Still loving you

By helyyyya

When a drunk Aimee ends up in the car of her former crush Ayla, all the feelings she tried so hard to erase s... More

1. Prequel
2.Three years later
3.To be or not be drunk
4. Marriage story
5. Drawing the unreal when you can't draw reality
6. Truth or dare ?
7. Under the tree
8. The tale of a drunk night
9. On the passenger seat
10. Mrs.Gailor the wise
11. A table for two
12 . The calm before the storm
13. A late night talk
15. Stay with me...
16. Hungover ?
17. I'm sorry...
18. Night confessions
19. Unexpected guests
20. Rough night
21. Snowy kiss
22. So what now?
23. A morning gift
24. Two Juliets
25. 5 years later...

14. Garden gnomes and cranberry vodka

4.2K 106 12
By helyyyya

I was awoken by my phone buzzing on my nightstand . Who could text me at 4am ? It was still dark outside and the birds were still asleep unlike me who was now fully awake . I pushed away my blanket and tried to find my phone despite the lack of light in my room . My parents lived where no streetlights seemed to have ever existed and when night sets in the hope of seeing light disapears with daytime . But as I looked at my phone there was light again, not the light you see but the light you feel . It was her again, texting me at 4am ...

Ayla : thanks for tonight it was nice :) sorry about Dean he's a bit rude sometimes...

Sometimes ? Anyway, right now I didn't care about the last part of her message . She had a great time earlier and that was what really mattered . I smiled like an in love teenager in front of my phone for a few minutes before finally typing something back .

Aimee : You're welcome, it was nice seeing you again ;) you're okay ?

typing...

Ayla : I am, u ?

Aimee : yep, can't sleep ?

Ayla: nope, bad dreams...

Well I could relate ...

Aimee : Want to talk about it ?

Ayla : Not really

Aimee: okay, I'm here if you need me ;)

Ayla : thank you ;)
Ayla : and what are u doing up ?

Aimee : someone texted me at 4 in the morning and I had no choice but to answer

Ayla Shit ! Did I wake you up ???

Aimee : kind of ahah ;)

Ayla : Oh no I'm so sorry I didn't realise you were probably sleeping I'm so sorry!!!

Aimee : Ayla it's fine really don't worry and stop apologizing pleaaaase

Ayla : okay okay :) I won't apologize ever again ;)

Aimee : good ;) u should try to sleep a bit though

Ayla : you're right, good night Aimee Queen ;)

Aimee : Good night Ayla ;)

As I through my phone on the covers my heart was dancing salsa in my chest and the butterflies in my belly decided to join the show . I had never felt that in ages and the fact that the last time had been the consequence of talking with the exact same girl had a bittersweet feeling . I was weak in front of her, I needed to toughen up if I wanted to stay safe from these feelings . I could hear them come back and settle in my mind, in my heart again . They were the most beautiful but in the same what seemed to be the most dangerous feelings ever . She has a boyfriend, she doesn't like girls, you have no chance Aimee . I tried to chase this thoughts out of my mind and to focus on something positive, something positive that wasn't her . She was always so smiling, so nice, so funny, how could he not respect her ? How could he not realize who she was ? Okay, Dean isn't positive thoughts he's basically the opposite .

I laid on my bed, closed my eyes and sleep eventually found its way back to me along with weird dreams in which Dean was kept in an enclosure dressed as a pig with little kids throwing him apples over the fence .

_____

"So what's your project again ?" asked my dad as he put a bowl in front of him, bowl on which my name was written with hearts around it .

"I want to be an illustrator" I replied taking a sip of my dad's perfect hot chocolate .

"That's great" he replied obviously trying to hide the fact that he didn't know anything about being an illustrator "an illustrator for what ?"

"Well there's many options but I would love to illustrate kids books" I answered having the funny impression of being eighteen again having to say what I wanted to do when I grow up .

"That's great" he repeated a second time "You know someone who could write the stories ?"

"Umm not really..." I said " I didn't think about it yet"

"You need someone who knows children" added my mom while typing something on her laptop her glasses reflecting the screenlight .

"Yeah but who ?" I asked unable to see who could know children and be able to write stories about them .

"Well, you'll find someone, I'm sure you will" my dad stated and I wished he was right .

I didn't want to draw for some already famous children's books, I wanted to create these books, to start from scratch and make it my project . Who could be able to write about children ?

_____

I went back to my appartment in the afternoon leaving my parent's with my arms full of chocolate boxes, clean sheets and meals for a week . If one thing was sure it was that I wouldn't die from hunger even in case of an apocalypse .

I was searching for my keys when my phone buzzed in my back pocket .

Justin : Party tonight, at Ayla's, u coming ?

Ayla : Party at my house tonight do you want to come ?

I opened my door struggling not to let my phone fall as my hands were carrying to much food for one person . I put everything on the kitchen's table and typed quickly on my phone before heading to the shower . I had to get prepared for another party but for once I was glad to do so.

____

I arrived at 8 in front of the house I dropped her off a few days ago . I hadn't notice how cute the garden was . There were flowers everywhere, light garlands running among the plants and the most funny part was probably the garden gnomes welcoming me at the entrance . I went to open the door but didn't have time to press the handle that her face appeared on the other side of the threshold her cheeks redder than usual the same smile lightening her pretty face .

"Helloooo !" she took my hand and drove me inside the house Justin following us close as he seemed to have been waiting right behind her .

"Hello Aimee ! How are you ?" he asked out of breath "You want to drink something ? Eat something ? Drink something ?"

"Wow umm I fine and yes I would love to drink something eat something and you already asked the last thing" I laughed seing him running towards the buffet "What's happening to you guys ?" I chuckled as Ayla turned up the volume of the musique letting Dua Lipa invade the room .

"Nothing I'm just happy to see you!" she replied totally evicting the 'you guys' part of my question which made me smile . For once she was only thinking about her .

"I'm happy too!" I said raising my voice as 'Love again' was raging from the speakers "Where are you parents ?"

"They don't really live here, they have a house in the country they spend most of their time there" she replied still beaming .

"So you're telling me that you're keeping these gnomes out here even though your parents don't live here anymore ?" I laughed at the thought of the weird waxed little men outside the house.

"Hey I love these gnomes" she laughed "they're amazing!"

"Really ?" I chuckled and this was the starting point of her listing all the positive aspects of having garden gnomes . I felt like in a commercial for garden gnomes and this was by far the best commercial I ever saw .

"Okay okay you win they're kinda cute" I gave up seing her smile as she realized she conviced me garden gnomes were not that bad .

"See they're amazing!" she almost shouted making me laugh even more .

"Yeah they're not that bad" I smiled .

"Cool so I'm gonna get you a garden gnome for your birthday" she laughed and suddenly hugged me .

"Oh umm... I-I don't have a garden..." was the only thing I could say I tried to focus on the gnome rather than on her body that was so close to mine .

"It's okay you'll put it in your room"

"What are you gonna put in your room ?" Justin arrived three glasses in his hands making Ayla step away from me .

"Nothing" we replied in one voice chuckling like kids at Justin's confused face .

He handed me a glass of what tasted like vodka and cranberry juice and I was surprised by Ayla taking a glass of what seemed -judging by the color- to be filled with the exact same thing as mine . But what was even more startling was to see her drink the whole thing in one go .

"Is she okay ?" I whispered to Justin who didn't seem to care as much as I did .

"Umm yeah it's been like this for half an hour" he replied like nothing was wrong with Ayla suddenly drinking alcohol when she had been against it for life .

"I can hear you" she said her voice already betraying her state .

"Ayla maybe you should take it easy on vodka" I tried to take her glass but it was already empty .

"Wh- Oh that's my favorite song!" she shouted and started dancing among other people in the middle of her living-room .

"She said that about five songs already" Justin chuckled as Ayla was trying to do a moonwalk and -let's face it- she was miserably failing .

Observing everybody dancing I soon noticed something that lightened my heart a little . He wasn't here . Her shitty boyfriend wasn't here .

_____________________________________________________________________________
<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

790 70 6
Freshman year of college, Ocean and Eve became the best of friends. Finding themselves inseparable from each other amongst their friend group of seve...
289 0 54
What started as a game for popular and attractive students turned into Zoey wanting to find a real relationship. She wanted to win the dating games...
25K 1K 16
-𝒂𝒏𝒅 π’Š 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒕 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐𝒐 π’˜π’‚π’π’• π’šπ’π’–- when billie crashes the car, life for the couple goes even more pear-shaped than before. what wi...
495K 17.4K 34
Gracie Slater and Colleen Witzel couldn't be more different. Gracie was the popular cheerleader and Colleen was the shy weird girl hated by all. To...