Infirmitas

De YrisYsabella

The underground world of mafias was shaken when merciless, cunning Jin ascended as the leader of their organi... Mais

Characters
Chapter 1: The Grim Reaper and The Pale Man
Chapter 2: A Siren and a snake
Chapter 3: Tiger Flower and his leverage
Chapter 4: The Gentlemen of Hope
Chapter 5: My Saving Grace
Chapter 6: A Fallen Angel
Chapter 7: A Guilty Pleasure
Chapter 8: A Fatal Attraction
Chapter 9: Mayday
Chapter 10: Reign of Terror
Chapter 11: An Interrogation
Chapter 12: Lifeline
Chapter 13: A Whirlwind Romance
Chapter 14: My Guardian Angel
Chapter 15: Achilles' Heel
Chapter 17: Collateral Damage
Chapter 18: A Change of Heart
Chapter 19: Tried and True
Chapter 20: Ghosted
Chapter 21: Elpis
Chapter 22: The Truth Untold
Chapter 23: A Lull before the Storm
Chapter 24: Treachery
Chapter 25: Goodbye, My Love
Chapter 26: Dead Man Walking
Chapter 27: Annihilation
Chapter 28: Changed
Chapter 29: Forgiven and Forgotten
Chapter 30: Lost and Found
Epilogue: Amor Vincit Omnia

Chapter 16: A Chink in the Armor

22 3 0
De YrisYsabella

Yoongi's POV

"Crane Flower. He's around him, following him."

He said in a cracked voice. It worked. Threatening him with my life worked. Why? Why does it matter you? My life doesn't matter to you. You made that clear five years ago.

"Only him?"

He nodded. He dropped his eyes. His tear-filled eyes. I never saw him cry during the three years we were together. Until that one evening. The night he tried to kill me. He looked the same way. He looked...distraught. I need to fucking think. This is making me fucking confused. I stood up and went to the surveillance room. I found Jin hyung there, peering at the monitors.

"Crane Flower. Is it confirmed?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Locked on him a few days ago. They'll close in on him soon."

"How?"

"Kim Namjoon noticed him tailing. He's not useless after all."

"Is he the same guy Jungkookie is seeing?"

"Not him. Elpis confirmed."

"Just an ordinary guy who swept him off his feet?"

He clicked his tongue. "Don't."

He's disappointed. "Why?"

He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Elpis reported that he might have already engaged in...some sort of activity."

I snorted. "How sure is he?"

"Certain. He said the trailer kept rocking. And the noise..."

I chuckled and tapped his shoulder. "He's a grown man."

He suddenly became sullen. "Yoongi. You know...that I won't let anything happen to you right?"

"I know."

"What happened inside, I won't allow it if I know that it won't work."

"How do you know it will work?"

He just stared at me. Am I missing something?

"He showed his weakness five years ago."

I snorted. What a fucking joke.

"Because he failed to kill me? He just missed."

"Siren never missed."

The stab he gave me caused only a puncture to my pericardium, a very thin structure. I suffered from cardiac tamponade caused by the pericardial effusion. Fatal but can be remedied with a quick response. If he stabbed me deeper, it would have certainly pierced through my heart.

"He never meant for you to die. He just wanted to make it look like he can kill you."

No fucking way. He can't kill me? He doesn't want me to die? Why? His phone dinged. He eyed the screen.

"They found Canary Bird. We have to go."

"What do we do with...Jimin?" I hesitantly asked.

He raised his head to look at me. "I'll kill him before we leave. You have other plans for him? Did the events of today, change what you feel?"

He stared at me sternly.

"No. What I'm only saying is, you'll give him a quick and easy death?"

He narrowed his eyes. "What do you want to do?"

"Let's bring him to his bosses. Make it look like he betrayed them."

"He might get in the way."

"I'll have someone watch him."

He gave me a lingering look.

"Whatever you want."

I went to the weapons room and took a shackle. I removed one key from the ring. I don't know why I'm doing this. Nothing changed. I just...I will salvage you this one time. We can go back to wishing each other dead after this. But today, I'll let you out. Just because you sold one of your brothers for me.

I walked to the interrogation room and found Jötunn outside the door. I tossed the shackle to him.

"We're taking him. Let me talk to him first."

I quickly entered. I heaved a deep sigh as I walked towards him. I sat on the table and discreetly slid the key. He noticed. He looked up at me and we stared at each other.

"You're going to come with us."

I said in the most casual voice I could muster. Then I stormed out of the room. I motioned for Jötunn to get him. I went back to the weapons room to get a gun and a rifle before going to the lines of cars parked outside. I saw Jimin being loaded in. Fight for your life. I don't care how you do it.

I rode solo in my own car. Jin hyung was in the head of the convoy. I took my in-ear and fastened the covert mic on the collar of my shirt.

"Pale Man, in."

"We hear you loud and clear."

"We're rolling out."

"Who's with the snake?" Basilisk asked.

"In with the deadweight."

I heard Harpy say. She's with Jimin? The cars started to move out. I peered at the rearview mirror. His was three cars behind me. We reached an almost empty freeway. The car behind me overtook mine. I looked at the mirror again. Their car swerved a little. I took a deep breath. I hope he...she's fine. I looked out front. Most of the cars were already out of my sight. Another one passed me again.

Then I saw the car veered out of lane and into the other before it flipped sideward and crashed. My car screeched into a stop. I took my gun and hopped off.

"Bigfoot here. We have a little delay. We'll be with you shortly."

"What happened?"

"Snake's out of the basket."

"Need help?"

"Nah. We can handle it."

"Jötunn and Harpy?"

"Not sure yet."

Then a gunshot.

"Fuck. Gwishin's down. Will pursue."

I ran. Fuck. Fuck. Why didn't I think of it? Why did I miss it? He'll kill. Of course he will. I saw the overturned car. I heard more gunshots. I went to it and looked inside. Harpy was sprawled at the back. I reached in and felt her carotid pulse. There was none. I noticed the chain marks on her neck. Shit. I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry. I moved to the driver's side. Jötunn was there, unconscious. His head was bleeding but he's still breathing. Sorry, I have to move you. I pulled him out of the car and dragged him to the side of the road. Then I ran again.

More gunshots. I passed by Gwishin's body. A bullet to the head. I took a deep breath. This is all my fucking fault. I ran faster. I don't know where they went. I saw a man scampering away from the bridge. I loped towards it. Meters away, I can see Bigfoot and Jimin fighting. Bigfoot is large and strong. But Jimin is quick and strategic. His brute strength was no match for him.

Jimin's arms were tightened around Bigfoot's throat by the time I was only a few feet away. He was kneeling while Jimin was behind him. His eyes were already rolling back, his arms thrashing weakly. He's going to die. This has to end. I stopped and aimed my gun. I took a deep breath before I squeezed the trigger. Jimin harshly flinched. Bigfoot plopped to the ground. He looked ahead and our eyes met.

Run. Don't just stand there. Fuck you. Run. He looked at me while holding on to his bloody shoulder.

"Pale Man, move a little to your right. I have visual."

Fucking shit. The others have already caught up to us. I drew the slide and pointed the gun once more. Then he ran. He was followed by a slew of bullets. Run faster. Fucking run faster. He jumped over the bridge and into the water. I darted after and looked down along with two others who were shooting at him. I was holding my breath, hoping that I won't see the water tinted red.

"We lost him." Dal Tokki said over the line.

"How do we know? He might be dead."

"As long as we don't see a body, he's not."

"How did he even escape?"

I stared at the water as I listened to their conversation. It's so still. Where is he?

"Body Count?" Jin hyung asked.

"Two. Gwishin and Harpy."

"Where's the Pale Man?"

"I'm here."

"Follow quickly. I need to talk to you." 

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

11.1K 547 56
COMPLETE VERSION + SEQUEL ON AO3 South Korea. More specifically Daegu. The home and base of the most dangerous, mysterious, feared Mafia in the world...
142K 5.8K 32
Yoongi x Bangtan Yoongi, He is the stereotypical lonely guy that you see in every school. Hoodie up, and sweatpants or something nerdy. You know tha...
1.9M 82.6K 50
Taehyung, a poor boy who was abused by his father and lost all of his desires to live but, fate decided something else for him when he met someone wh...
56K 2.3K 41
The feared mafia, V, needs his money back. Instead, he finds a precious gem who has no clue about the dangers of the world. V takes what he wants and...