Sir Arthur

By Maureentab

~Complete~ Sir Arthur had never thought he'd befriend a small clumsy female who was determined to be a veteri... More

• Preface
• One
• Two
• Three
• Four
• Five
• Seven
• Eight
• Nine
• Ten
• Eleven
• Twelve
• Thirteen
• Fourteen
• Fifteen
• Sixteen
• Seventeen
• Eighteen
• Nineteen
• Twenty
• Twenty-one
• Twenty-two
• Twenty-three
• Twenty-four
• Twenty-five
• Twenty-six
• Twenty-seven
• Twenty-eight
• Twenty-nine
• Thirty
• Thirty-one
• Thirty-two
• Thirty-three
• Thirty-four
• Thirty-five
• Thirty-six
• Thirty-seven
• Thirty-eight
• Thirty-nine
• Forty
• Forty-one
• Forty-two
• Forty-three
• Forty-four
• Forty-five
• Forty-six
Author's note

• Six

1.9K 80 3
By Maureentab

Time had flown too quickly. Too fast to Kim's liking.

It was four o'clock in the afternoon and she was sprawled on Faye's bed her hands hanging out at the edges and her legs tangled in the soft covers.

She stared out at the window wandering what this evening would bring. The night of the royal ball was just hours away and there was no running away.

The carriage that would ferry them to the palace would soon arrive at the manor before dusk. Anxiety was was eating her away as she watched the lovely trees outside that brushed by smoothly as the wind blew.

They were carefree and Kimberly wanted just that at the moment.

Her dress had been delivered a day before from town. It was a silk floral gown that completely enveloped her small frame with glitters that glistened as she moved around.

She had tried on the gown just as it arrived under her mother's watchful eye to make sure that it was the right size and perfect.

It fit ravishingly. Faye had said so and Kim didn't ponder much over how she looked. That was the least of her worries. Her thoughts were elsewhere.

She had not spoken to Lily since their little run in at the seamstress's shop. She thus did not know whether their little plan tonight was till intact.

Kim groaned loudly grabbing the covers and squished them into her anxious stricken face as she rolled over the bed.

The door to Faye's room opened once again and Kim ignored it assuming that Faye was back from picking out her accessories from her room that she had to put on for the event.

Kim solely depended on her tonight since she hardly knew what colours matched and the different ornaments that accompanied them. She was utterly clueless to matters that concerned beauty.

The covers were roughly dragged out of her face making her squint her eyes open as she shot daggers at Faye. It would have been better if she had asked her to sit up nicely.

However, it wasn't Faye's face that she met.

Madame Paula glanced down at her narrowing her eyes as she looked at her unprepared self. Her hair was sticking out unbraided and her dress had slightly risen. "You'd better get up and start preparing!"

Kim jumped off the bed and rushed back to her room not bothering to put on any shoes. The last thing she wanted was get on Madame Paula's bad side.

Kim stumbled into her room and released a tired yawn as she carelessly stretched her arms. Her room was slightly messy with a few books littered on her small desk. She had forgotten to clean it earlier that morning after ruffling through her bookshelf trying to get hold of a good book.

It always took ages to find a great book from the recommended books her father fed into her room. She would occasionally come across books on sewing, needlework and embroidery.

She would fold some of the pages on them, so that they wouldn't look new to convince her mother that she had gone through them when she would just toss them across the room as she searched for interesting topics.

Earlier today, she been researching about some medicine that she had discovered. She had been going through most books on her shelf to get the book she had been currently reading only to find it missing.

Someone must have picked it out or replaced it with something feminine. Her father perhaps. He was always concerned about the books she read and that's why he always oversaw the books that were brought to her shelf.

She had forgotten to put the books back in place afterwards leaving the desk a whole mess.

However right now there was no time for that. She quickly took a bath as the sun was just about to set and dressed faster than usual since she didn't have Faye's aid.

Kim and Faye had contrasting ideas when it came to dressing. While Faye tended to like things that were bright and sparkly, Kimberly liked gloomy colors. Those that didn't stand out more.

She would have taken much longer were Faye assisting her in dressing tonight as they wouldn't be in agreement about attires but since her gown was already defined, it wasn't supposed to be an issue.

She quickly glanced at herself through the oval shaped mirror that lay on her dressing table .

She was pretty content with how she looked . She twirled around and smiled back at her reflection. She hoped that she'd steer clear from attention at the ball, worse even trouble.

Kim had just slipped on her shoes when Faye waltzed into the room. She eyed Kim for a while before jumping excitedly from her spot as she picked on some jewelry she had brought along.

"Let me spice you up with these,"  Faye stated happily as she picked a golden necklace from her collection and moved closer.

"I think I'll be fine this way," Kim began to protest as she pried away for her. She didn't exactly want to stand out and putting on the glistening ornament on Faye's hands would make that nearly impossible.

"What is taking so long? We should be leaving, the carriage is here." Her mother entered the room eyeing the two girls who were moving around the room in circles as if they were playing.

"I'm just putting this necklace on her," Faye mumbled as she adorned it on Kim who held an unpleasant look on her face. It lay coldly on her neck making her shoot Faye a glare. She didn't like how cold it lay on her collarbone.

"That's all ma'am," Faye said as she stood across the room. Lady Flora glanced at her daughter and once she was pleased with Kimberly's appearance, she gestured her out of the room.

Kim discreetly gave Faye a wink who in turn winked back a wicked grin on her face. She would be expecting news once Kim was back. News on Scholar Collins.

The carriage was already waiting at the front of their manor. Lord Heather smiled warmly at his wife and daughter as they walked down the stairs to the carriage where he waited patiently with his son.

"You took so long!" Gerald whined once the two reached the carriage. Kim rolled her eyes at him as she slowly adjusted the ends of her dress before she tripped. Her brother was never patient for anything.

"Let's leave now before we're late," her father spoke as he helped Lady Flora into the carriage. Gerald helped Kim in and once everyone was fully settled, the carriage took off.

It was just after sunset and they would arrive shortly afterwards. The palace was not that far from their homestead thus it was such an honor that the king had sent out a carriage to pick them up for the great event.

Lord Heather was a General anyway and supervised the king's security thus it wasn't a surprise to receive such an offer.

Kings and noble men and women from neighbouring kingdoms were expected to attend in large numbers and the ball was supposed to be a big one from the numerous invitations that had been sent over time.

Apparently the eldest prince had just turned into the marriageable age and was supposed to find the suitable lady who'd become the future queen and lead over their kingdom.

Thus Kim knew how important the event was especially that it would last till dawn. Ladies from far and within their kingdom would flock the entire palace dressed elegantly seeking attention.

Especially with how snobbish noble ladies tended to be and with the likes of Talia, Kim wished she wouldn't come across such tonight. She highly detested them.

A cold breeze brushed by making Kim grab her coat closer to her dainty body. She was glad to have picked it up just as they were leaving even when it was a black one.

She would have to leave it once they entered the palace. The place had better be warm because she wasn't going to freeze when she had a coat nearby.

Her parents were engaged in a conversation at the front of the carriage completely forgetting them. Gerald just silently glanced out into the cold dark night.

If only Faye would have been able to come, they would chat endlessly over anything.

"We're here," the coachmen announced once the carriage came to a halt. They all stepped out carefully and stared, struck by the captivating sight.

The palace did indeed look lovely as it usually did but with the bright lights that shone with different colors and the soft music playing, it was refreshing.

Kimberly wondered if she would stay awake all night. One thing she hoped was for Lily not to bail out on her.

✿✿✿

Another update!
Thank you all for giving this story a try so far. I'd like to hear from you what you think about this. Have a great week ahead .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206 1 33
he is her knight in shining armor. knight is not soft, gentleman towards other people....... but for her he is killingly handsome and charming, he i...
17.7K 408 32
I feel his hands glide down towards my fanny and I stop fixing my hair. "Liam-" I start to say but am cut off by him. "Are you sure you want to sell...
25K 726 23
Losing someone is painful, the absence of their presence ,a glaring fact , the lost memories ,a reminder of you used to have. But what if you had ano...
39.1K 4.8K 61
He's beyond perfect. His domineering presence is undeniably formidable as he stood tall and proud towering all over us. He has a sleek hair that sh...