RED

By dreamquisite

❝And I can see the sirens on his eyes, the poison on his lips, the burns of his touches, and yet I embraced h... More

RED
PRELUDE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39

EPILOGUE

5.3K 229 90
By dreamquisite

Eunjoo stepped outside the car, followed by Euwon, whose eyes are still down on his phone, proudly displaying the handouts he should've studied at night rather than drinking with his dad.

Eunjoo is not far different either, her eyes still threatening to close as she peeked on the window of the driver's seat, roll opened by Gayoon.

"May it be a lesson not to listen to the devil." Gayoon smiled.

"Ugh, mom, I think I'm going to pass out asleep throughout my morning classes," Eunjoo groaned.

"Try, and you won't be free from sanctions, even if this is your family's school."

"Hey, can I go first? We really shouldn't be late for the test," Euwon restlessly excused.

"Wonnie dear, make sure to pass the test."

Euwon sighed. "Sorry, no promises, mom."

Gayoon can just sigh and take a last good look at her high school kids.

"Call me if you need me, hm? I still have to lock the alcohol cabinet for the peace of your dad's alter ego. Love you kids!"

"Love you, mom!" the two chorused and watched as the car drove away.

The siblings diligently went to school as usual. Eunjoo in 4th year, and Euwon in 1st year.

They're just two out of the seven well-known kids at Tantiana University, bearing their parents' histories in the school.

Eunjoo is known for her skills in debate and leadership, while Euwon is more into the arts and music.

The siblings' personalities are also contradictory in some ways, with Eunjoo being more of an open speaker than the younger.

When Eunjoo arrived at the seniors' designated lockers, one word automatically echoed in her brain.

Hell.

There they are again– the self-proclaimed F4 of the high school department—four senior boys who do look good, but the act of arrogance is more visible than the act of goodwill.

Eunjoo can just wonder why they aren't kicked out by the number of sanction records they already have.

Straightening her posture, Eunjoo just continued to her locker, unluckily placed beside their leader, Jung Sejun, who, may I add, was flirting with another girl whom Eunjoo assumed to be a junior.

"Excuse me." Eunjoo cleared her throat. "You're standing against my locker."

The girl's eyes widened. "Oh, I'm sorry, I don't"

"Don't say sorry, baby, it's never a problem. Right, Lee?"

Eunjoo only forced a smile. "It is, Jung. And I don't care if it isn't a problem to you, but it is to me. Now please go?"

"Oooohh, you look horrible, Eunjoo-ah. But yeah, maybe your genes really saved you. You still look cute," Sejun commented, and he was about to pat the girl's hair when Eunjoo yanked his hand away.

To say it another way, the number of eyes watching them is increasing every moment, testing Eunjoo's patience.

She threw her head back with a sigh, then looked at the junior girl.

"You can go back to your class now; it's almost time."

"O-okay"

"And you." Eunjoo glared at Sejun. "Follow me."

Some actually teased them about it, though Eunjoo perfectly stopped herself from going full hulk to them.

She can't dirty her family's name just because of this.

Eunjoo led them to the club building, specifically the Student Council Office, and was thankful that no one was there.

Once the door was closed, Eunjoo immediately threw the deadliest glare she could muster.

"Woah woah, okay, chill." Sejun raised his palms like he was trying to calm her down.

"I'll chill if you stop acting like a douchebag and start thinking about what I feel. For once," Eunjoo sharply said.

"I'm trying!"

"We'll soon be eighteen. And this?" she rolled her sleeve up, showing the male's birthdate in blank ink. "This fucking tattoo will soon take effect."

"We're soulmates, okay, Lee Eunjoo!" Sejun exclaimed and sighed. "Just give me more time."

"More time for what? To hoe around?" Eunjoo scoffed. "Then take all your time, your majesty. Lose my empathy; I don't care."

"Joo-ah!"

Eunjoo looked at the hand gripping her wrist, thinking that if they're the right age, the bond should be taking effect by now.

Sejun sighed, "I don't wanna lose mine. It's just... this whole soulmate thing is such a huge deal."

"Is it taking a huge chunk of your current life? Or you're just so used to being free and hate the fact that a mere tattoo will not let you be free again sooner?"

The man's silence made her chuckle.

"You're like my papa." Eunjoo turned around to face him again. "But you see, mama made him see the beauty of soulmates. I guess I'll just recall the bedtime stories and do it to you."

Eunjoo smiled and offered a handshake.

"One year. We have one year left of complete freedom. After that, I hope that we'll get along so fine."

Sejun looked at her hand and then said, "What did your mama do?"

"Just some mind-opening whatevers. Actually, Papa just had to feel tons of boulders crashing his heart until he realized that he didn't want to lose his whole life too. So he followed his happiness. His soulmate." Eunjoo nudged at her hand. "Deal?"

"Well, you're good at this," Sejun said, clasping her hand.

Eunjoo grinned, "I'm reserving my first Ferris wheel with you, Jung Sejun."

"Then I'll be your first Ferris wheel buddy, Lee Eunjoo."

yes we reached the finish line

Red
finally met its end!

thank you all so much for your utmost support and enthusiasm throughout the whole book!

i hope this suits well to your liking.

hope to see you again!

to more
nct books
with you

dreamquisite

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 12.5K 78
"It's scary living your life knowing that once glance can dictate your whole future." Soulmate AU NCT Jungwoo (This is my first book so bare with me)
207K 6.1K 68
❀ Idol AU ❀ Their souls intertwined, they discovered solace, healing, and catharsis within each other's arms. Book One in the 'Glitch Mode' Series
168K 8.6K 38
❝Can I have your heart after this dance?❞ He's a charming, pale-skinned criminal, eyes of a blackhole; i sink. Lips of trickling blood, hands in gri...
85.6K 3.6K 24
🔑 nct lee haechan soulmate fanfiction ❝ why do you keep staring at me? do you want to make out with me? ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started: july 4, 2021 published:...