomfortable, i still need to be polite to a customer.

"No-" before she can finish, somebody barged into the shop.

Someone i'm very much familiar with, so familiar i can still remember her scent, just by seeing her.

Her purple hair, i still remember how soft it was in my hands. Her seductive lips that always break into a gorgeous smile whenever i say something silly. Her beautiful face that i always see in my dreams, and her eyes, her eyes that shines bright whenever she looks at me.

But right now, those very eyes are staring daggers at me, making me shiver.

"Leave," i don't know what's happening around me, all i can see is her.

"I've been looking for you for years now, and this scenario is what i'd run into." She said as she turned to me, what she said made me gulp.

She still have this effect on me, i can look death straight in the eyes but not her when she's mad. Never.

But all the fright i'm feeling right now wouldn't hide the fact that i miss her, i miss her so much. My love, my star, my Deborah.

"Deborah," i said as tears are welling in my eyes.

"It's been a long time. How are you, Tara?" She asked me, the shine in her eyes that was absent earlier, came back making her appearance look even more beautiful.

I don't know who initiated it, but one second we are far from each other and the next we have our lips locking.

This kiss is full of emotions, pouring all our longings and joy in it. At first it was full of anger, like a punishment, the next it was of sadness. But right now, these lips that longed for each other for a long time, finally met, sharing a passionate kiss.

We were kissing for a long time that we needed to stop in order to catch our breath, i put my forehead on hers, eyes closed, as if engraving the kiss we just shared. The tears i was preventing to fall earlier, are now running down my cheeks.

When i opened my eyes, i saw a tear fell down her right cheek. I gently wiped the tear, as i looked straight at her now opened eyes.

"You don't have to cry now, i'm here," i said to her

She looked at me lovingly and hugged me tight with her head on my chest.

We were savoring the moment when a voice coming from the left broke the moment.

"Did you seriously forget that i'm still here?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280 23 7
Why do I exist, if nobody loved me, what was I made for? That was a question that I'd ask myself every day, and although I never found an answer, I'd...
12.9K 545 30
Haru, whose life is marked by misfortunes and disappointed hopes, is struck by an unexpected twist of fate. Just when he believed all hope was lost...
4.7K 221 12
As an avid- but pretty unsuccessful- writer of fantasy fiction, I know that dragons are pretty much the pinnacle of existence. I dare anyone to argue...
5.8K 214 11
The Story follows a once human girl named Aira with almost no recollection of the memories of her old life. All she remembers is waking up in a dark...