The Jade Malfoy Book 3: Half...

By blyn99

Rated Mature for strong language Ursa Malfoy, older sister of Draco Malfoy, eldest child of Narcissa and Luc... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
AN

Chapter 5

85 2 1
By blyn99

     Narcissa knocks on Ursa's door and opens it. "Cub?" Narcissa asks. Ursa is sitting on her window seat, staring out the window numbly, and doesn't respond. "Ursa?" Narcissa walks towards Ursa as she doesn't reply again. Narcissa touches Ursa's shoulder causing Ursa to jump and snap back to reality. "Sorry. I did not mean to scare you." Ursa rolls her eyes.

     "What do you want?" Ursa asks.

     "I do love you Ursa."

     "Draco talked to you. Don't tell me you love me when you're actions say otherwise. You yell at me for things out of my control. You hit me when you promised you wouldn't. You would rather I be in fucking Azkaban."

     "I'm sorry I implied that."

     "Sorry if I don't believe you. Just leave me alone until you actually mean your apology and aren't just trying to make yourself feel better." Narcissa sighs and sits next to Ursa. They sit in silence as Narcissa thinks out what she wants to say.

     "Look, I am... we all are going through a lot right now. We all lost someone."

     "I lost two."

     "Yes... you did. I... I do not know how to handle any of this and I know that does not excuse my actions. You are not like your brother and I am still getting used to having to parent you too. You are more... free spirited than he is. He always listens and you do not."

     "I do listen if there is a good reason. I know part of the problem is I lash out like Father does."

     "Do not blame yourself."

     "Oh I don't. Not completely. Like I could have started that conversation last night a lot better but you made it physical."

     "And I am sorry for that. I do love you Ursa. I am sorry I made you feel otherwise." Ursa turns to face Narcissa and hugs her. "I'm trying." Narcissa says as she rubs Ursa's back.

***

     Late one night, Ursa cannot sleep and goes downstairs for a snack. She comes up the staircase on the other side of the manor from her room and hears crying from Narcissa's room. She walks up to the door and tries to open it only to find it locked. "Alohomora." She casts with her fingers pointed at the lock. The lock clicks and Ursa opens the door. She sees Narcissa crying in her sleep. She quietly closes the door behind her. She climbs onto Narcissa's bed and lays down. She gently rubs Narcissa's back until she quiets before falling asleep herself.

     Narcissa wakes first and smiles softly as she sees Ursa in her bed. She gets out of bed and quietly gets ready for the day. She quietly leaves the room and wakes Draco before going back to wake Ursa. "Wake up Cub." Narcissa says as she gently shakes Ursa. Ursa grumbles but opens her eyes. "Why are you in my bed?"

     "You talk too much." Ursa mutters.

     "Yes, yes, I know. You are as much of a morning person as your father and aunt."

     "You were crying in your sleep." Ursa says as she sits up and Narcissa sits where her legs were.

     "How did you know that?"

     "I came up the kitchen staircase after getting a snack instead of the West staircase and heard you."

     "You know I'm supposed to be the one to comfort you."

     "Normally yes, but you do not have anyone to comfort you right now." Ursa's stomach growls.

     "Go get ready Cub."

     "We are talking about this later." Ursa says as she stands.

     "Ursa..."

     "Mother..."

     "I am the adult."

     "Who else do you have to talk to? Do you really see Bellatrix being helpful? And I assume you don't want Draco to know something is wrong."

     "I did not want either of you to."

     "I already knew you were struggling Mother." Ursa says as she walks out.

     "Where were you?" Draco asks when he sees Ursa in the hall.

     "Mother's room. I had a nightmare again."

     "Alright."

     After breakfast, Ursa follows Narcissa to the library. "Talk." Ursa says.

     "You are not going to let this go are you?" Narcissa asks with a sigh as she sits.

     "Nope." Ursa sits next to her.

     "I'm worried about our family's future. We have lost everything your father worked hard to build, with both the Ministry and the Dark Lord. Your father is in Azkaban."

     "I never did ask for how long."

     "Twenty years since they could not prove he used an Unforgivable Curse at any time."

      "Draco seems to think the Dark Lord will break him out like he did the others."

      "If the he allows it. He is still furious that you were with Potter, the prophecy was destroyed, and that no one on our side knows the full prophecy."

     "I do, but I'm not going to tell him that."

     "Why does it not surprise me that you know?"

     "Because you know that for some stupid reason, Dumbledore trusts me."

     "I am also worried about you and Dray's safety, from both the Dark Lord and the Ministry."

     "I will be perfectly fine and if anyone wants Dray they have to go through me, you know this. I would do anything to protect him."

      "Why do you think you will be fine?"

      "Neither side would dare hurt me as they both know my prophecy. As for the future, as long as we stick together, you, Dray, and me, we will be fine." Ursa holds Narcissa's hand. "I will protect our family. I will always protect our family."

     "That should not be your job. It should be mine."

     "I know, but I am the most powerful here and I will always protect us. I promise."

     "I love you Cub."

     "I love you too." Narcissa pulls Ursa into a hug.

***

     Ursa walks into her room to see Bellatrix sitting on her couch. "Oh great." Ursa says sarcastically. "What do you want?"

     "The Dark Lord wants to speak to you." Bellatrix replies.

     "Good for him."

     "Now. He is waiting for us."

     "Then he will be waiting a very long time." Bellatrix grabs Ursa's wrist. "Hey! Let go!" Ursa tries to rip her wrist free but Bellatrix holds tight.

     "No! I am not dealing with your shit right now. Do not even think about trying to transform or we will have some alone time soon." Ursa draws her wand and Bellatrix snatches it from her before she can cast anything.

     "Hey give that back!"

     "No."

     "Mother!"

     "She is not home and neither is Draco. It is just you and me."

     "Fuck." Bellatrix slaps Ursa.

     "You know better than to use that kind of language."

     "You are right. I should have said 'Fuck you.'" Bellatrix hits Ursa again.

     "Stop struggling or you will get splinched." Ursa does not stop and Bellatrix sighs before disapparating.

     "Fuck!" Ursa yells when they land, a small but deep cut on her arm. "Give me my wand now!" Bellatrix rolls her eyes and hands it to her. Ursa heals the wound before looking around.

     "Where the hell are we?"

     "The Dark Lord's house." Bellatrix drags Ursa down the hall. She opens a door and shoves Ursa into the room.

     "Bitch." Ursa spits.

     "Shut up."

     "Make me bitch!" Bellatrix draws her wand and uses a Silencing Charm on Ursa. Ursa stomps her foot in anger and glares at Bellatrix.

     "You were not kidding when you said it would take a fight to get her here." Voldemort says to Bellatrix.  Ursa's glare switches from Bellatrix to Voldemort. "I would drop the attitude. Or I could reacquaint you with the Cruciatus Curse." Ursa's irises flash black before she rolls her eyes. Ursa removes the Silencing Charm from herself before sitting. "It is nice to see you again."

     "As I have said in the past, I wish I could say the same." Ursa snaps and Bellatrix hits her.

     "Do not be disrespectful." Bellatrix growls.

      "He has not earned my respect nor will he ever."

      "Why are you not scared of me?" Voldemort asks.

     "Because you and I both know you need me alive and sane in order to win."

     "Why do align yourself with Dumbledore?"

     "You want my best friends, friends, and their families dead. He does not."

     "So if I promised to leave your friends be, would you join me?"

     "No, because you would never do that. Even if you would, I do not trust you. You have broken promises before."

     "What do you mean?"

     "Lily Potter."

     "Severus told you."

     "He did."

     "Why do you believe I would not leave your friends be?"

     "Because my best friends are Harry Potter, a Weasley, and a Muggle-born. You want to kill Harry, the Weasleys are blood-traitors, and I do not really need to explain the Muggle-born. You would not protect them. The only way I would trust you is with an Unbreakable Vow but since you have evaded death once, it would not surprise me if you did it again."

     "Why befriend a Mudblood?"

     "Are you going to make me explain my every decision?" Bellatrix hits Ursa again.

     "Do not make me curse you." Bellatrix says.

     "Curse me and I will tell Mother."

     "Tell me about these things you can do." Voldemort says as he attempts to get into Ursa's head.

     "I'm sure Bellatrix has already told you."

     "So you were with Pott-"

     "Will you knock that off?!" Ursa snaps. "You are not getting into my head."

     "A strong Occlumens, I see."

     "Have to make sure wizards like you cannot use me."

     "I wonder if Crouch was just weak. Imperio." Ursa squeezes her eyes shut and quickly fights him off.

     "You cannot use me. My guardian may have trained me to serve you but she made sure I would still have free will."

     "You will join us eventually." Bellatrix says.

     "Take me home." Voldemort sighs.

     "You know your job Bellatrix." Voldemort says.

     "Yes my lord."

     "Do not fail me again." Bellatrix nods quickly before grabbing Ursa's arm and disapparating.

     "You do realize you are going to fail him right?" Ursa says before walking away. She goes upstairs to her room and writes music in her book. A few hours later she plays as Narcissa walls through the hall.

"Tiger on the prowl
East of Eden
Coming for you now

Keep me from the cages
Under the control
Running in the dark
To find East of Eden."

     Narcissa knocks on Ursa's door before opening it. "Sounds like you want to run away again." She says.

     "It's always in the back of my mind now Mother." Ursa replies with a sigh.

     "What is going on?" Narcissa sits on Ursa's bed.

     "Auntie literally dragged me to the Dark Lord. Hit me a few times too."

     "The Dark Lord or Bella?"

     "Bella."

     "I told her not to touch you."

     "Did you really believe she'd listen?"

     "I had hoped."

     "She's following orders. The Dark Lord wants me on his side."

     "You really should join him Cub, if he wins..."

     "I'll be killed. I know."

     "I just want you to be safe."

     "I have been thinking about it okay? Considering my options. Sadly, every time I go through the benefits and consequences, my friends win."

     "Like what?"

     "Well the best benefits I can come up for becoming a Death Eater is protection and not losing you. Loosing you and Draco is the only consequence of my friends."

     "I see. I know this is hard for you. What happened with the Dark Lord?"

     "Just him trying to get me on his side. Whether by force or not. Tried to get in my head and use the Imperius Curse."

     "What?!"

      "I'm a strong Occlumens and strong willed. Neither worked. Beatrice may have trained me to be a weapon but she still thought I should have some free will."

     "You always have been powerful."

     "Very powerful."

     "Very?" Ursa lifts her hand and points it at the door. She flicks her wrist and the door closes.

     "Colloportus." Ursa casts and the door locks.

     "Did you just..." Narcissa trails off.

     "Yes."

     "But you are only 16."

     "Mother, I used a curse only known to be used successfully by Grindelwald."

     "When you blocked your father's hex?"

     "Was not a fluke."

     "Does Draco know about this?"

     "How powerful I am? Yes. That's why he dragged me out of the library and hid. To yell at me for doing something stupid."

     "Why hide this from me?"

     "Because I did not want the Dark Lord to know how powerful I am. I do not want to be a weapon."

     "You told me you are the one who can determine his success or defeat. Why not join him then?"

     "Mother..."

     "Right. Your friends."

     "He's too cruel. The way he goes about it is cruel. No one deserves to die for something they cannot control like their blood." Errol flies in the window, hitting his wing on the side, and crashes on the floor. Ursa gets up and goes over to him. "Well at least he made it in the window this time." Ursa unties the box from Errol's leg before setting him on his feet. He tries to fly away but Ursa catches him. "Oh no you don't. Let me check your wing Errol." Errol spreads his wing and Ursa carefully feels it, checking for any breaks. "Alright. You're good. Let me send you back with the usual Howler." Ursa stands and sets Errol on her shoulders. She writes in a letter and taps it with her wand. The envelope turns red and she gives it to Errol. She takes him over to the window and holds him out it. He takes off from her arm and instantly falls. He quickly pulls himself up and flies away. "Blind old bird." Ursa mutters. "They really need to retire him."

     "What was that?" Narcissa asks

     "What? The owl?" Ursa questions before picking up the small package Errol brought. She groans as she sees it is an orange box with purple ribbon. "What did they send me now?"

     "Who?" Ursa sits back on her bed. "Why did you send a Howler?"

     "I send them one every time they send Errol telling them to retire him."

     "The Greengrass family?"

     "Right. Errol is really the Weasley's owl. Though just off the box this is from the twins." Ursa pulls the ribbon and opens the box. A toy copy of the Ford Angela flies out of the box. Ursa chuckles as it flies around the room. "I guess that was the right enchantment."

      "What is that?"

      "Not sure." Ursa catches the car as it flies by her. She pulls the card out from inside the box. "'Thank you for finding that enchantment, enjoy the Aviatomobile. Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.'"

     "How did you know the owl was fine?"

     "Lyra can be a little clumsy sometimes. Plus I have an affinity for creature care."

     "You are not taking that this year."

     "I could not fit it into my schedule anyways. It's going to make Hagrid sad. With the being able to talk to magical birds, non-magical birds can understand me perfectly."

      "You could do much better than caring for creatures." Narcissa says with a disgusted look.

     "I know Mother. It is just a hobby."

     "Please think about helping him Cub. I just want you to be safe."

     "I will."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

775K 16.5K 141
What if Harry Potter had a twin sister but she got seperated from Harry after what happened the night He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named came and visited the P...
3.8K 60 42
Rated Mature for strong language Ursa Malfoy, older sister of Draco Malfoy, eldest child of Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy. After Voldemort's return eve...
1.8K 41 7
Rated Mature for strong language Ursa Malfoy, older sister of Draco Malfoy, eldest child of Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy. The first almost 6 years of...
572 45 16
No one can say that Narcissa Malfoy does not love her son above all others, she also knows what it is to love as only a Black can. To add incentive f...