•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙˚constellations˚•̩̩͙...

By smellalupin

!!kinda slow burn!! 'do you ever feel like you're going crazy?' 'only the most sane people question their san... More

Contellations.
character introductions
prologue
helpful findings
unanswered questions
familiar faces
soldier, poet, king
orion and seren
mourning
broken glass
single combat
curtains
Act II
home
slave traders
old lords and swords
darkness
dont leave.
who's is bigger?
pranks and ponytails
serpent
goodbye
epilogue - reunion
The end

until next time.

728 16 5
By smellalupin

                              ☆.。.:*.。.:*☆

Caspian and Estelle's coronation was the most beautiful experience she could ask for. After officially crowning them King and Princess of Narnia, a ball was thrown in celebration. A grand mixture of Telmarines and Narnians came together to honour their Kings and Queens. The young fawn pounced at Estelle who was draped in a white and gold gown with a correlating golden crown placed delicately upon her head. The hug was bone-crushing.

"Woah- Hey" She spoke to the girl through a fit of giggles from the sudden affection.
"You were right."
"Of course, I told you the Kings and Queens of old wouldn't let anything bad happen."
"Thank you." The fawn mumbled with her face smushed into the stomach of the new princess. Then, the very same Narnian song that she'd earlier learned, began to be played by the band that was present. The youngest gasped and flashed a giddy grin at the elder girl, dragging her by the hand and spinning her around in the centre of the room.

There will come a solider
who carries a mighty sword
he will tear your city down
oh lai oh lei oh lord

Suddenly, as if the whole room was in sync, creatures and humans from all backgrounds stepped into the ballroom. Couples and friends, Telmarine and Narnian, musically connecting with only the purest hearts.

There will come a poet
who's weapon is his word
he will slay you with his tongue
oh lai oh lei oh lord

Edmund snuck up behind Estelle and placed his hands on her shoulders, a gasp of shock falling from her lips. Without sharing a word, the two laughed and intertwined their limbs. She wasn't the best of dancers in the world, after all, she'd grown up in London with no experience in ballroom dancing, yet she was too consumed by the music to care that she was stabbing his toes with her heels. He did in fact care, yet didn't want to do anything to disturb his friends relaxed nature in the moment.

There will come a ruler
who's brow is laid in thorn
smeared with oil like david's boy
oh lai oh lei oh lord

Estelle caught a glimpse of Susan, comfortable under the hands of Caspian and paused her dancing. They were graceful and swift with their movements. A smile crept up her face at the sight. A small part of her wanted to be Susan in that moment, but another part of her was happy that they had each other. In the second that she was distracted, Edmund was pulled away by Lucy. Perhaps it was meant to be this way. Sure, she didn't mind the sensation of butterflies that fluttered whenever Caspian was near, but he wasn't hers.

he will tear your city down
oh lai oh lei oh lord

She slipped away into the corridor. Craving the company of the night air. She found herself on a balcony, the music from the ballroom only just managed to carry this far. Leaving her with a quiet backing track to her thoughts. The stars were shining as brightly as ever, but now they felt soothing rather than a reminder of the horrors that tomorrow may bring. She was entranced by their beauty, so much so that she didn't hear his footsteps approaching.

His gaze, however, was fixed upon the princess that graced his presence. She was basked in the light of the midnight sun. The white-gold orb that sat in the heavenly night was in perfect synchrony with her equally heavenly complexion. He'd known upon first meeting her that Estelle was attractive, yet there was something in the way that the dress wrapped her elegant body like a hug and her lips were slightly parted that made him want to thank Aslan for carving her this way. The breeze caressed her frame and whispered through the night, intent on delivering a message to be understood by only her. A reminder of her measly life in England? or perhaps the promise of a beautiful tomorrow? But nobody truly knew what she thought. Unmoving she stood, like a silhouette or maybe a ghost, pale and slender and oh so delicate.

She had sensed that she was no longer alone and turned herself to her company. And as her gentle eyes met his own, he saw the sparkle of a thousand unanswered questions in her soul, and knew that the universe was hers.
"You're missing the party." She spoke softly.
"As are you, Princess Stella."
She looked at him before smiling at the stars, he somehow knew that they smiled back. He fell into a slight bow and offered his hand.
"May I have this dance, your Majesty?."
A gleaming grin broke out across her face as she could not contain her joy.
"You may, your royal Highness. Although I must warn you, dancing is not my best ability."

She took his hand and in that second, he brought her close and spun her around, their hands connected above her head. They paused briefly then began dancing like maniacs against the classical music, limbs flailing like toddlers who just learnt to walk. He dragged her from room to room, trying to remain unseen by guests that expected their royalty to be composed and elegant. They ran through halls, spinning and jumping around like lunatics. Giggles and squeals bubbling over in her throat. She felt like a character from Little Women, without a care in world for what was happening around her, focused only on the two in the moment.

As their laughter died down, the fell into each other's arms and locked eyes. His gaze seemed to speak to her. The star-light glared directly into his soul, allowing her to see it clearly. There was an unspoken feeling that enveloped them. When she was in his presence, the juggling of her past, present and future thoughts halted. She instinctively closed her eyes. This is the moment in which she experienced all the calm within her.
"Stay soft Estelle, it looks beautiful on you."
The pair broke away from one another and she allowed her hair to fall in front of her face, glad for any camouflage from the extremely evident blush that was dusted over her cheeks. They walked in a comfortable silence back to the ballroom, as if all the words had been exchanged through a single look.

She awoke to the morning rays through her window, the bed felt almost too comfortable to move. She would've easily fallen back into a dream-full slumber if she hadn't torn herself away from the pillow. The floor was cold and yet it didn't deter the remaining happiness from the previous night from lingering in her heart. She threw on the first dress she could find, a deep forest green gown with silver accents. The Narnian morning was alike no other she had lived through.

She took her place next to the Pevensie's as they stood tall in the courtyard with Aslan and Caspian. The latter formally announced that any Telmarines that wished to do so, could be returned to the land of their forefathers.
"It has been generations since we left Telmar."
"We are not referring to Telmar. Your ancestors were sea-faring brigands, pirates run aground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world, the same world as our kings and queens."
"It is to that island that I can return you. It is a great place for any who wish to make a new start." Aslan's powerful voice easily carried over the cries of the Telmarines.

Prunaprismia and general Glozelle were the first to accept the offer, they wanted a fresh beginning from the dark overruling cloud that was Miraz.
"Because you have spoken first, your future in that world will be good."
All it took was one breath from Aslan to bless the pair. A large opening began to twist itself into the trees that stood before them, Estelle was sure that she wouldn't ever adjust to the never-ceasing magic that Narnia provided. They stepped through the door in the air and vanished before her eyes. A cry of despair echoed throughout the crowd, accusations of murder and lies flooded the air.
"Sire, if my example can be of any service, I will take eleven mice through with no delay."
It wasn't difficult to notice the knowing glance that the two eldest Pevensie's had shared.
"We'll go."

Estelle's brows involuntarily furrowed. She'd known that the two had been gradually growing tired of their stay in the mystical land, they'd seemed as though they were itching to return to a normal life. But she'd never expected them to leave so suddenly and drag the rest of the group with them. She'd just been crowned royalty and finally got to witness Narnia in its glory, and now they'd be leaving just as quickly as they arrived. Edmund evidently shared her reluctance.

"We will?"
"Come on. Our times up."
This couldn't possibly be happening, she wanted to stay. How could she ever be expected to revert back to a mundane existence under the same roof as her belittling aunt, after her experiences here?
"After all, we're not really needed here anymore."
Peter approached the new king and handed Rhindon over.
"I will look after it until you return."
"I'm afraid that's just it. We're not coming back." Susan spoke up.
Grief was written all over Caspian's features, him and Susan had just begun and now he may never see her again.
"We're not?"
"You three are. At least, I think he means you three."

Part of Caspian had felt relieved at this news, he wouldn't have known what to do if he couldn't see Estelle again. His feelings for the two girls had become mixed and he felt nothing but confusion about what he was supposed to feel. He knew he had definite fondness for the Pevensie, but there was a nagging in the back of his mind, constantly reminding him of the Amore girl. He certainly couldn't handle having both of them ripped away from him before he figured it all out.

Estelle almost completely zoned out. Her brain couldn't process all of this information as fast as it was coming. Foremost, she was elated that her adventures in Narnia weren't over, yet she couldn't help but mourn over the fact that two of her close friends wouldn't be there with her.
"It's alright Lu. It's not how I thought it would be, but it's alright, one day you'll see too. Come on."

In a matter of seconds, the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve started to say their goodbyes. Estelle was approached by Caspian first.
"I wish you could've stayed longer."
"Me too, but I'll come back."
"Goodbye Stella, I will miss you."
"Don't think of it as goodbye, think of it as 'until next time'."
"Well, until next time, my Princess."
"Until next time, my King."
They shared a hug and lingering eye contact, it was awkward to say the least, as if there was still so much left unsaid. The pair weren't oblivious to the feelings in their hearts, yet they weren't aware of where they stood in the others eyes. To Caspian, she had Edmund. And to Estelle, he had Susan. She pulled herself away and let the latter say her last goodbye to the King.

"I'm glad I came back."
"I wish we had more time together."
And with those words, the final blow was given to Estelle. During the nights when she couldn't sleep, her mind had convinced her that there was a slim possibility of him returning her feelings. But now, there was no doubt in her mind that Susan had solely captured his heart and had no intent of returning it. She overlooked the scene with a ghost of a smile on her lips. All those moments when it felt like he could see into her soul, were really just in her head after all. This was how it was supposed to be, she reassured herself, she was merely an observer. She was made to sit and watch as those around her fell in love, but unable to reach out and grasp it for herself.

"It never would've worked anyway."
"Why not?"
"I am 1300 years older than you."
Although Susan had tried to mask her pain with a laugh, her attempt was betrayed by her cracking voice and longing gaze. She turned to join her siblings until an intrusive thought won control of her body. She pulled Caspian in and kissed him. Although it was briefly returned, his mind flickered to the girl that he'd shared a dance with the night prior, he didn't want to give Susan something that he couldn't commit his full self to. He pulled away as quickly as it happened and settled for a hug instead.

"I'm sure when I'm older, I'll understand."
"I'm older and don't think I want to understand."
"Good thing you'll never have to then, Ed."
At her words, both Edmund and Caspian shot a confused glance at the girl, but for very different reasons.
"What?"
"Well, It's just that I don't see any girls queuing up for you that's all." She shot at him, she hadn't meant it of course, but her cheeky grin already demonstrated that to him. Edmund was a good-humoured, deeply caring and an attractive young man, even she could admit. She truly said it to distract herself from the current situation, she thought if she were to return to England, she might as well prepare to fall back into the regular bickering and banter that accompanied the group at home.
"Hey! That's not true! When we lived here I had loads of girls wanting to court me!"
"And by girls, he really means fawns and centaurs." Peter added in amusement at his brothers defensiveness.

Caspian however, was less entertained. If Estelle had poked fun at Edmund's lack of love life, then he was wrong about their relationship from the beginning. He'd thrown away a chance to get to know his childhood friend once more because of bitterness over a nonexistent love. His eyes watered with regret. He wanted nothing more to grab her and confess to the butterflies that had pestered him since their night shared in the How, but it was too late. He'd given too much of himself to Susan and couldn't bare to hurt her.

The five finally made their way through the air-door and were met with the train station at the other side. Estelle was in disbelief, did any of that just happen? She stood for a moment, trying to regain her composure when a voice tore her from her efforts.
"Arent you coming, Phyllis?"
The kids grabbed at their luggage and rushed onto the train. Seconds ago they'd spent almost 2 weeks in Narnia, and yet only a minute had passed.
"Caspian wont be pleased, Phyllis." Estelle teased.
"Oh shut up."
"Do you think there's any way we could get back?"
"Ed, we just left."
"I know, but I left my new torch in Narnia!"
A fit of laughter erupted from the group.

They'd felt closer than when they had left. Narnia was now merely a memory. One that Estelle swore to never forget.

                             ☆.。.:*.。.:*☆

word count: 2567
A/N
WERE FINALLY DONE WITH ACT I
overall i'm pleased with how it turned out but please feel free to comment any suggestions or improvements!
i apologise for stella-caspian not ending up together (yet) but it had to be done!
they need a ship name. Staspian? Cella? Cestellian? lmk <3
anyway it's all wrapped up and i'm so excited!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 4.6K 21
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 - 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ❝ "You have always been my King, Peter. Always." ❞ ~ in which nimueh is dragged back to the pl...
50.6K 1.4K 25
"𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴," 𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘥. .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。. 𝗜𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗘𝗱𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗣𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗲𝘀...
11.1K 280 11
Prince Caspian x female!reader [The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian] As the Pevensies' best friend and most loyal companion during their first s...
480K 15.6K 109
'We'll safety-pin the pieces of our broken hearts back together Patching up all the holes until we both feel much better Deleted things, I really mea...