Silver

By Siekyou

Why did i live? For what purpose? Why me? More

1. Dead
2. Tara
3. Seedling
4. Star
5. Strong
6. Spear
7. Hide
8. Sweet
10. Home
11. Read
12. Magus
13. Gulp
14. Girl
15. Charm
16. Mother
17.Her
18. Origin
19. Transition
20. See you soon
21. Arrived
22. Find
23. Agnes
24. Monica
Author's note
25. Handsome
26. Train
27. Respect
28. Hero
29. Bow
30. Deos
31. Fly
32. Dog
33. Visitors
34. Fabian
35. Airplanes

9. Warmth

331 24 0
By Siekyou

Silver's point of view

I was away from the fight but the tense atmosphere is making me nervous.

While i was watching them fight off the bear, i remembered mother said that bear type monsters aren't that smart and have thinner skin on it's chest.

Without thinking about it, i subconsciously shouted those instructions.

I don't have any experience in fighting bigger monsters, only small ones, so i felt embarrassed when i shouted at those who are experienced.

But what i did not expect, is them doing what i said, i didn't even think that they will consider my plan, given that i only thought of it based on my observations and not from something really well thought of.

I just got frustrated when i realized that they can defeat that huge bear if only they do some team work. Team work is one of the best things that humans made, it makes things easier.

But this obviously experienced fighters aren't even thinking of utilizing their strengths and combining it with other's.

After they surprisingly used my not so well thought of plan, they defeated the monster making it fall on its back. It's so huge that it broke the trees on its way while falling, i even felt the ground shake.

Everyone cheered and celebrated, while mother looked my way.

I was smiling thinking to myself that she's really my excellent mother. I'm never going to admit it to her but she's really great.

Mother smiled back at me, but it quickly went away for whatever reason. Mother suddenly shouted my name making me startle.

I was looking at mother, running towards my direction when i heard a low growl from behind me. I looked behind as i saw a monster bear swinging its paw at me.

I quickly slapped Shade's behind making it go forward, but i guess i was too late as i felt a stinging pain on my back. I felt myself flying forward as my mind went blank.

I was expecting myself to fall on the hard ground, but it did not happen. I felt two strong arms holding me protectively, preventing me to fall.

I don't know what happened next but the only thing i can remember is the warm and comfortable embrace i was in.

______________________

Tara's point of view

I did everything i can to get to her in time but the bear is still faster. As i saw my daughter flying towards the ground, the only thing i can see is red.

As i caught my daughter mid air, i landed on solid ground and instantly faced the bear that wounded her. While still holding her in my arm, i mercilessly cut off it's neck, using mana on my sword, leaving its headless body shaking on the ground as blood splatters around.

But i didn't care about the bear, as i looked down at the unconscious face of my daughter. I looked at my hands, it shook with lots of blood covering it.

"Silver! Silver wake up! Mother is here!" I was shouting at her hoping to wake her up.

I don't know what to do, i was panicking when someone held my shoulder, i looked up at the person and the tears welling in my eyes, fell down on my cheeks.

"Help her! Please, i'm begging you, save her." I don't care if i look weak right now, i want my daughter safe, that's the only thing i want.

"Let me tend to her, i'm a healer." The woman who held my shoulder, knelt down beside me. She held out her two palms to my daughter and chanted a healing spell.

I was looking down at my daughter, as i see color going back to her pretty face. I was relieved when i heard her breathing became steady, that means she's getting better.

This is all my fault, i forgot that monster bears never go out alone, they're always with another bear, always. Younger monster bears have poison claws as a defense mechanism as they are far weaker than the adults, and that made this wound worse. If only i didn't leave her there alone, this wouldn't have happened.

"The bleeding stopped but the wound is only slightly healed, it's too deep to heal through my magus, it needs to be treated. The poison in her body from the bear claws are still there, i can't do anything about it, the only thing that can help with that is alchemy." The healer woman said.

"Where can i find an alchemist?" I asked her still nervous about what happened.

"In the capital," she said. "But first we need to tend to her wound, come on let's go to the carriages, i'm sure they'll help." She stood up from the ground and made her way to those carriages.

After she talked to someone, a man wearing expensive clothes, we got inside a carriage. The man she talked earlier is the leader of this caravan, he's a merchant heading to the capital after going to the south for business.

The healer woman tended my daughter's wound as she's still unconscious. She looks like she's having a bad dream.

We need to get to the capital before the poison gets to her heart and brain. Good thing that the capital is already a day away from here.

After i changed Silver's clothes, i went outside the carriage to look for Shade. She must be very scared about earlier that she ran away somewhere.

As we sleep for the night, i looked at my daughter's sleeping figure through the open window of the carriage she was in.

I sighed to myself and looked at the night sky. Today, i thought that i would lose my other star, good thing the sky gave back her shine, or else i would defy the heavens just to see her brightness again.

***************☆***************

Silver's point of view

It's dark, everything is dark. The only thing i can do in this darkness is to listen, but even my ears wouldn't hear.

"Am i dead again? Why? I've only been experiencing happiness for a short time, so why? I want to be with mother more, i want to meet my other mother too. I want to explore the world like mother, i need to protect them so they wouldn't get hurt again. Why now? Why now that i have a reason to live that i would die?"

I was thinking about my desire to live when i heard something.

"You need to wake up now, mother is waiting for you here. We'll go on adventures and be happy, you'll still meet your mother right? You said that you wanted to learn, i'll let you learn everything you want just wake up."

I heard a muffled voice, like under water and someone is shouting at me.

I went into the direction where the voice came from, i don't know when i will get there, but i'm sure i will, i feel like i need to. I know that there is something for me there, for the second time, there is someone wanting me to live, i don't want to disappoint them.

I was running non stop until i saw a light coming from far ahead. I continued running as i felt that i'm nearer and nearer towards the light, i can feel a warmth that made me feel safe. I want that warmth, i felt like i'm familiar with it, so i ran and ran until i got so close to the light that it blinded me.

***************☆***************

I heard ringing in my ears as i slowly began to feel my whole body, starting from my hands. I know i am awake, it's just hard to move.

After a few seconds, i slowly moved my fingers, that's when i gained control over my body. I slowly opened my eyes, for a moment, everything is blurry until i closed my eyes again and opened it for the second time.

Everything is now clear, the light coming from the window to my left, the white sheet draped over my small body, and the ever so cliche unfamiliar ceiling.

My whole body still hurts especially my back, but i still pushed myself to go towards the opened window. When i saw the outside, i came to realize that we are nowhere near the Hugo town or the forest.

The view that i'm seeing is from above, so i guess we are somewhere high, probably an inn.

Also, the atmosphere in this place is so busy, everyone is sure with their every step. I even saw someone robbing someone's bag off. There's also a fancy looking carriage parked beside an equally fancy shop. I saw a woman wearing a lovely dress with three men behind her carrying boxes, i'm pretty sure she's a noble. There are commoners and nobles alike walking in this busy street.

I'm in the capital now.

After i fed my eyes with watching people, i roamed around the room, mother is nowhere to be seen. I grabbed the pouch i saw on the table and looked at it seeing that it's mine.

I dressed myself up and went down, i am famished, i could eat a whole cow. I saw a decent looking cafeteria with a bunch of people wearing practical clothing. Some are wearing wizard outfits, some are wearing armor, leather and steel ones.

I walked towards the lady in the counter and smiled my billion dollar smile.

"Hi, what can i get to eat?" I asked looking around the area, still amused as everything in here is like those historical fantasy novels that i read before in my past life.

"Oh, we have sandwiches and some dishes, you can just choose over there," she said pointing at the wooden board outside, with a list of foods i never knew existed.

"Thank you, beautiful lady." I said to her. I immediately walked over to the board and didn't notice the blush on the lady's face.

I walked out the door but immediately took a step back as a rowdy group of children ran in front of me. I can only smile to myself while looking at the kids, amused.

I was about to take another step forward when i saw mother talking to a man and a woman, they look like adventurers.

Mother probably noticed my stare as she looked my way. Her face brightened, she ran to me leaving her company behind.

Mother hugged me, lifting me up from the ground.

"Silver, are you alright now? Does it hurt? Let me see!" She turned me around and lifted up my shirt.

"Mother! I'm alright now!" I quickly faced her, face heating up. I can't let her expose my back for everyone to see. I know i have the body of a child, but i'm still an adult at heart, i couldn't just let my body be seen by everyone.

"I'm alright now mother," i said, now calmly.

I can see the tears forming in the corner of her eyes, "my daughter, i thought i'd lose you forever."

Mother hugged me tight as she sobbed on my shoulder.

"I'm not going anywhere mother, i'll always be with you." I hugged her tighter as for the first time, since i was born here, i cried like a baby.

She's such a crybaby... but we both are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 655 11
Whenever I read books or watch some movies or tv shows, I always say that the MC should have done it differently then whatever they faced would've en...
6 1 3
Magic, blood and poorly explained(questionable) motives. What else could you possibly wish for? For test readers. Unfinished.
491K 27.6K 59
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...
12.9K 545 30
Haru, whose life is marked by misfortunes and disappointed hopes, is struck by an unexpected twist of fate. Just when he believed all hope was lost...