The Olive Theory - Mattheo Ri...

By itsurbestieee

"Tell me we weren't just friends." My voice was steady but on the inside I was breaking with every second of... More

Cast and Story Information
Chapter 1: Olive Eileen Crayer
Chapter 2: Mattheo Thomas Riddle
Chapter 3: Draco Lucius Malfoy
Chapter 4: Dark Visions
Chapter 5: Fate and Faith
Chapter 7: Pearl Dust and Rose Thorns
Chapter 8: Duty over Happiness
Chapter 9: Deathly Past

Chapter 6: Building Trust

59 4 11
By itsurbestieee

«Mattheo»

A/N: Welcome back <3 First of all I want to apologise for the late update. I'm really sorry I kept you waiting. It was not possible to complete the chapter in time and I didn't want to upload something I wasn't fully happy with. I hope you enjoy this chapter and feel free to leave a comment or vote. I'm really happy to see you interacting with the story <3

The cold walls vibrated, absorbing the bass from the party next door. With every breath you could smell the alcohol and perfume in the air. I was leaning next to the door, which Snapes niece just disappeared into.

I could make out the chatter and laughter from next door. Everyone was in their own world. The main character of their story and life. Sometimes you forget, that in some stories you're just a side character and in others you're their whole world.

I was my mother's whole world and she was mine.

Now, I was no ones. But I didn't need to be ones whole world. The people feared and respected me and the power my father held. We are willing to go to lengths no one else would, to protect it. Until now, that was enough for me.

But having no one that wholeheartedly loves you, is the most cruel thing for even the most powerful souls in the world. Nothing hurts more than being respected but not loved.

My hands traced along the seam of my shirt out of boredom. The girl disappeared into the toilet five minutes ago and slowly I was getting impatient.

I knew that if I wanted to find out why my father spared her with the dark mark, I needed to get to know her and her family. There was something he needed from her or possibly them. And it would be me, to find out what it was and take it before he could.

The relationship between me and Tom is difficult to explain. When my mother was still around he was a different man. After her death he changed his name to Voldemort, the dark wizard everyone knows for his cruel and cold heart, his snake like appearance and hate towards muggles.

He was never the most loving father, but he deeply cared for me and my mother. I knew that his plan was to be the most powerful wizard the world had ever seen. But in a different kind of way. He didn't want to rule with terror, but with respect.

I was never okay with how he treated the people around him. I just couldn't do anything about it. But now the tables have turned.

I may be the only person Tom cares about, but that's not because I'm his son. It's because I'm his future and partner. He benefits from my presence and power. And that's exactly what I had to learn the hard way.

If you have to know one thing about Tom, then that he isn't stupid in any way. On the contrary. He is one of the smartest and most powerful wizards to be alive.

Which is why you always need to be two steps ahead of him. Every day and every second. I know my father. Something important happened yesterday with Severus' niece. His reaction was a mistake. One that no one noticed. Except for me.

"Where the fuck is she?" A girl stormed towards the toilet and stopped in her tracks when she noticed me.

A laugh escaped my lips the second I saw her face. Her eyes were underlined with red smudged lipstick and mascara.

"Where is Olive?" her eyes wandered around the little hallway we were standing in.

"Who is Olive?" I asked confused, knowing who she meant, but I loved seeing the anger and impatience bubble inside of her.

"About my height, weird looking face-" she started but I interfered. "Right, right. She just left searching for Mellfey or Malfor." I answered, mixing up the name on purpose to annoy her even more.

"Malfoy." she corrected me annoyed and stormed towards the common room.

"Merlin." I raised my eyebrows at her behaviour and started pacing up and down the hallway like an animal in the zoo.

Eventually the door flew open and Olive appeared. Her hands were red and her eyes were pinned onto the entrance to the common room. Without even glancing at me once she brushed past me to get back to the party.

"I just fought off that little bitch for you. You're welcome." I said, as she passed me.

When she didn't answer I walked after her, my hands in the front pockets of my pants. "Poor move with the lipstick."

She was a few steps ahead of me, but didn't bother to turn around.

"Shut up." she answered calmly while speeding up her pace to create more distance between the two of us.

"What's your problem?" I shouted after her teasingly while adapting to her speed.

She stopped in her tracks abruptly, making me come to a halt directly in front of her. "I don't have a problem with you or anyone." We were now standing in the common room and the music was blasting all over the place.

I lowered my head so she could hear me properly. "You do." I whispered in her ear.

"Don't provoke me. I'm serious." her eyes were glaring at me while her index finger was inches away from my face.

"Whow darling." I raised my hands playfully at her words and she scoffed at my reaction.

"What do you want?" she raised her head a bit so she could look at me.

"You never introduced yourself." I answered with raised eyebrows, knowing damn well who she was.

"You didn't either."

"I don't need to introduce myself. You know who I am." Just for a second a smirk appeared on her face. She did try to hide it, but nonetheless I saw it.

She sighed at my words, trying to act annoyed. "I'm Olive."

"You're named after a vegetable?"

"Olives count as fruit. But yes." she crossed her arms in front of her chest after answering.

"Interesting choice."

"Well. I didn't choose it. Are you done now?"

"Relax. There is one thing I wanted to ask you about yesterday." I paused for a second before continuing.

"Do you know why my father didn't give you the dark mark?" I decided to ask my question straight forward.

"Uhm, he said I was to young and weak." she answered while scrunching her nose.

"Nothing else?" 

"Why don't you ask your dad?" she suggested and I threw my head back while laughing.

"Of course. Why didn't I think of that before." I joked, before looking at her with a serious expression.

"So you don't know anything?" I asked and she shook her head.

"You better don't lie to me." I said and looked deep into her eyes, trying to figure out if she really didn't know anything.

She broke the eye contact when someone wrapped their arm around my shoulder. Focusing on the person behind me.

"If that isn't the famous Mattheo Riddle." the hand patted my shoulder and I turned my head to see Theodore standing next to me.

"I'm going to catch some air." his head nodded towards the exit while his thumb and index finger moved to his lips.

"I'll be with you in a sec." he nodded at my words and shot me a wink before he left.

My head turned to face Olive "If I find out that you're lying you're done." I warned her and followed Theo outside, leaving her behind in the crowd. I could feel her eyes watching me leave the common room.

◅▫▻

The cool air filled my lungs and the sky was tinted in an unusual dark blue. It was only September, but the nights started to get cooler every day.

Theo was leaning onto the stone railing, his arms crossed in front of him. 

"One day and you're already hitting on her." he said when I stopped next to him, looking at the night sky.

"I'm trying to get to know her. My father is planing something and somehow she's important for him."

"Daddy Voldemort approved of her." Theo laughed while blowing smoke into the sky.

"Shut up. He'll find you." I grabbed one of the cigarettes and Theo handed me his lighter.

"I think she's knows something." I said as I lit my cigarette. "You think? I don't really know her, but she seems like one of the girls that can't lie." Theo answered, before looking at me.

"I don't agree with you. She's a Snape. You can't read a Snape like an open book. At least that's what I learned from working with Severus." 

"But that's Snape. That guy is one of a kind." Theo joked and I silently agreed with him.

"Seems like you need to get her to trust you, or try to get Snape to talk." he suggested, while looking down into the courtyard.

"Severus won't talk. If he knows something, that no one else is supposed to know, he'll keep his mouth shut."

"Getting Olive to trust you, it is." Theo announced and I rolled my eyes at his lack of seriousness for the situation. But he was right. If she knows something, then I'll need to get her to trust me.

We stood in silence for a little while, smoking our cigarettes and blowing smoke into the night sky. It was a comfortable silence that you can't have with everyone.

"How are you doing?" I asked, turning my head to face him.

I've known Theo for many years. We tell each other everything and he has been dealing with some things for a while now.

"Alright. Has been worse before" his eyes were searching for something in the distance and I could see that he wasn't so sure of what he just said.

Theo lost his mother early on, which is why I found most comfort in his presence after my mothers death. He knew what I was going through and I didn't have to explain anything to him. Now it was my turn to be on his side even though I couldn't make his pain and worry go away.

"He makes me feel worthless every day. Telling me that I'm nothing to him. That I let him down."

"Trust me Theo. Your father is an asshole. Don't listen to him. He doesn't even know you."

"I know that. But if you hear it enough you start to believe it." he lowered his head and I put my arm around his shoulder. "We have each other Theo."

"Thanks, mate."

"YOU were the one that helped me through it, when I lost my mum. Without you I wouldn't be the guy you know today. No one else could have done that better than you. And I'm fucking grateful to have you."

Theo and I had such a close friendship that we could be vulnerable with each other. I wouldn't trust anyone else like that.

Eventually it got too cold outside and we decided to get back to the party in the Gryffindor common room.

◅▫▻

When we walked through the door Pansy announced that a game of beer pong was about to start.

"You've got no change Riddle." Theo said and walked to the other end of the table at which Pansy and Olive were chattering.

"We'll see about that." I said while searching for the ball. "Yo, Blaise, Enzo." I waved in their direction, signalising them to join us.

"That's not working." Blaise said as he counted the people opposite of us. "Pansy, get your ass over here. We're short one bad bitch." Pansy chuckled at his words and joined our team.

It was us against Theo, Olive, Daphne and Fred. Blaise started out strong, scoring on his first throw.

"You're a king." I gave him a high five and Pansy squealed in excitement. 

It was my turn and the ball was circling in the cup, giving Theo the time to blow it back out.

"You fucker." I laughed and he shrugged his shoulder, snatching the ball for his throw.

Theo's throw was so clean that even Blaise was impressed. "Impressive, man." was all he said while nodding.

Olive was aiming at the next cup, but missed. The ball was rolling back to her on the table.

"Trick shot." Pansy screamed while clapping. 

Theo kneeled down, signalising her to get on his back. He was holding her up under her thighs. Her left arm was around his neck, resting on his right shoulder to get a steady throw.

My eyes were fixated on Theo's hands and his smile. Something in me didn't like the way he enjoyed this situation.

"Olive, Olive." Daphne shouted while jumping up and down. And she scored.

A few cups of beer later, we still had three left and Theo's team was on the last cup.

"Any last words?" Theo asked in our direction, before he aimed at the red plastic cup.

"You'll miss." I said with a smirk while leaning onto the wall.

"Wanna bet I don't?" Theo raised his eyebrows at me and I chuckled.

"If you miss you have to spend an entire day with Daphne studying." I suggested, knowing from what I heard, that she'll torture him academically. 

Daphne laughed at my words but stopped as soon as she realised that she won't be able to study with Theo at all. "Hell no. That's punishment for me and not him."

"If you miss you have to clean out my uncle's potions and ingredients cabinet." Olive suggested and Theo sighed.

"Nooo. I won't do that." he whined. "Then don't miss, champion." she patted his shoulder while laughing. "Okay. But if I score Mattheo has to clean the potions cabinet." he smirked in my direction and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Alright." I nodded, leaning down to defend the cup.

No one dared to say a word as Theo aimed for the last cup. And he scored so perfectly, as if his life depended on it.

"Fucker." I muttered before downing the cup and Theo patted my shoulder.

◅▫▻

A bit later Theo and I made our way back to the Slytherin common room.

"You can't tell me that this wasn't perfect. I mean you have an excuse to snoop in Snape's stuff now." Theo said as we arrived in our dorm.

"Don't tell me that was what you had in mind." I laughed and he shook his head.

"Sometimes the universe works in your favour." 

As I was laying in bed, my mind was trying to figure out a way to get Olive to trust me. It wasn't going to be easy, but it was possible.

◅▫▻

Let's see if Mattheo succeeds. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I also wanted to take the time and thank the one's that voted or commented on any of my chapters. It means a lot to me. And when I tell you I squealed with joy as I saw the notification, I really did. So thank you <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 4.2K 64
The character mattheo riddle doesn't belong to me. All creds go to @yasmineamaro *TW* contains: abuse, depression, blood, knives, rape, sh, ed, suici...
15.3K 299 12
Even in the dark period of war, there is still a thing called love. Mattheo Riddle finds that out after going to Hogwarts for the first time, having...
4.9K 27 22
BOOK 1!!! Amaya Malfoy(you) hated Mattheo riddle first. But will you fall for him? Will he do same? Read and find out! This is the story about two Lo...
1M 13.3K 49
1/2 A rumor about Margot Black (or y/n) and Mattheo Riddle sleeping together when in reality, they hated each other with a passion and wanted to be a...