Red string of death. Mafuyu x...

By Defnot_Hana

Mafuyu, An honor student. Being a role model, she attends class frequently. Student council, and excels in bo... More

Role Model
Missing
Empty feelings
Child's hopes.
Sad little girl
A curse...
Ties cut
Flower of love
Red string of death
Bonus chapter (Short)

Never stop..

1K 25 2
By Defnot_Hana

I must.. never stop composing

"No, this isn't it." In the dark of a room, only the computer giving a faint light. A girl with greyish-blue hair with blue eyes, in her room talking to herself. The phone rang, answering it, her grandma had called and asked how Kanade was doing. Soon enough, she said it was late. "I'd better eat something." Thinking about eating instant noodles. Remembering someone posted a new song yesterday and she decided to listen to it. 

"Sorry I'm late, everyone. Have you been waiting long?" A female had messaged Kanade on an app called Nightcord. According to Kanade her 'name' was Yuki. Saying "Its okay-" then realizing she left her mic muted. Another girl had messaged, "Hey, Yuki! You're back! How was school?" Holding the conversation, they kept talking, and soon another girl messaged. Yawning and saying how sleepy she was "Oh, Yuki's back." Still talking, It seems that 'Enanan' draws the illustrations in the group, And 'Amia' does the storyboard for the music videos

"And I just finished the rough draft of our new song. Would you give it a listen, Yuki? I'd like your opinion." Kanade asked Yuki which she responded with "Sure, I'll listen to it later." Amia suddenly told 'K' "I just finished the storyboards for the MV. I'll send the file your way now." Kanade saying that she'll take a look. With what Amia said, Nightcord seems to be the app they use to message. Saying that Nightcord is easier to use then other messenger apps. Enanan started complaining on how bright it is outside, with Amia replying with "Probably cause you've been sleeping too much. I bet you've been asleep ever since we stopped working yesterday, haven't you?" 

"I didn't sleep that much. I couldn't stop working on the illustration once I started, so I didn't get to sleep until about nine this morning." Yuki with a slight happy tone "Enanan, you're always such a night owl." With Enanan replying she works better at night. With Amia saying how all-nighters are bad and its bad for your skin. Enanan, remembered, thanks to Amia that she had to go to school. "Oh, shoot! I'll get back to Nightcord after school!" Kanade said a quick see you and Amia going to work on her stuff.

"I'll be mixing the next song to be posted, then I'll listen to the draft version K made and start thinking about the best way to arrange it." Yuki stated and Kanade decided to get to work too.

Nightcord at 25:00

"Oh, It's already this late? I've got school tomorrow, so I should log off" 'Yuki' said with 'Enanan' replying with a yawn "I stayed up all night yesterday, so I should probably get some sleep too." And they all said goodbyes and goodnights. 

The next day.

"Thanks for breakfast. See you later, Mom" Mafuyu, But in Nightcord her name was Yuki. Mafuyu had purple hair in a side ponytail. Her hair was fairly long, with also purple eyes, that faded to blue. A happy expression on her face, but who knows if that's genuine. "Will you be home at the regular time today" Mafuyu's Mother asked with Mafuyu, still smiling said "Yeah. I should be back by five." Her mom reminded her to let her know if she'll be home late and which Mafuyu just slightly chuckled and reassured her and said she will. "All right, I'm off then!"

....

"This sounds about right. I should take a break" Kanade was about to take a break like she said until she got a phone call. "It's from the hospital... hello? ... Okay, thank you. I'll be sure to bring one the next time I visit... Um, how is my father doing? .... I see. No, thank you very much." ... Kanade suddenly got a notification "Oh, it's a comment on the last song we posted." 

"It's scary how much this sucks you in." "Kinda dark, but it's also somehow reassuring. I feel like I can finally get some sleep tonight thanks to this."

I'm glad, As long as my songs can help someone... As long as people can relate to them....

"Kanade, make sure you keep creating your own music."

"Dad... I have to keep making songs that can save people."

A sudden flash that shocked Kanade appeared. "Huh? What was.. My screen, it."

"...ly..." The computer tried to make out words. "What is this? Some kind of video? But I didn't click on anything." Kanade wondered and then computer tried again. "Co.... ly...." Kanade thought it sounds like its trying to say something "Come quickly...."

"I-Its gone. What was that? Come quickly? What's that supposed to mean?" Kanade asked no one in particular since she was alone in the room. "Anyways.." Lifting her finger, something was tied to her pinky. Everyone was born with it, and soon when they grow up. They meet their 'soulmate' Most people ignore them, because it was so called 'fate' they'll meet eventually. It's no use to acknowledge it everyday. 

....

"OWN.... Here they are. Looks like they've already got four songs." Kanade had searched the creator Enanan and Amia were talking about. "Yeah. I wonder what they're like. Why don't we give them a listen?" Yuki suggested. "This song..." Its like I can hear them screaming. It feels like they're all alone, drowning in a sea of despair. "Th-This sure is something else." Yuki stuttered, and Kanade muttered a "Yeah" But this sound.... This feeling... I feel like I've heard it before. "Just listening to the one song is kind of exhausting. I think I get what Enanan meant by it being overwhelming. What do you want to do , K? Should we listen to another..." 

"Hey, Yuki?" ... "Did you make this?" Kanade asked Yuki or.. Mafuyu. "What?" "It reminds me of the songs you used to write." Kanade asked but the response she got was silence for a while. "You think so? I don't really see it. Besides, I wouldn't know how to arrange sounds like these. I couldn't come up with such heavy lyrics either." 

"Its true, the lyrics are completely different than what you normally write, but still... This really wasn't you?" Mafuyu just laughed a bit and said "You doubting me this actually makes me more confident in my own work. Its really hard to believe I'd be mistaken for someone so popular." Kanade just said a quick sorry. "Don't worry about it. I'm just surprised you remember my old songs. It's been over a year since I wrote those." "Yeah, they really left an impression."

Mafuyu smiled, "I see. Its already been quite a while since we started chatting like this, hasn't it? I was really surprised to get a DM asking to make songs together from an account with zero followers and no profile picture. I thought it was spam at first." Mafuyu laughed a bit "After listening to your music, I knew I had to contact you right away, so I created an account on the spot." Kanade said quietly like she was a bit embarrassed. "It's fine. I'm happy you did. Time sure has flown, though. First Enanan joined, then Amia, and before long we even came up with a name I never imagined I'd be making songs with other people like this a year ago. So thanks for the invite, K." "It was nothing..." Kanade was quiet for a bit. "Hey, Yuki? Why did you agree to work with me?" "What? I guess because it sounded fun? Its not everyday you get a chance to make songs with a group. That and because I was really impressed the first time I listened to your songs. At the time, I..."

"I felt like your songs saved me."

"Huh? Saved?"

"Huh? S-Sorry, that sounded strange, didn't it? Maybe we should get back to work. It'll be morning soon." Mafuyu quickly said, so Kanade agreed. "All right, I'll talk to you later, then." "Mafuyu wait--" Mafuyu quickly left leaving Kanade alone. "So.. I actually managed to save someone with my songs. I'm so glad" But Kanade still wanted to ask Mafuyu about something. The red string of fate.

....

"I was saved? What was I thinking?" Mafuyu started talking to herself. "OWN..."

"Whenever I listen to OWN's music, I feel like I'm being sucked into some other place."
"There's something wrong with whoever made these. I wonder who it is."
"Listening to these makes me want to disappear, but I just can't seem to stop. So strange." 

"Lame... Even after making all these, I still can't find what I'm looking for. If that's the case, then.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 1.8K 72
A collection of Gay Oneshots. Includes: Matt Murdock/Frank Castle Jim Gordon/Oswald Cobblepot Rick Grimes/Daryl Dixon Daryl Dixon/Paul Rovia Rick...
31.2K 433 23
Makoto is an ordinary guy He wins a national lottery to go to hopes peak academy where he falls for a mysteries girl.... Highest Ranks! #1 on Naegiri...
129K 5K 65
I turned to leave but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him. I panicked, 'I know you're lying', he said with his eyes piercing my soul. 'I ha...
1.7K 63 6
Ena has no inspiration for the new MV amd feels completely lost , however her bandmate is willing to help her , taking her into a "mistery tour" with...