𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 | Matt Sturnio...

By cucumberinpicklejar

𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 :adjective /ˈpəːfɪkt/ Definition: absolute; complete Where 3 best friends meet the Sturniolo t... More

Authors Note
Characters
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Four
Thiry Five
Thirty Six
.

Thirty Three

2.5K 25 6
By cucumberinpicklejar

Please listen to TV by Billie Eilish for the beginning, it's so pretty and fits the start so well! Ily :)

After the conversation with Zian, Venus had a bittersweet feeling the next few days. It was now Thursday and she had barely left the house. However, the cycle she was in was lifting; light at the end of the tunnel.

Her room was covered in dirty laundry like a sea only a narrow path down the centre leading towards her bed. Leftover plates, cups and wrappers from each day stood on her dresser spoiling the collected aesthetic of the room. The curtains remained closed at all times, it wasn't that she hated the light or the view but the fact that she would be able to see all the people down below living their lives when she knew she was wasting hers.

Crawling out of bed, she stretched her arms out, moving her head from side to side, loosening up a little. She walked over to the giant window which took up her entire wall and pulled back the curtains, letting herself watch people leaving their cars and heading to work in formal attire or the families with children leaving for school. They all had their own lives. It was a comforting reminder, the thought that nothing really mattered, we were just here to make the most out of the lives we were given and it was our choice how we could do that.

She began picking up the clothes from the floor, peice by peice until the light brown wood shone through. She needed a detox and knew the only way to get better was if she pushed herself a little. Taking everything day by day and 'Like every storm, this too shall pass,' she read in one of those silly coming of age books, the quote repeating in her head.

She was the problem. However, she also knew it wasn't her fault she was like this, it wasn't her fault these cycles happened and she was grateful she had such understanding friends that were always there for her. However, she realised that all her friendships were one sided, her being the one not reciprocating. She needed to put in more effort and be a better friend and that's what her new goal was.

It was early morning and with no intention to sleep and a lot of time till her friends woke up, she was definitely going to clean the rest of the apartment. She wanted to be a better friend and focus on those that loved her. She sent a text on the group chat asking to go out so they'd all see it when they woke up.

Laylah strolled into the living room, it was now 10 in the morning and Venus had fully cleaned each room of the apartment besides theirs. The girl lazily rubbed her eyes as she plummeted onto the couch. To another it may look like she was uncomfortable with her legs on the highest point of the couch whilst her arms hung below, fingers touching the floor but she stayed like that for a few minutes. Divina followed her in and looked at the girl strangely.

"That can't be comfortable for you," she remarked, the confusion not leaving her face.

"Nah, it is, it's like yoga," Laylah opened one of her eyes to look at her.

"Lies, your body looks like it's stretching in places it shouldn't be able to."

"Maybe I'm just flexible," the girl huffed.

"Girl, you cuss every time you cross your legs," Divina laughed.

"Shut the fuck up, maybe if you just try it you wouldn't be chatting so much shit."

"Whatever. Also when did you clean up? I was going to at least do the bathroom," the girl asked, leaning against the doorway.

"Bitch you think i'd clean up your mess?" Laylah laughed, her eyes still shut.

"Rude much but then did you clean anywhere else?" Divina continued asking.

"Nope, maybe Venus did. Wait... she cleaned up?" she opened her eyes wide.

"Omg, Venus cleaned up!" Divina yelled excitedly as the other girl ran past her to go find their friend.

Venus was laying in her bed with her laptop to her chest answering emails - something she hadn't done in a while when her door flung open revealing two excited teenagers.

"How long have you been awake bitch, you cleaned up the entire apartment!" Divina yelled with a beaming smile. Laylah ran and jumped on her, wrapping her arms on either side of her.

"Yeah I did!" Venus laughed, "I think I've been up since 6, I couldn't sleep," she smiled lightly at them both as Divina joined Laylah on the bed.

"I'm so happy you're ok," Laylah sighed into the sheets.

"And thank you guys for being there for me that's why I cleaned up everywhere, I wanted to do something for you," she responded.

"You're the cutest," Divina replied, "also when and where are we all meeting, Nick said he's down to go out like 20 minuets ago."

"Beach?" Venus grinned at her best friends and they all laughed happily.

It was now 1pm and the girls were ready to go, they packed their bags into the car along with a sun umbrella - which Chris said was a necessity. They were going to wait till the evening to go to the beach but in the meantime Nick said to hang out at theirs so that's where they were going. They sat in their usual places as Divina started the engine. It had been a while since they had all gone out and they didn't realise how much they missed it until they felt the nostalgia of Venus and Laylah in the back seats whilst Divina sat in the front driving. It hadn't been that long but seeing it was coming on two weeks since Venus spiralled, to the girls it was an eternity.

"Guys, i'm nervous," Venus blurted out whilst Laylah scrolled on their playlists to find a song.

"Why?" she asked, glancing up from her phone. She knew exactly why she was so anxious but she knew she couldn't tell them because it would make things awkward again.

"I don't know, I feel like it's been a while," the brown eyed girl played with the rings on her fingers.

"It has for you but you'll see once we get there it'll be like nothing happened. They understand what happened and your situation so there's nothing new to tell them," Divina reassured her.

"Yeah, you're right, you always know what to say Div," she let out a shaky laugh.

"Girl, don't stress it, I promise you it will be fine," she replied, keeping her focus on the road.

"Ok."

They walked up the drive of the triplets house and knocked on the door. Venus was watching her hands as they continued playing with her rings, moving them round and round her fingers. The door opened and Chris stood there with a big smile on his face.

"Greetings," he said, extending his arm out to them.

"Who even says that," Divina laughed, shaking his hand nevertheless.

"Dude you're weird," Laylah added.

"What? I was greeting you the way a gentleman would," Chris responded, holding his hands up in defence. "So happy to see all three of you this time," he said, looking at Venus who hadn't looked up from her hands. Divina nudged her, causing her to look up at her with a confused look.

"Oh hello," she chuckled lightly, "my bad, i was daydreaming," she lied.

"Well it's nice to see you finally," he brought the girl in for a hug.

"Hey, i don't wanna stand outside here forever," Laylah waved her hands in front of him.

"Oh shit yeah, come in," Chris walked inside to the living room.

Laylah followed him in but as they reached the doorway Divina pulled Venus' arm aside.

"I know something happened between you and Matt, I also know you don't wanna tell us which is ok. I just wanted to remind you that you're eighteen and a beautiful ass bitch and that you have good judgement. So, don't get in your head about all this and just hang out with your friends for a bit, no other shit, you get me?" She looked at the girl with stern eyes.

"Yeah, i will, thanks for that Divi, i really needed that. I'm trying to be mature about my situation and hopefully I am but i know ima be overthinking like hell today so i don't know how well im gonna do," Venus replied truthfully.

"Ok, if i see you zoned out for any reason, i'll nudge you. Deal?" Divina asked her.

"Deal."

As the girls walked in, Chris sat in the middle with Laylah, Matt on the opposite couch. They looked around for Nick but couldn't see him. Confused, Venus asked where he was to which they all just shrugged. All of a sudden, both girls felt a pair of arms reach around them and before they knew it, they were tackled to the ground.

"Nick what the fuck!" Divina yelled through a fit of laughter.

"You're evil for this," Venus added even though she wrapped her arms around him and gave him a hug.

"I missed you bitch!" He yelled at her.

"What about me?" Divina put her hand to her heart, pretending to be offended.

"Nah fuck you and Lays chips over there, i've seen you guys plenty, pretty sick of you lot," he laughed.

"Hey, we didn't ask to be here," Laylah threw her hands up in the air defensively.

"But you're here," he said with a serious face, "nah i'm playing, i missed seeing all three of you a lot, we haven't hung out in ages."

"True facts," Matt chimed in and everyone looked at him.

"Nice to see your face too, you both have been m.i.a like little rodents," Laylah pointed at him.

"Shushh," he grinned at her as Nick and the two girls scrambled off the floor and took their places on the couches too. Divina next to Nick and Venus next to Matt - a decision she made to not make it awkward.

"Hi," Matt said, looking over her face, taking it all in. Two weeks had been a long time for the pair too.

"Hey," she looked back at him and smiled in an attempt to block out the butterflies she was feeling in her stomach.

"How have you been? We haven't talked much," he asked, genuinely concerned.

"I can't lie, I was struggling for a bit but I think I'm ok now. I wanted to hang out with everyone again because I thought it would be good," she answered.

"It was a good idea and you know you can talk to me whenever, I'll always listen," he rested his arm on the couch behind her.

"I appreciate it," she smiled, she hated that it felt so forced, she hated that there was tension and she hated that she caused it all. Did she regret what she said that night? Maybe but it was all for a good reason, right?

"I know things got confusing the last time we saw each other and I was wondering-" he began but Nick cut him off.

"What movie do you all wanna watch so we can pass time? We already bought snacks so we're good."

"Omg, can we watch to let it shine?" Laylah jumped excitedly, "Chris has been rapping that last part for ages and I keep getting stuck in my head."

"That's such a good idea, Nick put it on," Chris smiled at her and brought her closer to him so her head was rested on his shoulder, his arm snaked around her waist.

"You guys make me sick," his red haired brother retorted.

"Are you two a couple yet?" Matt asked teasingly.

"No, don't make it weird," Chris yelled at him but they stayed in their position, unbothered.

"We can talk later," Venus rested her head on his shoulder and brought the blanket that was on her closer to him so it covered both of them; in return a contagious soft smile spread across Matt's face, unable to keep it in any longer.

Authors Note

Heyyy almost 2 months later i updated.

Guys so much has happened, i finished my exams  which is nice and i'm on good terms with all my friends and i'm so lucky to have them. I was stuck in a depressive episode for so long and i'm starting to come out of it hence this chapter and I'm so happy to write again ngl. I love Billie's new guitar songs, especially TV they're both so prettyyy, so many songs came out recently and i'm so happy abt it.

Anyways, this book is at 72K which is fucking crazy never thought that would happen tbh, i was happy with my 20 views but forever grateful for everyone and all your guys comments are so funny and thank you for all the concern on other chapters, i've been seeing so many angel numbers too :)

Healthy reminder, to eat and drink and that you deserve it no matter what anyone tells you. If you're struggling, please just take it day by day and the little things you're doing count. I literally love you guys so much, this story means sm to me and so happy other ppl like it ahhhh

Have a cash money day

Love, Deven <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 167 47
Moribund, defined as- at the point of death Not everyone gets their fairytale happy ending, what happens when all falls apart? when the person you lo...
7.1K 88 10
• Olivia's parents are always fighting, and her dads abusive. So she tends to hang out with her neighbors, matt, Nick, and Chris. Olivia has a crush...
49.6K 960 26
𝗗𝗜𝗗 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟 𝗪𝗛𝗢 𝗚𝗢𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗭𝗘𝗡? 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘 𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗢𝗡 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗬 𝗘𝗟𝗦𝗘, �...
9.1K 110 11
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛: CHRIS IS IN LOVE WITH HIS BEST FRIEND. HE WANTS HER TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND SO BAD. SO BAD THAT HE RESORTS TO USING WIKIHOW TO GET ROMI...