𝙩𝙮𝙥𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 | �...

Av thedivineheart

[MODERN AU] Gorou and Y/n have been competing in pretty much everything for the majority of their lives, hati... Mer

𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚘.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈: 𝐤𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐮𝐳𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈𝐈: 𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐤𝐚𝐳𝐮𝐡𝐚
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎.
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈𝐈𝐈: 𝐤𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐤𝐚
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘.
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈𝐕: 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐚
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐕: 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐲𝐚 𝐤𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐦𝐢
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎.
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐕𝐈: 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐞
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡.
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐕𝐈𝐈: 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.

𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎.

2.9K 116 98
Av thedivineheart

⊱ 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐒𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ⊰

[Istg Im so tempted to rewrite the earlier chapters so y/n and gorou kissed in scene 19]

"You're doing it wrong."

"Wha- How!? I did exactly what you said to!"

Gorou sighed and crossed out Itto's writing, the sound of his scribbling almost echoing through the library as Itto furrowed his brows, eyes hyperfixated on the paper. He was trying to understand, but his attempts were comparable to lighting a fire with two rocks and no oxygen.

Well, maybe he'd get it at some point.

His eyes traced over Gorou's corrections and he absentmindedly listened to the boy's attempt at explaining, but it all flew straight over the oni's head. Eventually, Gorou ceased talking and rolled his eyes, knowing that his friend was off in his own world.

"Maybe it's time for a break," he sighed. "I think your brain is fizzing out."

"It is not!" Itto gasped. "...But a break sounds great."

The taller boy slammed his textbook shut and threw his pencil across the room, earning a hard glare from the librarian and he uttered a nervous chuckle before turning to Gorou, who was now completing his own homework despite declaring a break.

Itto's eyes bored into him from the side until he lifted his head, shooting him a questioning look.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Oh! Well, ahah, I was just wondering... Where's Y/n?" Itto asked.

Gorou's hand froze in the process of writing and his brows furrowed, his ear twitching slightly at the mention of you, "She's with her friends, why?"

"Pfft, I dunno, you guys have seemed pretty clingy lately! I'm surprised you didn't bring her here! Is she still gonna stay with you and your fam, though?"

Gorou frowned, "Yeah... Last night wasn't too bad, but we still have a full week ahead of us, so I'm worried for what might happen when we get home later..."

Itto patted his shoulder, "Aw, don't worry, bro! I'm sure everything will turn out juuuuust fine."

"Uh huh..."

Meanwhile, you were sitting in Komore Teahouse with Ayaka and Thoma, awaiting your food. The bell chimed occasionally as soft lo-fi music permeated the building, boosting the calm atmosphere while casual chatter gently bounced off the walls.

"If you guys commit one more act of PDA, I'm leaving."

"What—? We're not even doing anything," Thoma said.

"Yes you are," you narrowed your eyes, staring at his arm as it laid across Ayaka's shoulders.

A look of confusion crossed his face until he realized and sheepishly brought his arm back to his side, twiddling his thumbs under the table, "I didn't notice..."

Ayaka smiled with amusement, "It's okay, Thoma. Y/n just misses Gorou, that's all."

"Huh?! I literally saw him at school!" You said defensively.

"Aww, wittle Y/n misses her wittle puppy," Thoma teased with a baby-like voice, rousing a cold stare from you.

You rolled your eyes, "You're ridiculous. I doubt you'd be able to spend a week without Ayaka."

"Well... I could," he shrugged. "But I think I'd rather stab myself in the leg."

You snickered, "Clingy."

"Y'know, if you'd like, you could invite Gorou to join us," Ayaka spoke. "Then he can drive you back home."

You nibbled the inside of your cheek and your brows knitted together to form a contemplative expression until you reached into your pocket to grab your phone.

"You're actually gonna invite him?" Thoma questioned.

"No, I'm just asking if he can pick me up later," you said as you typed. "Oh, by the way, they said Kazuha was supposed to show the new student around, right?"

That morning, during homeroom, it had been declared that a new student was transferring to your class, and you'd grown extremely curious since then, wondering who the mystery person would be. You'd always been excited whenever new people joined your class, since it was similar to seeing a friend's house for the first time; unravelling the secret of what they look like, or who they are.

"Yes, why?" Ayaka replied with a miniscule nod.

You promptly sent the text and put the device to sleep, dropping it in your lap as a grin splayed across your face, "I plan on interrogating him to see what they're like."

Thoma chuckled, "Why don't you just talk to the actual new kid?"

"Um, no," you scrunched up your nose at the idea. "I have too many friends, I don't need another one right now."

Ayaka giggled at your response before her eyes lit up, "Oh! By the way, Y/n, do you know if Miss Yae has something in mind for the next play?"

The way her eyes shimmered perplexed you, but you refrained from commenting on it.

"Not yet, why? Are you thinking of trying out?"

She smiled and glanced down to the table, taking a short sip of her drink, "Well, maybe... It seems like it would be fun. I'm starting to regret not taking drama class..."

You gasped, "Oh my god, it would be so cool if you could join us! You should request to switch classes or something. I could be, like, your acting coach!"

You peeked over at Thoma to see confusion written all over his features, so it was clear she'd been keeping her interest in drama to herself.

"That would be amazing!" Ayaka cheered, clapping her hands together softly. "I'm sure you'd be a great teacher."

Your smiled widened, but if they peered closely, something about it looked... hollow. In your chest was a series of knots tangling around your ribcage, and a pulsating heart which only seemed to grow louder by the minute. You assumed spending time with your friends would help you forget about this feeling, and it did, but your social battery was draining and the dread was beginning to seep through again.

Suddenly, your phone vibrated in your hand.

Bf ig🐶💖
Do you want me to pick you up now?

━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━

Each time the bell for the front door rang, your eyes snapped in the direction of the entrance and disappointment thoroughly spread throughout your body every time you failed to meet the aquamarine eyes of your significant other.

But at last, he'd arrived and your head perked up, a small smile resting on your face. You watched as he scanned the teahouse until his eyes locked with yours and you gave him a small wave. Ayaka and Thoma ended up leaving prior to your boyfriend's appearance, so you'd been sitting by yourself for at least ten minutes already. He walked over and slid into the booth, across from you.

"Sorry I'm late, I had to take Itto home," he sighed. "Where are Ayaka and Thoma..?"

"Oh, they left," you shrugged. "They probably just wanted to make out, to be honest."

He blinked and tilted his head, ear twitching as he narrowed his eyes at you, "Are you okay?"

You were shocked he managed to catch how you were feeling so quickly, but you didn't want to bother with lying to him.

"...Would you believe me if I said yes?"

"No."

You groaned and dropped your head to the table, the hard surface pressing against your forehead, "I feel like shit."

You experienced the gentle sensation of him patting your head and stroking your hair. Though his movements were awkward, you knew they were well-intentioned and he was only making an attempt to comfort you, so you smiled despite him being unable to see it.

"So what happened...?" He asked hesitantly, reluctant to risk triggering you in any way.

You lifted your head and rested your chin on the table, taking a peep up at Gorou before resting your sights on his shirt as you spoke, your voice low and dripping with exhaustion.

"I dunno," you murmured. "I just feel drained. Maybe the stress is finally catching up to me..."

He frowned, wondering what could brighten up your mood as you fiddled with the bottom of your shirt and swayed your head from side to side. Finding this uncomfortable after a while, you straightened your posture and a sudden crack emanated from your back, relieving you of some stiffness. Gorou cringed briefly at the sound before refocusing his attention on cheering you up.

"Well, maybe you can try thinking of stuff you're excited about," he suggested, slipping out of the booth as you followed his actions. "Like, the next play we're gonna do."

You hummed, "We don't even know what the play is, though."

He raised his brows, surprised by your response, "Since when did that matter?"

A breathy laugh escaped your lips, "I guess you're right... Ooh, what if I get to play a villain character?! Oh my god, that would be awesome. I could finally practice my evil cackle!"

As you both exited the teahouse, you realized the sun was in the midst of setting, casting an orange glow across the sky and mixing with a fiery hue of red. A glint of fondness in your eye, you stared at the sight to savor the image in your mind, trying to melt away your anxieties. Meanwhile, Gorou admired you and gently tugged on your hand, leading you to the car as you were transfixed.

Once he popped the car door open, the sound dragged you out of your wonder and you nodded to him, hopping into the passenger seat and shutting the door behind you. The boy walked around the vehicle and entered the driver seat, immediately closing the door and buckling the seatbelt.

The car ride was quiet, but it was easy to feel Gorou's apprehensions looming over you. The easiest way to detect it was the way his ear twitched, and his tail was much more rigid than usual, but the expression on his face wasn't very secretive anyway.

"Are you worried about your stupid brothers?" You sighed, causing him to glance in your direction.

"You've only known them for a day and you're already calling them stupid?"

"Am I wrong?"

"I didn't say that..."

You smiled, "You need to chill out. Everything's gonna be fine, even if they fight. I'll still be here to support you."

"Thanks," his lips curled up half-heartedly. "I just... I shouldn't worry about it."

"You're right, you're being just as stupid as them right now."

He gasped, "I can't believe you'd say such a thing to me!"

"Hey, you may be my boyfriend, but that doesn't mean you're off-limits when it comes to insults," you giggled. "Where's the fun if I can't tease you at least a little?"

"There are plenty of other ways you could tease me, y'know."

"Oh? I never would've expected you to be so forward, Gorou!"

"I-I didn't mean it like that...!"

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

24.6K 1.1K 9
"𝙸-𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜...!" "𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎, 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚘𝚏?" ━━━━━━━━ Life is difficult. Shocking, am I...
52.2K 1.6K 23
!MODERN AU! It was finally time for a night out with friends. You weren't really used to going out at nights like this, it has been long since you've...
6.9K 421 11
‹𝟹 ━━ ❝ 𝗜𝗗𝗞 𝗕𝗥𝗢 𝗕𝗨𝗧 𝗜 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗞 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗗𝗢𝗡'𝗧 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗩𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗩𝗣 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗠𝗣𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗣 𝗦𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨'𝗥𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗟𝗟...
10K 481 21
❝ She's the King on and off the track. ❞ (Arlecchino x Fem!Reader) " Formula One AU Genshin Impact AU " * This book was initially called "Strate...