Known to you

By randxm_fanficz

Will Byers and Mike Wheeler are two kids from the 80s who are blearily surviving. Will they reunite? Or wil... More

A/N
Chapter one
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter two

65 2 0
By randxm_fanficz

*Wills pov*

I zip my bag and look at Jonathan.  He nods and we walk out of our room and meet mom by the front door.

"Ready?"  Mom asks is a hushed voice.

"Yes."  Jonathan says and I nod.  We open the apartment door and leave the room.  Mom shuts the door behind us and we ran down the building stairs.  We all ran with our bags until we made it to the bus stop. 

We made it?

Jonathan let out a sigh of relief and mom smiled.  I look blankly into the blackness of the night. 

"We're...we're going back to Hawkins?"  I ask in a strained voice.

"Yes, we're going back to Hawkins."  Jonathan smiles.  I let out a sigh of relief and laugh.

After two years we were finally going back.

Wow.

____________________

*Mikes pov*

I woke up with a pounding headache.  It was around ten o'clock in the morning.  I hadn't slept in so long.  I realized it was Saturday.

Theres a knock on my door.  I groan and sit up.

"Come in."  I shout loud enough for them to hear me.  Nancy walks in with Holly.

"Hey, how are you doing?"  She asks with a small smile.

"I'm fine.  I'll be fine."  I mutter and stand up.

"It's been two years and you're still depressed.  I really think you need to talk to someone."  She says desperately.

"I'm fine.  I just miss him.  I'm worried he's unsafe, that's all."  I respond as tears threatened my eyes.

"Jonathan will look after him, you know that."  She says.

"I'm just scared."  I say while looking down.  Holly hugged me and I smiled.

"It's okay brother!"  She says in a small voice.  I laughed and hugged her back.

"I know it is.  I'm gonna get dressed.  Thank you guys though."  I smile.  Nancy nods and her and Holly leave, closing the door behind them.

I grabbed a pair of blue jeans and a red and white and yellow striped t-shirt. 

I grabbed my Walkie-Talkie off my floor and put the pole up.  I clicked the button down.

"Hey Will!  It's Mike.  Again.  I really miss you but todays different.  I don't know why.  I just have a new sense of hope.  Maybe I'm going crazy but I guess that wouldn't be a surprise.  Anyway, I just wanted to say that I miss you and I hope you come home soon.  Over."  I say in a rush, hoping he would pick up.  I listen to static for four minutes before turning my walkie off again.

I made my way downstairs to find mom and Nancy making breakfast.  Dad and Holly were sitting on the couch, Holly was reading one of her new books to him.

"Hey Mike.  Glad you're up."  Mom says with a smile.

"Yeah."  I say with a shrug.

She hands me a plate of pancakes, bacon, and eggs.  I smile and pour syrup onto my pancakes.

"Someone's in a good mood."  Mom says with a laugh.

"Today just feels like a good day."  I shrug while putting a bite of pancakes into my mouth.

____________________

*Wills pov*

We got back to our old house around ten the next morning.  Mom told us that if Bob still lived there then that's where we would stay.  And if he didn't then she would rent us a hotel room until she could contact him. 

Because we didn't have a car, we had to walk from the bus stop to our old house.  We finally got to the road it was on and I sprinted to the house.  I felt this overwhelming sense of relief.  Like I was immediately safe here. 

I stare at our old house.  Bobs car was in the drive way.  A huge pain was lifted off my chest.  Mom and Jonathan run over to me. 

"This is it."  Jonathan says with a smile.

We all cautiously walk towards the house.  We walked up the porch. 

"Are you gonna knock?"  I whisper to mom.  She lets out a quiet sigh and closes her eyes.  She knocks on the door four times. 

No one answered for a minute.  We all looked at each other with a panic look.

Then the door opened.

Bob stood in front of us.  He looked exactly the same.  He stares at us in shock. 

"Hi."  Mom says in a sob.  Bob pulls her into a hug and she hugs him back tightly.

"Where, when, what?!"  He pulls away from her and asks.

"I'll explain everything.  But um..can we stay here for the night?"  Mom asks him quietly.

"Well it's your house isn't it?  You guys can move back in, you don't need my permission!"  Bob says with a soft smile.  Mom and him hug tightly again and he shows us inside. 

Nothing has changed.  I mean, nothing.  All the same furniture was still here.  Everything was in the same place.  It felt like home.  I was home.

"Alright well, while you're mom explains everything to me why don't you boys go get set up in your old rooms?"  Bob suggest.  Jonathan and I both nod and walk towards our old rooms.

I open the familiar door on the right side of the hallway.  Everything in the room was the same.  My dresser was still here, my bed, my desk and my chair.  Even the stuff that I couldn't bring back to the city with me remained here.  I close my door and let out a cry.

I put my two bags on my bed and sat down.  I close my eyes and let myself cry for a few minutes.  I can't believe I'm back here. 

The first thing I wanted to do was go see Mike.  But I knew that if I do that then it'll be harder to say goodbye if we have to leave again. 

So I'll wait until I know things are permanent.  Maybe I'll go to his house tomorrow and see him.  I open my eyes and look around my room.  There were old drawings that I created around my walls.  I smile at the memories as I play around with my promise ring.

____________________

*Wills pov*

Mom called Jonathan and I to the living room.  We both went out there and stood there awkwardly.

"You guys can sit.  I know you've been gone a long time but this is still you're home."  Bob gives us a small smile.  I wasn't used to older men being this kind.  I would have to get used to it again.

Jonathan sat next to mom on the couch and I sat in the arm chair across from them. 

"So obviously you guys are staying here.  Will, I'll get you re-enrolled in school tomorrow, you can start Monday.  Jonathan I'm not sure if you're planning on going to college or not but I have some money saved up if you want to start.  And Joyce the store you used to work at is still hiring.  I'm sure if you applied and explained what happened they would hire you back."  Bob explains.  I knew he was trying his hardest to get out lives back to normal. 

"Thank you!"  I say with a real smile as more tears threatened my eyes.  I can't believe it.  I'm going to see my friends.  I'm going to see Mike. 

"Of course kiddo."  Bob smiles.

"I want to go to college but I think I'm gonna wait a little bit.  Just because of everything.  I'm gonna go downtown on Monday and try to find a job."  Jonathan explains.

"Good idea.  If you need any help getting a job I can help."  Bob offers.

"Thank you."  Jonathan says with a smile.

"I'll go reapply for my job tomorrow."  Mom says weakly.

"Take a break if you need to.  There's no rush."  Bob said and grabbed her hand.  Mom smiles to him.

"When can I see Mike?"  I ask as my voice breaks.

"Well um I guess you can go over there tomorrow."  Bob shrugs.  My heart starts pounding.  There's no way this was real.

"Thank you!"  I utter to him as I felt tears fall from my eyes.  He gives a thoughtful smile. 

___________________

*Mikes pov*

I woke up on Sunday with no thoughts in my mind.  It was just blank.  Then of course I started to think about Will.  I sigh and grab my walkie-talkie off my nightstand.  It was 10:46 in the morning.  I felt a lot earlier than that.

"Hey Will it's Mike!  I'm not going to give up on you.  It's day 667 today.  I still miss you like it's the first day you left.  I don't think I'll ever get over you.  But I was just checking in.  Hoping for a reply I guess.  But I know that's naive.  I mean if you could respond then you probably would have 667 days ago.  I don't know.  I guess I still have hope.  I love you Will.  Over."  I say and drop my walkie-talkie next to me.  I bit my lip so I didn't cry.

667 days later I'm still in love with this boy.  I never would have thought that we would be here like this right now.

I guess you can never really tell what the future holds.

I groan and sit up.  I debate if I want to actually get up for the day or not.  Then I decided to. 

I got off my bed and walked over to my closet.  I threw on a pair of faded grey jeans and a navy blue hoodie.  I brushed my hair and left my room.  I ran downstairs.  Mom wasn't up yet, neither was dad.  Nancy was on the phone with someone.  Probably Robin.  And Holly was reading her book in the living room. 

I grabbed a bowl of cereal and brought it over to the kitchen table.  I ate it slowly as I thought about Will.

I've tried to move on.  I physically can't.  I love him to much.  I keep telling myself that I'll see him again.  But I have no way of knowing if I will or not.  667 days. 

I sighed and got up with my bowl of cereal.  I dumped the milk into the sink and went to the living room to sit on the couch and watch tv. 

After all, there's nothing else to do. 

____________________

*Wills pov*

At 11:30 Jonathan drives me over to Mikes house.  He said he wanted to see Nancy as well.  As we got closer to the house I fidgeted with the promise ring.  My chest hurt and I felt like my heart was going to explode.  I couldn't stop moving.

"Relax Will."  Jonathan laughs as we drive down the long road.

"You don't understand Jonathan!  He probably doesn't even remember me.  Or if he did he probably moved on.  I mean, I told him to.  Why wouldn't he?  I regret saying that now.  Jonathan I don't know!  I'm just scared."  I say in one breath. 

"Don't be scared.  And I'm sure he remembers you.  And even if he has moved on, which I don't think he has,  at least you'll be able to see him again."  Jonathan soothed.

"Thanks Jonathan."  I say quietly with a smile.  He nods and we turn onto the road where Mike lives. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 4.8K 33
-Always together? -Always. This is the story about two friends with a rare feeling in common. They're trying to figure out what is it. But they need...
48.3K 925 37
Mike Wheeler is a Prince. Will Byers is a peasant. What will happen when they cross paths? Will a sparkle of hope shine for the two of them? Under co...
33.9K 694 37
Will Byers never really cared for Mike's company ever since they left middle school. I mean he always teased him, was really immature and to top it...
1.4K 30 26
°•☆Will Byers and Mike Wheeler had been bestfriends since kindergarten. They had a special place only the both of them knew about. So what happens wh...