The Devil's Smile - Editing

By pseudonymVA

Charlie King is the towns resident bad boy, always has been. Always will be, ever since he punched a kid's lo... More

𝗦𝗬𝗡𝗢𝗣𝗦𝗜𝗦
𝗩𝗜𝗦𝗨𝗔𝗟𝗦
𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝗧𝗪𝗢
𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝗧𝗘𝗡
𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘
𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗪𝗢
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬
𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗨𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗪𝗢

𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

2K 38 3
By pseudonymVA

𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗨𝗣

•••

I haven't spoke to Charlie since the races a week ago.

I didn't know we could even go that long without seeing each other, without texting, without laughing at each other.

I can't believe he even ditched me like that? Like what on earth? As is this stupid argument was over Scarlet in the first place.

That girl finds a way to get involved in my life no matter what, even if she doesn't physically need to be there. It's like witchcraft.

It's times like this I wish i had a close girl friend on stand-by, or even a mom that was around more than 25% of the time.

Yeah i had Brooklyn but she was hours away, busy with her own life and had her own silly little problems to worry over, she doesn't need me blowing up her phone over a futile argument.

Noah and Alex had been in touch, apparently Charlies mood had been foul recently and they could only imagine it had something to do with him and I.

And damn they were right.

Charlie hadn't been in school this week, i mean it was only first period on a Wednesday morning but still, he hasn't been here nonetheless.

First period history was coming to end so i began putting my notepad and pens away.

A shadow casted over me, I glanced my eyes up to be met with a sickening smirk from none other than Scarlet herself.

For fucks sake.

"Can i help you Scarlet?"

"Not really, you've done all you've needed to, bringing me and Charlie together"

"Oh not this shit again" i mumble under my breath. "Scarlet, i know you have issues you need to deal with but this is getting out of hand, Charlie doesn't like you, I don't like you, I'm positive your own brother doesn't even like you, what will it take for you to take a hint and leave me alone?"

"Its funny you should say that, because thats not the vibe i was getting from Charlie when his tongue was in my mouth"

Ew.

I physically grimaced at her words, picturing Charlie and her playing tonsil tennis was the last thing i wanted to imagine.

"Oh did he not tell you?" She asked, putting a finger to her lips, faking innocence and shock.

"I don't have the time for this" i got up but Scarlet side stepped in my way. "Scarlet, move" i tried stepping aside to get by but she mirrored my moves and remained in my way.

"I said, move"  I shouldered past Scarlet, shoving her with enough force to leave her stumbling.

I am beyond annoyed right now, usually I wouldn't let her get to me this much but between the stress of Charlie being M.I.A from my life and my lack of sleep and nutrition, it wasn't hard to piss me off these days.

Deciding i was better off at home rather than waiting for another run in with whoever at school, i took off out the building and headed home.

I wonder why she gets a kick out of causing drama like that, it must be a mental issue. Surely all that passive aggression isn't good for the mind?

Its no wonder she needs bi weekly spa treatments, she causes her own stress.

I unlocked the front door quickly, launching my backpack on the stool by the door.

Romeo and Prince were laying on the kitchen floor in the patch of sun that floods through the kitchen window. I unlocked the back door for them to go out before grabbing myself a poweraid from the fridge before heading upstairs.

A hot bath will do me some good i thought.

"I'm sure i didn't shut my bedroom door this morning" i thought out loud to myself.

I always knew this house was haunted, everyone told me I was crazy.

I cautiously opened the door and peaked my head around the corner of the door.

What the fuck is that.

On my bed was a full 40 stem bouquet of yellow roses.

Attached to the bouquet was a small card.

I walked over and snatched the card from the bouquet before grabbing the empty vase on my desk and filling it up with water from my bathroom. I placed the roses in there for the time being.

I was going to read the card before anything else.

Munchkin, I'm sorry
- C.K

Thats it?

That's all he has to say?

I stare at the small piece of card a while longer before putting it down and taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

I was overreacting but i was pissed, that was all he had to say? A simple I'm sorry?

I picked up my phone and my finger shakily hovered over the call button, decided i was too anxious to call i scrapped that idea, i'll text him instead.

The only problem? I had no idea what to say.

I was actually stumped. My mind was wheeling and my stomach was turning, anxiety took over me and my hands started shaking worse than before.

Too anxious to say anything i put my phone down and headed to the medicine cabinet.

Paracetamol?

No.

Ibuprofen?

Nope.

Tramadol?

Not tonight.

Codiene.

Maybe another time

A little baggy of weed?

Bingo

I roll myself a joint on the side of the sink before heading back into my room to find a lighter. I grab it and head out to the little outdoor seating area that me and Charlie last sat at.

I lit it up and inhaled a deep breath, before exhaling a cloud of smoke.

My mind was still a mess but at least my anxiety had slowed down to a manageable tremor.

I was still so mad at Charlie, not even for leaving me there anymore, but for the way he spoke to me, like i was a piece of shit.

I smoke a second joint and a third, getting half way through the third one before realising this wasnt my brightest idea because i was high as fuck right now.

Maybe i should just lay down for a while, stare at the clouds you know?

I don't know how much time had passed before I was disturbed.

"Nyx?"

"Are you home?"

As i was propping myself up on the seat, Charlie rounded the corner, a concerned look on his face, which was replaced with one of relief as his eyes landed on me.

"Oh thank god you're home!"

I just stared at him, my face crumpled up in a look of disgust.

"I'm sorry, i was going to ring or text you but i just got so worried, i thought you'd at least text me to say fuck you or something"

"Go away Charlie"

Charlie sniffed the air before eyeing up the ashtray beside me.

"Are you high right now?"

"I said go away"

"Nyx, i.."

"What is with people these days, i said go away! Are you dense or something?"

"Come on Nyx, you need something to eat and to come inside, you're freezing" Charlie said, approaching me with caution.

"Now you're concerned? You weren't this bothered when you left me at the tracks or when you spoke to me like absolute shit!"

"I know and I'm really sorry munckin"

I let out a frustrated sigh, i didn't want to forgive him easily but i could tell he was genuinely sorry, he had bags under his eyes, his usually shiny hair was dull and looked more disheveled than usual.

He looked like shit to be quite frank.

"It's been eating me up inside but i didn't have the balls to text you, I thought you'd want space" Charlie ran his calloused hand over his face, there were new scars and cuts covering his knuckles.

I'll ask about those later.

"Obviously I didn't want space, i wanted an explanation, i wanted you to tell me you wasn't fucking Scarlet! I just wanted you Charlie" my voice drifted off into a whisper at that last part.

"I know and I'm so sorry" he scooted closer to me, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I can promise that its not what it sounds like, and if you want I'll happily explain it to you."

I sat there and thought for a moment. Did i want to know?

If I don't ask now then it'll eat me up and I'll constantly be wondering what happened.

If anything i need to know just to put my mind at ease.

"Tell me" i close my eyes, saying a small prayer, i really hope it isn't what it's been made out to seem.

"Okay" Charlie took a deep breath. "Remember the other day when i walked you to art about half way through lunch?"

"Mhmm"

"Well after that, i was doing what i do best, causing havoc in school, i thought I'd pay Scarlet a little visit and give her a talking to about all the shit she's been talking about you"

"Well when i found and approached her, it all went out the window" he sighed, as if the next part was painful to say.

I can already feel my hands shaking again.

"I barely got four words out before she started talking at me, all oh Charlie, i knew you wouldn't stay away from me too long. I knew you liked me and not that slut" he mimicked a high pitch voice.

"She started cornering me against the lockers, trailing her finger up my chest, i was so uncomfortable at this point that i couldn't hear what she was saying anymore" Charlie hesitated before continuing "once her finger was under my chin, she pulled me forward and was kissing me"

Oh. My. God

"Some of the football lads were in the hall at this point and had watched me shove her back, they must've thought i was embarrassed to be seen making out with her, not that she.."

"Not that she was basically assaulting you" i cut him off.

Charlie hung his head in shame, as if he was in the wrong.

"Hey look at me" i cupped his cheek.

"You've done nothing wrong, but she is going to get whats coming for her" i was beyond pissed at this point.

"Don't get yourself into trouble at my expense, please" Charlie locked eyes with me.

"But she assaulted you! If the tables were flipped and that was a guy doing that to me, you'd be breaking somebody's nose by now!" I practically shouted, i don't understand how he's so calm right now.

"You're right, but i'd be doing more than breaking their nose" he let out a sigh. "But she's not worth it, please promise me you won't wring her neck in at school"

This time it was my turn to hesitate.

"I promise" i roll my eyes before sticking out my pinky finger, which Charlie grabs with his own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 1.4K 106
⚠️ Warning!!⚠️ ⚠️ Contains mature content such as smut, violence, language and drug use⚠️ Completed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^* " Bad things happen to everyone a...
816K 27.6K 33
Alexander walker and Dylan Ross. Two inseparable and most importantly 'straight' best friends who just like to mess around. What could go wrong betwe...
908K 23K 42
He's the school's biggest player. "Hey cutie, wanna take a ride?" He's the most arrogant person I know. "I can't help it if I'm amazingly good-lookin...
1.9K 149 21
~ Featured @StoriesUndiscovered ~ What happens when the school's popular yet bad boy gets paired up with the school's outcast. The girl who's father...