The Underground

By butterflytint

As the daughter of a rich and prominent government figure, you've always been meticulous, turning to hacking... More

intro
Japan's Fourth Most Wanted
Helix Armed Agency
Cell #113
Shinjuku Noodles
village chase
The Captain
The Command Team
Assigment: Information Retrieval
Marble Steps
Just an Extra Training Session
Hello Kitty Bandaid
Huh?
Train to Yokohama
Dance with the Devil
A message for Daichi
tequila mockingbird
take me shopping
Top of the Cosmo Clock
July 20th
let me take care of you
Tokyo's finest . . . hacker
An "American" Breakfast
Date Technologies
winding down
the arsenal
Itachiyama's Apothecary
Fox's Trap
Devil's Playpen
Tears of the Moon
A Star's Ember
Glass Cages
The Sun Realm
Someone
Watch me die
Brother's Keeper
5:43

Obsidian Skies

2.9K 79 95
By butterflytint

Was missing the characters so here's a lil bonus content to see how our favs are after the trauma 😍

*****

"Bokuto, get out of there!" you cried into the mic, your eyes frantically chasing his heat signal on the screen.

Bokuto breathlessly yelled back in the comms as he ran, "How long till the place goes down?"

"Like ten seconds! Iwa is outside already," you answered. "He saved the hostage and you took care of the ransom money they were after—wait . . . you did get the briefcase, right?"

Bokuto let out a high-pitched laugh, "Do you think I'm dumb enough to leave that behind? That was the second highest priority on the mission. Say, Y/n—how long do you think it would take for me to maybe jog up to the third floor and back out again."

You let out an angry scream, "You forgot the briefcase?! That has thirty million yen in there!"

"Now, now, my love," Oikawa's pretty voice purred into your shared Bluetooth call. "No need to get so worked up yet. Leave all that feistiness for me later tonight."

You palmed your face as you heard Iwaizumi, Kuroo, Kenma, and Bokuto express their disgust for his tasteless remarks on the group call. You growled, "I knew I should've gone on the mission. Listening to an idiot like you always lands us in the worst situations."

"Hey!" the brunette whined.

"Did you even do your assignment?" you quizzed, switching over to the footage on the docks where he was.

"Of course, princess," he cooed, all relaxed and impish. "Kuroo, Kenma, and I intercepted the information like half an hour ago. Now we're drinking smoothies."

"They're pretty good," Kenma murmured into the mic.

You and Akaashi shared an annoyed look as you watched from the main screen in the central operations room in the new headquarters. A little disappointment was on each of your faces as you and Akaashi reached for your lukewarm water bottles to take a sip.

"Mhm, strawberry banana is really hitting the spot right now," Kuroo chimed in.

Oikawa childishly piped, "Y/n, it's that place we went to right after you cried about how awful you did on your bio midterm."

You gasped, "Ohhh, you're right! That place was so good. The berry bomb smoothie was—"

"Did you guys forget that we're on the clock right now?" Akaashi monotonously interrupted.

"Oh, right," you turned back to the computer. "Bokuto, where are you now?"

Bokuto casually responded, "Oh, the fire was blocking the exit, so I jumped out of the third story window."

"WHAT?!"

"It's fine," he assured. "May have torn my ACL and broken a rib or two but Iwaizumi and I are coming to that smoothie place! Where is it?"

"Dude, it's right by that park we stopped that mugging at in Shibuya," Kuroo gave him the strangest form of directions.

It seemed to bode well because Iwaizumi responded, "Order us drinks so they're ready when we get there."

You slipped your headset off, setting it down and sighing while also pressing your forehead on the desk.

"They're like babies," you groaned.

Akaashi hummed in agreement, "Hmm. But we wouldn't rather have it any other way."

You turned your head to face him while still having your temple pressed against the surface of the table, a weary smile on your face, "That's true."

"How's everything going?" Coach's voice greeted from behind you two.

You looked back at him, as did Akaashi. The great director of Helix was accompanied by your dear caretaker while growing up, Takeda. Takeda had a bright smile on his face, a kind expression as he saw you.

"Great," you grinned. "Everything went pretty smoothly."

"Yeah, we acquired the information of the narcotics being shipped illegally from the port. And we got the hostage and the ransom money the family handed off to the kidnappers. They've been arrested too."

"Perfect," Takeda closed his eyes.

"Yeah, great work," Coach gave a thumbs up. "The less incidents mean little paperwork Takeda would have to do and the less I'd have to look over."

"Oh," you pressed your palms together, glancing shakenly at a frowning Akaashi. "We might have to book a room with Kiyoko in the med bay for Bokuto."

Takeda let out a tearful and brief sob, "I knew it was too good to be true."

They walked off as you and Akaashi shared a tired laugh.

*****

Futakuchi handed you the folder of Date Technologies information, "It's the schematics of our new project. Sorry about my mom earlier, by the way. She gets a little excited sometimes."

You chuckled, flicking your wrist, "It's no problem at all. You know I love her. And thanks for dinner, it was great."

"You're welcome, it's too bad Oikawa couldn't come," Futakuchi said.

"Yeah, he was caught up with work," you told him, holding the file close to your chest. You looked over your shoulder, seeing a familiar brunette shooting a charming grin at you from the driver's seat of his car. "There he is right now. I'll see you soon, Kenji."

You fled down the steps and towards the car, throwing open the door and getting inside. Slamming the door shut the second you got in, your hands became tangled in the captain's hair as you pulled him in for a kiss.

He softly giggled into the kiss. No matter how many times you would catch him off guard like that, he couldn't seem to predict it at all. You pulled back, smiling at him. He did the same.

"Someone's excited to see me," he chuckled. Oikawa's brown eyes gently glimmered in the streetlights of late-night Tokyo.

You flashed a charismatic grin, "Ugh, I can't wait to get home. I spent all day thinking about the things I'd do to you."

"Darling?" he still had a soft smirk, a little flicker of amusement in his eyes.

"Mhm?" you hummed back.

"The boys are here," he whispered.

Horror painted across your face the same way dark clouds roll in on a stormy sky. Turning your head to the left in an agonizing pace, you were met by Iwaizumi, Matsukawa, Hanamaki, Kuroo, and Bokuto. Their eyes stretched wide while they remained petrified. Now it made sense why your beloved brunette had brought the agency SUV here.

"H-hi guys," you stammered. "Um, what's up?"

When they still remained stunned, you turned to Oikawa, "Tooru, why didn't you tell me before?"

He laughed airily and you curled back in your seat, covering your face with your hands and praying the coat you were in helped shield you even more.

"Well, now that I need to bleach my eyes out," Kuroo finally said. "We came here because something came up."

You removed your hands from your face, "Something? What is it?"

Bokuto began to explain, "There's been that string of murders we've been looking into."

"Yeah, I know about that," you looked back at him as Oikawa started to drive.

"We were waiting to fill you in with Coach and Takeda but it's a huge lead," Matsukawa added in from the back.

Hanamaki picked up on Bokuto's explanation, "We found some footage from near the last crime scene."

Iwaizumi finally spoke, "Look at this."

He leaned forward, handing you a tablet. You held onto it, peering down at the video that began to play. It was a clip of police cars along with officers and forensic scientists investigating the area. Suddenly, the screen zoomed in on where the building's corner was.

A man in a black hoodie stood there, his hood up to cover most of his face. His hands were buried deep in his pockets but the little white stick poking from the corner of his mouth was a dead giveaway.

A lollipop stick.

Your eyes flitted up towards the rest of them, widened as you croaked, "Rintarou Suna. This means Inarizaki is still here. Does Kita know?"

Oikawa shook his head, "He told me he'd been trying to make contact but assumed they wanted to lay low and away from all this shit. And that maybe that was the reason they weren't engaging."

"This doesn't make any sense, though," you stated, setting the tablet down on your lap. "Inarizaki murdering people doesn't add up."

"We aren't sure," Iwaizumi had his arms crossed. "All we know, though, is that they know something they shouldn't."

You made eye contact with each of the passengers in the car. A solemn look in each of your eyes as you drove towards the new headquarters.

You walked into the Central Command Center, also known as the core. It was like the pit in the underground base except it was a circular hall rather than a long rectangular one. It was much brighter now too because of all the windows; the mountainside view was to kill for.

"Finally," Akaashi huffed, from the center of the room.

"We got a mission," Kenma drawled from beside him.

The few of you that just arrived flocked around them as they pulled up images on their screen.

"Better be good," Oikawa groaned. "I need to get my blood pumping."

"You're in luck," Akaashi said, eyes on the screen. "This one's a doozy."

"Hmm?" you came to his side.

Kenma began to explain, "Skytree Entertainment has been gaining all of people's cyber information and auctioning it off on the black market. There's a press conference going on today about a new gaming system they're releasing so we need all of you to take advantage of the frenzy to get into their systems and retrieve enough evidence to shut them down."

"Sounds a bit . . . unexciting," Oikawa yawned.

"You'll be going undercover in disguises," Akaashi added rather dully.

But his delivery was the complete opposite of the reaction he gained from Oikawa and Bokuto. "Disguises?"

Kenma turned around to face you all again, "Oikawa will pose as a news reporter to keep watch on the conference and keep them busy—Bokuto will be his camera man. Hanamaki and Matsukawa will pose as security guards. Iwaizumi will be another attendee while Kuroo and Y/n will go incognito as a couple and search for the data center to get the information we need."

You looked at Kuroo, giving him a high five upon receiving the most vital roles on the assignment. Oikawa immediately demanded, "What? No. I'm gonna be with her."

"No," Akaashi cut him off. "She's the only one with tech experience and Kuroo is a close second—he's familiar with patterns of the market."

Oikawa grumbled, "But he gets the cool role and I get the Clark Kent reporter role—not super at all."

You shook your head, facing your fellow technical analysts, "So, we head to wardrobe or what?"

Kenma and Akaashi both bowed their heads as they dismissed you off to get into character. Oikawa moped the entire time he was getting his hair touched up for the dashing reporter look as you were getting your makeup applied by one of the agents working in the costume department. It all really did feel like you were part of a production of some Broadway show or something.

Once you were all ready, you finally caught a glimpse of them all in their full get up. Iwaizumi was in a gray suit and tie, a stoic yet grumpy look on his face. Bokuto was in a basic T shirt and cargo pants get up of a camera man with a black baseball cap on his head and a bulky video camera to top it all off.

Hanamaki and Matsukawa were in a standard black suit and tie with sunglasses to complete the security guard look. Kuroo was in a red button down and dark gray pants, you were in a coat, skirt, and top that matched well with how your partner looked.

Then, there was Oikawa, looking as gorgeous as ever in a pair of glasses, brown pants, white button up, and a navy coat over top.

"I need pictures of you later wearing this," you walked towards him, setting your hands on his chest.

Oikawa's lips curled, "How come? What naughty things are you planning on doing with photos of me?"

"Get over yourself," you mumbled, slipping your hands to the back of his neck as he leaned down to kiss you.

Against your lips, he muttered back, "I could name something you'd do."

"Shhh," you whispered, giggling with him.

"Gross," Kuroo gagged. He folded his arms, "Mind lending me my wife back, Oikawa. I kind of need her on this assignment."

Oikawa scowled, snapping, "How about you take Bokuto as your wife instead."

Bokuto stood there, his arm hauling the enormous video camera on his shoulder, "Not cool. I can't believe my boss is such a prick. I'd rather be Kuroo's wife than have to record your stupid face."

Your eyes fell shut as you laughed. Iwaizumi then led the way, "Let's go. The conference starts soon."

The seven of you got into your separate vehicles, a tactic to deepen your cover. A little after the public began to show up to the conference at Skytree Entertainment, you all arrived as well.

You watched as Oikawa and Bokuto assumed their positions by the public presentation hall inside. The look on Oikawa's face as he pretended a little too hard to be a good news reporter made you want to burst out laughing. So, you made sure to take a few videos on your phone from a distance.

As you and Kuroo walked around the back of the hall, towards the stage, you heard a girl saying to her friend, "Hey, isn't that reporter so hot? I wonder what channel he's on. I might start watching the weather report from now on."

You scowled, tightening your grip on Kuroo's hand out of annoyance. He grimaced, "Listen, I swear I won't run off and stand you up at a media company. But would you please chill with the death grip?"

You bared your teeth in guilt, "Oops, sorry."

"Ugh, okay so, this way," he guided you. "This mission should go pretty quick, seems easy enough."

You rolled your eyes, "We always make the mistake of thinking that."

*****

"What the hell?" Kuroo screeched. "Kenma that is not fair! You shot me down before I even had the chance to run!"

You laughed with the other guys, watching Kuroo give a test run to the videogame Kenma and Akaashi were working on developing for the past few months.

Coach rubbed the side of his head, "I made a mistake giving them the day off and letting them stay here."

To your surprise, the mission went by smoothly. Not a single soul got hurt and you apprehended the bad guys. All's well that ends well, right?

Oikawa grabbed your hand, whisking you to the side as you giggled. He threw a charming look back at you while leading you off to your shared bunker together.

Once you both were at the door, he kissed your forehead, "I'm going to go grab us something warm to drink from the cafeteria."

Your lips curled as he began to step backwards, "Make sure it's extra sweet. You know I don't drink anything that's bitter."

He smiled at the familiarness in the conversation, "Four cubes of sugar at least."

He then turned around, rushing off as you entered the bunker. A smile on your face that was too wide to be wearing in a secret organization.

While your eyes wandered, you thought of how you missed the last base so dearly. It really was like a first home to you. Parting from it after all that happened seven months ago felt like your heart had been torn from your chest.

While it was being rebuilt, you all shifted to an upgraded replacement base in a slightly more remote location. Now that you were nearing the end of your final semester of college, you and Oikawa were more excited about your future together.

His recovery after everything was smooth to your delight, and he was cleared just a month ago to return to missions. The two of you had taken time off not too long after the infiltration, you finally visited Switzerland like you both talked about. He promised to take you to Argentina right after, his favorite refuge.

Being with him again felt like the world that was crumbling before you had stopped in place. Like the meteors crashing down to ruin your peace were turned into rain, showering you with all that you had been searching for. The light. Your moon.

You had a nice view over the grassy mountain area of the new HQ. It looked wonderous, like a sea of clouds had provided you a floating shelter. Tokyo looked so tiny from here, like a toy city that was made of little pieces of the stars.

You sat down, facing the window you didn't have the privilege to view out of from the underground. From the nightstand, you retrieved the camcorder Oikawa still kept the recordings from what felt like forever now.

Since you were still trying to get through all of them, you decided to go ahead and continue your path to finish watching the recordings. And so, you hit the next video on the list.

"Hey, Daichi," Oikawa's voice sounded a bit muffled as he was pacing in the video. He was in a blue hoodie. The hood was pulled over his head while his fluffy brown hair refused to stay tamed underneath it. On his cheek he donned a pink Hello Kitty bandaid.

"So, right now. I'm headed home," he sighed. He looked a bit worn out, "I just dropped your sister off at her place and we just learned about Shiratorizawa coming back. Uh . . . that's not even what I'm so worked up about—it's—it's—ugh! This feels weird. It feels illegal to tell you this but . . . I told Y/n I'm in love with her. I told her I love her, and she kind of never said anything."

He exhaled a bit shakenly again, and you remembered that day. In fact, you remembered all too well now. You were just praying he didn't mention anything else—

"We fucked in the training room," his own hand suddenly flew to cover his mouth. "Sorry—we uh, had a bit of a disagreement about a mission and then I told her how I felt. And then we . . . kissed . . . a lot. . . all over the place."

You slammed your palm against your forehead, "Idiot! Fucking dumb fuc—"

His voice kept rambling as you cursed him, "Then I said 'I love you' and we were told about Shiratorizawa. I think that I was stupid to dump all that sappy shit on her. I mean, she's only known me for like three months. But it's stupid—I'm stupid. Whatever. It's selfish to want the same in return. That's why I tried staying away but she's so annoying, always popping up everywhere and dragging me back in."

You frowned.

"I suppose, time will tell," Oikawa shrugged. "See ya in the next episode, partner."

The video ended and you remembered how conflicted you were the exact day he was recording on. The date on the screen itself was taunting you.

Without much further thought, you clicked the next video, "Hey, Daichi. I just met your mother again."

After Yokohoma . . . this was right after your trip via train. Quite possibly your favorite trip in your life.

"She's just as sweet as two years ago," Oikawa continued. "She remembered me, called me sweetheart and everything. And let me tell you, your sister kept rolling her eyes but I knew it was all pretend. I could see her turning her face away to cover her smiles."

While you watched, you beamed ever so softly.

"Maybe she was jealous of Aika," Oikawa suddenly made your mood go sour. "I wouldn't mind if Aika wanted—actually, I was trying to be annoying and make a joke but I can't bring myself to. Not only am I in love with your sister, I'm also deathly terrified of her. She could start the apocalypse if she was in the mood."

You rolled your eyes, smiling again but not bothering to hide it like Oikawa said you did that night.

"I know I said I'd stop making these video logs, but I like going crazy about that girl to somebody," he said. "Everyone knows I am, but I like telling you. She's my everything, I'm glad she finally told me I'm hers too."

That was the end of that log, so you hit the next one. It was from a few months ago.

"Hey, Daichi," Oikawa beamed, he was in your home. The pretty boy was in a black turtleneck and in your apartment. "I look a bit rough I know. But being stabbed and losing ten pints of blood doesn't look this good on anybody."

He was having some difficulty walking while holding the camera. When you heard the clacking sound in the back, it dawned on you that he was trying to walk with his crutch.

The man finally stopped, the golden light of the sun hitting him quite angelically, "We finally did it. We finally won. We won't have to worry about Ushijima or Terushima for a very very long time. And Washijou, he's gone now too. You can rest now. I'm sorry about your father, I hope he rests easy too."

He spoke again, "Anyway, things are great. I'm home again." He tugged his collar down to show a mark on his neck, "Y/n's taking it easy on me for now. Which is cool but I wish she wasn't. She's waiting till I get clearance from Kiyoko. Apparently, me being cleared to go back on missions is also me being cleared to have sex again."

You frustratingly muffled into your hand, "Idiot!"

"All our friends came through, we finally finished our mission. I feel so happy. I hope you're proud, Daichi," Oikawa smiled tiredly. "Now I can be with Y/n. And I know you're watching, princess."

Your eyes widened at the direct call out.

"To both the Sawamura siblings, I love you, I swear I do," he beamed.

The screen went dark, a bittersweet feeling as you finished watching the last video you had left to see. Although he kept making videos every so often after that, you still couldn't feel like a book had closed by seeing all that was on the camera.

You knew you'd see more, and he'd continue to make more. That thought kept your heart at bay, a look of serenity in your sincere smile as you finally turned the camera off.

The door to the bunker opened and entered the Seijoh captain holding two drinks in his hands. He kicked the door shut behind him, setting the drinks down on the nightstand.

"One sweet hot coffee for my sweet and hot girl," he joked.

You let out a laugh, "Thank you." He sat down in the loveseat facing the window, the one you were just in watching the camcorder videos.

He held his hand out for you to take, pulling you towards him so you were now seated on his lap. He held you close, the left side of your face against his chest. A sigh escaped his lips as he played with your hair.

"This whole Suna thing is throwing you off, huh?" you whispered to him, hearing his breathing.

He hummed, "Yeah, it feels like we just got out of the whole ordeal this year. And then this all pops up."

"Hey, I don't think it's so bad. We still have no clue what's going on or who's involved yet," you comforted. "We're all together, and we'll work something out. We always do."

He beamed at you, "I love you, too."

"But I didn't eve—"

He interjected, "You were thinking it." Your lips turned down and he kept talking, "Anyway, Kuroo and I started training a new hire. She's pretty good."

"She?" you sat up straight.

He chuckled, "Yes, now relax. I'm all yours." You laughed, and he explained, "I'll introduce you to her sometime soon. She's going to end up being assigned on the Inarizaki mission when we formulate a plan."

"A new agent," you said with a nod. "We could use more girls around here. When do I get to meet her?"

"Soon," he repeated. "You and I will end up working with her on the case. You'll be getting plenty of girl time. Just not too much because then you won't have enough time for me."

You grinned, watching the way his brown eyes flickered in the moonlight, like a passage through the dark night. "Why would I ever give you any time of day?"

He then taunted, tucking his knuckle under your chin, "Don't try me, Sawamura. The time you spend each day thinking about me isn't exactly a secret."

Shaking your head, you got off him. When you stood up, he did too. Oikawa spun you around, you let out a laugh because whenever he did that, you were reminded of your first dance with him in your kitchen all that time ago.

He pulled you in, his right hand lovingly cradling your cheek while his left hand settled on your lower back. His eyes were hooded, a tender look in them as leaned in to place his lips on yours.

When he pulled away, he watched the flecks of glimmering moonlight dance in your eyes. Although the moon was out, longing to be with the sun, you both knew far too well that the two beings could be together on earth.

"I love you," you smiled.

He warmly beamed back, "I love you too."

You held your pinky up, "You swear?"

He linked his pinky with yours, this time no bandaid on his hand, "I swear I do."

The obsidian skies of the night seemed lightyears behind the boy. Because the sun had finally come up.

To the boy who longed for the light of the stars . . . he found the sun, his beautiful sun.

*****
Hope you enjoyed the final addition i'll ever make to this story. Little hints of the suna fic are mentioned and the new y/n is too.
You should read my new Eren fic tho💃🏽
See u soon🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 7.7K 58
(L/N) (Y/N) and Oikawa Tooru. You are the power couple of Seijoh. Everyone knows it since both of you are captains of your volleyball teams. Life was...
86.4K 2.1K 24
Hinata Shouyou is a boy who is abused at home, Oikawa Tooru (Hinata's secret boyfriend and setter to a rivalry team) soon takes them into his own car...
15.1K 405 27
So my english is ... its ok so don't complain ( Ö-Ö ) It's gonna be a long story so buckle up my dudes !!! it's gonna be - cringe - fun - romant...
111K 3.4K 25
After a devastating car crash that kills your mother and leaves you unable to play volleyball, all you can do is try and help out younger kids who st...