Long Road Ahead

By BeccaKenn17

The journey of the love of Nova and Cole. Find out what happens through love, hate, friendship, and other har... More

Chapter 1- Gift wrapped excuses
Chapter- That's The PayBack...
Chapter 3 - who said you can boss me around?
Chapter 4 - Lets do something crazy
Chapter 5- You're a idiot
Chapter 6- Coley you're adorable
Chapter 7- Your dog is weird.
Chapter 8- doing what's right
Chapter 9- outta my mind
Chapter 10- Hi. I like Pie
Chapter 11- Grandma Prescott's talk
Chapter 12- back and forth
Chapter 13- Forgiven?
Chapter 14- i'll kill them when they are sober
Chapter 15- top of the world
Chapter 16 Old Friends, New Stories.
Chapter 17- Parties I hate.
Chapter 19-
Chapter 20- Snow, Nova, Zack, to much
Chapter 21- You're a Hoe
Chapter 22- The talk is realio
Chapter 23- Can I be Four?
Chapter 24- National "i love you" day
Chapter 25- because it's warm and smells good duh.
Epilogue The End

Chapter 18- Heartbreaks and Tours

20 2 0
By BeccaKenn17

It's been two weeks and I haven't come out of my room. My mom is worried and even has had my father come over to check on me while she is at work. The funny thing is I just want Cole with me. Even though i'm hurt and also so mad at him I just want him with me.

I convinced my mom to home school me for now and the band and I are starting the tour early. I can't stay in this town any longer than I already have. There is to much hurt, pain, anger, and memories.

Cole texts me everyday twenty times a day trying to talk to me but I ignore them all. I haven't even looked at them. Karina stopped by but I wouldn't let her into my room. I heard my father talking to her about everything. I just want to be left alone for now.

"Sweetie if you're going to do this tour early you really need to start packing." My mother says coming in. "I know." I choke out. "I'm making your favorite for dinner." She says rubbing my back.

"I'm not hungry." I say. "You have to eat you're not going to starve yourself." She says in a harsh tone. "Okay. I'll eat." I say. She smiles at me but it's a broken smile not a real one. "Have you talked to him?" She asks. "I don't want to." I sigh sittiing up.

"You have to one of these days. I see how much he loves you." She says playing with my hair. "What you see and what I see is not the same." I sigh. "I know honey but just-just start packing." She says not finishing what she first wanted to say.

She gets up and walks out closing the door. I sigh standing up and grab my suitcase and duffel bag. I walk over to the mirror and look at how bad I look. I have bags under my eyes and my skin is so pale.

"All of this for a boy?" I ask aloud. "You look worst than I thought you would." Colby says walking in. "What are you doing here?" I ask turning around. "Touring starts tomorrow and your mother told me to come help you pack." He replies. "I don't need help." I grumble.

"You do. Nova you can't shut your band out. It's kinda required to talk to us." Colby smiles. I sigh. "I know." "Have you two you know broken up." Colby aks. "No. Well i'm not sure." I admit. Because honestly that night Cole did this I don't know if we broke up or if we are still together. I want to make it right with him I just don't know how. I don't even know if a break would help us.

I stand back up and toss some clothes into my suitcase. I walk around my room with Colby and pack. He is a big help putting stuff into the bag I tell him to and by the time two hours has past we are done.

"Thanks colby." I smile. "Is that a real smile?" He jokes pulling me in for a hug. "Maybe. But thank you for always coming even when I wanted to be left alone." I say into his chest. "No problem Nova." He whispers.

"Nova dinner is rea- am I interupting something?" My mom smirks cutting herself off. "No mother." I laugh letting go of Colby. "Oh well dinner is ready." She says. "Okay. You wanna stay for dinner?" I ask Colby.

"Well I might have to make sure with Snow she's not happy i'm this close to you." Colby says motioning to Snow shoving her nose into his leg. I laugh and pull her back. "Yes i'll stay." He smiles.

I smile widely at him before leaving the room and heading down the steps with Snow on my heels. "Sweetie I have a really serious question." My mom says looking up from the food. "What's that?" I ask sitting down.

"What are you going to do about prom?" She asks. I look up and sigh. I haven't thought about it at all. I'll probably still go if Cole hasn't moved on. I'm not going to forgive him but this is his prom also and means so much to him. He worked hard to ask and hard to find a tux.

"I guess I have to go dress shopping." I say. "That a girl!" My mothers says kissing my cheek. Colby enters sitting down next to me and we say grace before we start eating. I never noticed how hungry I was until tonight and ate two plates of food.

I've lost fifteen pounds total this whole two weeks and need to put it back on to get back to my required weight. "This was really good mom." I cooe. She laughs shaking her head. "I bet so." "Yeah it was really good." Mrs. Prescott.

I've always wondered why my mom still used her married name after not being with dad for so long. I'm sure it's not a big deal to why though. I look at mom and then at Colby. This is kind of nice. "I'll be right back. I have to call someone." I say standing up and heading to the den where i'm sure I left my phone.

I pick it up and dial Drew's number. It rings a few times before someone answers.

"Nov?" A raspy sick voice says. That can't be Drew. "Why do you have Drew's phone?" I choke out. I'm caught on my words by the way Cole sounds. "He's in the store I wanted to stay in the car." He answers. Why? Is it because he looks just as bad as I do? Or does he risk himself being seen by some girl?

"If you don't mind have him call me." I sigh. I'm about to hang up when Cole sighs. "Wait Nov." "what?" I asks harsher than intended. "Is there a time we can talk? In person?" He asks. "I-I don't know." I stammer. With that I hang up the phone and fall onto the couch crying.

I need to let this out. I tell myself it's all going to be alright I just need to let my anger and sadness out. I think back to a few weeks ago and walk up to my room looking at the frame withe the pictures spelling out Prom? In it. Am I overthinking the whole forgiving him?

I should atleast talk to him knowings I did kiss Drew for revenge. I can't today but maybe by the time prom comes around i'll talk to him. I just have to make sure Cole goes to prom. My phone viberates and I look over.

Drew: New Picture message..... Cole is at home. What's your deal?
Nova: Make sure Cole goes to prom. That's all I need you to do. I have a plan. A p-l-a-n.
Drew: Retard......But okay. I gotcha.

I sigh in relief as Drew told me what I wanted to know. He's helping me with a way to probably forgive Cole. I haven't thought about the next step yet but it's a working progress type plan.

Two weeks Nova. Two weeks until prom. The most magical night for a girl who always wanted to be a princess as a child. Me i'm just wanting to get it over with. This was my dream. I wanted to go to prom with the perfect boy, perfect dress, and perfect everything else.

You don't always have fairy tale endings. The little voice in the back of my head throws in.

~*~

"And you have to make sure all the boys shower and brush their teeth." My mom finally finishes. "Mom you're acting like a mad lady. Ace, Colby, or Garrison's mothers are not acting this way." I laugh hugging her. "That's because your mother is our spokes lady." Garrison's mom replies. "Mother." Garrison groans.

I laugh hugging each of our moms before climbing aboard the tour bus. Mom is alittle iffy with all us on one tour bus that has bunks but I promised her we will be fine. She should already know nothing is going to happen.

The tour consist of us, a newer band called Shooting fire and the most famous singer out of the three is Connor Smith. He's absolutly amazing and very good looking might I add. He's extremely famous also.

We start moving and as the bus pulls out of the parking lot I feel a urge of sadness. I didn't even say goodbye to my friends. Or even tried talking to Cole.

I'm by far the worst friend/girlfriend/ everything else. I've failed at this mission of happiness. Badly.

"So we are going to hit the studios to record a few songs. Is that cool?" Ace asks sitting down next to me. "Fine." I reply. "I know it's hard. It was hard when Lilian cheated on me and then left me at Prom alone." Ace says. "Lilian cheated on you?" I asked shocked. "With my cousin." He laughs.

"She was just so nice!" I say. "Was is the word sista." He laughs.

~*~

"Are you sure you want to record this song." Colby asks. "Yeah it's cool. I like it." I smile. We climb into the recording booth and take a seat on the stools provided slipping our headsets on.

Colby: Every minute that goes by is getting longer And this feeling deep inside is getting stronger

Garrison: I need relief but honestly I have no regrets The memory is just too sweet I don't want to forget

All: I can't unlove you I can't unsee those eyes I can't unfeel this way No matter what I try I can't unlove you
I can't unlove you

Nova: I was broken, without a heart
You saved my life I was sleeping, in the dark You opened up my eyes
Garrison and Nova: need relief but honestly I have no regrets The memory is just too sweet I don't want to forget

All: I can't unlove you I can't unsee those eyes I can't unfeel this way No matter what I try I can't unlove you I can't uncalm my mind I can't unwant your touch And I don't wanna try I can't unlove you, I can't unlove you

Ace: I didn't see you coming Now you're all I know I'll never let you go I didn't see you coming Now you're all I know

All: I can't unlove you I can't unsee those eyes I can't unfeel this way No matter what I try I can't unlove you! I can't uncalm my mind I can't unwant your touch And I don't wanna try

Nova: I can't unlove you
Garrison: can't unlove you
Colby: I can't unlove you
Ace: (Unlove, unlove)
Colby: I can't unlove you
Ace: (Unlove, unlove)
Nova: I can't unlove you
Ace: (Unlove, unlove)
Garrison: I can't unlove you
Ace: (Unlove, unlove)
Nova: I can't unlove you

"Nova that was amazing! I love this song!" Garrison says. "Yeah me too." Colby says hugging me. "So when can it air?" I ask our manager. "Soon. Maybe next week sometime." He says. "But it's good to preform opening night of the tour." He says. I smile at him and turn around to the guys.

"Opening night?" I ask. "Opening night it is." Garrison smiles. I shriek pulling all the guys towards me and they laugh. "I love you guys." I say. "We love you Nov!" Ace says.

After recording a few more songs we head over to the areana and get out. "I'm super nervous to meet the other band and Connor smith." I say. "Why it's just people like you and me." Colby laughs. "I know but they are already A-semi-famous or B-super famous." I say grabbing my guitar.

"People probably will the same once you are supet famous." Ace says grabbing his drum kit. "Okay right." I dramatically say as my phone viberates.

Cole: Can't even say goodbye? Or even try talking to me? You haven't once asked me for my side of the story.
Nova: I know and i'm sorry. I really truly am but right now I have to find myself. I'm going to be back soon so I want to talk then. It's not goodbye yet.
Cole: Nov I need you. I need you to let me explain myself. You're are not the only one going through this. Goh I hate myself for what I did.
Nova: we'll talk when I get back...... I have rehearsals..... If you want to we can still talk. But not about what happened. Just not yet.
Cole: Okay.... I'd like that.

I sigh and toss my phone into my purse before walking into the areana. "Are you skylights?" A man asks. "hi uh yeah that's us." I say. "Great well follow me and i'll show you to your dressing room and then to the stage." The man claps taking my guitar and Ace's Drum kit.

We follow the man to the back and enter the coolest dressing room alive to man. "Sorry I thought you all were males so I had one set up but there is a bathroom." The man says. "Oh no it's cool. We all are close." Ace says. "How did you get male from the name Nova?" I ask. "It was Noah on the list." He says lookin up from his clipboard. "Oh."

He nods before leaving. So i'm apparently Noah not Nova. There comes a knock on the door and Ace opens it up to the band that I have heard so much about. Shooting fire. "Hi. We are uh Zach, Noah- "That's where they got Noah from!" I yell cutting the guy off. Colby gives me one of those "really" looks.

"Opps. I'm so sorry. Uh you can continue Johnah." I say. "Fan?" He asks. "I mean I don't know you." I smirk. "Oh well. That's Zach, Noah, Preston, and I'm Johnah." He says. "And?" I say. "We're all brothers?" He questions.

"Thanks! Well i'm Nova not Noah, that's Ace, Colby, and Garrison." I smile pointing to each of the boys. "And we are all just best friends. Not brothers." I add smirking. "You're just a pistol ball aren't ya?" Preston asks with a smirk on his face.

"Yep and I kill on contact." I say. Zach raises his eyebrow at me before walking out. "I was only kidding!"
I yell after him. "Yeah." He replies entering his dressing room. "He's just tired." Johnah says.

I look down the hall and see Connor Smith and get this awesome idea. "Hey guys come watch." I say. They all come out and I run towards Connor shoving my band pass into my pocket. "Oh my gosh Oh my gosh. You're Connor Smith i'm like your super duper over the moon biggest fan!" I screech latching onto him.

I wrap my legs around his waist and he looks mortified trying to hold onto me. "I-uh- your pretty and everything but how did you get back here?" He asks. "Oh my gosh you think i'm pretty! You're just the sweetest cookie ever! Can I get a picture with you!" I smile. I motion for Colby and he starts by.

"Hey you dude can you take our picture." I add. "Uh sure." He smiles. Taking the picture of me still latched onto Connor. "Thanks so much! I really really appreciate it." I say way to quickly. I look over at the security guard and climb down off of Connor. "Well I really have to go bye!" I shout running down the hall.

I look back at a Confused and mortified Connor and laugh. "Weirdo." I chuckle before going back into my dressing room.

*Connor's Pov*

I stand in the same spot wondering about the girl I just saw. I was walking to the other preformers dressing rooms to meet them when some crazy yet beautiful girl comes out of no where and latches onto me. I was in such shock I didn't know what to do.

I walk down to Skylights dressing room and knock entering. "Hey! I'm connor." I say seeing only three boys. "Isn't there suppose to be a girl with you?" I ask. "Oh yeah well she's uh busy doing something else. But you'll meet her later. This is Garrison, Ace and i'm Colby" the boy named Colby explains.

"You're the one that took the picture for that girl, right?" I ask Colby. "Yeah that's me. She seemed nice?" Colby says more like a question. "Oh well i'll see you at Rehearsals." I say walking out.

That was weird.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Vote, Follow, Comment.

Oh my gosh guys so what did you think of Nova being a little turb to Connor? Ha. So i'm doing my best to update more often. This summer I have so much to do with volunteering. So i'll try to update once a week or once every two weeks if I can! Please please tell me what you think! Thanks guys! Much love to ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 119 8
A short, imperfect story of a perfect couple. Except the character name, everything is real. The story revolves around two lovers, who started knowin...
288 1 13
It about this girl that accidentally runs into her crush in the hallway and she finds out that he actually likes her and she was about ready to give...
88 0 17
A girl who has a love hate, crush on a fello who feels the same way...however it's never as simple as it seems between them as they also go to the sa...
1.3K 255 25
This is a story about Georgia getting with the guy that she has wanted to be with all her life the guy that every girl wishes that she could be with...