Silver

By Siekyou

Why did i live? For what purpose? Why me? More

1. Dead
2. Tara
3. Seedling
4. Star
5. Strong
6. Spear
7. Hide
9. Warmth
10. Home
11. Read
12. Magus
13. Gulp
14. Girl
15. Charm
16. Mother
17.Her
18. Origin
19. Transition
20. See you soon
21. Arrived
22. Find
23. Agnes
24. Monica
Author's note
25. Handsome
26. Train
27. Respect
28. Hero
29. Bow
30. Deos
31. Fly
32. Dog
33. Visitors
34. Fabian
35. Airplanes

8. Sweet

355 24 1
By Siekyou

Silver's point of view

As the sound of the horse's hooves hitting the grassy ground, can be heard all throughout the area, a nasty growl from somewhere deep within the forest, broke the silence of the entire forest.

I was surprised by the sound, that i accidentally leaned back hitting mother's chest with my head. I only hit her chest as mother is way, way taller than i am, so my head just reached her lower chest while sitting on a horse.

It's the first time that i heard that kind of growl, and i was living in a forest my whole eight years of life here.

"What was that mother?!" I asked mother, while looking around, hoping to not catch a glimpse of the one who made that nasty growl.

"That is a bear, a monster type of bear. It's one of the strongest land monters that ever existed. Their paws are so strong, it could rip another monster with just Its hand. It usually lives deep in forests and eat birds and other smaller monsters." Mother explained to me, without looking away from the road.

"Really, mother? If it's just one of the strongest, does that mean that there a lot more of stronger ones?" I asked, this is a chance to learn more about beasts roaming around this world.

"Yes, wayyyy stronger than that. Land monsters are typically the most hunted beasts, because they are the most accessible, in turn, they became the most ferocious and have the most kills." She answered.

"Can you defeat one mother?" I asked mother because i'm curious of how much damage she can do to that kind of monster.

"Of course i can, a monster beast is just strong but not so smart and fast. So if you are a high class out fighter adventurer, you can defeat one with effort. It will take a lot of time to kill it, but it's possible. If you are a high class in fighter adventurer, it will be a lot harder, since bear type monsters are strong inside their attack zone. But, if you are a wizard, you can easily defeat one by drowning it, unless you're of lower class, then that would be hard, it's fur is fire proof because monster bears are classified as fire type. Good thing that this excellent mother of yours, is both an in fighter and an out fighter, and an excellent mana user too. That bear is nothing against my mighty sword." Mother smugly smiled my way and posed as if holding a sword in front of us with her right hand, with her left hand still holding the rein.

I remained silent as she spit out words about her being the best. I purposely yawned to show her that i'm bored and don't believe her, but i guess mother is in too deep in being narcissistic.

Mother and i continued on with our journey, she's explaining about certain monster type animals we encounter on our way. She told me their habits, their attack pattern, and their weaknesses. I listened to her and engraved the information in my head because she said that i'll need those knowledge to survive in the wild.

As we were riding beside a gently flowing river, we suddenly heard a scream coming from our front.

"What's that mother?" I asked mother, looking at the direction of the sound with wide eyes. I'm pretty sure it came from a woman.

"They probably met some monster on their way." Mother answered me, calmly, stopping shade on its tracks.

"Aren't we going to help them?"

"We can't just meddle with other people's business, besides we are here to hide. If we go and help them, we're not sure if they will not speak about us to the dog. You shouldn't trust anyone in this world Silver, everyone has desires they want to fulfill. We never know if those people are bad news or not." Mother explained, looking ahead of us.

"But... other people's safety is of our concern, if we have the capability. If i were in that situation i would want someone to save me too." I understand her point, but i can't just stay here without doing anything.

I may not be a hero, but i'm no monster either.

"My daughter is really a sweet girl. Alright, let's go!" Mother ushered the horse forward making it sprint.

"No mother, you're the sweet one here" i thought to myself as we are nearing where the screams are coming from.

I know mother wanted to help too, she's just having second thoughts because she wants to keep me away from danger. She's once a knight so she have the heart of a knight to help someone in need. I just gave her the push she needed, and here we are.

Looking up ahead, we can see a bunch of people wearing leather armor, with swords preparing to strike. There are also people who looked like wizards wearing robes and the typical pointed hat, whispering among themselves, chanting a spell.

Not far from that commotion, we saw big carriages lined up, with some of it toppled over.

There are a bunch of people flocking together, looking scared, they are probably civilians. There are also a number of human figures laying around the scene.

But the most noticeable thing of all is a bear standing in front of the armored people. It's so huge, it's probably twenty meters in height, its fur is of color black, and its big paws and mouth are covered in blood, fresh, dripping, blood.

This is the first time i saw something that horrifying that it made my blood run cold with shivers, running down my spine. Being away from it did not make it any less frightening.

We are nearing the scene as mother made the horse run faster.

We stopped not far from the group but far enough for us to not be affected by the fight.

"Stay here okay? Do not, and i mean do not, get off Shade. If something happens slap her behind and go straight ahead, alright? And never look back." Mother got off the horse and held the side of my head, reminding  me to be careful.

"Yes, mother." I said looking in her eyes.

Mother nodded, wore her hood,  and faced the commotion. Before she can move forward i held the sleeve of her robe, "be careful mother."

Mother smirked and said, "of course i will, i'm not your excellent mother for nothing." And then she ran towards the fight.

__________________

Tara's point of view

As i arrived at the fighting ground, the adventurers saw me and looked my way.

"Who are you?" A man with a burly figure holding a two handed axe, asked.

"Someone you don't know, but i'm willing to help, i'm an adventurer too." I answered him looking at the still monster, it's probably under a spell.

"Are you sure? This is a flesh eating bear type monster." Another man asked, this time a smaller, but still a strong looking man.

I nodded my head not in the mood to talk, as i glanced at my daughter still riding my horse. She smiled my way, tapped her chest and raised her tiny fist towards my direction, her own way of encouraging me. I also did what she did and smiled at her. I looked back at the now slightly moving monster, and asked about the situation.

They explained that they're on an escort mission heading to the capital when the monster attacked them out of nowhere, it's too strong it easily defeated half of their party.

Right now it is frozen because of a spell that one of their wizards did. It's just to give time for the healers to heal their injured party members.

They've been attacking it since earlier but none of it is getting through its thick fur. They can't drown the bear as it will dispel the current spell which is "trance," it's a spell that makes the receiving end frozen on its spot, the downside is, another magic attack or spell directed at it will dispel the trance. But still, using it to a beast as ferocious as this, just means that the wizard is pretty strong.

As the bear is beginning to wake up from the trance, the adventurers beside me, got in their position and ready to fight.

"Bear type monsters have a very vulnerable chest, they can't run fast but their attacks are strong. Aim for the chest and aim good!" I shouted, some people nodded and some looked at me weirdly, confused as to who i am.

The bear attacked using its right paw, vertically towards the ground.

We all dodged the attack and run towards its right, i saw the other adventurers swinging their weapons attempting to injure the beast.

I looked up at the best and sprinted towards it. I stepped on its limb and ran towards its face, stabbing its right eye.

Because of my attack, the bear slapped its own face, but before it does, i pulled my sword from its eyes and landed on the ground with my two feet. I held my hood that was blown by the wind, preventing to show my face.

The attack i made created an opening to its chest, the wizards saw it and fired different spells towards it.

The bear growled with all its might as it took two steps back, It held its ground and once again clawed towards our direction, that we once again dodged.

"Hey axe men! Throw your axes to it's chest, the swords men will distract it from the left! Archers should attack it from the right! Mother! Attack from above. I'm pretty sure the bear will be confused and frustrated and will only defend the attacks, not its chest. That's where the other archers will attack and the wizards too!"

We all turned our head towards the direction of the shout, it came from my daughter.

The adventures and i looked at each other and nodded. Everyone got into position and attacked.

We simultaneously did our task and in no time, the bear fell on it's back, lifeless. It's huge body hitting the ground making it shake.

We all sighed in relief, as everyone behind me cheered their lungs out. In all honesty, i could just easily kill the bear on my own, but what's the point in that, i want to show my daughter some real fight.

I looked at my daughter smiling widely, feeling proud.

I smiled back at her, but it quickly went away when i saw another bear type monster, smaller than the one we defeated but still huge compared to her small stature, coming from behind her.

"Silver!"

I shouted as i ran towards her direction.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 5 53
During judgement, it seems god decided to repeat what I was hoping for.
276 23 7
Why do I exist, if nobody loved me, what was I made for? That was a question that I'd ask myself every day, and although I never found an answer, I'd...
5.7M 303K 125
Falling into the fiery hell she created must've been the perfect way for her to die. The other woman would then become the heroine that saved the tow...
21K 1.1K 47
I don't know if I died or not, but the moment I regained my consciousness, I was already standing on a field full of grass and surrounded by trees. "...