ᴄʜɪʟᴅʀᴇɴ ᴛᴏʏꜱ (gi x child! re...

By Flower_stem

❝ᴏɴᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ❞ 。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。 ♡A collection of Genshin Impact x Child! Reader one shots. Request a... More

Requests [○]
Newbie
I'm sorry
Redemption

Running Red Path

707 29 3
By Flower_stem

"A path is big enough for two to cross it"

Tw: suicide attempt,hurt/comfort[?] (angst and fluff).
Please stay until the note at note the end.

♡Diluc♡

Starsnatch Cliff a scenic place for couples. And for those who surrender themselves to the world•

The twinkling stars seemed dull this night. It's constant bright shine that lit up the night was sinked into the dark abyss of the sky. Leaving the moon to substitute with it's silver light. Beaming over the land of Mondstadt, as citizens rested in their homes. 

Yet a waking presence still stood up at this late hour. A man with long vibrant red hair and eyes as well. But his eyes looked drained out of any life, shadowed by his hair while he walked over the leafy grass. Stepping intricately to his destination, not minding the following mob of monsters behind his trail. To him it wasn't important, nothing was important anymore. Not after he lost his father.

After a while he met with a tall mountain, looking up he knew he was almost there. Just a little while longer. Taking a deep in breath, he ready himself and placed his arms and lifted his body. Gripping onto the crevices of the rocky wall, using all his strength until his arms ached. Yet he didn't stop, ignoring the scorching pain he continued to climb the mountain. Not even stopping when his arms felt too numb move, he couldn't he was so close giving up wasn't a option anymore.

Finally after eons his hand reached the top. Struggling he shakingly pulled himself, flopping onto the peak's surface. His breaths huffed like one of a dog's, clutching the fabric of his collar pulling it loose. Gripping the back of his head he let his out hair to drape down his back. And then removed his black jacket and shoes before he wobbly raised up. As he stood his eyes took in the scenery, it was silent the moon illuminated the sky as the wind grazed his back pushing him forward. Step after step, his feet crushing the crunchy leaves beneath him. The sound hadn't bothered him though, more or less it was calming, making him more content.

His steps led to the peak of Starsnatch Cliff, one step away from the edge. Where looking down he hovered over a continuous pool of water and slightly peaking out sandy land. Sighing he looked back down the flat steep mountain surface, no one in sight. 'Good' the man thought he didn't want anyone ruining the moment, nothing to stop him there was no turning back now. So turning back, taking another breath closing his eyes. About to take the final step before a soft voice meekly spoke up.

"Mister... please don't do it...". Snapping his head back, his red eyes widened searching for the unknown voice. His vision was met with a really young child who stood small and timidly with a bouquet Cecilia's sticking out of the satchel by their waist. The red haired man felt confused and shock mixed with building irritation, when did this child get here?! And why now of all time! The man turned around stepping away from the tip of cliff, glaring at the small child.

"What do you want kid"

The harsh made the child shreeck in fear, they wanted to help prevent this man's death yet his glare made the words disintegrate before it could leave their mouth. Gathering the all the courage, they made their way towards the man swiftly grabbing his sleeve and quickly pulled him back to a more balanced surface level. Tumbling both down on the grassy ground. The man stabled the both of them before making any harsher impact. Holding the child in his chest gated by his left arm, who held back onto him tightly. 

Once his knees hit the ground and when the child was securely placed safe on the surface as well, he removed his arm but the young child stayed in place. Head stuffed in his firm chest while they started to shed watery tears. "Please... please... don't do it mister...please..." the child pleaded. They couldn't take it, they didn't want someone to loose their life like they let their mother's, like they let others. It broke their heart seeing many people stand at this peak stepping to end their life. They felt guilty,  that they could somehow make them turn around, preventing many lost lives and many grieving families. Yet they watched as people fell down to the bed of death. 

When they saw the man with red haired man about to take his final step, they couldn't take it anymore. They couldn't watch any longer. They watched people go through many types of grief, almost all resulting in the many standing on this cliff in the past and just like the man today. They didn't want the past to repeat, not again not ever.

"Hey..? Kid let go...I-I.. I won't do it okay... just let go" the man softly said, no longer a harsh tone in his voice. He looked down at the child who was stuffed in his chest still,  before they plopped their behind onto ground still holding tightly onto his shirt fabric. They looked at him glossy eyed and sniffled "Y-you promise right?". Looking at the child's face, he sighed. He didn't want to make promise unable of keeping, but this child was probably not going to leave him alone if he refused. "Yes I promise".

The child didn't look convinced, but remained silent standing up as well the man. As soon he stood, turning his body"Night kid" was all he said before he started walking down the mountain. Excepting both to head their separate ways. What was unexpected was the younger's footsteps behind his, shaking it off they probably making their way done the mountain as well.

Yet even when they both reached lower grounds, they still followed him. Quietly trailing behind while their breaths mixed with the wind. But he still remained silent, letting them follow him longer. Between silence thoughts implanted itself into the red haired man's head 'who was this child?' 'why were where they there?' 'Who was this child's parents?'. Deciding to answer his curiosity, continuing walking he broke the night silence.

"What's your name kid?" 

"[Name], yours mister?"

"Diluc"

No word after that. Diluc wanted to asked more questions but refrained himself from doing so. Something compelled him not to, an unknown source keeping him silent again. Maybe it was that [Name] seemed nervous that one more word would shake their soul out. He already felt a bit bad for scaring the child earlier and didn't want to scare them more. So they walked until reaching a huge tavern. Diluc turn to the kid glancing quickly to the entrance before back at the child. "This is my stop uh [Name]. You should go home now, your parents must be worried by now." [Name] kept quiet not responding but gave a wave.

The man nodded, before slowly opening the tavern doors and entered. [Name] stared at the door, then turned away for their eyes caught sight of a loose wagon. They smiled making their way towards it, strugglingly seating themselves in the back. Picking up one of the many apples that layed on the wood, nibbly munching it. 

'See you tomorrow mister Diluc'

-♤-

The sun had risen a new day had began. The tavern doors opened again and Diluc leaving to start another day serving at Angel Shares. He walk his regular path reflecting on the events of last night. It repeat itself in his mind like a broken record. Halting his thoughts a hand grab his dark jacket sleeve. "Good morning... Mister Diluc." Glancing back, [Name]'s small body was standing closely behind him. 

"What are you doing here [Name]?"

The child seemed embarrassed with the question,  facing their head away in a shy manner. A light red hue dusted on their small chubby face while they softly whispered" I...wanted to be sure you wouldn't do anything...". [Name]'s voiced lowered even more, tone changing into a more sadder one as their mouth contrasted into a small frown. Tugging harder on the fabric, fidgeting between the thick cuffs.

Diluc looked surprised, why did this kid act like they cared.  They couldn't, why would they. But even with the many doubts swormed in his head, he still felt a feeling of warmth embrace his body. Maybe it was his vision or maybe the weather was more humid today, he didn't know which. Or ignoring what it really ment. He settled to not think about it at the moment, his brain would circuit overboard and he didn't want to his performance to deteriorate at work.

Pulling away his sleeve from the child's grasps, making them look back at him once again. "Well I didn't, so there's no need for you following me. Go...g-go home now" he felt tints sadness pin needles in his heart as he said those words, internally not wanting the child's presence to disappear. He watched [Name] in anticipation waiting to see if they would quiver away from his facade of unpleasanty. After a while he suspired a silented groaned before after continuing his path to the city. Slightly relieved when he heard quiet footsteps squeak behind again.

Author's note:

Sorry if my writing in this is repetitive. I have a bad flu and my mind is a bit foggy. When I'm better I might rewrite this.

And I deeply apologize if I didn't display the concept right. Everyone has their own experience and should be heard.

But on an important note if you are experiencing suicidal thoughts, or planning on committing suicide. Please speak to a mental health professional you are not alone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438K 13.1K 96
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
155K 3.3K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
221K 11.4K 44
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
427K 29.2K 43
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...