Becoming The Best, One Block...

By Scarlemange

Absolute hell, that's not how most people describe Minecraft, but Izuku Midoriya was not most people. In a wo... More

Well That Could Have Gone Better
Getting Doxxed
Killing Ruins Your Social Life, But Homeschooling Makes A Streamer
Life Is...Ugh
Survive

Whoever Said Money Doesnt't Help is a Liar

706 19 20
By Scarlemange

Fear. Fear is all Izuku felt as he was hiding inside a cabinet. He was drenched in sweat, tears streamed out of his closed eyes, and both of his hands were covering his mouth trying to silence the sounds of his whimpers. "OH IZUUKUUUU,'' Inko's voice rang out playfully. "COME ON OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE,'' 'Inko' shouted in the same tone of voice. Izuku put more pressure on his mouth, trying to mute his growing whimpers. Then suddenly the cabinet door was opened. ''tHErE YoU aRe,'' the voice from earlier, but more monstrous, said. However, when Izuku turned around no one was there. Instead, the body of the man whom he killed was in front of him. Izuku tried to back away, forgetting he was in a cabinet. "GET AWAY FROM ME,'' Izuku screamed. Suddenly he felt an object in his hand; he looked down to see the blood-stained knife that he used. Izuku screamed and threw the knife away from him, but it just reappeared in his hand. Izuku threw the knife once again but it kept on returning to his hand. "Why are you throwing it away,'' a monotone voice asked.

Izuku looked around and saw the dead body standing, blood flowing from the multiple stab wounds in his chest. "Aren't you going to keep stabbing me,'' it asked in the same monotone voice as its arm became the familiar black slime. The slimed arm then stretched and started to choke Izuku. The slime then grew and enveloped Izuku's body. "Please stop,'' Izuku pleaded as tears flowed from his eyes. "You didn't stop. Why should I.'' Izuku's eyes widened as the slime climbed up his face. Muffled screams rang out as the slime slowly wrapped around his face. Izuku could only feel terror, but soon enough the slime covered the last patch of his body, his right eye. Suddenly Izuku was in a pitch-black room, and in front of him was...well it was himself. Only his 'clone' had glowing white eyes. Izuku who was still terrified was now also confused. He slowly raised his hand to touch his clone, but it whispered,'' What are you going to do.'' Izuku retracted his hand, only now noticing that the knife was still in his hand.

His clone then turned into the hulking slimy brute from the apartment. In a monstrous voice, it asked, ''kIlL mE?" It then opened its mouth and bit down on Izuku's head.

Izuku gasped as he shot up from the bed. He brought his hands up, reaching for his face. He could feel the sweat on his face and he noticed his racing heart. He started taking deep breaths in an attempt to calm down. His heartbeat eventually returned to normal and he let his hands fall to his side. He took a few more deep breaths and turned to his side, seeing his still asleep sister snuggling with the British Blue kitten. His eyes then widened as he remembered the kitten he was sleeping with. He threw off his half of the quilt and sighed in relief when he saw the Seal Point Ragdoll kitten curled up at his legs. "How in the world did you get there?'' Izuku then gently pet the kitten with his index finger. He stayed there, petting the cat, and unbeknownst to him, he had a small smile. Eventually, he got thirsty and decided to get some water. He grabbed the kitten and placed it on the pillow he was using. ''You are not staying under the blanket,'' Izuku whispered as he pet the kitten one last time.

Izuku then exited the room. He walked to the kitchen and saw Aizawa eating a Konnyaku jelly drink. Izuku slowly walked up to him and asked, ''Do you have water?'' Aizawa was startled and quickly turned around. When Aizawa saw that it was just Izuku he sighed and said, ''Yeah. I do. Go take a seat, and I'll give you a glass of water.'' ''Thank you,'' Izuku said as he went to take a seat on a stool.

As Aizawa filled a glass with water he asked, ''What are you doing awake.'' "I had a nightmare and I got thirsty,'' Aizawa said nothing as he turned off the faucet and handed Izuku the glass. "Thank you,'' Izuku said once again as he drank all the water. ''Ahhhh,'' Izuku said in satisfaction, but soon enough he needed to use the restroom. "Where's the bathroom?" "First door on the left.'' Izuku got up and went to use the bathroom. After he finished, and after he finished washing his hands he splashed some water on his face. ''All right Izuku it was just a bad dream.'' Izuku then looked down at the sink and the water that was building up. He looked down and saw his reflection, but instead of seeing his real reflection, he saw his face splattered with blood, flesh, and parts of vomit.

Izuku screamed and as he backed away from the sink he slipped and fell on his back. He screamed again, but this time in pain. Soon enough the door was blown wide open by Nemuri, with Izumi, who still had a blanket on, and Aizawa behind her. "ARE YOU OKAY,'' they all asked at the same time. ''Not really,'' Izuku groaned out as he attempted to get up, but a sharp pain ran out through his back. "That was a mistake,'' he muttered as he laid back down. Nemuri went to his side and carried him, careful not put to much pressure on his back. "What happened,'' she asked gently. ''I-I saw b-blood on my face. H-his b-bl-blood was on my face. His fl-flesh. I-I,'' Izuku stuttered out. In a gentle tone, Nemuri said, ''Hey. It's okay. Do you want to sleep with me just in case you have another nightmare?'' Izuku nodded while staying quiet and Nemuri only said, ''Ok,'' as she brought him to her room. She placed him in bed and entered and started to move her hands through his hair, trying to soothe him to sleep.

She didn't say anything or make a sound but if you saw her you could see her sorrowful facial expressions. Soon enough Izumi entered the room with both kittens and asked, ''Can we come in?" Nemuri nodded and lifted the blanket so Izumi could enter. When Izumi got in she handed Izuku the kitten, and her elder brother started to pet the cat with his thumb. Izumi followed suit and Nemuri just continued running her hands through Izuku's hair, while she also ran her hands through Izumi's hair.

For the rest of the night, until they fell to sleep, this is how the three of them stayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprisingly, Izuku was the first to wake. However, unlike the last time he woke up, he stayed in bed and stared at the ceiling. Yet, that was when the events of the previous day hit him like a truck. A part of him hoped it was all just a horrible dream, but as he looked at the cat in his arms he knew it was true. His lips started to quiver and his eyes started to build up. ''Damn it,'' he whispered bitterly as his tears started to fall; he looked up to try and stop his tears from flowing. Out of nowhere, he felt something ruff but ticklish being dragged across his face. When Izuku looked down he saw the kitten licking his cheek. The kitten continued, and while it started to feel a bit like sandpaper being dragged on his face, Izuku did nothing except laugh.

His laughing woke up his sister and aunt. His sister grabbed a pillow and lightly hit him with it. ''The sun isn't awake. Why are you,'' she complained. Izuku feigned anger as he grabbed a pillow and hit his sister with about the same force she hit him. ''This is for always waking me up early.'' Izumi gritted her teeth and was about to retaliate when a purple gas erupted and put them to sleep. ''Well I hoped we would wake up later, but time to get ready for the day,'' Nemuri said as she got up and went to grab a cup of coffee to wake up.

When she arrived in the kitchen she saw the premade coffee that she expected from Aizawa. ''Reliable and predictable Aizawa,'' she said as she smiled, grabbed a cup, and served herself. ''So you're just going to serve yourself without asking me,'' Aizawa's voice rang out. ''You wouldn't have bothered yourself enough to make this amount of coffee if you didn't plan on sharing,'' Nemuri said as she turned around to see Aizawa in a bright yellow sleeping bag. Aizawa only tsk'ed in response and turned away. The 2 adults didn't speak a word, and Nemuri, after finishing her coffee went back to the guest room. The twins, along with the kittens were still fast asleep. Nemuri sighed to herself and thought, ''I should have let them stay awake. Oh well. Too late now.'' She grabbed the kids and slung them over her shoulders and left.

On her way out she heard Aizawa say, ''Bye Nemuri... I'm sorry about Hisashi. He may have been annoying but he was a good man.'' Nemuri didn't turn around but in response, she said, ''Thank you.'' She opened the door and left for her house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Izuku POV:
When I woke up again I was back home, laying down in my bed. For some reason, hope that everything was a convoluted dream sprang from the depths of my heart and I shot out of bed and headed for my parent's room. I opened the door and saw Aunty Nemuri holding a family picture with a somber smile. Finally, all my hope diminished and I clenched the sides of my pants in anger. I was angry at the doctors, I was angry at myself for not doing enough, I was angry at Aunty Nemuri for not saving my parents, I was angry at my parents for leaving us, and I was angry at their murderer. I ran out of the room and ran out of the apartment. I didn't even know where I was heading but I just ran as far as my legs would carry me.

Eventually, I ran into an alley and collapsed from exhaustion. I didn't know what to do so I just screamed at the top of my lungs in frustration. Eventually, I heard heavy footsteps walking toward me and I grabbed a broken beer bottle that I found. ''WHOSE THERE,'' I screamed out while shaking in fear. The cause of the footsteps appeared in front of me, All Might. However, I didn't put down the beer bottle and kept it in front of me. ''Whoa, there kid. Relax I'm All Might. I'm a hero.'' ''LIAR,'' I screamed. ''YOUR JUST SOME DUDE WHO LOOKS LIKE HIM! YOU'RE HERE TO HURT ME!' All Might shook his head and said, ''I'm just here to help. Where are your parents, kid? What are you doing alone.'' ''PROVE TO ME YOUR ALL MIGHT!?" All Might chuckled and asked, ''How am I supposed to do that?" "I DON'T KNOW! PUNCH A HOLE IN A CLOUD OR SHOW ME YOUR HERO LICENSE!'' All Might chuckled nervously and replied, ''Well I don't carry my license on me anymore.'' ''PUNCH A HOLE THROUGH A CLOUD THEN!" All Might sighed in defeat and asked, ''What if I jumped really high?" I thought it over for a second and said, ''That sounds good.'' All Might then crouched down and jumped high into the air. ''Sucker,'' I whispered victoriously as I ran away, only to be met with an angry Nemuri. I chuckled nervously and backed away into the alley again, only for All Might to land behind me. ''Well this is awkward,'' I muttered in a defeated tone. Aunty Nemuri's angry face slowly faded and turned into one of worry. ''Are you okay? Any bruises? Why did you run away?" I looked away from my worried aunt and I silently muttered, ''I was angry. Angry at Mom and Dad for dying. Angry at you for not saving them. Angry at the man who killed them. And...and angry at myself. I could have done anything to save them. If we were out just long enough maybe they would still be here.'' Aunty sighed and looked at me with understanding eyes. ''Izuku we can't blame ourselves in situations we can't control. You could never have known what would have happened, and even if you were with your parents when the man attack what would you have done?'' ''I-I don't know. Maybe I could have hurt him, maybe I could have distracted them.'' ''Izuku there was nothing I could do when he used his quirk. What could you have done? You're only a child.''

I sighed and started crying for what seemed to be the millionth time in the span of 24 hours. ''I'm sorry,'' I whispered through sobs while I went to hug Aunty Nemuri. ''It's okay,'' she whispered as she hugged back and carried me. She then looked at All Might and said, ''Thanks All Might.'' ''No problem Midnight, but I have to ask, what happened? How do you know the boy?" ''It's a family matter All Might.'' ''Then I will not press any further. I have to meet with Tsukauchi. Until next time.'' All Might then jumped away and Aunty Nemuri carried me back home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person POV:

While carrying Izuku home Nemuri considered what to do. Izuku and Izumi were definitely not going to be okay, and she didn't know how to raise kids. No one she knew had kids, well except for one. When she arrived back home, a waiting Izumi was sitting in front of the television with her collection of All Might surrounding her. Nemuri placed Izuku down next to Izumi and said, ''I know you guys probably feel like this is out of taste, but do you guys want to open the present I got you?" Izuku and Izumi looked at each other and huddled together. Izumi wanted to say yes, and Izuku well agreed. He thought it would cheer them up. ''Yes,'' the twins said in unison. Nemuri then left for a second a brought out a small red bag. She pulled out a golden All Might figurine still in the box with All Might's signiture on the front. Izumi gasped and grabbed it with the utmost care. ''How did you get this? These haven't been sold for 10 years. All Might never signed any of these either.'' Nemuri smiled and said, ''Well as a hero I have connections. I used some savings and bought it and had All Might sign it.'' Izumi then asked, ''This belongs in a museum or a safe. I shouldn't even be able to hold this.'' Nemuri smiled and brought out a clear case. ''I knew you would say that so I bought this too.'' She handed it off to Izumi who went to her room to put it in a safe corner. Nemuri then brought out Izuku's gift. ''I know you love video games so I did the same thing for you and bought you vintage consoles, but also a gift card to make cost the same as Izumi's.'' She then brought out a gift card redeemable for 67,000 yen as well an anniversary Gameboy. Izuku's eyes widened like Izumi's. ''I want to use it so bad, but it's so rare.'' Nemuri smiled and said, ''That's why I got two.'' She then pulled one out that was in a display case. Izuku almost collapsed in shock. He grabbed both and bitterly said, ''It's dumb how 2 of these and 67, 000 yen cost the same as that dumb action figure.'' Nemuri shrugged and said, ''Well just enjoy them. Go to your room and I'll call you down for dinner.'' Izuku nodded and went to his room. He saw Izumi trying to find the best place for the action figure. Izuku rolled his eyes and proceeded to do the same with his extra Gameboy. He didn't take anywhere near as long and booted up the PC in the corner of the room with a bit of hesitation. He spent the rest of his time setting it up, with the help of various videos and internet searches courtesy of Nemuri's phone.

When he finished he bought a few free games and as he was scrolling through the clearance section, trying to make the most of his money. Finally, after hours of searching, he finally found an interesting game. He opened up the game description.

Minecraft is a 3-D computer game where players can build anything. The game which has been described as like an 'online Lego' involves building blocks and creating structures across different environments and terrains. Set in a virtual world the game involves resource gathering, crafting items, building, and combat.

''Minecraft huh. Well, this looks interesting,'' Izumi whispered. Soon enough he heard Nemuri scream, ''IZUKU! IZUMI! FOOD'S READY!''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

841 27 22
Izuku Midoriya always wanted to be a hero since he was a little kid. Since he saw the great All Might save so many lives, that has been his one dream...
6.1K 148 6
Izuku Midoriya was born quirkless along with his twin sister Izumi as they were discriminated against by their friends in school even their childhood...
87.9K 3.1K 21
DISCONTINUED! HOWEVER, THERE IS A NEW VERSION CALLED TO TAKE MY HAND under my profile! Summary: An unfortunate switch of events for the heroes in tra...
4.1K 137 9
A long time ago a quirk appeared in China as a child who was born was shining brightly as years past multiple children started to develop more supern...