Silver

By Siekyou

Why did i live? For what purpose? Why me? More

1. Dead
2. Tara
3. Seedling
4. Star
5. Strong
6. Spear
7. Hide
8. Sweet
9. Warmth
10. Home
12. Magus
13. Gulp
14. Girl
15. Charm
16. Mother
17.Her
18. Origin
19. Transition
20. See you soon
21. Arrived
22. Find
23. Agnes
24. Monica
Author's note
25. Handsome
26. Train
27. Respect
28. Hero
29. Bow
30. Deos
31. Fly
32. Dog
33. Visitors
34. Fabian
35. Airplanes

11. Read

313 24 4
By Siekyou

Silver's point of view

We've been living in the capital for a month now, all i can say is our life is pretty busy now. Of course we never forget to train every night before going to sleep.

But mother is always busy now with the shop, and so am i, but sometimes, our neighbour's kids are coming to our house to ask me to play, which mother always agree on without my permission.

They are good kids, but i'm not really into playing, what i want to do is to read. I miss reading, i miss relaxing with a cup of coffee while reading a book under the shade of a tree. Mother said that ten years old is the age where commoners begin to study, she told me that she only taught me how to read and write because i insisted and she saw potential in me, which i greatly appreciate.

"Why don't we go somewhere different? I don't want to play on the fields anymore, it's too dusty and all we do is run around." I complained to Lori while we are making our way outside our house.

Today is a day where she forced me to go out and play with them. I like Lori, she's a nice kid, i can't see any malice from her eyes whenever we talk, probably because she's still a child, that she's still innocent from the dirt of the world.

"Where should we go then? There's nothing much we can do." She said as she linked her arms to mine again, i noticed that she's a clingy kid, but i don't mind, i'm not that evil to push away a child.

"Is there somewhere we can buy books?" There's only the two of us today because all her other friends are absent.

Lori seems surprised with my words because her eyes went wide and stopped mid step.

"Silver, you know how to read? Aren't we just the same age?" She asked, still not moving from her spot making me stop too and look at her.

"Yes, i know how to read, and yes, we are of same age." I answered her a little amused, this kid can be cute too sometimes.

"But how? When did you learn?  Aren't we supposed to study only when we reach ten? Mama said that studying is hard and takes a lot of time. How did you learn?" She asked as she continued walking, making me walk too as she's still linking arms with me.

"Hmmm, mother taught me how to read when i was three years old. Studying is hard yes, but everything is hard at first, unless you really want to do it."

"Wow! You're so smart Silver! I want to learn how to read too, but my brothers don't want to teach me, they said that girls are only supposed to cook and do chores." She said while looking down with an adorable pout.

Other kids can be this cute too? I never knew that, the only cute kid i can accept before, is Wendy.

"They said that? Well they're stupid, you're a smart kid yourself. If you want, i can teach you. I'm not sure if i'll be a good teacher, but i can try." I offered to her feeling sorry.

I thought that because this world is a non homophobic world, there wouldn't be a discrimination against gender, like having gender roles, i guess i'm wrong.

"Really? You will teach me? I'd love that!" She jumped from her place, not minding that she's already pulling me with her.

"Yes, now calm down and bring me to a bookstore, so we can buy a book for you too."

"There are bookstores near the noble district, we can buy there. Oh! There's also a library where you can read for free, but, we can't go in there because the book lady said that noise isn't allowed in there." She told me, now calmly walking again.

"I see, we should visit the bookstores first. Where is it?" I now feel excited because finally, i can read once again.

"Let's go." She said and pulled me.

After a couple of minutes walking in this busy City, we arrived at the place where the bookstores are. The street is probably the art street because i see a lot of store selling art materials and art pieces, i even saw some people doing street performances, like poetry, street plays, and music.

My inner hobbyist and artist soul is speaking to this place, i think i'm in love.

I was so fascinated with everything that i can't help but to look left and right whenever something catches my eyes. I think i'll be a regular in here.

"Come on, Silver, the bookstores are right there." Lori pulled me to the quieter area of this lively place.

As we walked towards the bookstores, i can see some people dressed in expensive clothes, there are even parked carriages everywhere. Come to think of it, Lori said that this place is near the noble district. Now i understand, there's no group of people who loves fancy arts and music more than the nobles, of course they'll be here.

We went inside the largest store in the area. The inside is bright, a lot of books are neatly lined up in the aisles. There are so many books that i can't help but to gulp, i want to read them all, my inner bookworm screams to the top of her lungs.

Like the outside, there are also lots of people in here, most of them are nobles, no, they are all nobles. If not, then some are probably rich merchants or business men.

"Are commoners really not interested in reading? What a shame." I thought myself feeling disappointed.

I also saw some robed people wandering around.

"Again, what's with robes and this world?" I thought.

I decided to just go on with my search, they don't bother me anyway.

I want to buy a book about magic and magus, i want to learn how to control it. I missed the opportunity to test on a magus orb, so i don't know my magus capacity, or wether i even have it. Having an acceptable capacity is already nice.

It's so hard to look for a certain book when there are lots of them.

"What book are you looking for Silver?" Lori asked, as she looked around embarrassingly. She's probably not used to being surrounded by nobles. The people inside the shop are looking at us, as if we are a piece of art in the weird art museum, but i don't care, they're none of my concerns.

"Books about magus and mana," i answered, still absorbed with looking at the books.

Because i'm not looking where i'm going, i accidentally bumped into someone, making me step back.

"Wow! He's surely strong!" I looked up at the person i bumped into, he didn't even budge when i bumped into him. He's wearing what looks like a knight's uniform.

"I'm sorry sir, it was an accident." I apologized to him politely.

He looked down at me and his eyebrows met in the middle, showing confusion, i don't know why he's confused, but i'm sure he is. I can read people's expression like reading the alphabet. Perks from meeting fake people almost every in my last life.

Before he can utter a single word, someone from behind him came.

"What's happening there sir Calvin?" A gentle voice from a woman made the knight turn his back on me and face her.

I can't see the woman who's the source of that pretty voice because the man is blocking my whole view with his big body.

"It was nothing, Your Grace. It's just, a kid bumped into me." The knight, called sir Calvin answered respectfully. He stood to the side and show me to the woman, making me see the woman clearly.

A woman a wearing a stunning black dress, covering her voluptuous body, that's probably more expensive than this whole store is what i saw. She's got a high nose, a perfectly lined pair of eyebrows, a seductive red lips, and very beautiful purple hair. But the most noticeable thing of all about this woman is her eyes, a very shiny, but very sad eyes. A very beautiful pair of silver eyes, it looks very cold and serious but somehow, it made me feel at ease.

As the woman saw me too, her eyes widened for a bit, but afterwards she frowned, making the earlier reaction seem like an imagination. The woman squinted her eyes at me, as if scrutinizing my whole being.

"Uhmm, i'm sorry if i bumped into your companion, i didn't mean to. I wasn't looking where i was going." I apologized to her too, feeling a little uncomfortable with her stare.

"Who are you?" The woman asked me, still looking at me seriously.

"My name is Silver, ma'am." I feel giddy.

"I'm a regular in here, but i don't think i ever saw you before, is this your first time here?" The woman asked me.

"Why is she even talking to me? Aren't nobles supposed to be high and mighty, they can't even look at commoners like me?" I can only ask those questions in my head, being around this woman is both frightening and safe at the same time.

She's got this intimidating aura that me, the great Silver, the one who conquered the world with only her wits, can't help but to be intimidated.

"I think i'm becoming more and more like my mother, being overly narcissistic."

"Yes, ma'am, this is me and my friend's first time in here." I answered her, feeling a little awkward.

"What sort of books do children like you are looking for? Are you looking for fairy tales? Do you even know how to read?" She asked us both. Her words seem to be contemptuous, but her tone isn't insulting but rather curious.

"Well, i do, we're looking for books about magus and mana, and beginner books for my friend here, to learn reading." I answered motioning towards Lori who's hiding behind my back. She's probably intimidated by this woman too, and i can't blame her for that.

The beautiful woman only nodded her head.

"But, those books are supposed to be pre ordered, as books like those are in demand. I have those books here that i pre ordered, you can have it." The woman pointed towards the guy holding two thick books and two thinner ones beside the guy who's holding five thick books, all books are covered in brown paper as packaging.

"Oh no, it's alright ma'am, you said that those books should be pre ordered, i'm sure you've waited for it too. That would be too much." I declined her offer, because that would be too much of a hassle for her.

"It's no problem, i can always order it and get it today too. Besides, i don't take no for an answer." I can't help but to gulp at her words.

The woman motioned the man to hand us the two thick and two thin books. I just accepted it, i feel like i have no choice but to oblige.

"Thank you, ma'am." I just said to her, slightly embarrassed, and i'm not someone who easily gets embarrassed with anything.

"It's alright." The woman is about to say something else when another woman wearing round eyeglasses, came up to her and whispered on her left ear.

The woman nodded her head, and looked our way. "I enjoyed talking with you, but i have a meeting to attend to, i'll be on my way." The woman then turned her back to us, and go out of the shop.

"But i didn't even get to pay." I mumbled to myself while looking at the woman's back.

_____________________

Outside the shop

A fancy carriage was waiting outside the bookstore, making the other carriages around it look cheap.

A purple haired woman, walked out of the shop and get on that fancy carriage, with the help of a knight holding her hand.

Before the carriage could take off, the woman called the knight standing beside it.

"Sir Calvin, the child i was talking to earlier, find everything you can about her, and i mean everything. I want it as soon as possible." The woman ordered, authoritatively.

The knight nodded his head, "yes, Your Grace."

The woman inside the carriage closed the curtains, as she ordered the coachman to proceed.

"Is that really you?" She mumbled to herself.

And off the carriage go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
12.8K 545 30
Haru, whose life is marked by misfortunes and disappointed hopes, is struck by an unexpected twist of fate. Just when he believed all hope was lost...
491K 27.6K 59
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...
4.3K 5 53
During judgement, it seems god decided to repeat what I was hoping for.